GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone tell me how the birthday coupon works? I have one for 20% off 1 preowned game. I was looking at a used copy of Forza Horizon 3 which is $48. If I am pro does it stack and give me 30% off making the game $33.60??
It would be 30% off $52.99, not $48. It's priced to be 20% less than new after PUR 10% is taken off.

If they take the percentages off sequentially, you'll end up getting 28% off the nominal price after 10% for PUR and 20% off from the coupon.

That sounds about right, unless you used any $ off certs with it. That amount is removed from the total first (before this coupon), and then the 20% off is taken from the remaining total. It reduces the effectiveness of the coupon, but there isn't much you can do about it.
Wrong. It goes 20% then $$ off then 10% for PUR.

nice. If I trade in my PS4 controller, no mans sky and Pokémon omega ruby id get $93, put $5 on COD and use the $88 remaining on whatever. The bonus applies to controllers too?
Correct, even though it states it pertains to games only . Other cag's can confirm as some have already traded in accessories/controllers as stated in previous posts.

Got hit with the ban stick I'd guess. Been informed that I've exceeded the trade limits. Anyone know if that is a 90 day ban? Or does it vary?

Got hit with the ban stick I'd guess. Been informed that I've exceeded the trade limits. Anyone know if that is a 90 day ban? Or does it vary?
I think 90 day is standard, since my first ban was 90 days. The thing you shouldn't do is go and ask GS how long the ban is. Try a trade in after 30, 60, and 90 I guess.

1) why is a wired 360 controller worth 2X TIV over a wireless controller?

2) when trading in a 360 play N charge kit, is it just the cable that connects the controller to the console?

Im late to the party...

how do you get this $20 coupon?
PUR_ProOffer_GearsofWar4_20Coupon_bonusLG.jpg

The ad on the website says pre-order and purchase by 10/15 so it looks like you have to have pre-ordered it in order to get the coupon on 10/18.
Me ask employee about it today and he wasn't entirely sure. We finally concluded that pre-ordering was necessary and the game had to be picked up by the 15th. Me just wait till black Friday...

Well I am about to go over $1000 credit threshold for the last 30 days tonight. Hope they didn't lower the threshold to $1000 because of the 50%. Will report back if I am banned or not.

1) why is a wired 360 controller worth 2X TIV over a wireless controller?

2) when trading in a 360 play N charge kit, is it just the cable that connects the controller to the console?
1) Because thanks to its PC compatibility, there's an actual demand for used wired controllers.

2) Can't help you there.

BF 1 Deluxe Edition. Also have the $10 EA Pro Gaming Pass coupon for $30 off total (yes the coupons stack.)
I understand why you would know they stack but that has been confirmed to you that they will? The reason I ask is I'd like to know ahead of time. 30$ day 1 for BF or Titanfall beats gcu and 10$ in rz points.

I've been on a 90 day ban since the end of July.  I called Customer Service to ask for details and was told that bans are initiated per the DM's discretion.  I think that's why results are all over the board and the trade limit seems to fluctuate.

When I was banned it was during a cash same as credit promo and I think I brought attention to myself because I got into a disagreement over the values in the app versus the values online.  One of the employees must have passed on my account to the DM and the rest is history.  And I don't think I hit $1000 in cash or trade credit.  

my guess is during inventory they discovered the original case disappeared (stolen) and made that substitute. Why they wouldnt just convert it to used instead, I don't know. But I've seen similar since the PS2 era.

anybody know the refurb fee for an xbox one console? also, if the controller is beat up too, will i get 2 refurb fees or just the one? ive got an old scratched up console and a controller with worn down analog sticks. might as well give them the beat up controller too if im getting the refurb fee anyway.

I've been on a 90 day ban since the end of July. I called Customer Service to ask for details and was told that bans are initiated per the DM's discretion. I think that's why results are all over the board and the trade limit seems to fluctuate.

When I was banned it was during a cash same as credit promo and I think I brought attention to myself because I got into a disagreement over the values in the app versus the values online. One of the employees must have passed on my account to the DM and the rest is history. And I don't think I hit $1000 in cash or trade credit.
I got banned during the same as credit too. 90 days is almost over.

Funny thing is no Ebay and Gas gift card purchases with trade credit was already enough to curb my trading drastically.

I've been trade banned as well, I fear mine is the worst, I got the message June 2nd and I tried my first time last week, got the same message

Nothing has changed.  Over $2K of credit is an auto ban by the system.  Anything less is DM initiated which has always been within their discretionary authority to do so.  Anybody that got hit with a DM ban is basically on notice for that particular district.  This is not to pile on but you need to learn to be more discreet with your trades.  If I try to trade 4 copies of the same game to the same store, the same employees are bound to notice I'm trading in the same title on different days just to get around the rules.  Any junior detective worth half his salt will notice you are being a blatant flipper and won't hesitate to narc you out. 

Microsoft store currently has Forza 5 Day one edition on sale for 5 with free shipping.

Flips to gamestop for 7 before any bonuses if any of you want to make a tiny profit or just want the game in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back