GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.reddit.com/r/GameStop/comments/5uqcmf/pro_day/

giphy.gif

lol, this guy just doesn't know when to stop.

As cringeworthy as his posts are, I always seem to be amused/surprised how much he ridiculizes himself.... Talk about self-loathing lol.

I remember a while back ago, I saw a couple of videos of a fat, douchy, grown-ass man being disrespectful to several people, the first while parking on a forbidden spot and the second while stuffing his face.

Is the guy in question IATCG?

I don't believe in waiting things out for possible bumps. 9 times out of ten the values stay the same or they drop as stock increases.

There are weird outliers like games nobody knew would be in demand or rare but nobody can predict those.
A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

lol, this guy just doesn't know when to stop.

As cringeworthy as his posts are, I always seem to be amused/surprised how much he ridiculizes himself.... Talk about self-loathing lol.

I remember a while back ago, I saw a couple of videos of a fat, douchy, grown-ass man being disrespectful to several people, the first while parking on a forbidden spot and the second while stuffing his face.

Is the guy in question IATCG?
I posted those. They were unlisted videos on his account. He was showing everyone what a vigilante he was on a daily basis. It was so cringey.

I'm going to move about $160 dollars of various anime games from Gamestop to Best Buy. I'll let you know how it goes. The 30% of definitely worked.

How likely are the chances for the anime games currently on sale (Digimon Cyber Sleuth, Sword Art Online: Lost Song, etc...) to boost up in value farther down the road after the sale ends? I know I can return them but I want to avoid shifting unnecessary inventory or affect employees COL numbers.

Hoping to purchase a few to, hopefully, boomerang them a couple of weeks from now.

How likely are the chances for the anime games currently on sale (Digimon Cyber Sleuth, Sword Art Online: Lost Song, etc...) to boost up in value farther down the road after the sale ends? I know I can return them but I want to avoid shifting unnecessary inventory or affect employees COL numbers.

Hoping to purchase a few to, hopefully, boomerang them a couple of weeks from now.
I just think that Gamestop lowered them in price to get rid of them and they'll only be selling use copies for around $20 used. I think they're going to go down in value.

None of that changes the fact that this is like the 2nd or 3rd time that you've called someone out for not reading the thread, and then proceeded to ask a stupid question that has already been answered dozens of times. Quit getting snippy with people and then flaming others when they throw it back in your face
If you read I literally said once that i has gotten snippy then asked a dumb question. But maybe you should read too.

If you read I literally said once that i has gotten snippy then asked a dumb question. But maybe you should read too.
Instead of continuing can we agree to disagree? Let's move on and be helpful to each other. I do this all day on this forum, you can too. We are ultimately here to help each other or receive help in some form whether it's from Blackbeard or dealseeker in the Amazon topic. Let's not forget we all started from the bottom, now look at us.

I'm going to move about $160 dollars of various anime games from Gamestop to Best Buy. I'll let you know how it goes. The 30% of definitely worked.
Well that didn't work out. The games rang up to be around $120 at best buy. I guess be returning some later. Does the employee I bought them from or does the employee I return the to take the hit?

Did you not check the values online first?
Yeah. I picked up a couple of copies but of xenoverse 2 xb1 and ps4, NBA 2k17 ps4, narouto 4 xb1 and ps4, and takes of Berseria. I checked the values and saw that they were lower then posted on the screen shot of the spreadsheet a couple pages back on this thread. But I figured there was something I was missing. I probably could use a new link to the spreadsheet. The old one I hung on to only has Starlord flipping me off. Good for a laugh but bad for trade in values.

Yeah. I picked up a couple of copies but of xenoverse 2 xb1 and ps4, NBA 2k17 ps4, narouto 4 xb1 and ps4, and takes of Berseria. I checked the values and saw that they were lower then posted on the screen shot of the spreadsheet a couple pages back on this thread. But I figured there was something I was missing. I probably could use a new link to the spreadsheet. The old one I hung on to only has Starlord flipping me off. Good for a laugh but bad for trade in values.
Not sure if you're trolling or not? Who bases their flip game on a screenshot of an old list? That's a special cup of stupid.

