GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
These values are what most of these games should be trading in for to begin with.  Hopefully values will be more like this moving forward since we are out of the holiday season and all the sales now.

These values are what most of these games should be trading in for to begin with. Hopefully values will be more like this moving forward since we are out of the holiday season and all the sales now.
I doubt this is permanent, I don't think GS likes having $0.49 - $5.00 margins on their inventory.

10% bonus works on Far Cry Primal, fwiw.  I traded in the microsoft store games I bought yesterday (arrived today!  crazy), Metro Redux is getting $15 in credit after bonuses which is awesome for a $4.99 game.  Rabbids and Two Brothers is sadly not nearly as good, only $8.70 after bonuses

Thanks for the list blackbeard. The promo bumps or 50% bonus usually seems to happen once every month or so. Since GS dropped all the regular trade in bonus stuff.

I had to take down the links for now i noticed some wrong data in some of the percentages column and boomerang. I changed the code yesterday and F-ed it up somewhere, I'll try to have it back up today.

Edit: I think I fixed it. New data will be up in around 45 mins. Links back up.

I had to take down the links for now i noticed some wrong data in some of the percentages column and boomerang. I changed the code yesterday and F-ed it up somewhere, I'll try to have it back up today.

Edit: I think I fixed it. New data will be up in around 45 mins.
Thanks for your great work on this, save us a ton of time!

I still cannot believe how well GTA5 has held value.  I mean the game has had some legs.  Hasnt had any big time sales, still sells very well, and still has a high trade in value.

GTA V has sold almost a staggering 60 million copies altogether. So that's a big reason. People keep buying it.

Doing a remastered version for current gen proved to be a smart move to say the least.

Anyone know if you can return clearance video games to gamestop? I bought Codename Steam for $16 to get that 20% trade promo on there and I might not ever play it.

You get a 20% extra bump this weekend on your trades (10% without PUR) if you buy or preorder a new game. I don't know what "new" means though - last week, last month, $59.99 MSRP, ?

You can see it on their trade home page
http://www.gamestop.com/trade#!/games
I was wondering the same thing earlier this WK if new meant recently released this WK/month.. but turns out just new as in not preowned no matter how old. No one has confirmed yet if u can use it on a PC game that's on sale for under $5 new tho.

It will probably work on PC but the problem is they aren’t very accessible.  This might be like how the ATK promo was used.  Everybody would buy that game because it was a sealed “New” game (Nintendo DS) for $1 while every store had tons of these in stock since platform didn't matter.  So the easiest thing to do would be to put a $5 deposit towards a reservation.  Some stores may force you to put down the full trade amount.

I put a $5 pre-order on Division and was able to get the bonus 10% extra, you don't have to buy a new game. I think pre-ordering is the better route as if you don't pick up the game you could always get that money back later down the line after the game has been released.

I put a $5 pre-order on Division and was able to get the bonus 10% extra, you don't have to buy a new game. I think pre-ordering is the better route as if you don't pick up the game you could always get that money back later down the line after the game has been released.
I like canceling so I can ding the employee's records.

Nice, will do that this weekend.

I was wondering the same thing earlier this WK if new meant recently released this WK/month.. but turns out just new as in not preowned no matter how old. No one has confirmed yet if u can use it on a PC game that's on sale for under $5 new tho.
I didn't do it on a pc game, but I did but the 3DS giants portal owner pack for 2.90 something and it triggered the bonus.

God of war 3 remastered tanked in TIV. Glad I didn't do my trade ins last night, Metro Redux went up a few dollars. Went digital, time to get rid of the physical. Thanks to those that mentioned the bonus going on.

God of war 3 remastered tanked in TIV. Glad I didn't do my trade ins last night, Metro Redux went up a few dollars. Went digital, time to get rid of the physical. Thanks to those that mentioned the bonus going on.
I was lucky and traded GOW3 in yesterday.

Couldn't come up with 3 games for under $20 (then again 2 games). Especially when I feel like death the last few weeks from eating "healthy food" (keep those prayers up I just might give out, type amen if you agree). Organs are shutting down.

