GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I traded in the Xbox one on Tuesday. The lady didn't even test it and charged me a refurb fee. I asked her why and she said because the top of the system the glossy part was scratched up. I really was just like f this and took it to another store with zero issues. Sometimes it's not worth the energy.

Oh, my mistake. I thought you were going to jail for assaulting a Gamestop game advisor who sold you a game that you requested at a price that you found acceptable at the time lol
Remember that one CAG who said he was going back to GS to whoop an employee's ass? Dude never posted again after that, he's probably still in jail lol.

I traded in the Xbox one on Tuesday. The lady didn't even test it and charged me a refurb fee. I asked her why and she said because the top of the system the glossy part was scratched up. I really was just like f this and took it to another store with zero issues. Sometimes it's not worth the energy.
#justgamestopthings

Wow, The top part scratches up so easily.

I'll sometimes go to a different gamestop because there's this one employee who might as well pull out a microscope for the scratches on the disc.

Got denied for gs gc to ebay gc. I was one gift card before finishing the transaction then this dick’s employee stop him.

Got denied for gs gc to ebay gc. I was one gift card before finishing the transaction then this dick’s employee stop him.
man that's scary I haven't gotten denied once here at several of my local GS stores, the worst was they limited me to buying $100 worth of 3rd party GCs with GS GC.

Two different stores told me the 20% bonus for trading toward the VR has been extended. One said it was until release, and the other told me he didn't know when it ended, just that they extended it.

Two different stores told me the 20% bonus for trading toward the VR has been extended. One said it was until release, and the other told me he didn't know when it ended, just that they extended it.
but i really dont want to pay extra $100 for the camera and move sh*t... already got them and never used them since ps3. ps camera just sits on my tv even unplugged bc such poor support

The guy at the store near me also said if you preorder the bundle now, you can switch it to the core preorder next week.  I dunno if he was BSing me or not but seems reasonable.

I still didn't preorder at gamestop though, prefer preordering these kinda things at best buy or amazon online since I can cancel anytime without hassle and I'm gonna see how much use I get out of my oculus rift before making up my mind.

So I participated in the $100 trade in deal for a new Gears of War XB1 and chose Rise of the tomb raider as my free game. As per managers suggestion, I plan on returning said Xbox one to put towards the quantum break bundle because the promo wouldn't work on a preorder. I wonder what happens with the code for the game I got for free when I do the exchange.

So I participated in the $100 trade in deal for a new Gears of War XB1 and chose Rise of the tomb raider as my free game. As per managers suggestion, I plan on returning said Xbox one to put towards the quantum break bundle because the promo wouldn't work on a preorder. I wonder what happens with the code for the game I got for free when I do the exchange.
Nothing. Either tear it off (don't damage the barcode) before you exchange or just make sure you get the original receipt back when you exchange.

Is the Quantum Break bundle a 500GB or 1TB system? If it's 1 TB, there is a $50 difference.

Wouldn't you have to pay an extra $50 at that time, since the current $299 promo will be over?

Nothing. Either tear it off (don't damage the barcode) before you exchange or just make sure you get the original receipt back when you exchange.

Is the Quantum Break bundle a 500GB or 1TB system? If it's 1 TB, there is a $50 difference.
500 GB. It's just the same white one that was around for Sunset and TMCC.

The $100 deal for trading in any slim last gen console for purchase of an Xbox One? And you got the free game?? Was the game a code on the receipt???

Did anyone ever come in to rent movies during a hurricane or flood?
i went to blockbluster during a hurricane... wasn't by choice though. Was riding a tsunami on my surfboard and ended up crashing through the window. The guy working at the time said "gnarly dude" and gave me some free popcorn. Rode home on my unicorn that was parked next door at the radioshack that was having a clearance sale , everything 10 cents off!

The End.

i went to blockbluster during a hurricane... wasn't by choice though. Was riding a tsunami on my surfboard and ended up crashing through the window. The guy working at the time said "gnarly dude" and gave me some free popcorn. Rode home on my unicorn that was parked next door at the radioshack that was having a clearance sale , everything 10 cents off!

The End.
So I guess you busted their block, huh?

The End.
halfway believable until the part about something 10 cents off at radio shack, unless you meant 10 cents off 25% above msrp.

The End.
daaaaaaaaaam daniel!

The End.
uYiA04V.gif

The End.
I thought what you said was that everything at the Radio Shack was 10 cents. That's what would have tipped me off that your story was bullshit, not the unicorn.

The $100 deal for trading in any slim last gen console for purchase of an Xbox One? And you got the free game?? Was the game a code on the receipt???
Free codes are always valid after a return at GS. I think loss prevention issues are one of the reasons they've stopped doing digital bundles for the most part, unless they're paid for by Sony or Microsoft and universal across all retailers. They were taken to the cleaners when offerings a free year of PS+ with a new PS4. A ton of Slickdeals jerkwads returned/rebought systems multiple times to get 6, 7, 8 years of PS+.

on a side note, is this still active or did the stores lie to him?

Free codes are always valid after a return at GS. I think loss prevention issues are one of the reasons they've stopped doing digital bundles for the most part, unless they're paid for by Sony or Microsoft and universal across all retailers. They were taken to the cleaners when offerings a free year of PS+ with a new PS4. A ton of Slickdeals jerkwads returned/rebought systems multiple times to get 6, 7, 8 years of PS+.
also if you check your digital order on you pur account. Youll see all your digital purchased there even after you return the xbox. just my 2 cents

Best flip for GS > BBY if you have a B2G1 seems to be GTA for xb1 and ps4

They're both $34.19 after PUR and trade for $33 after GCU.

Nets around $26 BBY credit after tax

BBY is closed today though. 

Best flip for GS > BBY if you have a B2G1 seems to be GTA for xb1 and ps4

They're both $34.19 after PUR and trade for $33 after GCU.

Nets around $26 BBY credit after tax

BBY is closed today though.
GTA V is also on sale at BB for $39 and the last time they had it on sale they drop the TIV to $28. They will probably drop it first thing in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back