GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the bonus $5 generic coupon Blackbeard posted still work? Does it stack with the 60% bonus?

Sorry if this the millionth time it's been asked, haven't seen mention of it in a few pages. Thanks.

A week from now, target will have a b2g1 free sale. You could go get two games you want and a copy of the black ops triple as your free game and then take it to gs for the trade in. You'll have to take your receipt back the following sunday for the price adjustment. Just an idea.

The TIV for a Nintendo 64 right now is $30 , so if i preorder a screen protector for the switch does that means that I will get $45 for the N64 with the extra 50%? And even if I preorder that only thing will I get 50% if I trade let's say 10 or 20 more things ?

The TIV for a Nintendo 64 right now is $30 , so if i preorder a screen protector for the switch does that means that I will get $45 for the N64 with the extra 50%? And even if I preorder that only thing will I get 50% if I trade let's say 10 or 20 more things ?
No. For one it works on games and accessories only for two a few people have said that retro games/systems more often then not do not qualify for extra percentage offers for whatever reason.

As for your second question. Just put 5 dollars down on Zelda for switch and you will get the 50 percent bonus on and games and accessories traded. Just remember if its retro games thought that some of them get bonus and others dont. Seems very hit or miss.

If anyone is thinking about trading in retro titles for the boost, it doesn't apply to them.

I however, will gladly offer you a boost if you have anything. Hit me up via pm.

Does the bonus $5 generic coupon Blackbeard posted still work? Does it stack with the 60% bonus?

Sorry if this the millionth time it's been asked, haven't seen mention of it in a few pages. Thanks.
Where do u get these $5 coupons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any certain games that work the best? Their prices are pretty high!
Yeah, they mostly seem to price their retro games based on the eBay selling price, but when you combine 10 percent off with B2G1 and your cheaply earned credit this is a great way to convert your credit into cash. Most games will work, though I mostly stick to cartridges because their disc game prices seem more closely aligned with complete game prices but you're probably just getting the disc.

X com 2 is 24 with GCU right now and trades for 19.25 pre bump for anyone moving more credit besides the handsome collection. Hoping Blackbeard updates the list today for GS to BB movers then take those ish back to GS.

X com 2 is 24 with GCU right now and trades for 19.25 pre bump for anyone moving more credit besides the handsome collection. Hoping Blackbeard updates the list today for GS to BB movers then take those ish back to GS.
looking at the prices for used games at gamestop, its going to be hard to find anything worthwhile without a buy 2 get 1 free coupon. their prices are so bad, and not much is on sale right now.

Yeah, they mostly seem to price their retro games based on the eBay selling price, but when you combine 10 percent off with B2G1 and your cheaply earned credit this is a great way to convert your credit into cash. Most games will work, though I mostly stick to cartridges because their disc game prices seem more closely aligned with complete game prices but you're probably just getting the disc.
Thanks, now if only the dumb GS app would let my order go through I'd be set!

looking at the prices for used games at gamestop, its going to be hard to find anything worthwhile without a buy 2 get 1 free coupon. their prices are so bad, and not much is on sale right now.
Yeah I tried to do some math and can't get much. It takes a few days to get a fresh b2g1 on a new PUR account right? Debating signing my gf up. But would need to be a good move.

If you want to maximize your money right now, snag some B2G1 retro games on GS and head to eBay.
INteresting. But no way to test the stuff to make sure it works before I sell it on Ebay. And I know from past experiences with buying from GS online that you get a lot of shoddy merchandise.

Still might dip my toes in the water.

So apparently Texas now charges tax on trade in credit use.... this happened to me yesterday when I went and traded in a few games and put money towards some preorders.

Sucks.... government always ruining things

Excellent.

Out of curiosity, do those of you in this thread have another way of converting your hundreds of dollars in credits to cash, or do you just eventually end up spending it on games to play?
Honestly, what I usually do is make preorders to get the trade bonuses and actually pay off and keep the preordered games. I just usually have the games sold on eBay ahead of time so that when I pick them up on release day they go straight to the post office. A few bucks lost in the process on average, but it's a drop in the bucket compared to what the trade bonuses earn me.

Excellent.

Out of curiosity, do those of you in this thread have another way of converting your hundreds of dollars in credits to cash, or do you just eventually end up spending it on games to play?
I buy hard to find games from GameStop if they're in good condition and PSN, Steam and Xbox Live cards. I'm currently trying to buy up the rest of the PS3 games that I've been looking for while their prices are still cheap. I've also been buying lots of action figures at GameStop while the buy 1, get 1 half off on clearance collectibles sale has been going. I like the DC Essentials and Marvel Legends figures, but they are too rich for my blood otherwise. I lucked out and found a Greg Capullo Batman figure on the clearance shelf at GameStop last night.

Wow still no good movers to BB still even with the 30%. Halo Wars 2 is the best with a $0.49 + tax loss.
Not sure why you thought there would be when BBs values are total shit and they just had a 50 percent bonus a few weeks ago and values werent that great then and this week its only a 30 percent boost soooo not sure what you were expecting

Not sure why you thought there would be when BBs values are total shit and they just had a 50 percent bonus a few weeks ago and values werent that great then and this week its only a 30 percent boost soooo not sure what you were expecting
Hey man, lay off the Blackest of Beards. Take that disrespect elsewhere.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Eat shit, Blackbeard is the only reason mother fuckers have decent GameStop flips around here.

Just optimistic thinking that there might be just one good expensive mover to BB. ;)

Does GameStop needs the cases or boxes for the games , the website says I don't need to have them and the TIV is the same, but what been your experience ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back