GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Becuase nostalgia usually kicks in on my Nintendo games, and I end up rebuying them months after trading them. I get caught up in the TIV hype.
You are supposed to buy them back later on down the line for less than you trade them in for. At least that's how I've been getting preorder bonuses, clearing backlog and building up reward points.

Retro games aren't included in my cycle.

So if I traded 2 copies of LFD 2 on the 24th, could I trade another this weekend w/o fear of a ban? Haven't done any other trades since.
Yes, you should be fine. The limit is 4 copies every 30 days, and 2 weeks should be enough time that an employee won't find it suspicious if you trade in another copy, even if that employee processed one or both previous copies.

You are supposed to buy them back later on down the line for less than you trade them in for. At least that's how I've been building up reward points.
A lot of WiiU games are cheap like once in a blue moon. For instance, Best Buy had Mario Maker for like 25 bucks a couple weeks ago. It trades now for at least 33. It may not be under 33 for another year. Nintendo is hard to predict.

A lot of WiiU games are cheap like once in a blue moon. For instance, Best Buy had Mario Maker for like 25 bucks a couple weeks ago. It trades now for at least 33. It may not be under 33 for another year. Nintendo is hard to predict.
You load back up on the B2G1 weekends. I traded in nearly my entire Wii U collection on the 50% extra TIV weekend and then bought them all back during a B2G1 a few weeks ago.

You load back up on the B2G1 weekends. I traded in nearly my entire Wii U collection on the 50% extra TIV weekend and then bought them all back during a B2G1 a few weeks ago.
GoHastings was great for loading back up on Wii U games.

Don't forget to test them if you're collecting. I read earlier that Wii u games have a history of not working if refurbished by GameStop.

With the yarn Amiibo bundle on sale for $39.99, that's a pretty decent way to upgrade your copy to the one with the Amiibo for minimal cost
Care to share how it's a "minimal cost"? Even with the 20% bump on the trade, it would be about the same cost as buying the game & yarn amiibo separately.

Two questions from a guy who doesn't flip very often.

When does the credit = cash promo end? I searched GameStop's website and googled it but didn't find anything.

How many copies of a game can you trade in simultaneously?

Thanks.

Two questions from a guy who doesn't flip very often.

When does the credit = cash promo end? I searched GameStop's website and googled it but didn't find anything.

Thanks.
8/14 4 per platform 30 days

Thanks.
One title per platform per day per store. I've been denied same title on a different day at the same store before.

4 of the same title per platform in 30 days before you entice a ban.

Don't forget to test them if you're collecting. I read earlier that Wii u games have a history of not working if refurbished by GameStop.
This. I'd have completely scratchless used WiiU games not work on my system sometimes. It's weird. Happens with GS, Gamefly and Redbox ones.

If you are flipping through BB in store don't forget $5 ibotta rebate
Thanks. I looked into it but I have a Windows Phone so I can't use the app in-store. I do know someone with an Android phone though. Do I have to scan it in-store or can I just scan the receipt afterwards?

Thanks. I looked into it but I have a Windows Phone so I can't use the app in-store. I do know someone with an Android phone though. Do I have to scan it in-store or can I just scan the receipt afterwards?
For BB you have to get them to scan a QR code. You can't use the receipt.

Anyone else kinda stoked to get Far Cry Primal for $5 once the Power Up Reward Pro coupons go live ($25 off Far Cry Primal)...I think its August 14th or 17th...but I am skeptical if Gamestop will raise the price. Anybody have any insight? Its currently $29.99 new practically everywhere. Im thinking its the MSRP.

I would assume you should since they had a recent pokemon promo that allowed you to trade games toward google play credit or itunes.
If any of you guys bought or planning to buy and Xbox One S , it comes with 14 day Gold trial and I think Blackbeard would appreciate it for the work he is putting in!

Anyone else kinda stoked to get Far Cry Primal for $5 once the Power Up Reward Pro coupons go live ($25 off Far Cry Primal)...I think its August 14th or 17th...but I am skeptical if Gamestop will raise the price. Anybody have any insight? Its currently $29.99 new practically everywhere. Im thinking its the MSRP.
Yah it won't be $5

I hate associates who try and act funny.

"Can I get cash instead of credit please?"

"No." And he just looks at me for a very long 3 seconds with a serious face before saying just kidding.

I know you are bored at your job but it's not fucking funny at all.

"No." And he just looks at me for a very long 3 seconds with a serious face before saying just kidding.

I hate the associates who try to hide the fact that cash = credit.

What a crock. Guess I'm out of luck. Thanks for mentioning it though.
Setup an ibotta account on your friend's phone. Put the QR code on the phone's screen. Take a screenshot, and send that to yourself. Then just display the image of the QR code on your phone when you're at BB.

That's what you get for asking a question that you already know the answer to.

Btw Take a chill pill and be more direct. "It's that time of the month and I'm not in the mood, so how much will I be receiving in cash today?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back