GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
YMMV on trading more than one of the same Amiibo in one transaction, at some stores they have let me trade in multiple of the same at once but at others they have said only one of each Amiibo per transaction.
Hit them with this:

You: what are Amiibos (or Skylanders, DI, etc.) classified as?

Them: Accessories

You: like controllers?

Them: Yes

You: so I couldn't trade in more than one controller?

Them: Sure you can

That's when they realize and back down. Worked twice in the past two weeks.

...but all transactions are up to their discretion so YMMV like you said.

been waiting since this morning for gamestop to send me a $10 psn card. I ordered with trade credit and they just told me they need clearance from my bank? never order from gamestop.com

Presently trying to find every reason to keep my copy of Uncharted 4. Current TIV is $30 with PUR and throwing in that Doom promo makes it more than I originally paid for. Then again Doom has mixed reviews and I feel like I'll be doing the same thing in less than a week. Ughhhhh

Did you already plow through the single player? Do you like the multiplayer?

It's a fantastic game. I guess you could always trade and rebuy when it drops in price down the line. If you collect, that is.

Ebay rollers, just saw on SD that there's a targeted 10% ebay bucks deal happening right now.  I didn't get it but here are the details.

Valid through 11:59 PM PST 5/18/16

Who's eligible?
Only invited, registered eBay Bucks participants who receive the promotional offer from eBay in My Messages are eligible. Sorry, no forwarding—the offer is not transferable.

10% in eBay Bucks on every qualifying item of $100 or more
Promotion details
The Promotion starts at 5:00AM PT on May 17, 2016, and ends at 11:59PM PT on May 18, 2016. Extra eBay Bucks can only be earned on every single item purchased that meets the minimum purchase requirement specified in the offer. Valid on multiple qualifying purchases made within the promotion time period. In order to qualify for the offer, you must click the email to activate. *Qualifying purchase excludes all items in the following categories: Classifieds, Business & Industrial, Real Estate, eBay Gift Cards (within the Gift Cards & Coupons category), Bullion (within the Coins & Paper category), and eBay Motors (including Parts & Accessories). Rewards are capped at $100 per transaction and $500 per Earn Period. Purchases must be completed during the Promotion period and paid for with PayPal before the Promotion ends. eBay reserves the right to cancel, amend, or revoke the Promotion at any time. Other restrictions apply. See Terms & Conditions for details.

Okay.. I'm not sure if this is the right thread but since it is the largest GS thread, I'm posting here.
So I ordered a game from gamestop.com and it arrived today.
On the case, there was a black tape covering the sticker where it usually says "pre-owned" and prices are on.
I was curious about it so peeled it off
It says "defective return to WH(warehouse)"
what the hell.
Discs look okay, but I cannot run the game until next week, (Im away from home and delivered it here) so no way to see if it even runs.
Has this happen to anyone else? Should I just return and order again hoping it is not defective this time?
If it isn't a blu-ray game it will most likely work. Hit or miss with the blus. Wii U most likely won't play at all.

That's been my experience with them. Regardless, you have 30 days for online orders. For in-store you get 30 days if it's defective, but if it's after 7 days for in-store they will give you the same game (or store credit if they don't have that game)

Ebay rollers, just saw on SD that there's a targeted 10% ebay bucks deal happening right now. I didn't get it but here are the details.

Valid through 11:59 PM PST 5/18/16

Who's eligible?
Only invited, registered eBay Bucks participants who receive the promotional offer from eBay in My Messages are eligible. Sorry, no forwarding—the offer is not transferable.

10% in eBay Bucks on every qualifying item of $100 or more
Promotion details
The Promotion starts at 5:00AM PT on May 17, 2016, and ends at 11:59PM PT on May 18, 2016. Extra eBay Bucks can only be earned on every single item purchased that meets the minimum purchase requirement specified in the offer. Valid on multiple qualifying purchases made within the promotion time period. In order to qualify for the offer, you must click the email to activate. *Qualifying purchase excludes all items in the following categories: Classifieds, Business & Industrial, Real Estate, eBay Gift Cards (within the Gift Cards & Coupons category), Bullion (within the Coins & Paper category), and eBay Motors (including Parts & Accessories). Rewards are capped at $100 per transaction and $500 per Earn Period. Purchases must be completed during the Promotion period and paid for with PayPal before the Promotion ends. eBay reserves the right to cancel, amend, or revoke the Promotion at any time. Other restrictions apply. See Terms & Conditions for details.
Hopefully they roll out invites later. I usually get the invites in the afternoon. Hope I get one for this promo.

I know you can still buy eBay gift cards with store credit but can you do it with a gift card? $10 for every cycle is tempting. I have a lot of retro games on eBay I'd like to pick up :D

I have done it in the past. Store considered it same as cash.
Hmm it's only for one day though, so I guess not worthwhile for me. Plus I think it would be hard to get eBay gift cards with a digital gift card. I usually just swipe without them noticing the payment method.

