GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, asked this over in the Collectors edition forum but realized this one might be better answered here. Does anyone know if the collectors edition of Dishonored 2 will be available in-store at gamestop? Do they usually carry extra collectors editions? I have a $10 certificate that I want to use on it and as I understand I can only use that in store. Would I be able to put like $5 down in store and pay the rest off along with use the certificate when it comes in? Does that work? Thanks all!
Yes it is currently still available for preorder in store. No GS does not stock extra CE in store at launch. Only way to get it post launch is if a preorder isn't picked up, your store randomly gets a CE shipped to them after launch, or order if from the website.

That's if the CE doesn't sell out, which is what had happened with a majority of the CE's this year, at least with GS.

When I traded in my iPad they dinged me a dollar for no cable.

It's your choice but is trading in an iPhone to GS the best return for you? You can trade in your phone to places like the Apple Store or Gazelle if you don't want the hassle of listing on craigslist/ebay/etc.
Thanks for the info, sir. I've done a fair amount of research and I'm definitely not getting the highest return but GS is the least amount of hassle for me and I'm ok with that. If I was looking for the highest return I'd try to sell it on CL or OfferUp for cash. Right now I'm looking at $75 in cash today driving 5 mins to GS vs $75 cash at gazelle to ship it and wait or $90 in gift cards to ship/drive to Apple Store.

I'd prefer the five minute drive to GS for cash over having to ship stuff out then wait and/or driving further away and only getting gift cards.

Thanks for the info, sir. I've done a fair amount of research and I'm definitely not getting the highest return but GS is the least amount of hassle for me and I'm ok with that. If I was looking for the highest return I'd try to sell it on CL or OfferUp for cash. Right now I'm looking at $75 in cash today driving 5 mins to GS vs $75 cash at gazelle to ship it and wait or $90 in gift cards to ship/drive to Apple Store.

I'd prefer the five minute drive to GS for cash over having to ship stuff out then wait and/or driving further away and only getting gift cards.
Sounds like a good deal since you get cash, just wanted to make sure you looked at your options!

Has anyone heard anything about a new 4 for $20? Someone posted about it on the GS subreddit, but no list. Optimistic it will actually have different games this time.

So TIV's on the 500gb xbone went up a lil bit? I remember seeing 80 and now it's 100, and cash on top of that :D

Thinking of taking it in with a busted controller. I'm sure I could get maybe anther 50 on CL but would just like it gone asap. 

1. I am being completely serious and honest. There is a way to do it and it was briefly mentioned recently. I'm not being a dick and trying to get you to waste your time looking for something that isn't there.

2. What chnandler said. 

1. I am being completely serious and honest. There is a way to do it and it was briefly mentioned recently. I'm not being a dick and trying to get you to waste your time looking for something that isn't there.

2. What chnandler said.
not saying you are a dick or anything. i browsed the last 2 pages, saw a guy returning games bought by credit and getting cash. is that what you referring to?

as for chnandler, i blocked that mofo loooong time ago.

not saying you are a dick or anything. i browsed the last 2 pages, saw a guy returning games bought by credit and getting cash. is that what you referring to?

as for chnandler, i blocked that mofo loooong time ago.
TFW when you know you've made a difference in your community...

Do you guys think GS would ship an item from another GS store that's like several hundred miles away, to my store for me to buy? I've had them ship stuff from like 50-80 miles away, but never over 100 miles away.

Do you guys think GS would ship an item from another GS store that's like several hundred miles away, to my store for me to buy? I've had them ship stuff from like 50-80 miles away, but never over 100 miles away.
The chance is less likely for that long of a distance, but it's definitely worth asking the store about.

I tried checking out the vr section at best buy but they closed half an hour early.

Can anyone give me their impressions on batman vr? Not sure if I want to keep that or stick with the demos/eve/100 ft robot till the next time I can check things out

I've asked this question before, and the general consensus was that, it seems to be a very complicated process where the new store will have to call the original store before they could do anything. So it's probably YMMV if you have a nice manager, or it will end up being a hassle.

The thing I'm thinking is, is it possible to add to an existing preorder from a different store in a new store?
Blackrock....I love the batman signature video (I laughed so freakin hard) but the other one may be a bit too much.

Depends, if it's not available for order online they might. The furthest I have had stuff sent was from Kansas to New York

Probably. I've gotten stuff shipped from Florida and Texas to Ohio for me.

Gamestop has a promo for $30 off BLOPS3 when you pre-order Infinite Warfare.  Does anyone know if this will work on used copies?  I'm actually looking for Xbox One which would make it $15 after coupon.  I'm guessing it probably won't since the PS4 version is only $20 right now.

Gamestop has a promo for $30 off BLOPS3 when you pre-order Infinite Warfare. Does anyone know if this will work on used copies? I'm actually looking for Xbox One which would make it $15 after coupon. I'm guessing it probably won't since the PS4 version is only $20 right now.
Save $30 Off a Pysical New Call of Duty: Black Ops III game with a New Physical Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Pre-Order!*

See The Applicable New Game Titles! Opens a New Window.

*While Supplies Last. Offer is valid on New Physical Copies of the Games and on the PlayStation 4 Only. Not Valid with other Offers, Digital or Pre-Owned Games. Offer Expires 10/10/2016.

Save $30 Off a Pysical New Call of Duty: Black Ops III game with a New Physical Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Pre-Order!*

See The Applicable New Game Titles! Opens a New Window.

*While Supplies Last. Offer is valid on New Physical Copies of the Games and on the PlayStation 4 Only. Not Valid with other Offers, Digital or Pre-Owned Games. Offer Expires 10/10/2016.
So what you're saying is YMMV, but there is a chance! YESSS!!!

So what you're saying is YMMV, but there is a chance! YESSS!!!
giphy.gif

Is a the USB/charge cable required when trading in a Playstation 4?  I don't want to have to include mine in the trade if I don't have to.  Also sorry if the question is dumb or should've been asked elsewhere but I just can't find the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back