GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I went by tonight to use my trade 2 get the extra $10 offer and there was this lady in front of me buying a BO3 PS4 system for her kids. The guy asked whether she had a PUR card (she didn't) and while he repeatedly told her she didn't have to pay to get the points, she very stubbornly said no every time. I jumped in and was like "if she refuses then you can put it on my card" and the cashier was like "that's cool with me!". She was all for it and that was before she realized she got a discount on the used games she was buying with it. So I'll get a nice $400 worth of points for being at the right place at the right time. #winning
Actually, sometimes I get why they refuse the cards. I used to not use my PUR on purpose when I try multiple $5 off coupons, so it doesn't flag my account or anything. Nice getting the guy and lady to do it though. I wonder if the lady was buying for a child or just flat out games.

Are you talking about Active Offer coupons or CAG16 + SAVER? If the former, those coupons have never worked online; if the latter, they can both be used at seemingly random times.
O wow had no idea. I thought we could use the Active Offers online coz I've used the headset Active Offer before online...but I guess only a few work online and most just work in store only? I thought all could be used online and in store.

Now through 4/30, buy 2 pre-owned games or accessories at $14.99+ & save $5.
Cgf6e4wXEAUGRXN.jpg
Not to mention $2.50/ea off TWO $15 game is only $.10 better than $2.40 off one game using CAG16.

Anything over $16 you'll get a better deal with CAG16 anyway. Anyone looking at this as a deal isn't a CAG.

Not to mention $2.50/ea off TWO $15 game is only $.10 better than $2.40 off one game using CAG16.
Anything over $16 you'll get a better deal with CAG16 anyway. Anyone looking at this as a deal isn't a CAG.
You can stack it with the 20% off coupon if that helps

To my GS employees, do the surveys still count if I do them 7 days after? I always forget to do them. It's for the store manager at 2 stores, they've always been nice to me so I like to do them. They highlight it too but it just always slips my mind.

What's the TIV on the lunar white Xbox Zone controller? Does GS treat it the same as the standard wireless controller with the headset jack?

What's the elite value? I don't want to use the GS app or website. I also am lazy and want you to do the work for me. Could you also see how much Crash Bandicoot, Axelay, and Sonic 2 go for? Thanks!
I know it's sarcasm but I honestly can't find the value for the elite controller...

What's the TIV on the lunar white Xbox Zone controller? Does GS treat it the same as the standard wireless controller with the headset jack?
Keep your eye on Amazon, it's been hovering anywhere from mid $30's to as much as $50 the past few weeks. I have a $50 locked in but am hesitant to let go of it, even though I don't use it since I have an Elite.

So this came up a while back regarding Best Buy in store preorders. I have been told over and over you are not allowed to cancel in store preorders made at one store at a different store. Turns out you can.

I preordered Star Fox at a far away location during the Mario maker event. I picked up star fox at my local store and they were able to look up my preorder and cancel it. Go figure.

I have an extra Xbox One that I am thinking of trading in (don't want to sell on Craigslist). Is trading it to GS for $200 towards a Ps4 or new XB1 the best deal I will find? I already have a Ps4 if that helps.

[quote name="Nick51705" post="13301092" timestamp="1461358128"]

So this came up a while back regarding Best Buy in store preorders. I have been told over and over you are not allowed to cancel in store preorders made at one store at a different store. Turns out you can.

I preordered Star Fox at a far away location during the Mario maker event. I picked up star fox at my local store and they were able to look up my preorder and cancel it. Go figure.[/quote

How did they credit u the five dollars u used to preorder star fox at the other store? How u paid or just hand u five bucks cash by default? I've just never heard of this done before at Best Buy until today and was told no the couple times I tried it there

I have an extra Xbox One that I am thinking of trading in (don't want to sell on Craigslist). Is trading it to GS for $200 towards a Ps4 or new XB1 the best deal I will find? I already have a Ps4 if that helps.
they are being sold for $300 new, and $239 used at gamestop. if you want to get rid of it you should jump on that deal.

How did they credit u the five dollars u used to preorder star fox at the other store? How u paid or just hand u five bucks cash by default? I've just never heard of this done before at Best Buy until today and was told no the couple times I tried it there
He said $5 was going back to my card I used to pay the $5. I've been told no multiple times for different games in the past but I figured asking again wouldn't hurt. I was surprised.

Has anyone already bitched about the misleading banner on Gamestop concerning the $100 credit towards a new Xbone with the trade in of any slim 360 or PS3? 

Can I trade a slim 360 and an Xbox One in the same transaction towards an Xbox One? (and get the promo for both)
If it's anything like the previous promos ($240 for Xbox One & $100 for ANY Xbox 360) then yes. However, I bought the choose your game bundle where the chosen game prints on the receipt and it cancelled out that promo as it wasn't the best value.

Thanks.

By the way, some Gamestops have used Elite Consoles for $350.  Has the console with 1TB SSD Hybrid drive and an Elite Controller.

Im pretty sure if you want to trade it in you're gonna have to put the original hard drive back inside.
They wouldnt take mine with the larger drive, my mistake for telling them the truth when they asked, since then Ive learned to just smile and nod,say as little as possible and act like I know nothing about what Im trading in and let them feel superior in their position ;-)

Trying to move more credit over from BB to GS. Anyone know of any good credit movers/flips? I still have that $10 extra coupon to use.

Right now I know there are some Disney Infinity figures I'm going to pick up and trade in. They are Mulan, Ultron, and Hulkbuster. They each trade in for a little bit over $3 in profit.

Thanks for the info, gang. I'll throw the 250Gb drive back in and put the 1TB (out of my PS4) in an enclosure. Happened to have an extra when I installed the 3TB in the PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back