GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
PUR Pro day is next Saturday, 7/30. On top of the membership 10% off/boost, PUR Pro members can save an additional 10% off preowned games, and get an additional 10% credit for game/accessory trades.

How long does the cash promo go on for? I don't see a date on the website.

PUR Pro day is next Saturday, 7/30. On top of the membership 10% off/boost, PUR Pro members can save an additional 10% off preowned games, and get an additional 10% credit for game/accessory trades.
20% off total? That's pretty nice too. I can't remember GS doing that before. I know B2G1 is better but at least we don't have to worry about matching up 3 similarly prices games.

I just bought a $6.99 song of the deep key chain. I dont plan on returning it because in my area its just been kind of a pain to do returns when original purchase was from trade in bonus. Ive never not been able to do it but its more of a hassle than necessary. Also the keychain isnt too shabby.

I'd call and ask who their district manager is. Keep calling different ones until you get a different answer than the store you got rejected at. I'm guessing you'll get a better chance at being accepted in different districts . But what do i know, i'm just a pleb when it comes to gamestop.
Nope, tried a different GS today, the employee said that they recently blocked the purchasing of eBay GCs with GS GCs. Bad news for flippers and churners.

what if the value dropped until next week!

Also, are you guys getting song of the deep (then return it later) to get the 20% bonus when collectibles are not available?
"Collectibles" is very broad in their definition, including clearance items.

Pretty much, if it isn't a game, game accessory, or other piece of technology, it's a collectible.

Has anyone tested values for games that are listed higher in the email but lower on the app/site?

EDIT: Just called a store about ALBW's trade in value and they said it was $17.00 just like on the app/site. Does that mean it hasn't been updated yet or are they just seeing the same values as us and when we go in store to trade it in will it be higher?

Find out on the next episode of

Has anyone tested values for games that are listed higher in the email but lower on the app/site?

EDIT: Just called a store about ALBW's trade in value and they said it was $17.00 just like on the app/site. Does that mean it hasn't been updated yet or are they just seeing the same values as us and when we go in store to trade it in will it be higher?

Oh shit I LOVE this show!!!

Stealth bump Friday

I got a couple of emails:

Dragon Ball Xeno  Xone  $15.00

Deadpool Xone 20.00

Mario part 10 - 27.50

Call Of Duty III Xone 27.50

Mirrior Edge  PS4 and Xone $25.00

Plants Vs Zombies 2 PS4 25.00

GTA V for PS4 and Xone 25.00

Metal Gear Phantom Pain X360  $15.00

The increased values don't show unless they are in the register ringing up the trade. If you call for a quote they're just going to search for the game & that doesn't show the increased value.

In regards to returning defective used games, you are SOL at BestBuy. Unless you can find the same game to do an even exchange, you can't return them for full credit. Your other option is to trade them in for shit value. This information is from Bill@BestBuy from the BestBuy Unboxed forums.
I understand but in my case, they're still sealed and all. They won't take the return since the item is no longer in their system. I saw a message on the screen pop up as well

not sure if it's been reported in San Jose, but the only store that allowed me to buy EBay GCs with trade credit can't anymore.  As reported above, the GC option was grayed out on the screen as a payment method.  Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

Well, system denied me on both eBay and Shell GC's. Both cashiers were very nice and tried to push it through manually but no go. Tried paying using a trade card, gift card, and then finally a PUR card but no dice. Any other NH/MA folks have luck recently?

Out of curiosity, which ebay CG did you purchase?

The preloaded $50 red ones or the traditional white where you load your own amount?
Load your own amount.

I ended up burning my $100 worth of GS gift cards on a new slim Vita. When people realize that they can't flip/churn GS gift cards, there's going to be a huge rush to convert GS gift cards into re-sellable products. I don't see how they could move the credit out of there otherwise.

I got Fire Emblem Fates: Special Edition $35 (never will trade this in, ever) and Fire Emblem: Awakening $22.50, also will never trade.

I wonder if Star Fox is going to get bumped

I got:

Super Mario Bros U - $27.50

Dark Souls 3 XBO - $25 (less than app)

Pokemon Omega Ruby - $25 (less than app)

Zelda Link Between Worlds - $22.50

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back