GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
why the end of the month?
policy from corp now is that trade credit can't be used to buy gift cards. Suppose to be fully enforced by end of the month. Some stores are already saying no dice. I keep telling myself I'm a go an get some amazon credit but don't feel like going :(

policy from corp now is that trade credit can't be used to buy gift cards. Suppose to be fully enforced by end of the month. Some stores are already saying no dice. I keep telling myself I'm a go an get some amazon credit but don't feel like going :(
Not right at all. Only thing that is official from Corp is you cant use trade credit/gift cards on Visa cards.

Not right at all. Only thing that is official from Corp is you cant use trade credit/gift cards on Visa cards.
page before someone mentions being denied amazon and keep seeing people getting denied for buying amazon/ebay with credit so I figured it was all gift cards in general.

ok so policy from corp was just visa cards but it does seem like they're cracking down on gift cards in general when buying with trade credit. It's mentioned just about every page.

Anyone know when an account gets flagged/banned for returns?

In the last month Ive returned 2 Doom (xb1/ps4) with the most recent being on the day before flips began. I only have Uncharted to return from the first day of flips.

In the last month Ive returned 2 Doom (xb1/ps4) with the most recent being on the day before flips began. I only have Uncharted to return from the first day of flips.
I returned 2 Doom 4s, Uncharted and Ratchet so you should be fine. My account is still fine.

page before someone mentions being denied amazon and keep seeing people getting denied for buying amazon/ebay with credit so I figured it was all gift cards in general.

ok so policy from corp was just visa cards but it does seem like they're cracking down on gift cards in general when buying with trade credit. It's mentioned just about every page.
They seem to be certain areas. Most seemed to come from the Bay Area. Could just be a local law thing in some places.

What gets you flag on returns? Is there a dollar amount to pass before getting flagged? Like returning over $1000 a month? Anyone knows?

They seem to be certain areas. Most seemed to come from the Bay Area. Could just be a local law thing in some places.
Nah, several districts here in Ohio have started cracking down on it with the Amazon and gas cards.

Said it was due to money laundering by people trading in stolen stuff then buying those to resell.

I got flagged like 2 years ago because the guy claimed I was returning stuff to keep preorder bonuses. I literally returned 2 new games that whole year, and the one that got me flagged was Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. (And the code was for a digital guide, which I didnt even redeem)

I returned x2 Dooms , 1 uncharted and 1 uncharted ps4 bundle. This was all within a week and I experienced no problems.

I'm glad I upgraded my PC this year, the virtuous cycle of console gaming isn't as great as it used to be - buy new game for $40 (GCU/preorder bonus), trade in for $40-45 is kinda dead most of the year now.  Brand new games are trading in for $25-30, like Mirrors Edge 2 and Odin Sphere (both released today) are $25 at gamestop and it'll probably take 1-3 weeks for them to even pop up at best buy at $25-30.  

I'm still gonna keep a couple hundred banked at gamestop though, it'll be good to buy a new PS 4K.  And trade deals like the 50% bump for doom/UC4 will still happen a few times a year, but I think the people who try to do it year round are gonna have it tougher, especially if you can't pull out with amazon/ebay.

What gets you flag on returns? Is there a dollar amount to pass before getting flagged? Like returning over $1000 a month? Anyone knows?
I think you get flagged when a dick employee goes this guy is returning to much stuff or is questionable. District Manager looks at said account and makes a decision to ban or not. I have actually returned both a X1 and PS4 in the same month and was not banned. I was going to keep them but got a PS4 for free. $800+ easily. I have also seen a guy B2G1 on a X1, PS4 and Wii U I think and return them. It is possible he bought all three without the B2G1 on preowned but he still returned them then again I only heard parts of the conversation and did not look at the receipt.

I got flagged like 2 years ago because the guy claimed I was returning stuff to keep preorder bonuses. I literally returned 2 new games that whole year, and the one that got me flagged was Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. (And the code was for a digital guide, which I didnt even redeem)
I return so many games because all I want is the preorder bonus and then either use GCU or pick it up later for cheap. I think it comes down to an employee bringing your account to a manager's attention for whatever reason. Then the manager brings down the hammer.

Returned my new copy of DOOM a couple of days ago. I had no problems, I just literally told the girl I didn't want it anymore and she gave me the full 65 and change back on trade credit. Went to another gamestop because that store was out of Ebay cards (or maybe they took them off the shelves I dont know) and purchased $150 in ebay credit and a copy of Dante's Inferno. 

For those CAG's here in Vegas, I have had no trouble buying gift cards (excluding Visa's) with trade credit here in the North LV area. 

Any employee at any level can just call loss prevention or one of those type of departments. If loss prevention sees activity they don't like they'll just ban your account. Also a manager can call a DM and do it as well. But no on who works in the store can immediately get you banned. They have to work thru a chain of command. Also as we know the system itself automatically bans you as well for quantity abuse.

Any employee at any level can just call loss prevention or one of those type of departments. If loss prevention sees activity they don't like they'll just ban your account. Also a manager can call a DM and do it as well. But no on who works in the store can immediately get you banned. They have to work thru a chain of command. Also as we know the system itself automatically bans you as well for quantity abuse.
Do we have any details on the auto ban?

