GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
The term banned isn't even appropriate. It's more like a temporary suspension or probation. Best Buy throws ban hammers... these are just temporary trade suspensions.

The term banned isn't even appropriate. It's more like a temporary suspension or probation. Best Buy throws ban hammers... these are just temporary trade suspensions.
Yeah, banned is a much worse penalty than the trade limit thing.

I kept trying to differentiate last time but nobody listened.

I missed out on last month's trade in promo/50% bonus. Can any of you fellow CAGs guess or give any insight at how often 50% trade in coupons show up? These values seem solid but I don't want to trade in anything just to see a new coupon show up next month. 

It's a smaller flip, but if you took advantage of Target's current preorder card deal (25% off any Xbox or PS game with $1 preorder card) with a pricematch for Amazon you could flip Master Chief Collection and make around $6 depending on tax. Might be other flips, too.

It's a smaller flip, but if you took advantage of Target's current preorder card deal (25% off any Xbox or PS game with $1 preorder card) with a pricematch for Amazon you could flip Master Chief Collection and make around $6 depending on tax. Might be other flips, too.
i think at target they don't allow you to get 25% off with a preorder card then price match it. no?

i think at target they don't allow you to get 25% off with a preorder card then price match it. no?
It's against policy, but they do it most of the time without thinking about it. I used that plus the cartwheel deal the other day to pick up Master Chief Collection for $18.xx.

It's against policy, but they do it most of the time without thinking about it. I used that plus the cartwheel deal the other day to pick up Master Chief Collection for $18.xx.
I will give it a shot today and see what happens....thank you!

also can I get call of duty combo pack from bestbuy, then trade each disk seperately at gamestop? This way, I will get few bucks more lol

Yeah, banned is a much worse penalty than the trade limit thing.

I kept trying to differentiate last time but nobody listened.
Fine, we'll put it as one of the following:

* Trade Limit Exceeded

* Temporary blocked from trading

I would assume that the trade limits should start sliding off at the end of the month, same for the temporary blocks, assuming it's a 30-day timeframe.

Fine, we'll put it as one of the following:

* Trade Limit Exceeded

* Temporary blocked from trading

I would assume that the trade limits should start sliding off at the end of the month, same for the temporary blocks, assuming it's a 30-day timeframe.
I wouldn't count on that, I was banned for "trade limit exceeded" for 3-4 months for going over the trade limit last year.

I'm considering getting PUR to boost / partly cover the cost of my trades this weekend. Does signing up for PUR have to be a separate transaction prior to the trades, or can it be part of the same transaction? I'm guessing no, but I'm wondering if it's like GCU where you can sign up and buy a discounted game in the same transaction.

I'm considering getting PUR to boost / partly cover the cost of my trades this weekend. Does signing up for PUR have to be a separate transaction prior to the trades, or can it be part of the same transaction? I'm guessing no, but I'm wondering if it's like GCU where you can sign up and buy a discounted game in the same transaction.
Yes buying/renewing PUR Pro stacks in the same transaction, always has.

Dude because they're the same thing. Both prevent you from trading stuff in for a certain time.
Okay. Let's just clarify because it is obviously not the same thing. Banned is banned. No more. Done. Finished. BANNED.

Trade Limit Reached is a suspension. Not a ban.

Okay. Let's just clarify because it is obviously not the same thing. Banned is banned. No more. Done. Finished. BANNED.

And it's different from a trade suspension also. Trade suspensions are bad things that escalate in length.

These are different. The message people saw pop up proves it.

There are different kind of ban with varying lengths. The one you are thinking about is a lifetime ban. Trade Limit exceeded for right now looks like a 90 days ban from trading of any kind, doesn't matter if you want credit or cash. This 90 days ban could be less based on what was communicated to me.

Sorry but ban and suspension are the same thing based on the context of what we are discussing here.

Also, one of my manager friends informed me recently that his DM had a discussion with them all talking about "boomeranging" (in particular he mentioned Batman) and that they had gone over a list of a ton of games that if they saw people buying and trading in those particular games to take note of it.   Guess the secret got out eh? Who linked them to this thread??

Also, one of my manager friends informed me recently that his DM had a discussion with them all talking about "boomeranging" (in particular he mentioned Batman) and that they had gone over a list of a ton of games that if they saw people buying and trading in those particular games to take note of it. Guess the secret got out eh? Who linked them to this thread??
Nice that he closed the barn door after the horse was out!

