GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
A few of my 360 games got bumps: Diablo uee $12, minecraft $12, and phantom pain $15. Unfortunately for me, I traded starfox and amazing spider man 2 last week and they both went up $5. The stealth bump gives and the stealth bump taketh away
Thanks. I'm taking in Metal Gear this afternoon. Waiting for the postal carrier to arrive to see if I can trade in any other pre-owned Best Buy games at the same time.

It's been a long time since people were reporting safe thresholds. $500? I'm pretty sure it was less than $1,000.
That's what I thought the most recent guesses were. About 6 months ago I think we were thinking it was around $1500 and they were separate and some of us learned otherwise.

How are some of you guys able to select store pickup? For some reason when I add it to my cart it defaults to shipping and even though when I attempt to select it for pickup at a store nearby that shows it available "today" it doesn't seem to allow me to set it for store pickup.

It's been a long time since people were reporting safe thresholds. $500? I'm pretty sure it was less than $1,000.
I didn't use store pickup. I just used that link to PM in store.

Just found my old official Bluetooth headsets for PS3 and Xbox 360. Don't need them anymore and it looks like they are getting $5 and $7 trade in.

Anybody know if I need anything to trade in with it besides the little ear piece headset itself? Are charge cables required?

Just found my old official Bluetooth headsets for PS3 and Xbox 360. Don't need them anymore and it looks like they are getting $5 and $7 trade in.
Anybody know if I need anything to trade in with it besides the little ear piece headset itself? Are charge cables required?
I traded in third party Bluetooth headsets for both systems a few weeks ago. They didn't say anything about needing cables.

Not sure if its everywhere but I just did a trade in-store and non bump values came up when the games got scanned. Showed the guy the values from the app and he adjusted them and gave me the cash.

For me the app values are definitely correct. I just traded in some copies of :ps4:  :xb1: MGS V and the values came up as $8. Thanks for whoever calculated the math for the pokemon trade in promo. I was panicking a little when the values dropped.

Not sure if its everywhere but I just did a trade in-store and non bump values came up when the games got scanned. Showed the guy the values from the app and he adjusted them and gave me the cash.
giphy.gif

which games did you trade in?
I was wondering this as well.

i traded in star fox and it scanned at $33 after 10% no problems. i told them from the start the trade was for cash so i dont know if that would change anything.

That is probably why it did not work, because 5 of us got the same coupon code. I printed my code out 3 times and got 3 different codes, one being the HF3LR. Sorry it did not work for you but, at least you got a nice clerk who gave you 15%. I personally have not tried the coupon, because I was saving it for the 4 for $40 sale next week.

Has anyone traded in an Xbox 360 Slim Power Adapter recently and if so is the value in the app still wrong?
I traded one yesterday for $24 base or $31.20 (with 20% collectible boost and 10% PUR) :D/

Just following up with you guys, I ended up trading my entire order from BB to GS with the 20% collectible bonus (bought a $0.99 starwars mug) with an overall loss of $8 but I figured I can most likely break even on my next trip. This also helped me work towards elite status ;) not too shabby for a $100+ order if you ask me. Especially since I would have been required to pay for return shipping on my order which would at the very least come out to $8 if I was lucky enough.

I traded one yesterday for $24 base or $31.20 (with 20% collectible boost and 10% PUR) :D/

Just following up with you guys, I ended up trading my entire order from BB to GS with the 20% collectible bonus (bought a $0.99 starwars mug) with an overall loss of $8 but I figured I can most likely break even on my next trip. This also helped me work towards elite status ;) not too shabby for a $100+ order if you ask me. Especially since I would have been required to pay for return shipping on my order which would at the very least come out to $8 if I was lucky enough.
so what was the benefit of this transaction since you lost $8?

I'm seeing a lot of people doing trades today. Is it better to trade Stealth Bump games now, or wait until 7/30?
Stealth implies that they can change again in the future. So, there's a gamble involved with waiting.

Considering there is already a really easy way to get an extra 20% today, I personally am not waiting.

I'm seeing a lot of people doing trades today. Is it better to trade Stealth Bump games now, or wait until 7/30?

Stealth implies that they can change again in the future. So, there's a gamble involved with waiting.

Considering there is already a really easy way to get an extra 20% today, I personally am not waiting.
usually the stealth bumps end on tuesday, i believe. most of the stealth bumps % are higher than the extra 10% you will get on the 30th, plus if you want credit as kojubat says you can get the stealth bump plus another 20% right now. its a gamble as their may be more bumps or promos that stack with the PUR day. i traded in because i assume alot of the best buy sale games will be traded in.

so what was the benefit of this transaction since you lost $8?
Mostly working towards elite status, rewards certificates and the like. Once I reach it i'm planning on, slowly but surely, moving credit back and forth to covert it back to cash, resell, etc...

This was my previous issue:

Guys, I might be SOL here but has anyone of you had any issues returning an online order to a BestBuy store? I purchased several pre-owned games in advance last week for full price ($9.99 each game) in hopes to return them to store only to repurchase them using the b1g1 offer for this week so they would come out to $4.99 each instead. Long story short, I wasn't able to return a game apparently since the item was "no longer in the system". This message popped up upon scanning my game, which I saw myself. They told me they couldn't do a return on them since they were preowned and a whole bunch of BS. However, I told them I was well within the return period and that I had returned preowned items without any issues in the past. Manager suggested I could buy another $9.99 game for half the price which kinda defeats the whole purpose of the B1G1 offer -_-'

They only gave me two options: I could only trade them in, to which I replied to myself with a silent " fuck that" or that I would most likely be able to return them by mail but according to the terms I believe I would have to pay postage and well... I'm as cheap as it gets! ;)

All jokes aside, this sucks big time since my order has not arrived entirely and flipping to GS isn't really an option since I paid $8.99 for each game, it would be a totally different case if each game was $4.50 though.

Is there anything I can do? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

As always, thanks fellow CAGs!

And to be frank, you'll never see values that high again; that Flip-ocalypse was a one-shot deal. It was fun. A LOT of fun.

I wouldn't expect a whole lot of percentage increase...about 20% at max? If you feel compelled to trade stuff, there's always the 20% collectible bump.
How does the 20% collectible bump work?

Last edited:

the additional 20% requires a coupon? or just buy buying a collectible item?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back