Anyways, for future reference:

Best Buy Trade Values

Gamestop Trade Values

Walmart Trade Values

Target Trade Values

And lastly, here's a link to the Spreadsheet

Not sure if you're trolling or not? Who bases their flip game on a screenshot of an old list? That's a special cup of stupid.

Anyways, for future reference:

Best Buy Trade Values

Gamestop Trade Values

Walmart Trade Values

Target Trade Values

And lastly, here's a link to the Spreadsheet
I wish I was trolling. I thought the flips were moving from gamestop to best buy. It was the other way around. Someone cleared that up for me earkier. I'm learning alot these past few days. Thanks for posting these links!

(I know it's the GS thread but it's all tied to Best Buy) Can we still buy Disney gift cards at Best Buy with Best Buy gift cards?  I know we can't buy visas at either store but I was uncertain about Disney GC's at Best Buy.   Thanks in advance.

The MSRP of most of the $9.99 games if you can find them at other stores now is $19.99. For instance, I bought a new copy of Digimon Cyber Sleuth for PS4 from Toys R Us for $19.99 right before Christmas. Therefore, it's likely that those won't rise in value the same way that a Pokémon game might even though they're all anime-based. The only exception in my mind are the more expensive Naruto games. GameStop often charges more for pre-owned copies of Naruto games as they go out of print.

Just want to give a shout out to Blackbeard did a bunch of my trades today. Had to hold a few copies of Conquest titanfall and Spider-Man because the employees were getting a little jr detectivey. But thanks a lot and thanks to the people thatve been patient with me and a few I wasn't as patient with sorry! This is a great resource so I guess sorry for being a dick.

Just want to give a shout out to Blackbeard did a bunch of my trades today. Had to hold a few copies of Conquest titanfall and Spider-Man because the employees were getting a little jr detectivey. But thanks a lot and thanks to the people thatve been patient with me and a few I wasn't as patient with sorry! This is a great resource so I guess sorry for being a dick.
I agree. I appreciate the hard work on this thread. Despite my recent blunders I've been able to flip quite a few copies of Titanfall 2 and others. I even managed cancel the 9 copies of the original Titanfall I ordered in haste. Does blackbeard have an account we can kick donations to as a thanks? Thanks again.

Heading out in a minute to dump my copies of Conquest along with my last Assassin's Creed: Ezio Collection. I hope they don't look at my preorder history and give me crap about having preorders at two stores. But the Switch preorder bump is coming along at the right time since I need about $70 in PSN credit for the current flash sale.

Hey blackbeard4886 can you still use 2 day xbox live codes?  I got one with the NHL 17 I flipped and I imagine a lot of us have em with no real use for em.  Might be a good way for the people that don't donate via paypal to give back.

Accessory query is tied to their internal system now. We can stop wondering what the going rate for controllers and AC adapters are. There are a few still I can't get matching prices for (although some really do not tie back to a specific product ex PS4 Wired Controller) but I will continue to see what I can do about it. Now on to future proofing BB queries!

Did anyone know they took 40GB, 80GB, & 320GB PS3 HDDs as trade?

They still take the old X1 controllers even though they don't show in the app or website. They just have to look them up and it's apparently not as easy as before. $22 base value like most of the other ones.

First run at $230. 3 more to go! Hoping to pay off a switch a few games and accessories to go with it, a 3ds, and a psvr by end of the weekend. Thanks everybody for all the knowledge contributed to this thread.

To that one person who has mentioned it... The GS app logging you out does not neccesassarily mean a trade ban. It has logged me out a few times and not during a trade ban. Probably just happens after an (auto)update to the app or something.

Did anyone know they took 40GB, 80GB, & 320GB PS3 HDDs as trade?
No idea whatsoever but now we do!

Quick question though, do they only consider 40gb, 80gb and 320gb respectively or do they also consider the 160gb and 500gb HDDs? I have a spare 500gb which I may unload soon.