Once this goes live, time to search for boomerangs or amazon to gs flips.

This employee asked me today if I pre ordered one piece and teased me with the shiny steelbook. It's colorful and glowing like crap. Too bad I didnt look close enough to see if there was a barcode to scan or not. I'll probably just order online and return that joint lol

Dont listen to this guy, GS. Run whatever promos you like with whatever high TIV you want...some people have the nerve to tell almighty GS!
Hey, I know. I totally agree with you. Plus GS has been doing this for years, they aren't going to learn now. But it is BS for them to ban their customers for their lack of forsight.

Not really... it's a protective measure and should be expected. Should they just allow abusers to trade $10k from them? No.

Will I try?

Yes.
They actually should allow it. It is entirely their fault, and their customers are doing nothing that is against stated company policy. If they don't like it, they should just pay more attention to the promos they are running.

They actually should allow it. It is entirely their fault, and their customers are doing nothing that is against stated company policy. If they don't like it, they should just pay more attention to the promos they are running.
We should be able to trade in as many copies of Batman and Lego Jurrasic World as we want. Nothing in the policy on their website says otherwise.

I am clearly in the minority hear but 1 last post.  When a comoany:

1. Gives you a 50% bonus TIV coupon for each item you buy

2. Runs a promo of increased TIVs overlapping with those coupons and

3. Sends emails out specifically advertising those increased TIVs.

It is not the customers fault that this all happened.  It takes someone of approximately 2nd grade math level to figure out that many of those items are worth buying from them and then trading back. Unless there is a clear policy against that, why would a customer not take advantage?  I will drop this now, but many of you seem shockingly pro arbitrary business policy on this.

Anyone have a recent value on Batman: Arkham Knight Xbox One? I usually use the website but it isn't on there. 

(Edit) Never mind forgot there was an app for this.

if you buy a game from gamestop and then trade it right back in that same day   you should be banned,  too freaking lazy to even go to a different gamestop to trade in the game..... Wonder how many people walked in  got the item went out the door, turn around went back into the store and go  UMMM I want to sell this.

if you buy a game from gamestop and then trade it right back in that same day you should be banned, too freaking lazy to even go to a different gamestop to trade in the game..... Wonder how many people walked in got the item went out the door, turn around went back into the store and go UMMM I want to sell this.
This is why we can't have nice things. I'm LAZY, go to a different Gamestop asshole.

Doh. I'm going to miss out on this weekend. I need to start buying stuff every time there's a 50% coupon just to ensure I can strike whenever these things roll around. I assume the coupon was distributed 2-3 weeks ago, like the last time this happened? Or could I go buy some games tomorrow and get in on the action?

Doh. I'm going to miss out on this weekend. I need to start buying stuff every time there's a 50% coupon just to ensure I can strike whenever these things roll around. I assume the coupon was distributed 2-3 weeks ago, like the last time this happened? Or could I go buy some games tomorrow and get in on the action?
There's no 50% coupon this time, just some value boosts on select titles.

there is no 50% coupon

Hey guys, can I walk into any gamestop and preorder a destiny ps4 bundle?? On the path to make some decent flips tomorrow if these values hold (bought a ton of stuff with coupons/gcu).

Hey guys, can I walk into any gamestop and preorder a destiny ps4 bundle?? On the path to make some decent flips tomorrow if these values hold (bought a ton of stuff with coupons/gcu).
3c8ece74deafeda718579984c9ed064d.500x230x39.gif

Far Cry 4 trade in is $22.50. Amazon has it for $20 new, price match at Target and stack 10% cartwheel (I think it's still active) and 5% redcard. Hell do the 25% with 1$ preorder card if you want. Destiny PS4 is in the same boat for anyone interested. Not much but if you were planing on stopping in anyway...

Far Cry 4 trade in is $22.50. Amazon has it for $20 new, price match at Target and stack 10% cartwheel (I think it's still active) and 5% redcard. Hell do the 25% with 1$ preorder card if you want. Destiny PS4 is in the same boat for anyone interested. Not much but if you were planing on stopping in anyway...
Im guessing the new gen versions arent getting the tiv increase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back