GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got done with my last stuff. Preordered Gears 4. Glad twilight princess went back up a few bucks, not as high as it was last weekend when I should have done it. Since everyone likes updates on the hour it seems.

Xbox adapters trade in the same, the manager there had no clue about the preorder 50% bump when I called ahead( but she was cool) and I bought eBay cards.

hey, is there anything profitable to do with all my old redbox cases?

I tried to return them to a kiosk(thought you could), it wouldnt take them so I left like a stack of 20 on the machine during the first May trade boost. It would be kind of funny to see the look on some LPAs face when they see that tho. 

I tried to return them to a kiosk(thought you could), it wouldnt take them so I left like a stack of 20 on the machine during the first May trade boost. It would be kind of funny to see the look on some LPAs face when they see that tho.
Coasters?

modern art display, sell to hipsters?

If you have the $50 off :xb1:, you could've gotten a cheap Quantum Break Bundle.

$279.99

- $50 coupon

- $38.40 trade in (extra controller comes free)

- $28.80 trade in QB

Just over ~$160 for one.

If you have the $50 off :xb1:, you could've gotten a cheap Quantum Break Bundle.

$279.99

- $50 coupon

- $38.40 trade in (extra controller comes free)

- $28.80 trade in QB

Just over ~$160 for one.
get rid of the first controller and the power adapter that would get you a replacement unit for 70$

Just got back from GS and got $200 in eBay cards but when the guy was scanning my digital gift cards in the POS it was asking for my SSN and zip code and other personal info. He was able to override it since I told him I was not going to provide private information like that. Anyone else run into this issue? Don't know if it was because I was using digital gift cards and not a physical card but it never happened in the past.

Just got back from GS and got $200 in eBay cards but when the guy was scanning my digital gift cards in the POS it was asking for my SSN and zip code and other personal info. He was able to override it since I told him I was not going to provide private information like that. Anyone else run into this issue? Don't know if it was because I was using digital gift cards and not a physical card but it never happened in the past.
I bought 200 earlier today with digital gift cards, and was not prompted for other information. That's pretty odd.

Maybe I can get some direction from someone. I had a B2G1 coupon from my renewal that was set to expire 06/30/2016. It disappeared last Thursday. I e-mailed support last Thursday and I was finally told today they can't "resend" the coupon but they offered me 3,000 PUR points. They said I have to let them know if this is ok and they'll send to my account.

This is horse shit. Are they completely serious that they cannot send me another coupon? And if so, how can they assume 3,000 points makes us straight. Anyone have experience with something similar?

Yeah the employee probably did something wrong. And you got the blunt end of his stupidity. That has happened me too many times to count. Was he manager, asm or normal sales associate? If it was a sales associate then that is more than likely the case.

He was probably trying to process it like GS was buying the GC from you, not selling it.
They stopped letting you trade in gift cards the start of the month and the program that was used to do it was taken off the system so that wasnt it. No idea wtf he could have done.

Maybe I can get some direction from someone. I had a B2G1 coupon from my renewal that was set to expire 06/30/2016. It disappeared last Thursday. I e-mailed support last Thursday and I was finally told today they can't "resend" the coupon but they offered me 3,000 PUR points. They said I have to let them know if this is ok and they'll send to my account.

This is horse shit. Are they completely serious that they cannot send me another coupon? And if so, how can they assume 3,000 points makes us straight. Anyone have experience with something similar?
Never experienced that and never hope to. That's some grade A bullsh*t right there.

Maybe he was signing you up for the Gamestop credit card. Lol
Ok now I know what he did. He meant to bring up typing in the info for the digital gift card and accidentally hit the one that lets you pay with your game stop credit card if you dont have the card on you lol.

Can 15 dollar pre owned certificate be used on pre owned consoles? Also has anyone bought used 3ds xl or 2ds from game stop?
Yes I bought 2 2ds systems for my kids. They were in good condition, I bought it in store though. One of the 2ds systems I paid almost entirely with certs.

Hmm might want to use certs to nab one of those $89 online 360 S models with 250GB just so I can always have an360 around. My old 120Gb fat elite never red ringed since 2010 but lately it hangs a lot when guide comes up or loading anything

I seen to have 100 k in powerup points from the past year in trade ins lol so good news is that I'll pick up the Xbox slim with a $50 X $25 off coupon B^)

Might pick up a used 2DS with a pre owned coupon too

Far Cry Primal will be $34.99 starting tomorrow and Rainbow 6 Siege will be $29.99. Nice sale to stack with the B2G1 free, could have been better if GTA V was on sale again oh well

Traded in Uncharted 4 towards BF1, I forgot to buy some ebay cards...

Hmm might want to use certs to nab one of those $89 online 360 S models with 250GB just so I can always have an360 around. My old 120Gb fat elite never red ringed since 2010 but lately it hangs a lot when guide comes up or loading anything
How do you get certs to work on the website? My understanding is that they've always been in-store use only...

Would a 15$ Powerup Reward Certificate work on the Witcher 3 Limited Edition Gwent set?

The certificates say no downloadable content, but I wasnt sure if being packaged with physical items as well would exclude it

Same thing happened to me. First email said they'd give me 3,000. Then another rep offered 5,000.

Both offers suck.

Would a 15$ Powerup Reward Certificate work on the Witcher 3 Limited Edition Gwent set?

The certificates say no downloadable content, but I wasnt sure if being packaged with physical items as well would exclude it
Funny thing is, I couldn't use one for the first set—Hearts of Stone—but for this one—Blood and Wine—certificates worked just fine.

Can someone refresh me on the actual base trade-in value of an xbo power adapter? I've gone back about 40 pages and I can't find it.

Also, is that DS4 coupon a generic code? Because ever since i renewed none of the pro coupons have shown in my active offers

does anyone have the $50 coupon for xbone that not gonna use? im planning to get one for myself and the $50 will seal the deal for me to get the elite. tia

Same thing happened to me. First email said they'd give me 3,000. Then another rep offered 5,000.

Both offers suck.
I had a big reoccurring issue around March and spent about 6 hours on the phone.(most of it was on hold). The manager offered me 1,000 points for all my trouble and to fix my issue. By that point I was sick of the process and I said fine. Really I wanted to be like

"WTF!! Do you realize you just offered me $1 for all of my troubles and to "fix" this situation???!!!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back