GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Still didn't try returning my Uncharted 4 yet. I didn't want to ruin my chances of getting Overwatch (xbox one) for $13 and some change, so that will be my next trip, to another store. Made sure the 20% pre-owned birthday code was scanned first, and then did my $15, $10 and $5 pre-owned certificates.

I used the app, though sometimes the employees like to take your phone and take control, handle your phone like a reporter handling a microphone, keep it in your control. My used copy looks new, not sure if the origins code has been used yet.

I saw a promo for an extra $20 trade in bonus for 3ds/3dsXL/New 3DS XL trade ins but when I checked trade in values I only saw one for the "New" 3DS XL which was $100.  How much can I get for my 3DS XL with the bonus?

haha just got accused of using a fake gift card X scamming GameStop

I go to buy a eBay gift card and put $300 on it, I swipe my trade credit cards and a gift card and everything is fine, receipt comes out saying no money is due and I have $5 left over
I still have a $60 gift card from returning doom so I go to buy a $60 card and that's when I get accused , the guy even shows me how much money they make per hour and my transaction doesn't pop up so I said "well if it's by the hour won't it show up at 1 pm?" And he says no it should show up instantly

So I guess now they think I'm a thief X scam artist lol

Idk man, all I said was "that's crazy, I got those gift cards by trading in my collection and the gift card was a gift at Christmas , why would I scam GameStop"

Yeah that's ok, you're not the only one they accuse. The only people who never get accused of any wrongdoing at GS are the ones who buy the pre-owned games for 59.99 with cash/CC.

I go to buy a eBay gift card and put $300 on it, I swipe my trade credit cards and a gift card and everything is fine, receipt comes out saying no money is due and I have $5 left over
I still have a $60 gift card from returning doom so I go to buy a $60 card and that's when I get accused , the guy even shows me how much money they make per hour and my transaction doesn't pop up so I said "well if it's by the hour won't it show up at 1 pm?" And he says no it should show up instantly

Idk man, all I said was "that's crazy, I got those gift cards by trading in my collection and the gift card was a gift at Christmas , why would I scam GameStop"
LOL, he showed you the dashboard. He shouldn't have done that.

At first, I thought you meant that he showed his hourly wage, so my question was: did you laugh? Lol

Fake gift card? Wtf is that lol

I dont follow this topic too closely so not sure if this was brought up. Got a coupon about a month ago for Happy Birthday Bonus 20% off Preowned game EXP 7/31. Today I got another coupon June Birthday 20% off PO Game EXP 6/30. Can I use both on the same transaction? 

Why do they barely have any listings for used Amiibos on their site? I wanted to get a used Wolf Link Amiibo to use with Zelda TP HD but they don't have it listed on their site...

Returned my Uncharted PS4 from the $250 trade-in deal, the clerk had to call his DM to make sure he had to give me back the $250, rather than just the $175.00 I would have got without the trade-in promo. Of course I got the full refund though after he checked. How many returns can you do without raising any flags? I am returning UC4 and possibly DOOM as well.

That's odd the gs employee at my store had to call his manager to confirm as well. However he also didn't know how to process the return and had to have the guy explain it over the phone.

I dont follow this topic too closely so not sure if this was brought up. Got a coupon about a month ago for Happy Birthday Bonus 20% off Preowned game EXP 7/31. Today I got another coupon June Birthday 20% off PO Game EXP 6/30. Can I use both on the same transaction?
Try it & let us know?

& dang...$12 for a Smash Bros case?

If anyone is planning on trading in Uncharted 4 or Doom, and you have a Hastings in your area, check out the Hastings thread for their trade in values and more.

Why do they barely have any listings for used Amiibos on their site? I wanted to get a used Wolf Link Amiibo to use with Zelda TP HD but they don't have it listed on their site...
If it's anything like the STL stores the only time Amiibo are traded in is when someone is getting rid of all of the ones they have and are too lazy to AZ/CL/EBay them.

