GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad I sat on that 6$ copy of black ops 2 for wii u from Best Buy , 19.20$ not too bad . I just saw it's 11$ base for an X1 charging dock , 17.60 with the bonus is surprisingly good . I have a Nyko one and despite my 360 dock being great the X1 version is a pain to get it to stay charging. I have like a 100 AA batteries anyway , might as well use them for something.

Traded in some scraps I found cleaning my room and got around $160. Still have to go back and trade a few things and possibly a 360 power brick I have but I can't find the cable that attaches to it. I picked up the HyperX Cloudcore headset for my Xbox which is pretty nice. Used the $15 off coupon so it was $55.

Don't forget to donate to St. Jude's! Dude was like "whoa, you actually wanna donate?" LOL. I tried doing a custom amount ($25), but looks like $16 ($10 + $5 + $1) is the max that they can take :D

Don't forget to donate to St. Jude's! Dude was like "whoa, you actually wanna donate?" LOL. I tried doing a custom amount ($25), but looks like $16 ($10 + $5 + $1) is the max that they can take :D
I skip that prompt for most people. They get confused and don't know what to do.

Plus they feel guilty and apologize if they say no.

One guy got mad at me for asking. Like dude, I'm not running the damn charity. 

Another guy got mad a me for skipping the prompt, like "Of course I want to donate, who do you think I am?"

You can never win with customers

I know this is a super noob question but does gamestop have a monthly/yearly limit on the amount of a game you can trade in per platform? 

Yes. They might hit you with a refurb fee, but I traded my original DS4 that was like that and got the full value. It's just depends on who takes it at the counter, but they'll take it.
I have a white one in pretty good condition but my o.g. black has the r2 trigger hanging off due to the shoddy initial construction. Will they take that? Id be willing to take anything for it at this point.

PSA: Don't forget to get the trade back card for trading on Tuesday if need it be. This is what the card looks like if the employees at your store are clueless:

Front:
7L9rG7Z.jpg

Back: (Blacked out part is a barcode with EBC code underneath the barcode).
LT5WdTL.jpg
Not sure i understand. Do i need an email like this to show them so i can get $45 for my dualshock4? Or do i just bring the controller and it will ring up automatically?

Or are they supposed to give you this in store when you do your trade in?

Good looking out I'm going to trade in my Xbox controller and get the Gamestop white one on Friday

I made some good flips today. One of my Best Buys actually had a ton of first party 3DS games for the first time in recent memory. Picked up -

Super Smash Bros - 18

Pokemon Ruby - 18

Pokemon Sapphire - 18

Mario Party Island Tour - 12

New SMB2 - 12

NES Remix - 12

DKC Returns 3d - 12

Pokemon X - 12

Pokemon Y - 12

Pokemon Art Academy - 12

Mario Kart 7 - 12

Super Mario 3D Land - 12

Zelda: OOT - 32 (Not preowned - bought this one new since I was heading to Gamestop anyways)

Total - $194

All prices are after GCU and B2G1

Traded in for -

Zelda: OOT - 40

Pokemon Ruby - 32

Pokemon Sapphire - 32

Super Smash Bros 3DS - 32

New SMB2 - 24

Mario Party Island - 24

Pokemon X - 19.20

Pokemon Y - 19.20

Pokemon Art Academy - 16

Super Mario 3D Land - 16

DKC Returns 3D - 16

Mario Kart 7 - 16

NES Remix - 16

Total - 302.40 (After 50% trade in and PUR)

Yes, some flips were better than others, but together, they add up. I used my profit to finally get a PS3 (the 160 GB Slim that's on sale for $100) and was able to cash out the rest on Gas Cards.
You left out tax on your purchases from BB.

My account for banned Lmao. Cashier called for me to see why she couldnt access my account and the person on the phone told her that I just use it. She asked why and they said I just violated terms. They wouldn't tell her exactly what I did so I'm calling them now. I know what it is tho, I used a lot of coupons earlier this month. Totally worth it

My account for banned Lmao. Cashier called for me to see why she couldnt access my account and the person on the phone told her that I just use it. She asked why and they said I just violated terms. They wouldn't tell her exactly what I did so I'm calling them now. I know what it is tho, I used a lot of coupons earlier this month. Totally worth it
What did you do...trade it the same title more than 3 times or something?

What did you do...trade it the same title more than 3 times or something?
used a bunch of coupons I got from someone else.

gamestop has some ignorant reps, im on the phone now and the lady told me "dont worry about it" when I asked why my account was under investigation. her exact words lol. I told her to put her supervisor on the phone.

used a bunch of coupons I got from someone else.

gamestop has some ignorant reps, im on the phone now and the lady told me "dont worry about it" when I asked why my account was under investigation. her exact words lol. I told her to put her supervisor on the phone.
I'll never understand this. Spend the 15 bucks and make a new account.

Last time I tried that, they collected my Driver's License info and somehow linked my old out of state driver's license and old phone #.
If that's the case have a friend/family member/gigolo/significant other sign up for a card and use that. I give them my gf's phone number all the time when I'm trading excess copies of a game/power adapter.

If that's the case have a friend/family member/gigolo/significant other sign up for a card and use that. I give them my gf's phone number all the time when I'm trading excess copies of a game/power adapter.
if you shop there alot then thats on you but its definitely not worth that trouble for us who dont go there often.

The problem is that even with a new account, the system will track any DL# anytime a store requires an ID. From there, they will link banned accounts together.

if you shop there alot then thats on you but its definitely not worth that trouble for us who dont go there often.
But it is worth the time to fight GS both in store and over the phone? Also, are you the same person who was buying PUR coupons on ebay? If so that solves the mystery.

But it is worth the time to fight GS both in store and over the phone? Also, are you the same person who was buying PUR coupons on ebay? If so that solves the mystery.
ive never bought anything from ebay so no. and I wasnt planning to fight with them, I just wanted to hear an answer. The cashier was the one that was curious to why she couldnt use my account. I got off with them and they said I can go back and get a refund from my membership lol

edit: ironically I live in Texas

Anybody know of a way to convert GS credit to something I could pay my Verizon bill with? Even with a bunch of steps in between, like GS -> Ebay -> Paypal -> VZW GC...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back