GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for doing the right thing instead of being an e-thug. I wish the list was a little better organized or there was a list of highlights but it's bettee than nothing I guess.

There is talk over the past few pages about people trading things in and new boomerangs today. If this is out of context to you just go read a few past posts to help put everything into context.
I get that, but sometimes you guys also act like everyone here should be in the know on everything and anything, maybe the guys asking are newer, i dont care enough to check their profile to find out, but if your sitting in the thread reading posts and someone asks for the list is it really that hard to just post it? I mean we are on page what 704 now and i went back and found last time the list was posted it was like 688, sooo nearly 20 pages.

I get that, but sometimes you guys also act like everyone here should be in the know on everything and anything, maybe the guys asking are newer, i dont care enough to check their profile to find out, but if your sitting in the thread reading posts and someone asks for the list is it really that hard to just post it? I mean we are on page what 704 now and i went back and found last time the list was posted it was like 688, sooo nearly 20 pages.
I guess if you dont know the "secret handshake" they wont help you :speaktothehand:

Thank you for doing the right thing instead of being an e-thug. I wish the list was a little better organized or there was a list of highlights but it's bettee than nothing I guess.
you can easily sort the list with the tabs at the top of the page, and blackbeard does a great service for us all here with that list, so while I agree that people could have not been trolls when you asked about the list, dont bash the list when its given to you either.

I see it posted on 697...

Beg for the list, even though it is clearly labeled under every Blackbeard post.

Complain when people tell you to look at the list.

Complain about the list when it is handed to you.

You sound like a delightful person.

you can easily sort the list with the tabs at the top of the page, and blackbeard does a great service for us all here with that list, so while I agree that people could have not been trolls when you asked about the list, dont bash the list when its given to you either.
It's just constructive criticism. In no way am I bashing his work.

Beg for the list, even though it is clearly labeled under every Blackbeard post.

Complain when people tell you to look at the list.

Complain about the list when it is handed to you.

You sound like a delightful person.
Not bashing it. Read my post above.

Also, I guess you weren't really banned even though it says you are? Or is that another "joke" I take it...

Glad to see that you have seen the light Kotor, you have been granted permission into my kingdom.
Thank you Father, hallowed be Thy name.

Fat_23acf3_218384.jpg

I think they might be onto this already, some of the top games are now priced higher than they were earlier in the day.  From what I recall, TIV are locked in for the remainder of the day, so there's nothing they can do on that front.

I think they might be onto this already, some of the top games are now priced higher than they were earlier in the day. From what I recall, TIV are locked in for the remainder of the day, so there's nothing they can do on that front.
Well maybe that explains what the big deal is. I mean multiple 9 dollar boomerang are good but not as impressive as these last few post made it out to be.

Wow, there are really some entitled whiners running around this thread.   No surprise, though 50% bumps tend to drag them out of the woodwork. 

Lurkers, too. 

I think they might be onto this already, some of the top games are now priced higher than they were earlier in the day. From what I recall, TIV are locked in for the remainder of the day, so there's nothing they can do on that front.
Which ones? They all look like the same price to me. I just checked right now on any boomerang $6 and up.

It's one thing to be cheap, but lazy? Knock it off.

I love the "I'm too busy to look" defense. Mothershaqer, you're on a website about video games trying to flip $3.00 to $6.00. You ain't too busy. 

It's been a very rare event that I've entered a thread, seen talk of a deal, and not have been able to suss out the fuss by skimming through the previous 20 or so posts. You know what makes it take longer? Lazy people asking dumb questions instead of using their eyeballs. 

Actually had a couple things on hand that I got cheap. $15 turned into $60. Never thought a $2 Nike+ would turn into a $14 trade in. 

Anyone know if you can move money used on a preorder to something else in store or can it only be moved to another preorder?

Also, is it possible to do it in a store that you didn't put the preorder in?

Thank you.

Just had a guy at another GameStop take my beat up ones!

For every one he scanned, he was like wow this is way higher than I expected.

If they ask for your ID and punch in your DL number, does the system automatically look for another account with the same info or does it only check if you get banned or something? I've tried to keep them separate but I had to give it up today. I'm hoping nothing will happen.

Anyone know if you can move money used on a preorder to something else in store or can it only be moved to another preorder?

Thank you.
not possible if you are not at the store you did it at. you can move it to another preorder. If you buy something with it I think they have to cancel your preorder to access the funds. Cancel either way really.

If they ask for your ID and punch in your DL number, does the system automatically look for another account with the same info or does it only check if you get banned or something? I've tried to keep them separate but I had to give it up today. I'm hoping nothing will happen.
im pretty sure those two accounts are now linked. If combined you are over an amount then you got the ban

Thank you.
Yes you can move it to whatever you want.

They can also move it to a different store but it's a pain. They have to call the original store. I wouldn't make a habit of doing this.

I only made about $95 bucks and a $10 coupon for Gears of War 4. A little closer to having my PS4 Pro paid off. I could have done more if it didn't look so weird buying different copies of games I just traded in.

Values still alive as of 7:50 EST. Turned $55 in credit to $117 and got a Hyrule penny guide. Will be tipping Blackbeard when I get home as I suggest anyone who takes advantage of his list does.

When I was banned on my drivers license the moment I used it on another account that account for banned. Along with all my other accounts tied to the ID. This was a while ago tho and I haven't made the mistake since

When I was banned on my drivers license the moment I used it on another account that account for banned. Along with all my other accounts tied to the ID. This was a while ago tho and I haven't made the mistake since
Hmm I immediately went to another GS and traded in so I'm hoping nothing will happen? I wasn't expecting her to take my DL# because they never have in the past for credit trade ins. I need to work on using my points then as a precaution.

Thanks, that's good to know. I'm planning on using the coupons to knock down the PS4 Pro price. Or I guess the best use of them would be to use them when I flip so I can convert to credit. Used coupons cost less points.

Thank you so much blackbeard! Turned $90 into $275 for about 3 hours of time + maybe 2 1/2 gallons of gas. Will definitely tip you when I get home. Hopefully it lasts til tomorrow hahahha

Thank you so much blackbeard! Turned $90 into $275 for about 3 hours of time + maybe 2 1/2 gallons of gas. Will definitely top you when I get home. Hopefully it lasts til tomorrow hahahha
thats a big profit.

how many games did you buy and trade for the boomerang effect?

One store I went to said they were having "computer trouble" and couldn't process the trade in. Went to a second store down the street and they said the first store wasn't having computer trouble and they just didn't want to give out that value. Second store didn't care and happily gave me the trade values.

thats a big profit.

how many games did you buy and trade for the boomerang effect?
26 games at least 4x each w/ lego Movie, Battlefield, NHL, and that Nike Kinect game. Definitely going back tomorrow with my other accounts if this lasts. Free PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back