GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I personally wouldn't do that if I were you. I've had a whole bunch of employees tell me that you have to put the full amount down - that corporate doesn't want them putting $5 down any more. We all know that the computers allow it to happen, so it can be frustrating. I get that. But honestly, you should probably just take the L today and try to lay low. Go to another Gamestop if you have to. If you want a long a profitable relationship with Gamestop, it's better to not draw unnecessary attention to yourself. Reporting to a DM over this is unnecessary attention IMO.
So GS corporate wants more trade-ins but doesn't like the idea of people preordering for less than full price so they can come back and trade more? Makes sense.

Sorry should of been more clear it was the PS3 version that got boosted. Not the first time either, there was a pricing and TIV error that happened I think the end of September for a lot of games and BFBC 2 was selling for $2.99 and trading in for like $10-$12.
I think I bought Bad Company in 2015 or 2016 for like $1.99.

Yeah, it seems like people sometimes just get unlucky and run into those types. My dialogue is always:

(as they're scanning in my trades)
me: "I'd like to pre-order a game also"
associate: "okay, what game would you like"
me: "Resident Evil 7"
associate: "okay, how much would you like to put down?"
me: "$10"
associate: "okay no problem"

Never mention the bump
Just want to say that I didn't , the manager put words in my mouth.

I decided to swing by the house and get my trades done. The guy asked if I wanted to preorder one of the 20% bump games for the bump(which was nice, rarely do I get associates nowadays that try and help), I said no but I would like to preorder binding of isaac rebirth on switch. It's always fun seeing that look when they realize after the full game preorder I still came out almost $50 ahead of my non bumped values.

Side note, I was told at this Gamestop they are *wink wink expecting* a few extra units per store on launch day. Best Buy told me the same thing. So if you are trying to get a Switch it sounds like it's probably worth it to swing by a few at the midnight launch.

Anyone thinking of holding out until next weekend for a possible stealth bump?
50% trade boost goes until 2/26.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if the other $7.99 item the screen protection kit is on the list.

Soooo r the chances of a stealth bump this wknd high o_O

Here are the cheapest things that can be preordered for the bump.

Switch Joy-Con Strap Gray sku:141829 $7.99
Switch clean and protect kit Sku: 139379 $7.99
Switch game traveler case mini bundle sku: 141730 $9.99
Switch Joy-Con Armor Guards sku: 139399 $14.99
Switch Joy-Con Comfort Grip (red 141810 and black 141738) $14.99
Switch Zelda Premium Console Case sku:139385 $14.99

Anyone thinking of holding out until next weekend for a possible stealth bump?
50% bump goes until 2/26.
I had atleast two trips worth of stuff to trade. I went ahead today and did my first one. I have to wait till the 25th of this month for my rolling 30 days on a few of my second trips items. I didn't want to get cut off prematurely.

I don't want to wait. I'm looking at a fast $200 if I get it over with today. Besides, all this crap is cluttering up my bedroom.
Same here, I have some games and accessories I'm going to trade towards a PS4. Hopefully with the 40% extra trade for pro members going on right now I can snag the Uncharted 4 bundle that's on sale. If not, I'll just hang onto it all and wait.

Paid off Switch console, Zelda standard, marvel vs capcom, joy con charging grip, and kingdom hearts 1.5+2.5 ps4

gotta love these trade in bonuses turned 74 into 170

Refused service.
Manager scans games.
I say I want to put $5 down on a switch game.
He says why? Why do you want to preorder just for the bonus? Nope.
I can't take your trade and voids the transaction.
I saw on the screen the promo applied.
He voided it. Said I was trading in to just get the bonus.
That's unacceptable, they should take the trade. No excuses.

Plus it would boost their trade numbers.

Refused service.
Manager scans games.
Same thing just happened to me. I didn't realize the wrist strap thing would count towards the bump so I asked to put down 5 bucks on zelda. Guy tells me you have to put the full amount.

I didn't feel like arguing with this guy especially since he was the only one working at the time so I just put down the full amount. Still got over $100 in trades and I'll just swing by tomorrow and cancel the pre oder to get the rest back

So GS corporate wants more trade-ins but doesn't like the idea of people preordering for less than full price so they can come back and trade more? Makes sense.
I didn't say it was logical :p

I'm just saying that I've heard that line before about having to put down the full amount in order to get the trade-in bonus. Better to live to fight another day than it is to make a big deal out of it and draw attention to yourself.

Refused service.
Manager scans games.
I'm afraid of this happening to me. I don't want to got the store with the mean manager but I might since it's convenient to go to that store.

Yeah, it seems like people sometimes just get unlucky and run into those types. My dialogue is always:

(as they're scanning in my trades)

me: "I'd like to pre-order a game also"

associate: "okay, what game would you like"

me: "Resident Evil 7"

associate: "okay, how much would you like to put down?"

me: "$10"

associate: "okay no problem"

Never mention the bump
Good advice but I'll tell them about it if I see a mistake.

