GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldnt find any BK gcs at gamestop so I bought a DQ gc. Had me a blizzard. That stuff is awesome, I heard they sell chicken there too (sandwiches) has anyone tried it? 

Do I still get a B2G1 coupon for renewing my membership? Did some fodder trade for Uncharted 4 today and pushed me up enough to renew for a few bucks.

I'm guessing you missed that whole thing in 2012 and they promised to change things? Well, shit never changed, or at least not for long because they're still giving 1mil+ to anti-LGBT groups.

But personal politics aside, those corn dogs from Sonic weren't too bad. Well worth the .50/ea I paid for them.
Oh yeah I did forget. I donated $25 to HRC and tell myself I gave more to HRC than any anti LGBT group would ever get from me eating at chickfila.

Chick fil a is the best. But Bojangles is close
Love Bojangles since moving here to Atlanta

Chickfila is good for like a chicken sandwich but raising canes has some really good chicken.

Also why would someone refuse to eat at Chickfila?!?
Just went to visit my brother in Dallas this past weekend. All I wanted to do was try out Raising Canes. Was not disappointed at all. And the bread was amazing too. Fries could improve

Looks like Gamestop shipped a bunch of Black Ops copies from the warehouse to the stores.  I went from 21 stores within 100 miles of me having a used copy to tons having 3+ copies.

Have you guys try the yello haired chicken with chinese ginger sauce? they have a better texture than white chicken imo. 

I'm guessing you missed that whole thing in 2012 and they promised to change things? Well, shit never changed, or at least not for long because they're still giving 1mil+ to anti-LGBT groups.

But personal politics aside, those corn dogs from Sonic weren't too bad. Well worth the .50/ea I paid for them.
Today I learned chikfila is anti LGBT

they'll never see another cent from me ever again

Another thread successfully derailed.  My work here is done!

riding-into-the-sunset.jpg

So when did the stores start discriminating against gays?

It's likely an easy Google, but I believe the owners have made statements in the past and donations to organizations against homosexuality. Can't remember specifics.

I'd say if you researched other owners and companies who provide products and services you use and enjoy, you'd likely find some issue with something they support or believe. This one just happened to get exposed and reported about.

#trade

To answer your question specifically, Darby, I'd say never? It's more of a problem with supporting a company with money that may go to something you disagree with, not discrimination of customers at a point-of-sale or something.

It's gud chickin, doh

Do the $50 Kindle cards still not work in store?
I buy $50 and $25 Amazon Kindle cards a lot at my local Game Stops (NY). Never had an issue. Haven't bought one in a couple months but no hassle at all.

I would assume this varies by region since I have seen people complain their store will not let them buy them with trade credit.

I bought $150 in credit a few months ago to buy a new Vita on Amazon. Might be the last time I bought Amazon Kindle cards at Gamestop.

I assume this is what you were asking about anyway.

The register won't block it but employees might. Just swipe the card and the employee probably won't notice.
My go to move is to have a credit card and my PUR card in my hand. Then quickly swipe with the PUR. I never had a problem buying GCs with GameStop credit, but I've seen certain clerks kinda hesitate when I do it so I decided to start not even chancing it unless I know the clerk won't ask questions.

I tried to ring up a $50 amazon card yesterday. It was a no go. The $25s worked. I was also able to pick up a visa gift card with trade in credit with no issues but that's YMMV.

Oh yeah, gift card talk. Forgot where we were.
I still have lots more stuff to say about food (it's my favorite thing), but I'm avoiding hate talk like the plague.

But some stores have Chipotle gift cards, and I think that's like throwing money into a campfire.

They weren't in the system. And wouldn't ring up.
They do not ring up. I think my local GS said they expired.
That sounds like a good enough reason to remove them all from the floor right then and there.

There were leaks about new Xbox hardwares (yes plural). One is a mini that is 40% smaller. Might want to hold off on buying an Xbox One until E3.

Are they not ringing up at all, or you just can't pay for them with GS GC/TC?
They weren't in the system. And wouldn't ring up.
They do not ring up. I think my local GS said they expired.
That sounds like a good enough reason to remove them all from the floor right then and there.
This happened a couple weeks back and is a major bummer. They got rid of the $15-$500 cards the same way. I'm not sure if it was gamestops decision or amazons decision, but I'll probably stockpile less gamestop credit. I know the $25 cards still work, but how long until they are killed?

ok, this just happened to me today: did the 50% towards DOOM, bought the DOOM two days ago and went in a different store to return it today, but the guy refused to do the return and told me to go to the store where i traded and reverse everything... am i doomed?

ok, this just happened to me today: did the 50% towards DOOM, bought the DOOM two days ago and went in a different store to return it today, but the guy refused to do the return and told me to go to the store where i traded and reverse everything... am i doomed?
No just go back to store you bought it at, just tell them you changed your mind. Or just wait until it's a different employee at the other GS. You have 30 days so no you're not doomed. BTW, that employee sounds like an ass since that's not even possible, reverse everything lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back