I needed a game to pre order for the extra 10% today and my manager at my local store was processing the trade. I told him to just pick one to put the 5$ on. He chose Song of the Deep , I found that pretty hilarious.

Damn, I got almost $120 more credit today and I picked up FFX&X2 to boot. Total was nearly $400 on backlog alone.

Great opportunity to drop these newish games to buy back at a lower price when I may actually play them.

People buy a cheap new game to get that extra bonus.

Damn, I got almost $120 more credit today and I picked up FFX&X2 to boot. Total was nearly $400 on backlog alone.

Great opportunity to drop these newish games to buy back at a lower price when I may actually play them.

People buy a cheap new game to get that extra bonus.
I put it towrads FFX&X2 as well. Too bad it was opened and I'm going to return it because the cd has some marks.

Shit, a copy of FFX/X2 that wsn't there this morning just showed up online at a local store...hold request submitted- fulfill that beast!!

-edit- got it, sweet baby Jesus, alright!

It's an additional 10%, so 20% bonus total for Pro members.
this is probably a stupid question but I just want to confirm. On their site it says 20% Pro OR 10% for all others when trading in a game towards a new title. I'm Pro but do I get the 20% when I trade in automatically or does it have to be on a new title? I don't want a new title but I do have some stuff I'm willing to trade in for the additional 20% bump.

this is probably a stupid question but I just want to confirm. On their site it says 20% Pro OR 10% for all others when trading in a game towards a new title. I'm Pro but do I get the 20% when I trade in automatically or does it have to be on a new title? I don't want a new title but I do have some stuff I'm willing to trade in for the additional 20% bump.
The 20% (really 10% after PUR) comes up when it's towards a new item or pre-order.

It's pretty easy people. Trade in your games and you get an extra 10% on the base value when you preorder or buy a new game. Any new game qualifies. I don't know about PC games but a $2 new DS game will trigger the extra 10%. Pro members get 20% on the base value.

It's based on the total of your trade ins. So trade in a lot and buy a new game to come up big.

The Crew for xbox one is on sale for 14.97 on amazon. Trades in for 22 at gs.

Metal gear v for ps3 is 14.88 and trades in for 22.

Also state of decay is on sale at redbox for 8.99 trades in for 22.

There was also a handful of Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 for Ps4 on the AWD for 18.xx and trade in for 27.50 at gs

Also these games are on sale at Redbox for 18.99 each and trade in for $27.50

Halo Master Chief Collection

Uncharted Collection

Bloodborne

Elder Scrolls Onle PS4 only

You can also still find Resident Evil Revelations 2 for Xbox for 5.99 and trades in for $13.75

#Bless

The Crew for xbox one is on sale for 14.97 on amazon. Trades in for 22 at gs.

Metal gear v for ps3 is 14.88 and trades in for 22.

Also state of decay is on sale at redbox for 8.99 trades in for 22.

There was also a handful of Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5 for Ps4 on the AWD for 18.xx and trade in for 27.50 at gs

#Bless
Is this promo only for the weekend? It'll take some time to get here (even w/ Prime).

Edit:
Not promo but 'bumped' values.

Is this promo only for the weekend? It'll take some time to get here (even w/ Prime).

Edit:
Not promo but 'bumped' values.
Yeah it is a promo only weekend. Not sure but sometimes the values hold till Monday. I have a Warehouse near me so i was able to get my order next day with prime. Just wanting others who may want to move some credit around know.

Out of town until Sunday. Hoping these values stay steady for the next 48 hours, I've been trying to trade my Black Friday impulse buys in for a month. I could get all my money back if these 27.5's stay put til Sunday.

I have an original 3DS model in pretty good condition, but I've been thinking of buying a New 3DS XL and someone told me that Gamestop has a trade in offer so that I could get $75 off a trade in towards a the New 3DS XL. So I'm considering going in the morning and making the trade.

Is there anything I should know beforehand? Will the 3DS that I get be brand new? Do I need to trade in my SD card and AC Adapter? Will I lose any digital games?

I've never traded in anything to Gamestop before so I'm not familiar with the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back