My trade in went great. I forgot my $5 coupon and he was like "hey let's get you some more trade credit!" *scans*

Gonna leave a good review for that.

My trade in went great. I forgot my $5 coupon and he was like "hey let's get you some more trade credit!" *scans*

Gonna leave a good review for that.
Nobody loves me enough to give me a coupon. I was at a random store last Friday and did a test trade. They had a huge stack of them behind the touch pad for credit cards. Before I was done with my trade I was like "Oh, what are these things?" They said it was for them to hand out to ppl for the next time the did a trade.... I blank stared at them....chirps......

Apparently I'm not people.

Nobody loves me enough to give me a coupon. I was at a random store last Friday and did a test trade. They had a huge stack of them behind the touch pad for credit cards. Before I was done with my trade I was like "Oh, what are these things?" They said it was for them to hand out to ppl for the next time the did a trade.... I blank stared at them....chirps......

Apparently I'm not people.
Forgot to

Ve1Vq.gif

I was pretty bummed on the selection of games to flip for me today :\ No stores had used NBA 2K17, PES 2017, or Bioshock Collection for XB1.

To top it off, neither of the 2 BBs had Fire Emblem Conquest :(

So I've got around $200 worth of stuff to trade (with the Switch bump). What's the best way for me to get max value and stay within the GameStop parameters? For example, could I preorder four $60 games, putting $5-$10 on each and paying for the rest with the trade value?

So I've got around $200 worth of stuff to trade (with the Switch bump). What's the best way for me to get max value and stay within the GameStop parameters? For example, could I preorder four $60 games, putting $5-$10 on each and paying for the rest with the trade value?
Just preorder one thing and put the minimum $5 down. That's all you need to do. The rest can go on a trade card.

The only exception is if you're trying to trade in multiple and need to do it in separate transactions. In which case you can just add another $5 to the existing preorder.

I wish Pro Controllers were still up for pre-order.  I wouldn't even return it.  Went to a gamestop a week ago and asked if I could pre-order one and the guy told me that the store sold out of it but he could order me one through gamestop.com....no thanks.  Which controller do you think will get a quicker price drop, the Pro Controller ($69.99) or the extra set of Joy-Cons ($79.99)?

Store dude charged me $4 fee per game for not having the boxes. Also told me the $5 card can only be used at the store it was given out. Is this a new policy?

My trade of ~$300 went fine tonight, although I wish the Pro Controller was still available for pre-order in store :( Ended up just pre-ordering a screen protector.

Just preorder one thing and put the minimum $5 down. That's all you need to do. The rest can go on a trade card.

The only exception is if you're trying to trade in multiple and need to do it in separate transactions. In which case you can just add another $5 to the existing preorder.
How exactly does the trade card work? Can I just use it to pay for any GameStop purchases?

How exactly does the trade card work? Can I just use it to pay for any GameStop purchases?
It works exactly the same as a gift card, except that they have to key it in slightly differently into the register. Or maybe not anymore, since they updated the POS system in stores.

But either way, for you it's the same process.

Assuming that the 50% bump for Switch game preorders is true, can Has Been Heroes which is $19.99 be used to do a preorder? I guess none of us will know until the bump is actually applied.
Tonight, I was able to preorder Has Been Heroes at one store and Binding of Isaac at another store with only $5 down on each game. I cleared $80 in credit at the first store and $121.60 at the second store. Both amounts included the preorder amounts that I plan to move over to preorder copies of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 for PS4 and Xbox One in a week or so. Not bad for a half hour invested after work. And for the record, neither associate knew anything about the 60% bump. They seemed to be happy to get the trade-ins right before close. My only regret is that I've hit my four copy limit on some of those games that I have numerous copies of and can't flip again until mid-March. My advice to any flippers is the same as the other guy who posted earlier today - just trade normally and casually mention that you want to do a Switch game or accessory preorder. Bantering also helps.

Did a b2g1 with last guardian, Pokemon sun, and kid Icarus uprising. Traded Pokemon back for $32. I've been wanting kid icarus and it will probably never be cheap.

Unfortunately the last guardian is a destroyed label copy that was clearly a Redbox copy someone ripped the center sticker off of. I'll have to exchange.

Sega Saturn disc didn't count for the 50% bonus. It seems like some retro games don't count. It was Daytona USA championship edition. Easy find for $10 trades for $30.

Can anyone pm the pic of the $5 GS trade in bonus coupon? I've looked at the last 20 pages but can't find it.

Also for those that have Spiderman copies, I would trade those in ASAP. I'm expecting a nuke either tomorrow, if not for sure by Friday. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back