GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
For what it's worth, the guy at GS told me something similar today when I used a GS gift card to buy an Amazon one. He said that "soon" they wouldn't take gift cards to pay for other POSA cards. Sucks if it they won't work on stuff like Xbox/PS credit and gold/+.

Went by another GS and got a used DQ Heroes... yay for the holiday return policy!
Interesting. Either way, I'll be cashing out before December just to be on the safe side.

For what it's worth, the guy at GS told me something similar today when I used a GS gift card to buy an Amazon one. He said that "soon" they wouldn't take gift cards to pay for other POSA cards. Sucks if it they won't work on stuff like Xbox/PS credit and gold/+.

Went by another GS and got a used DQ Heroes... yay for the holiday return policy!
What's the holiday return policy for used games?

i went to gamestop today and traded in my blue xbox one & ps4 controller toward a lunar white xbox one controller and ended up paying $6 for it 

then i traded in wind waker hd & rayman legends wii u toward the amiibo bundle wooly world and paid $15 

then i picked up a pink yarn yoshi for $18

so all together i paid like $40 for those things but also lost the other things in the process

did i do a good thing or was this dumb

i feel weird right now

i went to gamestop today and traded in my blue xbox one & ps4 controller toward a lunar white xbox one controller and ended up paying $6 for it

then i traded in wind waker hd & rayman legends wii u toward the amiibo bundle wooly world and paid $15

so all together i paid like $40 for those things but also lost the other things in the process

i feel weird right now
Overall, not bad.

Two things though, 1) if you look at your receipt, you only got the $35 towards the lunar white controller on one of your XB1 controllers. You should've went to two different GS and returned the extra lunar white one at a later date 2) GCU at BBY + amiibo = winning

i feel weird right now
Anytime you give Gamestop money should be considered a loss.

On that note, hopefully this isn't considered off-topic. I've got, according to the GS app, roughly $300 in items I'd be willing to trade in. I'm aiming for a PS4 or Xbox One. Leaning toward the PS4. Not sure which to go for, but that's not the question. I've been out of the console arena for a couple years, so I don't know how often GS has big trade promos or bumped up values like a couple of weekends ago. I have a few titles that were on the last list, and the items I have include a couple of old consoles and handhelds, but the bulk of it is DS games. So, the long winded question is should I go ahead and trade this stuff in while I know it's worth something, or should I be patient and wait for some kind of promo or bonus?
If you've still got the cases and inserts, shoot me a PM with your list, depending on the game I'd certainly be willing to pay you more than GS would. Even with promos DS games aren't really worth all that much anymore as some said, though I'm sure there's a rare one or two that fetches a few dollars! Best of luck either way!

Looks like the eBay gift card I bought with trade credit works on the Best Buy gift cards sold by PayPal Digital Gifts

Easy to way to convert GS money to BB
Woah that's awesome! And woah again that GS sells Ebay GCs??? I didn't know that! Man, that would sure make purchasing some retro games a heck of a lot easier!

[quote name="KnightOfTruth" post="12973404" timestamp="1445063499"]If you've still got the cases and inserts, shoot me a PM with your list, depending on the game I'd certainly be willing to pay you more than GS would. Even with promos DS games aren't really worth all that much anymore as some said, though I'm sure there's a rare one or two that fetches a few dollars! Best of luck either way!

Woah that's awesome! And woah again that GS sells Ebay GCs??? I didn't know that! Man, that would sure make purchasing some retro games a heck of a lot easier![/quote]
I did end up keeping many cases. I'll PM you after I check it out at my parents' place. Just kinda left it all there.

Woah that's awesome! And woah again that GS sells Ebay GCs??? I didn't know that! Man, that would sure make purchasing some retro games a heck of a lot easier!
I was surprised as well. My store recently stocked a lot of new gift cards I never seen in the past. Some new ones I saw that came to mind are Dominos Pizza and Wendys. YMMV though

I was surprised as well. My store recently stocked a lot of new gift cards I never seen in the past. Some new ones I saw that came to mind are Dominos Pizza and Wendys. YMMV though
Hm any good ways to get eBay GC to cash?

Trying to find best way to cash out my GameStop$

Hm any good ways to get eBay GC to cash?

Trying to find best way to cash out my GameStop$
Create your own eBay listing and have someone buy it with your GC? Or vice versa. Would be subject to eBay/PayPal fees though.

That or find a GC you can buy in store that nets the highest resell value to one of those companies that buys back GCs

Create your own eBay listing and have someone buy it with your GC? Or vice versa. Would be subject to eBay/PayPal fees though.

That or find a GC you can buy in store that nets the highest resell value to one of those companies that buys back GCs
yeah the eBay fees on top would be tough

Are there any extra costs to buying the eBay GC at gamestop? -- like how Visa GC have fees

Those 2 have been around at my normal store for almost a year now. But one common one they're missing that would rub some the wrong way is the lack of $50 Steam cards with the scratch codes. I've seen people get uber pissed my normal store has never had them, just $20 & $100.

Ebay and DQ are new here.     Bass Pro Shops is new I think.  Also Gap/Old Navy/Banana Republic.  And a few others as well.

Local store  also sells Cricket wireless service as of a month or two ago.

Ebay and DQ are new here. Bass Pro Shops is new I think. Also Gap/Old Navy/Banana Republic. And a few others as well.

Local store also sells Cricket wireless service as of a month or two ago.
If your gs sells cricket phones, you can pay your cricket bill right there with gs credit too.

Does anyone know if the $35 trade credit for PS4 and X1 controllers towards the Lunar White or Halo Edition controllers is limited to just one? I have a spare PS4 controller I could trade with my black X1 controller towards one and I'd just want to know if it'd come out to free or if it'd still be $59 credit given ($35 for the bonus and $24 for the X1 controller).

Does anyone know if the $35 trade credit for PS4 and X1 controllers towards the Lunar White or Halo Edition controllers is limited to just one? I have a spare PS4 controller I could trade with my black X1 controller towards one and I'd just want to know if it'd come out to free or if it'd still be $59 credit given ($35 for the bonus and $24 for the X1 controller).
When I traded mine and my gf's, it worked for 2 new controllers, employee said it woudnt work for 1, unless you had a override

When I traded mine and my gf's, it worked for 2 new controllers, employee said it woudnt work for 1, unless you had a override
Okay. That's a bit disappointing, but a $11 controller is better than $70. Hopefully they'll even boost the X1's $24 instead of the PS4's $30 making it even cheaper. Thanks for the reply

It only works for one in each transaction but if you explain you want to trade 2 you could probably get the employee to manually bump the second controller. YMMV of course.

870x305_100credit.jpg

So went to trade in some games with halo 5 promo and was told I'd have to come back on the 27th since the promo wont work until they scan a physical game instead of a pre order. Anybody get this to work? I don't understand why a promo would start today if it's not going to work until the 27th?

So went to trade in some games with halo 5 promo and was told I'd have to come back on the 27th since the promo wont work until they scan a physical game instead of a pre order. Anybody get this to work? I don't understand why a promo would start today if it's not going to work until the 27th?
There is at least one version of the game that is available in stores tonight/tomorrow (the LCE). But the VAST majority of people wouldn't be buying that, so yeah it sounds like a Charlie Foxtrot...

Small credit move from Best Buy to GameStop:

Dragon Age Inquisition :360: or :ps3: $8 after GCU --> $8 / $8.80 at GameStop

Courtesy of SD.

I laughed when I was in a GS for the first time in months the other day and they had one of these signs up and the guy was like $140 and I thought about some of our glory days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back