GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is $125 going to be the best we get for a 1st run current gen console from now on? I saw we got $125 at Best Buy as well a few weeks ago. I was hoping to see maybe a $150 once the PS4 Pro hits or at least once more.

Is $125 going to be the best we get for a 1st run current gen console from now on? I saw we got $125 at Best Buy as well a few weeks ago. I was hoping to see maybe a $150 once the PS4 Pro hits or at least once more.
I would think with not just the Pro coming but the Slim that it's probably as high as we're getting. Maybe they'll do a trade up bonus but even though I think $150 will likely be the top end on that.

I would think with not just the Pro coming but the Slim that it's probably as high as we're getting. Maybe they'll do a trade up bonus but even though I think $150 will likely be the top end on that.
I dont even think youll see that, 125 is it, when the pro was announced gamestop on their twitter had trade in your PS4 for 125 toward a PS4 Pro Preorder! So I think 125 is it, but ya know it takes a whole 5 seconds to list it on Offer Up! or Craigslist and get 200-250 sooooo dont be lazy.

I dont even think youll see that, 125 is it, when the pro was announced gamestop on their twitter had trade in your PS4 for 125 toward a PS4 Pro Preorder! So I think 125 is it, but ya know it takes a whole 5 seconds to list it on Offer Up! or Craigslist and get 200-250 sooooo dont be lazy.
That's rough but it wouldn't surprise me. You never know though since early November they could be hurting for inventory as cheap parents will be more eager to buy those slightly cheaper used original PS4 systems than slims or Pros.

2DS is the cheapest way to get access to the DS/3DS library which is pretty massive. It will set you back about $80 for a new one with a couple of games. $100 if you want to buy a massive SD card.

The Vita on the other hand has virtually ever PS1 rpg you might want to play and is a great Indy gaming machine on the go. The value proposition of the Vita is greatly enhanced if you have been grabbing the "free" games on PS+. I think a used Vita and a 32GB card will set you back about $150.
You would have to buy the Vita not at GS b/c they still sell them for $160.

I just realized you can't use reward certificates on DLC. Why would they implement this rule? I want to use reward certificates on Rise of Iron.

Not valid toward gift cards, downloadable content, reservations or POSA cards.

I just realized you can't use reward certificates on DLC. Why would they implement this rule? I want to use reward certificates on Rise of Iron.

So PUR certificates can't be used to pay off or pay down pre-orders?

They don't want to lose money on something they aren't making money on anyway.

Damn I went to redeem some points for some $10 PSN codes just now but they don't seem to have them anymore. I could have sworn they were there when I looked at the rewards catalog like a week or two ago. Does anybody have any idea if they might bring them back? I'm not sure if they've ever been on there before and been taken off and then put back on later. 3900 points for a $3 code isn't gonna cut it haha. 

Yeah that's why I don't even bother selling on eBay anymore. They always side with the buyers so you're absolutely screwed if you get a jackass who decides they want to fuck you over.
Yep, I ran into several people in a row that I suspect just wanted to play the games quickly and then claim something was wrong. Didn't get protected at all and am now "below standard" which is complete BS.

39 people online last night in my friends list, 15 playing destiny

19 people online right now on my friends list, 8 playing destiny

it was just 1-3 people for a few months now but RoI launching tomorrow is definitely bringing back a ton of people.

39 people online last night in my friends list, 15 playing destiny

19 people online right now on my friends list, 8 playing destiny

it was just 1-3 people for a few months now but RoI launching tomorrow is definitely bringing back a ton of people.
And I bet every one of them has their Year 2 Moments of Triumph complete...I swear I'm in the minority here. :D

This may or may not be the correct place to post it, but is the new rise of iron coming with the base game? I already have the taken King and all previous dlc, but I don't have destiny. If I were to get rise of iron, would I be able to play?

This may or may not be the correct place to post it, but is the new rise of iron coming with the base game? I already have the taken King and all previous dlc, but I don't have destiny. If I were to get rise of iron, would I be able to play?
I think it's frowned upon to ask the same question in multiple forums, but i'll be nice and answer. You just need to buy the Collection upgrade version. It gives all Destiny content to owners of Taken King DLC for $40. Not a bad deal for $10 more than Rise of Iron.

I think it's frowned upon to ask the same question in multiple forums, but i'll be nice and answer. You just need to buy the Collection upgrade version. It gives all Destiny content to owners of Taken King DLC for $40. Not a bad deal for $10 more than Rise of Iron.
Where exactly can you get the collection for 40 because the msrp is 60 as far as i know.

Buy the disc from GameStop for $10 ($8 for PS4). It is probably the cheapest and most hassle-free way to do this.

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. But I don't really want to go through the process of meeting and selling it to someone. If someone gave me $150 for my OG 500GB White XB1 without a controller, I'd do it in a heartbeat. But $125 is kinda low and I wouldn't have a controller, so I'd get hit on that.

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. But I don't really want to go through the process of meeting and selling it to someone. If someone gave me $150 for my OG 500GB White XB1 without a controller, I'd do it in a heartbeat. But $125 is kinda low and I wouldn't have a controller, so I'd get hit on that.
I sold mine for $125 cash with controller

Lame. I'm looking at all of his recent feedback that he has left others and he has a lot of "code didn't work" or "didn't receive item". I guess I'll just refund but seems like I'll get hit with negative feedback anyway. I didn't pay for this code so I don't need the headache. Lesson learned.
Report him to eBay. There is nifty little report buyer link. soinda like he's doing this a lot and so they can clamp down.