How clever! Fortunately, I'm old enough now that I can accept a proper ball busting without taking it personally.
Lol after returning Uncharted 4/Doom Joey Cortez was like

TheFace-Off-Nuts_zpsdf769a8d.jpg

With the eBay gift cards, is there a number you guys won't go above in order to not raise suspicion? The highest I've gone is $200 and usually when I go above $100 they start asking what I plan on using it for.

With the eBay gift cards, is there a number you guys won't go above in order to not raise suspicion? The highest I've gone is $200 and usually when I go above $100 they start asking what I plan on using it for.
I usually buy $500 at a time, that's at my usual store though.

Got denied at GS for trying eBay and Amazon GCs. She asked how I was paying. I says credit card and she eyed me up as I was doing it. Said it won't let them even do the transaction.

love how they make shit up

Yeah I wish the gs employees wouldn't straight up lie to you. Why can't she just say I'm sorry the corporate policy is being enforced in this area or something of the sort.

Prolly has to do with how they make like no money/profit from selling gift cards?

The $100 spending rebate at BB is back through Ibotta. If I claim now, can I use a receipt from last weekend or will it know the offer wasn't active then? I didn't exactly see a date term in the details.

The $100 spending rebate at BB is back through Ibotta. If I claim now, can I use a receipt from last weekend or will it know the offer wasn't active then? I didn't exactly see a date term in the details.
With BB you have to have a QR code scanned at checkout, they won't let you scan receipts anymore.

With BB you have to have a QR code scanned at checkout, they won't let you scan receipts anymore.
Yeah I just realized that. Digging around in the FAQ seems like they will give me a pass if it's my first time and I can email a receipt. I still haven't seen any dates on the rebate so maybe it can fly. Worth a shot. Or maybe there will be a flip I can do within 2 weeks.

Offer popped up during the week so you might be SOL.

Yeah I just realized that. Digging around in the FAQ seems like they will give me a pass if it's my first time and I can email a receipt. I still haven't seen any dates on the rebate so maybe it can fly. Worth a shot. Or maybe there will be a flip I can do within 2 weeks.
FYI...I went shopping at BBY(s) one morning/afternoon checking Ibotta before each transaction. A BBY rebate popped up later that evening. I emailed them cursing them for doing some ish like that. They had me email them pics of my receipts and was credited the next day.

Also, Prepaid Visas and other GCs used to work (I know, I know) when you still scanned receipts. I thought I'd give it a try with the new QR code method so I bought a $25 Shell gas card. I got credit for the transaction which put me over $100 for the rebate and also over $20 for the cashout. A few days later I get this email:

Subject: Fraudulent Receipt Submitted

Oops!

Dear Klimb22,

We were unable to accept your receipt. The rebates selected for credit were not present on the receipt. Per Ibotta's Terms of Use (Section 10.2) users may not redeem, or attempt to redeem Ibotta offers for products that have not actually been purchased.

They rolled back my counter and deducted $10 from my balance. I responded to the email to which they admitted to sending the wrong canned message and explained that GCs aren't acceptable.

No more than a total of $1000 in Gift Cards may be redeemed per eBay purchase. Further, you may only redeem a maximum of eight Gift Cards in any single transaction (and fewer if you are redeeming Gift Cards in combination with other redemption codes, such as coupons or vouchers). Restrictions also apply to the purchase of eBay Gift Cards on ebay.com-see our Gift Card Policy for details

As long as the car is under 1000, your good. Lol

No more than a total of $1000 in Gift Cards may be redeemed per eBay purchase. Further, you may only redeem a maximum of eight Gift Cards in any single transaction (and fewer if you are redeeming Gift Cards in combination with other redemption codes, such as coupons or vouchers). Restrictions also apply to the purchase of eBay Gift Cards on ebay.com-see our Gift Card Policy for details

As long as the car is under 1000, your good. Lol
s-l500.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ferrari-F12-Kids-Electric-Remote-Control-White-Ride-On-Car-Riding-Toy-w-mp3-/291587535371?hash=item43e3f8b20b:g:bSMAAOSwl9BWMzvz

Just made a return of uncharted 4 but the employee said I might receive an email regarding this return and have the trade credit adjusted.. :/ hmm I didn't make a bunch from this. Actually the bonus itself for the trade was as much as 60.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back