GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
That gift card promo seems interesting. Just wondering how it'd work and if it'd be worth it.
I tried to get a quote for a $5 Walmart gift card, and the system indicated "Sorry, at this time we are only accepting cards with values greater than $17."

Then I tried a $50 Cabela's gift card, and was quoted $37 (74% value). With bonus, that's still a significant loss.

Best Buy was about 82% of the value. If the percentage is linear, and you brought in the minimum value $17 gift card, you'd make just shy of $2, assuming the in-store works the same way. You start to lose money at about $25.

There might be a brand that gives a better percentage than that, but it seems like this only benefits someone with a gift card they already do not value.

Went to trade tomb raider and found out I have a trade ban. I never traded more than 3 of any item but I did trade 2 and 3 of multiple things during the 50% bonus promo.

Went to trade tomb raider and found out I have a trade ban. I never traded more than 3 of any item but I did trade 2 and 3 of multiple things during the 50% bonus promo.
That's weird, maybe someone else used your account? Someone at the store might have heard you giving your phone # and used it when they went to a store.

That's weird, maybe someone else used your account? Someone at the store might have heard you giving your phone # and used it when they went to a store.
I don't know, would anyone actually do that? I'm thinking maybe its because I did multiple copies of multiple items in a short span.

You can still use store credit on your card when you're banned right? I may have traded in 5 xbox 360 controllers over the last month.

I don't know, would anyone actually do that? I'm thinking maybe its because I did multiple copies of multiple items in a short span.
You'd be surprised what people would do. I traded 3 of the same item and 2 of the same item also but on the same day during that promo and I'm still good.

You might have to call and see if they will tell you why you're banned. IIRC someone did that before and they explained to him why.

My bad. PS3/360 system trade promo starts 6/21 - trade in a qualifying PS3/360 system towards a PS4/XB1, get $150 credit.

The 20% trade bonus starts 6/26. All trades (games, accessories, systems, smartphones, tablets) receive 20% bonus credit. PUR Pro stacks for games and accessories.

My bad. PS3/360 system trade promo starts 6/21 - trade in a qualifying PS3/360 system towards a PS4/XB1, get $150 credit.

The 20% trade bonus starts 6/26. All trades (games, accessories, systems, smartphones, tablets) receive 20% bonus credit. PUR Pro stacks for games and accessories.
What are the qualifying systems? I assume the same hard drive sizes as the ones required for the BBY deal?

Did anyone ever find that first missing page of boosted TIVs? I traded in Black ops 2 (360) today and it had a $15 base rather than the $10 base listed.

All of the other pages posted to imgr were a big help though. It helped me purge my collection a little bit.

I have a 4GB Xbox360 with a 250GB hard drive in it, when traded do they trade it as a 4GB then trade in the hard drive as an accessory? Because I imaging the serial number on it identifies it as a 4GB. Just trying to figure out if I should do the best buy promo tomorrow or gamestop promo Sunday. Thanks

Local Gamestop is holding some midnight Batman event that I want absolutely nothing to do with.

Is there a good chance that I can get my preordered copy a couple of days later when the heat dies down?

Local Gamestop is holding some midnight Batman event that I want absolutely nothing to do with.

Is there a good chance that I can get my preordered copy a couple of days later when the heat dies down?
You preordered it, so you should be able to. If they don't have a copy for you, then you always have the receipt survey.

Logical thinking would say if you have a vanilla copy preordered then yes of course. This game easily has a billion copies being shipped to stores so people can walk in and buy it. It's batman. If you have a LE then they are only obligated to hold it for 48 hours.

Gran Turismo 6 trade in value is now $5. I checked in stores I visited this afternoon personally.
That was always the price if you don't have PUR, same if you check the value on the site. It only applies the bonus when you trade in with a PUR account. So did you actually try to trade it in or did they look up the value?

Just did a trade in and will confirm for you guys....
Kirby triple deluxe -$21.50
New super Mario bros (ds)-$21.20
killer instinct combo breaker -$13.30
Gran turismo 6 -$18.00
Nfs rivals (ps4)-$18.50
Lego marvel super heroes (ps4)-$13.40
forza horizon 2 (xbone)-$32.5

Even with Bday coupon, the boomerang of GT6 would cover the amount of credit I used for BB trade in with Kongregate coupons. That makes the $35 BB credit free. Score

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back