EDIT: Nevermind, I searched the spreadsheet and it seems only those 3 give a value. Too bad the TIV values suck :(

No idea whatsoever but now we do!

Quick question though, do they only consider 40gb, 80gb and 320gb respectively or do they also consider the 160gb and 500gb HDDs? I have a spare 500gb which I may unload soon.
Those are the only ones I have seen so far. TIV are not worth it though $1 for the 40/80 GB drives and $4 for the 320GB

They still take the old X1 controllers even though they don't show in the app or website. They just have to look them up and it's apparently not as easy as before. $22 base value like most of the other ones.
Xbox One Wireless Controller with 3.5mm Headset Jack Xbox One 114078
Xbox One Wireless Controller - Microsoft Xbox One 900136

I found these from a log from September, the one highlighted in yellow doesn't show up anymore, is that the one you are talking about?

Just checked the SKU it doesn't exist anymore.

Crazy night for me. I went to an estate Warehouse place next to my house because my dad was looking for a new stereo receiver. It turns out they got about 300 loose disc games. Most of them were for Xbox 360 with a few Xbox One, and wii games as well. I spent $48, each game was $2, and with the switch bonus I came out with $350 in GS credit. After I got home, I realised I left $75 credit on the table over 6 games, because the estate store was closing and I didn't have time to check TIV.

Yesterday I traded 43 games, 2 controllers, and a retro system for $263 total. Used that to pick up the PS4 Uncharted 4 bundle and two games with the B1G1 30% off used PS4 (and XB1) games. Glad I didn't try to wait for a trade bump, I would've lost out on two good deals. The code for the 40% extra credit towards a new system had to be entered manually. I know someone mentioned it a few posts back, so just wanted to confirm.

Yesterday I traded 43 games, 2 controllers, and a retro system for $263 total. Used that to pick up the PS4 Uncharted 4 bundle and two games with the B1G1 30% off used PS4 (and XB1) games. Glad I didn't try to wait for a trade bump, I would've lost out on two good deals. The code for the 40% extra credit towards a new system had to be entered manually. I know someone mentioned it a few posts back, so just wanted to confirm.
You could've received a 60% bonus instead of the 40% if you put it towards a Switch item pre-order

Did you type those correctly? Sound like you traded in 43 games for $5 apiece

You could've received a 60% bonus instead of the 40% if you put it towards a Switch item pre-order
Yeah. You could have just put $5 on a Switch game or accessory and just cancel it if you don't want it. You missed out on a good bonus.

Did you type those correctly? Sound like you traded in 43 games for $5 apiece
Flash15: That hadn't crossed my mind at all. I was so focused on the 40% extra towards a new system that I missed the boat. Nobody's fault but mind for leaving trade-in credit on the table. :wall:

Biggquis: Yeah I did type it correctly, sorry that it looks weird. I traded in 37 PS3 games, 6 Xbox 360 games, a Dualshock 3 wireless controller, a retro game system, and retro system controller. The base tiv of the games and accessories I traded in were $2-12. Games worth less than $2 in trade value are the ones I kept. :wall:

Edit: Wait just a blasted minute! I'm allowing myself to get roasted over an extra 10% had I traded in my stuff towards Switch pre-orders to trigger the 50% bonus? I got 40% extra plus the standard 10% for Pro members when I traded towards the PS4 bundle.

Crazy night for me. I went to an estate Warehouse place next to my house because my dad was looking for a new stereo receiver. It turns out they got about 300 loose disc games. Most of them were for Xbox 360 with a few Xbox One, and wii games as well. I spent $48, each game was $2, and with the switch bonus I came out with $350 in GS credit. After I got home, I realised I left $75 credit on the table over 6 games, because the estate store was closing and I didn't have time to check TIV.
You have great self control. When I used to hit yard sales, I'd buy anything game related except stuff that reeked of cigarette smoke. I'm more discerning now since I could potentially end up with a bunch of worthless stuff. But good pickup nonetheless. How many rewards points does a trade in like that get you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back