One employee started asking me why I buy new games, don't play it and then return it. Then he had the balls to ask if I have a resealing shrink-wrap machine at home. I said no and told him to go ahead and open the game. I told him 3 times to do it and he refused but he processed my return and I walked out with Lego City Undercover Wii U and 3 $25 gift cards. He isn't a jr detective but he is one of those annoying employees that can be obnoxious in conversation and annoying.

BtW, my final answer to him as to why I buy new games and return them was simply that Gamestop had an awesome trade in promo and after looking at the trade bumps, he agreed

I bought some amazon cards memorial day weekend in a small town in Michigan. They just not get many flippers or people who buy amazon, the dude was like "you guys must read a lot"

I return so many games because all I want is the preorder bonus and then either use GCU or pick it up later for cheap. I think it comes down to an employee bringing your account to a manager's attention for whatever reason. Then the manager brings down the hammer.
Crap, I might be on that boat.... Not to get the preorder bonuses per say but I usually buy and try to PM elsewhere within the GS return window. Last time I made a return, two of the employees gave me a bit of drama telling me that I could only get cash back withing 7 days of purchase even though the item I was returning was a brand new and sealed copy. I told them I was still within the return period and the 7 days only applied to preowned. They also told me there had been numerous cases of people getting banned for doing excessive returns. The thing is that I'm currently working out of state for a few months and there is only one gamestop store within 70 miles, which totally sucks by the way. I do have about 80k worth of points.... Any particular things I should be concerned about regarding being banned? Might have to lay low for quite a while.

If you have credit on your PUR card, don't do that. Put it on a trade card. Other than that, I dunno, but hopefully there are a lot of people who do excessive returns so they never get around to people who flip games.

So a 500GB Xbox one trades in for $100, you guys think we'll get at least a $150 promo when the slim model comes out after e3? I'm guessing it will, like 360 slim in 2010.

If it's really 40% smaller I'll buy it in a second. Especially since all my data is on a USB HDD , transfer will be easy

So a 500GB Xbox one trades in for $100, you guys think we'll get at least a $150 promo when the slim model comes out after e3? I'm guessing it will, like 360 slim in 2010.

If it's really 40% smaller I'll buy it in a second. Especially since all my data is on a USB HDD , transfer will be easy
I hope so, this white xb1 I have is sexy but I'd trade in a heart beat for an xb1 slim.

I have a feeling the bonus promo is just going to be $100 though considering they sell their refurbs for less then $250 as is.

I think they gave $150 bonus to move PS4 units early for the inevitable drop.

If you have credit on your PUR card, don't do that. Put it on a trade card. Other than that, I dunno, but hopefully there are a lot of people who do excessive returns so they never get around to people who flip games.
Oh, not at all. I always have my credit deposited to a trade card. Would you know if I would lose all my points to redeem if I were to be banned? I'd really hate to lose all those points.

I do keep telling myself to bank those points so I can redeem them for a great physical item. Personally I think those reward certificates and coupons aren't really worth it unless I'm missing out on something...

There is going to be an extra 100 trade credit for pur accounts this month. I forget when it starts, I'm sure after e3

And my trade/PUR card is frozen. I went to return doom and the employee asked to put it on my PUR card which I'm cool with. And it didn't work, I forgot exactly what the screen said. Luckily I bought a $200 ebay gift the other day leaving a remaining balance of $4 on it.

I'm not sure how severe my ban is, I'm almost certain it's junior detective work from a manager. What are my options, can I get a new account and trade fine?? I'm in cali. I don't rely on the flips too much but the extra $ I rake in pretty much buys my son's toys and is funding a nice trip to Vegas. Bummed I drew the Heat

It depends on your state laws. do you need Id to trade in? If you don't need Id you can just create a new account but change all the info but your name. If you do need Id then your Id is banned and you need to create a new account but also use a different Id such as a passport

You just have to make sure the Id number is different. As the system links it. Also If the state Id has the same address as your banned id that account will more than likely get banned as well.

And my trade/PUR card is frozen. I went to return doom and the employee asked to put it on my PUR card which I'm cool with. And it didn't work, I forgot exactly what the screen said. Luckily I bought a $200 ebay gift the other day leaving a remaining balance of $4 on it.

I'm not sure how severe my ban is, I'm almost certain it's junior detective work from a manager. What are my options, can I get a new account and trade fine?? I'm in cali. I don't rely on the flips too much but the extra $ I rake in pretty much buys my son's toys and is funding a nice trip to Vegas. Bummed I drew the Heat
In the future always put it on a separate trade card.

what part of california? How do you know your PUR is frozen? something similar happened to me and i also suspect a jr detective caused it. I have all my credit in gift cards, they can close your pur account and your balance is gone if they do.

In the future always put it on a separate trade card.
I give them no choice. This is my pur card. I've had it since they changed over from the edge card years ago. Barcode is virtually unscannable too.
333e71fc06bb981f2923e71d093b54e8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back