GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot what I already posted/have been posted:

Genesis:

Jurassic Park - $3

Mortal Kombat - $4

Ms. Pac-Man - $3

Sonic 1 - $4

Sonic 2 - $3

Sonic 3 - $6

Sonic & Knuckles - $6

Sonic Spinball - $2

Spider-man - $4

Street Fighter II - $4

Tiny Toons - $4.50

TMNT Hyperstone Heist - $24.50

X-Men - $4.50

N64:

Doom 64 - $11.50

Dreamcast

Hydro Thunder - $6

SNES

Legend of Zelda - $22.50

Street Fighter II - $6

NES

Blaster Master - $4.50

Bubble Bobble - $8.50

Castlevania - $12.50

Castlevania 2 - $7

Double Dragon - $8.50

Friday the 13th - $4

Metroid - $13.50

Ninja Gaiden - $7

Super Mario Bros. 2 - $9

Super Mario Bros. 3 - $9

Yoshi - $4.50

Zelda 2 - $11.50

I know this isn't going to matter to most people given all the TIV talk today but I talked to CS today and found out that they can mail you replacement PUR cards at your request. Most people probably use their phone number but since I use my PRO card as my trade card too, I figured it'd be helpful to those that care.

Something that some CAG's might be interested in spending some of the credit with the crazy flips the last few weeks. A couple of stores i have been to in the last few days have been selling MTG boosters and starter decks.  I picked up about 8 packs of Orgins so far and had a couple of decent pulls.

I know this isn't going to matter to most people given all the TIV talk today but I talked to CS today and found out that they can mail you replacement PUR cards at your request. Most people probably use their phone number but since I use my PRO card as my trade card too, I figured it'd be helpful to those that care.
Last I knew you get one replacement free, then if you need a second, you have to pay.

I'm still waiting for mine to get to the point where it stops working to replace it. (going on 4 years strong!)

Last I knew you get one replacement free, then if you need a second, you have to pay.

I'm still waiting for mine to get to the point where it stops working to replace it. (going on 4 years strong!)
This is actually pretty good info for me . My 2nd account card doesn't swipe anymore and my main account looks worse to the point that I'm surprised everytime it does swipe .

This is actually pretty good info for me . My 2nd account card doesn't swipe anymore and my main account looks worse to the point that I'm surprised everytime it does swipe .
What you can also do is now pay using the mobile app. You go to card details in the app and enter the PIN they scan the barcode in the app and enter the pin and it pays, same thing can be used to load money into it.

Does GS transfer used games from one location to another?

There is a GS 37 miles away that has two used Vita games I want that aren't even available new in my town. If I go to my local GS and ask for them to have those two games be brought to that location and held for me, will they do such a thing?

There is a GS 37 miles away that has two used Vita games I want that aren't even available new in my town. If I go to my local GS and ask for them to have those two games be brought to that location and held for me, will they do such a thing?
YMMV experience.

If you call the store that has and you have the store number of the store you want it to go to you can ask for an interstore transfer.

I did it before with a ps2 game.

A buddy of mine said that he took his ps4 to trade at GameStop and they only gave him $150. They said it would have been $200 but they charged $50 to buff out the system?

Lol wut?

Has anyone ever tried stacking two of the GS "preowned" PUR coupons if they are different denominations? I've done it with regular $$$ off any item coupons but I never tried it with a preowned coupon. I was thinking of trying a $25 and a $15 coupon together on one game.

I want to go back and buy one of the games I regret trading in during the 50% coupon madness. I realized now I have enough points to just about cover it.

Has anyone ever tried stacking two of the GS "preowned" PUR coupons if they are different denominations? I've done it with regular $$$ off any item coupons but I never tried it with a preowned coupon. I was thinking of trying a $25 and a $15 coupon together on one game.

I want to go back and buy one of the games I regret trading in during the 50% coupon madness. I realized now I have enough points to just about cover it.
I don't think I've tried stacking them since the new POS went into effect, but it worked before just like with the regular $xx-off coupons.

