GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Some game trade-in listings say "BST" after the system abbreviation. Anyone know what that means? Search isn't working for me at the moment.

I just traded my xbox one console for $225 tiv ($50 bump) for a pre owned white sexy xbox one! All I did was cancel my cod bo3 he and paid additional $20 from my giftcards! The white xbox one and controller are so beautiful!

I just traded my xbox one console for $225 tiv ($50 bump) for a pre owned white sexy xbox one! All I did was cancel my cod bo3 he and paid additional $20 from my giftcards! The white xbox one and controller are so beautiful!
Congratulations! You just gave them over $100 and a console you knew the history of for an unknown preowned product because it's white. What a deal! Think how much more this xbox one can do too!

Congratulations! You just gave them over $100 and a console you knew the history of for an unknown preowned product because it's white. What a deal! Think how much more this xbox one can do too!
I can feel the hate in the air. Your e-penis is caught inside my mouth.how's it feel? Should I bite it off?

I can feel the hate in the air. Your e-penis is caught inside my mouth.how's it feel? Should I bite it off?
Um... I'm not sensing any hate. I just see someone pointing out how your decision was pretty dumb. There might be some sarcasm, but I'm not sending any hate. I mean, come on! You traded a perfectly good console plus extra money for that same console with no new features and a higher risk of something being wrong with it since its preowned! WTF

if you buy a game from gamestop and then trade it right back in that same day you should be banned, too freaking lazy to even go to a different gamestop to trade in the game..... Wonder how many people walked in got the item went out the door, turn around went back into the store and go UMMM I want to sell this.
My oh my... buy a game from gamestop and trade it back in the same day at the same store!? Who the heck would do that!?

Um... I'm not sensing any hate. I just see someone pointing out how your decision was pretty dumb. There might be some sarcasm, but I'm not sending any hate. I mean, come on! You traded a perfectly good console plus extra money for that same console with no new features and a higher risk of something being wrong with it since its preowned! WTF
can he live a little!?

A couple of question.

1. What's the trade in deal for the Xbox one at the moment?

2. I plan to preorder the Xbox Halo 5 bundle. Will I have to pay tax on preorders using credits? Live in NJ btw.

anyone remember if trade in on an xbox one has been higher than 225 lately?  Trying to decide if I trade mine in during the current promo, or take a chance for a better value when the forza system comes out.  Can't find an expiration on current 50$ bump either

anyone remember if trade in on an xbox one has been higher than 225 lately? Trying to decide if I trade mine in during the current promo, or take a chance for a better value when the forza system comes out. Can't find an expiration on current 50$ bump either
$225 is good but it had the 50 percent bonus offer for console trade ins.

Not sure they will ever do that again but it was $160+ 50% bonus = $240. The PS4 went for $345 with that offer!!!!

anyone remember if trade in on an xbox one has been higher than 225 lately? Trying to decide if I trade mine in during the current promo, or take a chance for a better value when the forza system comes out. Can't find an expiration on current 50$ bump either
yep, just read the thread a litlle!

Here's the terms

Get $50 Extra CreditWhen You Trade Your Xbox One or PS4 System

Offer valid 8/17/15 through 9/20/15. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Also, one of my manager friends informed me recently that his DM had a discussion with them all talking about "boomeranging" (in particular he mentioned Batman) and that they had gone over a list of a ton of games that if they saw people buying and trading in those particular games to take note of it. Guess the secret got out eh? Who linked them to this thread??
Why Batman though , I must be missing something ?

Far Cry 4 trade in is $22.50. Amazon has it for $20 new, price match at Target and stack 10% cartwheel (I think it's still active) and 5% redcard. Hell do the 25% with 1$ preorder card if you want. Destiny PS4 is in the same boat for anyone interested. Not much but if you were planing on stopping in anyway...
You can also buy it at BB and price adjust it next week. If you have GCU it will be $18 plus tax.

Edit: Or just buy it Sunday to avoid the price adjust.

Not too shabby, $90 trade in credit:

AC: New Leaf 3DS                    $20 (paid $20 2 years ago)

KH Dream Drop Distance 3DS $25 (paid $20 2 years ago)
LoZ Twilight Princess Wii          $20
MK Komplete Edition PS3         $12.50 (paid $10 2 years ago)

Kirby Super Star Ultra DS         $12.50 (thanks for the gift ex-gf lol)

Got Splatoon and $30 down on Mario Maker.

Traded in a stack of games and some notable ones that raised the clerk's eyebrows: The Bigs 2 and MLB 2K12. $20+ each for sports games that are over 3 years old?! Crazy. 

Not too shabby, $90 trade in credit:
AC: New Leaf 3DS $20 (paid $20 2 years ago)
KH Dream Drop Distance 3DS $25 (paid $20 2 years ago)
LoZ Twilight Princess Wii $20
MK Komplete Edition PS3 $12.50 (paid $10 2 years ago)
Kirby Super Star Ultra DS $12.50 (thanks for the gift ex-gf lol)

Got Splatoon and $30 down on Mario Maker.
So you paid full price for Splatoon? Then no, it's shabby.

This is exactly why they run these promos. There are people who say "oh wow look at all the credit I have" and loosely spend it.

They make out like bandits still.
It's all relative man. I buy maybe 1-2 modern games per year nowadays (i play retro games). Scaling back old beaten-up games I've been sitting on for decent trade-in values I didn't think I could get and the space savings in the shelving was totally worth it. I'm not one who likes to play yesterday's FPS' when they hit the bargain bin lol

And I appreciate every one of those people. Without them, we wouldn't get these promos!
I'm not going to lie, I bought a xbone with last month's credit. This whole month though I've slowly been flipping games, sometimes only making $20-$30 while spending about $40 of my own money at a time. Now I'm to the point where I want to trade my ps4 up to the white taken king one. To me though it makes no sense to trade for another pre owned console

I have credit leftover, and plan on buying the Forza edition to replace my base 500gb version.

Already have it sold to a friend for 280. [Giving system, controller and rare replay].

Figured forza controller is 70, 60 for forza and tax, 130 for something I already plan on buying and upgrade to 1 tb limited console? Sure.

I have credit leftover, and plan on buying the Forza edition to replace my base 500gb version.

Already have it sold to a friend for 280. [Giving system, controller and rare replay].

Figured forza controller is 70, 60 for forza and tax, 130 for something I already plan on buying and upgrade to 1 tb limited console? Sure.
Don't forget taxes sir.

Thanks thread, i rarely trade, but couldnt pass this up

fight night champion 360 - 13.75

Black ops  360 - 13.75

UFC undisputed 3 360 27.50

NSMBU wiiu - 33.00 

Splatoon wiiu -  44.00 (paid 47 GCU)

Super mario allstars LE wii - 44.00

made out with 176$

I was holding on to that LE allstars (had it since it came out, got it for 20$), but it only goes for 60$ on ebay if your lucky. 

LOL, all the games I thought I had and traded in already.

wondering if I should trade in my luigi u for 20 bucks, never really opened. is it really worth it if you have played the NSMB u?

lol im getting about $100 in credit and i was going to preorder 20th anniversary ps4 controller and get new xbox one controller but my ps4 controller's R2 button just broke ^_^ 

l

lol im getting about $100 in credit and i was going to preorder 20th anniversary ps4 controller and get new xbox one controller but my ps4 controller's R2 button just broke ^_^

l
Buy a Vita, they don't have R2 buttons for you to break and for that reason are far superior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back