I made the mistake of mailing a code once and it got hit with a reverse charge. PayPal will not protect you for digital items.

Yeah that's why I don't even bother selling on eBay anymore. They always side with the buyers so you're absolutely screwed if you get a jackass who decides they want to fuck you over.
If you do everything right, they will side with you. I have won every single case as a seller in eBay. PayPal buyer protection kicks in too. I escalate all dumb buyers to a case if they want to try anything crazy/shady.

If you do everything right, they will side with you. I have won every single case as a seller in eBay. PayPal buyer protection kicks in too. I escalate all dumb buyers to a case if they want to try anything crazy/shady.
even with DLC codes shipped? That sounds hard to believe.

even with DLC codes shipped? That sounds hard to believe.
That situation hasn't happened to me yet. So far I have had good luck unloading dlc and codes. The one code problem I had through eBay was credit card fraud. PayPal charge back. I checked out their feedback history and they Had bought a bunch of emailed codes in a few day period. I learned my lesson and Mail codes with tracking numbers now.

That situation hasn't happened to me yet. So far I have had good luck unloading dlc and codes. The one code problem I had through eBay was credit card fraud. PayPal charge back. I checked out their feedback history and they Had bought a bunch of emailed codes in a few day period. I learned my lesson and Mail codes with tracking numbers now.
U get notified of the chargeback?

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. But I don't really want to go through the process of meeting and selling it to someone. If someone gave me $150 for my OG 500GB White XB1 without a controller, I'd do it in a heartbeat. But $125 is kinda low and I wouldn't have a controller, so I'd get hit on that.i
selling used on CL, buyer usually want to meet at your residence and test the unit (unless buyer is an idiot). there's no chance in hell I'll give a random CL buyer my address and have him come knocking on my door 6mon later when he breaks the console.

But then, i also will not hand it over to GS for $125.

selling used on CL, buyer usually want to meet at your residence and test the unit (unless buyer is an idiot). there's no chance in hell I'll give a random CL buyer my address and have him come knocking on my door 6mon later when he breaks the console.

But then, i also will not hand it over to GS for $125.
Just brainstorming, but couldn't you use a hdmi connected to a laptop? Or get a hdmi to mini connector and play it on a smartphone? That with a car DC inverter and then you could meet up somewhere public. Or you could really do it wherever people plug in laptops like Starbucks and with a small portable screen?

You guys just need to do what I do.  Record yourself testing out the system at home on your smartphone.  I record everything from booting up, online marketplace browsing, loading a game disc, and playing it for a few minutes.  Also, you can record the serial number on there to verify it's the same console they are getting for more peace of mind.  Nobody ever asks me but I always take the liberty to do that and they always feel at ease.  This way, it'll save you time by letting you delete your account and packing up the console to just hand it over while meeting at any public place of your choice.  I live in an apartment complex, so I just meet at my leasing office.  Safety is still important so that still works for me in my opinion while I maintain being efficient with my time.  You're welcome, bitches.

Anyway around this? Tried calling, emailing and went to the store but apparently there isn't anything they can do.

Email 1

Thank you for contacting GameStop! I am sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you, I understand that you're being frustrated for the fact that your renewed your account for three (3) times and yet there's no progress on it, but I'm glad you reached me so I can take care of your concerns right away. I was able investigate this issue in your account and I already filed an escalation for this one. Take note that it will take 3-4 business days for it to process.

Email 2
It seems that when your old account blah blah got cancelled they did not link that account. For this reason, now that is cancelled we cannot compensate your account. I really want to help you so  I can offer you a Buy Two Get One Coupon code if you want but I will need you to reply with the information that is attached to blah blah:

TLDR Employee made a mistake charging me three times and it seems I'm out of $30+15k points. Any ideas?

Anyway around this? Tried calling, emailing and went to the store but apparently there isn't anything they can do.

Email 1
Thank you for contacting GameStop! I am sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you, I understand that you're being frustrated for the fact that your renewed your account for three (3) times and yet there's no progress on it, but I'm glad you reached me so I can take care of your concerns right away. I was able investigate this issue in your account and I already filed an escalation for this one. Take note that it will take 3-4 business days for it to process.

Email 2
It seems that when your old account blah blah got cancelled they did not link that account. For this reason, now that is cancelled we cannot compensate your account. I really want to help you so I can offer you a Buy Two Get One Coupon code if you want but I will need you to reply with the information that is attached to blah blah:

TLDR Employee made a mistake charging me three times and it seems I'm out of $30+15k points. Any ideas?

So you're going to receive a b2g1 coupon for being charged 3 times?

And they can't credit you points?

What should happen is the dm should allow you the amount lost in credit, 15,000 being $15 bucks plus 30 bucks overcharge on a game of choice. At least that's what my dm would approve in a situation like that.

So you're going to receive a b2g1 coupon for being charged 3 times?

And they can't credit you points?

What should happen is the dm should allow you the amount lost in credit, 15,000 being $15 bucks plus 30 bucks overcharge on a game of choice. At least that's what my dm would approve in a situation like that.
Is there a direct number I can contact then?

Kind of a random question. I know I don't get Rewards points if I buy a GameStop gift card. However, do I get points if I buy, for example, a Taco Bell gift card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back