GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just running through the unfinished results that are popping up on the query and comparing bases from yesterday:

Mario Color Splash $25 - $27

Pokken Tournament $25 - $27

Mario Maker $25 - $27

Super Smash Bros $22 - $25

Mario Kart 8 $20 - $25

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse $13 - $15

Usually when you find stuff like that it's customers that leave something that they didn't trade in. There isn't anything that we are told to throw out.
I would find a lot of games and accessories (New Turtle Beach Headphones sometimes) with gamestop price tags on them that said "Field Destroy"

I had one game on my saved list that actually dropped,  Bravely Second went for 18 to 15 base.

Kirby Planet Robobot went up from 18 - 20

I think GTA V Actually went up a dollar or two as well.

Just running through the unfinished results that are popping up on the query and comparing bases from yesterday:

Mario Color Splash $25 - $27

Pokken Tournament $25 - $27

Mario Maker $25 - $27

Super Smash Bros $22 - $25

Mario Kart 8 $20 - $25

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse $13 - $15
With the Switch announcement looming and rumors of Mario Maker, SSB, and Mario Kart 8 being ported to it with improvements, I'm tempted to trade all my still-unplayed Wii U copies in with the 50% coupon... :whistle2:k

Did I read correctly from someone a few pages back. Can anyone confirm if the PUR 50% coupon works on Retro Systems? I know these promos typically do not work on systems, but I could have sworn someone mentioned it worked for them.

Did I read correctly from someone a few pages back. Can anyone confirm if the PUR 50% coupon works on Retro Systems? I know these promos typically do not work on systems, but I could have sworn someone mentioned it worked for them.
It doesn't even work on retro games so I highly doubt systems are included

I only got offered the card once right before black friday. I have seen stacks behind the register at every store since then but never have given any more. I'm tempted to swing by late at night and check to see if they throw them away.
I was given a card on 12/30, just dated and a signature, no store address written in.

After reading reviews on best buy for the PS4 Pro (1484 reviews 96% recommended) I would just about trade my launch ps4 in towards the pro at $175. Trouble is 9 months ago I had to take it apart to scratch the plate that makes contact with the disc eject touch sensitive button to stop random disc ejects but other night out of the blue it happened again. I hate touch sensitive buttons and next time it does it I'm going to take it apart again and put a piece of black electrical tape over it making the button useless but don't matter since I can disc eject using the controller. The little void stickers I peeled off are barely noticeable because I put them back just as they were so they'd probably accept it since it works perfect and still looks new. I don't have a 4k tv though but after reading reviews people say even on 1080p smoother framerates and faster load times make it worth it.

After reading reviews on best buy for the PS4 Pro (1484 reviews 96% recommended) I would just about trade my launch ps4 in towards the pro at $175. Trouble is 9 months ago I had to take it apart to scratch the plate that makes contact with the disc eject touch sensitive button to stop random disc ejects but other night out of the blue it happened again. I hate touch sensitive buttons and next time it does it I'm going to take it apart again and put a piece of black electrical tape over it making the button useless but don't matter since I can disc eject using the controller. The little void stickers I peeled off are barely noticeable because I put them back just as they were so they'd probably accept it since it works perfect and still looks new. I don't have a 4k tv though but after reading reviews people say even on 1080p smoother framerates and faster load times make it worth it.
I am really hoping it's just an issue with the blu rays discs I got (got em from Amazon France; game of thrones box set), but I've been having some issues with my Pro recognizing them. Sometimes it will load immediately and play them, other times it will show the title of the blu ray and I'll launch it and it will just get stuck in an endless loop loading. This has happened about 50% of the time. I haven't tested it out on any other blu rays movies, but I hadn't had any issues with games previous to this happening so I'm hoping it's just an issue with the Pro having some trouble with that particular boxed set.

Load times still suck, and playing final fantasy xv makes this painfully obvious.

I can't really tell the difference in regards to framerate, but then again I hadn't played any other PS4/X1/PC games for like a year before getting this.

Also keep in mind that despite these being physical buttons on the Pro, it is no PS3 slim. That had to be one of the best built playstation consoles, aesthetics wise and functionality wise.

If I were to choose again, I would have probably just got the regular uncharted bundle (mainly cuz if anything goes wrong, I'm out $400).

Load times still suck, and playing final fantasy xv makes this painfully obvious.
im guessing you didnt play final fantasy xv on a regular ps4, load times are much worse. also, especially with ff xv, looks so much better on pro with a 4k tv with hdr.

I went to trade in a new 3DS XL last week and the first store said they required a charger (which I didn't have), so I left and ended up going to a different store with the charger and when I asked the guy said I didn't need it. So the answer is it's up to the store lol.
NEW 3DS family DOES NOT need a charger, while the original 3DS family & 2DS DOES need a charger as that's how they're sold new. Any store that does it differently is going against what they're supposed to do or is confused.

NEW 3DS family DOES NOT need a charger, while the original 3DS family & 2DS DOES need a charger as that's how they're sold new. Any store that does it differently is going against what they're supposed to do or is confused.
That's how they're sold new. Although if you purchase preowned at gamestop it includes a charger. I'm pretty sure you need a charger, you just got lucky.

Does GS match their own website? I wanna get the Lady Deadpool, online it's $30 but in store have a sticker of $50. I guess I can always price check it.

Is Pro Day still going on?
Is it? I need to renew. My pro expired and I found out the DM in my district is no longer with the company.

I'm back gamestop, miss me?

b88d89766f70cf9095f2f5b65c756c5721c2b55303a265a5255bc5ba01c0c85c_1.gif

No, it's not. They are not suppose to PM any item whether it's on their website or not. Whatever the price is on the registers, that's the price it's suppose to be and online price may differ. Now some employees may choose to PM it but that is not policy.
Right, that's why I said it's YMMV. It helps to be friendly with them, but I certainly wouldn't expect it.

I have one if those 50% trade in bonus Gamestop codes if anyone wants 1. All I ask is that if it benefits you big, and you feel generous, hook a guy up with $10 eshop so I can get some 3ds dlc :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back