GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
So an employee just warned me that corporate will lock my account if I trade in too many games and then asked a weird question "where do you work"

These were only my 4th and 5th trade ins in 2 days and I hadn't traded in anything in awhile before this.

I've been going to this GS for over a decade and this is the first nosy employee I've ever come across. I've encountered a few assholes over the years but not the JR detectives I've read about on here.
You should have said " with your mom"

Starting Monday, July 25, GameStop will be entering week three of its summer sale with prices of games like Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End and Grand Theft Auto V slashed. In a press release, the retailer provided some of the deals as follows:

Games under $40:
o Uncharted 4
o Grand Theft Auto V
o Dirt Rally
o Dark Souls III
o Street Fighter V
o Tom Clancy’s: The Division
Games under $30:
o Just Cause 3
o The Witcher 3: Wild hunt
o Far Cry: Primal
o Battleborn
o DOOM
Games under $20:
o Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate
o Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
o NBA 2K16
o Just Dance 2016

Read more at http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/07/23/uncharted-4-price-drop-gamestop-sale/#to2yp2f1zophYGqb.99
Would be crazy is NBA 2k16 was $20 with the NBA season being over a month ago, and 2k17 being released in a little over 1 1/2 months, and NBA 2k16 being free on psn last month.

getting some flack for the Redbox lettering at Gamestop.  They accepted the discs but one clerk checked with the boss and another made an "exception" this time only.  

I noticed the PS4 games had the "Redbox Rental disc" printed in a circle while the XBO games had just the sticker to...descale. Almost as messy as fish scales minus the smell. 

Pro tip: the PS4 cover printing is very delicate. Scrape too hard and the disc will look even more atrocious than it already looks! 

Doom for 29.99 and UC4 for 39.99 are both calling my name but I'm trying to hold out. Doom will be 19.99 later this year and I bet UC4 hits 24.99.

Dark Souls III is really tempting, looks like they actually lowered the prices of the used versions of the games on sale so not bad for anyone who is sitting on some credit and/or certs.

Dark Souls III is really tempting, looks like they actually lowered the prices of the used versions of the games on sale so not bad for anyone who is sitting on some credit and/or certs.
Yep. I want to get some of the games I bought price adjusted but getting one of those at GS is a pain. I will probably just do it on GTA V with a rebuy.

Think I am going to cash in some reward certs and pick up DOOM for PC. It has been a bit cheaper but seems like a decent way to use up points.

It doesn't show on the site (that I can find) but my nearest store had put up a poster for this sale a day early yesterday and Mortal Kombat XL is $29.99 if you preorder Injustice 2. Best price I've seen on MK:XL, and you can always cancel that Injustice preorder later on. 

if i use my passport to sign up another account. Will it work??
From my experience this past weekend, if you need an ID to trade in then a regular passport will not work. If you have a driver's license type passport then you should be fine. Every GS I went to required that the ID fit into their scanner, which a regular passport does not.

You can use Doom as a GS -> BB credit mover.
With 3 copies per platform, you can turn 143.04 (+ tax) from GS to $165 BB. Good progress towards elite!

Also you can get B1G1 50% off 3DS games at Best Buy. Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire come out to $47.99 + tax and trade into GS for $55 cash or $65 credit with the 20% bonus.

I thought the PUR discount for used games was 20%. Why does it say on the site that the used PUR price for DOOM is $23.84 (only 10% off)?

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm an idiot. It's been a looong time since I've used my PUR account to buy a used game.

I was thinking of buying 2 used copies of DOOM with PUR and the retailmenot coupon to get those copies down to $38 ($48 - $9.50), then trading one of those copies to BB for $27.50 ($25 + $2.50) to end up with a copy of DOOM for effectively $11. Does that sound right? After my idiotic question above I feel like I need to check.

Why am I considering rebuying Borderlands: THC for $15 and returning the copy I just bought from BBY for $17? Am I really that cheap?  I guess if I am going there to buy something else...

I thought the PUR discount for used games was 20%. Why does it say on the site that the used PUR price for DOOM is $23.84 (only 10% off)?

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm an idiot. It's been a looong time since I've used my PUR account to buy a used game.

I was thinking of buying 2 used copies of DOOM with PUR and the retailmenot coupon to get those copies down to $38 ($48 - $9.50), then trading one of those copies to BB for $27.50 ($25 + $2.50) to end up with a copy of DOOM for effectively $11. Does that sound right? After my idiotic question above I feel like I need to check.
If you're using GS credit then it's not bad but if you're paying cash then you turning cash into credit.

If you're using GS credit then it's not bad but if you're paying cash then you turning cash into credit.
Yep, I'd be using GS credit. Now to hope that the one store near me with "low stock" have 2 used copies of the game. Otherwise, I'll wait for a better price.

Maybe I missed it in an earlier post, but the 20% bump for a collectible was extended to Wednesday. Bought a clearanced Starlord Dorbz for $0.97 to get the bump

Also, not that it's earth shattering or anything, but :360: Thief showed on the pinpad as being part of the 4 for $40 already yesterday. Only bought it because it was the steelbook. The associate said he hadn't seen a list yet but was supposed to start today.

Edit: Also just noticed the following rang up as 4$40 on my trade-ins:

:ps3: Dragon Ball Z Raging Blast

:360: LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars

ProDay_Week3.png

Does GS typically honor the retail me not coupons? Or is it very much YMMV?

I am thinking of doing exactly what you propose. I have a GS and BB in the same mall near my job.

Thanks for the update blackbeard! Appreciate your tremendous work on this info. Are you still having to manually do calculations to get the GS to BB movers onto the sheet? There are a couple of GS to BB credit flips for Battleborn and Doom using the PUR and Retailmenot bonuses and didn't know if that was something that the sheet was already calculating somewhere. Thanks again!

Just got back from GS. I bought two used copies of Uncharted 4 for $25.55 each (tax free credit) after 20% off retailmenot coupon and 10% PUR Pro. I kept a copy for myself and boomeranged a copy for cash. I bought my copies from a GS that had multiple copies and traded my other copy to a GS that only had one copy (just helping the cause).

RetailMeNot 20% coupon

http://instore.thread.co/retailmenot/gamestop.com/offer/62ELUO5SUNG7LHSZS6YT4ZWCGI?click_id=C8E6E4FE-898D-EDB8-E469-CD9576F593E7&uq=CVI44DNTGBCFDLVYWAILOFGE7E&df=BKSTDUVJGBHQFNSUJ2IOMBGHDI&session=e4YoFVHlcg57963a25df5c2

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back