GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Manager at 2nd store worked it for me yesterday.  They matched the website values and got the 20% bonus towards Uncharted.  System was doing weird things when Uncharted was added.  It would drop the trade in values of everything.  But they gave me a gift card to make up for the difference. 

The Star Wars 10% Bonus stacks on top of the $25 games list. The 10% bonus counts as a coupon. Example Yo Kai watch $20 + $5 ($25 guaranteed) + $2 (Star Wars) + $2 PUR = $29 credit.

Got some ebay GC and was going to do some target GC flipping but farkers all over ebay are paying more than the GC face value.   Who the fark are these dumbasses !!!!!

Looks like the extra 20% is valid till the 15th, I was going to trade in a few things tomorrow or the weekend but maybe I'll wait till next week. Could have swore Lego Star Wars complete PS3 was showing for $20 TIV.

Was thinking about taking these to Hastings or BB but none of the trade values there on my stuff is worth it

Is eBay currently the best way to convert GS to BB? Or are there some credit movers right now? Looking to PM and flip Forza Horizon 2 but I would like to use credit and not pay out of pocket.

Are you able to use the choose your own value up to $500 ebay gift cards with store credit? Looked to be all my store had and wanting to move some credit to best buy. I know the $50 kindle cards work though and way get some if those too.

Is eBay currently the best way to convert GS to BB? Or are there some credit movers right now? Looking to PM and flip Forza Horizon 2 but I would like to use credit and not pay out of pocket.
You could, but Paypal Digital Gifts has been having major problems on Ebay. They have locked up literally everybodies account. YMMV.

Where are you planning to PM FH2 from? Ebay credit is usually a quicker route to covert GS to BB unless you have a B2G1 coupon.

Also i noticed the Deadpool for PS3 is on the guaranteed $25? That isn't a typo is it? Only reason is that game is mostly new everywhere for $20 and ii may grab a few from my local BB.

Where are you planning to PM FH2 from? Ebay credit is usually a quicker route to covert GS to BB unless you have a B2G1 coupon.

Also i noticed the Deadpool for PS3 is on the guaranteed $25? That isn't a typo is it? Only reason is that game is mostly new everywhere for $20 and ii may grab a few from my local BB.
Not sure where OP is referring to, but it's $12.99 at Fry's and out of stock. It'll be hard to PM at BB.

Not sure where OP is referring to, but it's $12.99 at Fry's and out of stock. It'll be hard to PM at BB.
Yeah it was Fry's. You gotta find the right kind of cashier to PM it. Luckily I know a store that is pretty lax. Just paid 42.14 and got 91.20 in credit.

I got an eBay gift card and used it to buy a $50 through PayPal digital gifts. I got it in 15 minutes.

Have you seen elsewhere that this is a problem? I always seem to have problems with them.
I had huge problems with them for about 6 months. Recently... Maybe like a month ago my purchases have all gone through. Coincidentally I contacted them on ebay and told them I was interested in buying their item but that I couldn't. They never replied but my purchases have gone through since. Again, it could be a coincidence

Tried to buy Majin PS3 for $5 at Gamestop. (Honestly one of the harder games to find in my area) Was marked for $10. Good thing the associate was cool selling it for $5 to me after showing him the price on GS's website.

I'm trying to purchase gift cards from Paypal digital and running into the error issue as well. I can use the eBay cards to purchase anything else with np. However anytime I try to purchase a digital gift card from Paypal digital it does that verify account nonsense but never gets thru. No idea what the problem is.

I saw on SD that apparently Paypal Digital GC have limited to (4) gift cards per rolling 10 days. Not sure if that might be causing some of the problem.

I know i have issues every once and a while as well. The only thing that is annoying is sometimes paypal will lock my account and i have to reset it because it says i am logging a private ip address which they consider as a concern, but my IP isn't even on a private network when i use paypal.

So has it been confirmed if we can get the 20% credit boost by putting our trades toward (for example) Star Fox Zero and then returning the game and keeping the bonus credit?

Too much bitching
You're only perpetuating it by bitching about other people bitching.

But back to the topic, really glad I stopped by GS before the TIVs tanked. Paid off almost all of the Uncharted 4 SE with only 3 games.