It 100% works. Did it the other day.

Values on GS are still high. I heard there might be 50% promo at the end of the month.

I wonder if values will drop.

Values on GS are still high. I heard there might be 50% promo at the end of the month.

I wonder if values will drop.
100% guaranteed. This is likely just a repeat of the same behavior we saw last weekend, when games with $37.50 TIVs like LEGO Jurassic World had those TIVs through Monday then dropped on Tuesday.

Yesterday, I bought Pikmin 3 for $15 using a $25 off PO, $15 off PO and a 10% off a PO item coupon...all 3 stacked

Yesterday, I bought Pikmin 3 for $15 using a $25 off PO, $15 off PO and a 10% off a PO item coupon...all 3 stacked
And just to confirm the last time I did this during the beta rollout I noticed that on the new POS, the coupons were all correctly redeemed so the glitch was fixed. Can you confirm all three of your coupons are gone too?

Anyone know when they add new phones to gamestop.com? Is it just random or is there a set day they add some? Looking for a new iPhone with all the credit I just got.

Anyone know when they add new phones to gamestop.com? Is it just random or is there a set day they add some? Looking for a new iPhone with all the credit I just got.
Cash out for Amazon credit and get one there. I did that a few weeks ago after my fiancé broke her iPhone 5 and got her a 6.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will look into it. I am looking into a AT&T iPhone 6 plus grey and at least 64gb. I think GS had a 128gb up yesterday but it sold.

Is it possible to go into a store and do a WIS order for one even if it's not available online?

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my iPhone 6 plus last year from trading in a bunch of iPhone 4's to AT&T. They gave you $200 each and you could get them for about $50 on Amazon so it was decent flip :) hope they do the same promo this year with the new iPhone .

Is it just me or did Gamestop remove the ability to type in a game or console and see how much the TiV is?  It's completely gone for me.

I was hoping something had changed but I guess not :(

Thanks for confirming.
I tried it right now again and they're both gone. I used a $25 off and $15 off coupon this time.

Is it just me or did Gamestop remove the ability to type in a game or console and see how much the TiV is? It's completely gone for me.
Just you.

I need some heavy duty GS>BB credit movers...anybody? I just traded in a couple of games that I purchased at GS: :ps3: zumba and GTA V (I used $40 off coupons)

I tried it right now again and they're both gone. I used a $25 off and $15 off coupon this time.

Just you.

I need some heavy duty GS>BB credit movers...anybody? I just traded in a couple of games that I purchased at GS: :ps3: zumba and GTA V (I used $40 off coupons)
Should have just renewed for 15000 points and used a b2g1

I ran into the district from Hell on Saturday.  I think the DM sent out an email to all his stores to check purchase history before accepting any trades.  Got turned away at the first store and they stole my coupon and threw it away.  The two employees also bragged about calling corporate and getting 4 people banned already.

Went to a second store and they turned away the trade, but weren't assholes about it.

I ran into the district from Hell on Saturday. I think the DM sent out an email to all his stores to check purchase history before accepting any trades. Got turned away at the first store and they stole my coupon and threw it away. The two employees also bragged about calling corporate and getting 4 people banned already.

Went to a second store and they turned away the trade, but weren't assholes about it.
The DM here said to me "I'm fine with you doing this but if I ran the company this wouldn't be happening"

I got my iPhone 6 plus last year from trading in a bunch of iPhone 4's to AT&T. They gave you $200 each and you could get them for about $50 on Amazon so it was decent flip :) hope they do the same promo this year with the new iPhone .
They allowed you to stack multiple iPhone's for 1 phone? That's pretty impressive actually.

I ran into the district from Hell on Saturday. I think the DM sent out an email to all his stores to check purchase history before accepting any trades. Got turned away at the first store and they stole my coupon and threw it away. The two employees also bragged about calling corporate and getting 4 people banned already.

That's why you keep multiple accounts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back