Hmm it's only for one day though, so I guess not worthwhile for me. Plus I think it would be hard to get eBay gift cards with a digital gift card. I usually just swipe without them noticing the payment method.
One time, I purchased $300 in GS gift cards for $250 on ebay. I went to the store to buy a $300 ebay gift card and I had the manager scan the 5 gift cards screenshots from my phone

One time, I purchased $300 in GS gift cards for $250 on ebay. I went to the store to buy a $300 ebay gift card and I had the manager scan the 5 gift cards screenshots from my phone
That's a bold move. If I knew the employee and knew he wouldn't care, I would do it. I have been rejected before though (I was dumb enough to ask if I could use credit), so going "Hey, scan my gift card please!" won't fly.

That's a bold move. If I knew the employee and knew he wouldn't care, I would do it. I have been rejected before though (I was dumb enough to ask if I could use credit), so going "Hey, scan my gift card please!" won't fly.
I've done the ebay-gamestop-ebay cycle over a dozen times, spread over the stores I pass on my way to/from work. Only once was I asked about the print out gift cards, I told the guy I got them from my credit card rewards program and moved on from there.

I've done the ebay-gamestop-ebay cycle over a dozen times, spread over the stores I pass on my way to/from work. Only once was I asked about the print out gift cards, I told the guy I got them from my credit card rewards program and moved on from there.
Is it official policy to allow gift card purchases with gift card? Do they only care about not allowing you to buy them with store credit?

Is it official policy to allow gift card purchases with gift card? Do they only care about not allowing you to buy them with store credit?
The system allow gs gc to gc but it still depends on store manager policy. some manager strictly not allow gc to gc.

Did you already plow through the single player? Do you like the multiplayer?

It's a fantastic game. I guess you could always trade and rebuy when it drops in price down the line. If you collect, that is.
Got through the campaign and a great majority of the trophies for it.

Never been a multiplayer guy for Naughty Dog games, but I will admit that The Last of Us had some of the best mulitplayer in recent memory.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS?

I'm pretty mixed on the whole game. Thought some character(s) were unnecessary or not fleshed out. Certain aspects didn't click for me. I'm not sure if I am ready to accept this as the end. Really would like to know what Henning's vision was

POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Presently trying to find every reason to keep my copy of Uncharted 4. Current TIV is $30 with PUR and throwing in that Doom promo makes it more than I originally paid for. Then again Doom has mixed reviews and I feel like I'll be doing the same thing in less than a week. Ughhhhh
Traded mine in for 44.80 towards Doom. If you already finished the single player there's not much reason to keep it unless you like the multiplayer or collect games imo.

Traded mine in for 44.80 towards Doom. If you already finished the single player there's not much reason to keep it unless you like the multiplayer or collect games imo.
Yeah the multiplayer is "meh" at best. Like I said above its basic and really not needed in Naughty Dog games. The Last of Us multi on the other hand was something else entirely. Very new and unique.

It seems that the Buy 2 Get 3 Free Toys To Life figures promo may have ended. I picked up five today, and the last three did not auto-discount to $0. Employee manually adjusted them, because the signage was still up.

So is it over, or was that a weird glitch on the system?

Anyone pick up DOOM and have any thoughts. Thinking of letting go of a 3DS or Wii U title and picking it up, but the reviews have been really mixed. Of course no one is planning on picking up Homefront

Anyone pick up DOOM and have any thoughts. Thinking of letting go of a 3DS or Wii U title and picking it up, but the reviews have been really mixed. Of course no one is planning on picking up Homefront
Doom is fun but of course it has its flaws. I wouldn't pay full price for it like I did.

Yeah the multiplayer is "meh" at best. Like I said above its basic and really not needed in Naughty Dog games. The Last of Us multi on the other hand was something else entirely. Very new and unique.
Agreed. I love TLoU’s MP. I’ve been playing it for years now and find it strikes a great balance between stealth, strategy, teamwork, and community. I enjoyed the SP but I’ve gotten so much mileage out of the MP that I have to rank this game on my short list of top 5 games of all time when I look at this game as one whole package. I just started UC4 MP so it’s too fresh on my mind to fully digest but both games have great replay value with a competitive MP component out the gate so I think they are both worthy of picking up regardless of the price point.

Darn, GS had :360: CoD BO for $9.99/$8.99 and now it's $19.99. Not sure if they sale ended or they increased the price because of the backwards compatibility. Guess I'll just buy it digital. 

Many values dropped. Rip.
Mostly just these:

Doom :ps4: :xb1: -$5 base

Homefront: The Revolution :ps4: :xb1: -$3 base

Uncharted 4 :ps4: -$3 base

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth :ps4: -$2 base
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 :ps4: :xb1: -$2 base
Sniper Elite III :360: :ps3: -$2 base

There are other drops but the price went down with them so I understand why. The above went down with no price change. All the TIV bumps were because sales ended. Also there were a fair amount of price drops too that had TIV stay the same.

Details:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit#gid=744744072

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back