You're only perpetuating it by bitching about other people bitching.
But back to the topic, really glad I stopped by GS before the TIVs tanked. Paid off almost all of the Uncharted 4 SE in full with only 3 games.
Aren't you perpetuating it a bit more by quoting me and continuing this lol

The people have spoken: Let the bitching and complaining continue

Aren't you perpetuating it a bit more by quoting me and continuing this lol

The people have spoken: Let the bitching and complaining continue
o_O roflmao ... wondering when did I initially during this round of stealth bump/tiv tank to be "still" complaining, plz find it hmm I must be schizophrenic since this reality is not real o_O

Regarding the bumps for preordering.

I don't pick it up, just keep changing it to a different preorder til someone pisses me off then mass cancel on them

I had my PUR banned in November for trading in more than 4 copies so I started another acct. I'm sure the ban has cleared by now but should I even try to use it? I want to have two accts but I think I used my DL for both and don't want to get the DL# flagged.

I had my PUR banned in November for trading in more than 4 copies so I started another acct. I'm sure the ban has cleared by now but should I even try to use it? I want to have two accts but I think I used my DL for both and don't want to get the DL# flagged.
photo-thumb-159845.jpg

Just noticed this in my account:

10% off all PO games and accessories when you use Pick-up in store

Valid 5/5/16 through 5/14/16. Limit 1 coupon per customer.  Valid only when customer uses Pick-Up In Store. Coupon must be surrendered upon redemption. Subject to availability by location.  Prices subject to change.  While supplies last. Cannot be combined with any other offer.  See store associate for details.  No dealers.  Offer valid in the United States and Guam only.  Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason wi

Valid 5/5/16 through 5/14/16. Limit 1 coupon per customer. Valid only when customer uses Pick-Up In Store. Coupon must be surrendered upon redemption. Subject to availability by location. Prices subject to change. While supplies last. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason wi
I didn't get this one, but I still have my 20% coupon that expires in July. I'm planning on using it with $30 off coupons to get a cheap Uncharted 4 next week

Valid 5/5/16 through 5/14/16. Limit 1 coupon per customer. Valid only when customer uses Pick-Up In Store. Coupon must be surrendered upon redemption. Subject to availability by location. Prices subject to change. While supplies last. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason wi
It's not loaded in the app for my account, I wonder if it's a random rollout.

I'm tempted to you this with some reward certificates to pick up a WiiU Pro controller for cheap.

How often does the boosted point value happen like the one near Black Friday? I have 30K points and I'm looking for a good reason to use them.

Also is it possible to combine points from multiple accounts? Highly doubt it but I thought it is worth asking.

I also got the coupon.

Not sure if it works for everyone but I got the 10% off pre-owned coupon not on my account but on the bottom of the weekly emails they send out for the weekly ads.

You guys weren't kidding about the values tanking today... Had a stack of games and systems I was gonna trade and literally all of them went down by like 20-25% :(

is it required to take off the red box sticker on the game if im trading it in to GS?
Variable. Some workers are ok with trading games from redbox. Others get freaked out at the site of the redbox cases. It can be difficult to remove the stickers, but several CAGs have reported success with a hair dryer (not me). I would definitely not bring in the redbox cases. Either put the discs in generic cases or bring the discs alone without redbox cases. My account was flagged 2 weeks ago for trying to trade in 10 redbox games.

Variable. Some workers are ok with trading. Others get freaked out at the site of the redbox cases. It can be difficult to remove the stickers, but several CAGs have reported success with a hair dryer (not me). I would definitely not bring in the redbox cases. Either put the discs in generic cases or bring the discs alone without redbox cases. My account was flagged 2 weeks ago for trying to trade in 10 redbox games.
I actually ran into a female employee whom prefers me to leave the stickers on. Coincidentally that same employee was there when I had to return a ps4 game that wouldn't read and it a obvious someone scratched a redbox sticker off, she told me see, that's why we don't mind them to stay on.

The store by my house refused to "buy" games that came from Redbox. The guy said that people were coming in with piles of games that they just bought in order to trade in.
I just want to clarify. So, your local doesn't want people to trade in games that they bought...

#powertotheplayers

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back