GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Does GameStop needs the cases or boxes for the games , the website says I don't need to have them and the TIV is the same, but what been your experience ?
No they dont, but there is also no reason to not trade them with the game either imo. I can see if your trading in a game without a case if you got a steelbook and want to keep the steelbook but to not trade in a case otherwise is kinda shitty to me.

What part of the license/ID are they actually entering into the computer when doing a trade in exactly? Is it the"DD" section? I hit a trade ban last month and do not want to miss out on the good action, so I am trying to understand if the trade ban is attach to the power up account, finger print, or information on the ID.

I do have my recently expired ID December 2016, and the "DD" information is different from my new license. If I were to attempt a trade in with this ID will the system stop me? 

Does GameStop needs the cases or boxes for the games , the website says I don't need to have them and the TIV is the same, but what been your experience ?
They've never stopped me from trading a game in sans case. Some jr detectives will give you shit though. I buy Redbox games and they get real salty over those.

I trade in games without the case all the time. If you want to keep the case its your case so keep it. For the most part I trade games in with the case simply to make the process easier. With the case the employee just scans the bar code for the game and the process goes faster. Without the case numerous scenarios occur. The employee types up the transaction (takes longer), cant find the game, puts in the wrong system for the game etc.

These are stores showing In Stock Gray Switches right now. These are the number of available units (Extras that are not pre-ordered) I am assuming the smaller stores only got 1-2 extra and the larger stores got 3 or more.

Newburgh T/C,1433 ROUTE 300,NEWBURGH NY 12550 - Low Stock (1-2)
Bryan Freedom Center,3203 Freedom Blvd. Suite 600,Bryan TX 77802 - Low Stock (1-2)
Target Kyle Crossing,5167 Kyle Center Dr Ste A,Kyle TX 78640 - In Stock (3 or more)
Brenham Crossroads,103 Hwy 290W,Brenham TX 77833 - In Stock (3 or more)
Lake Jackson,121 Hwy 332 W STE D,Lake Jackson TX 77566 - Low Stock (1-2)
Sunrise Mall,212 Sunrise Mall,Massapequa NY 11758 - In Stock (3 or more)

No they dont, but there is also no reason to not trade them with the game either imo. I can see if your trading in a game without a case if you got a steelbook and want to keep the steelbook but to not trade in a case otherwise is kinda shitty to me.
Could be that he doesn't have the cases to begin with. Maybe he got them from redbox.

No BOTW ME yet....

But I did find a few stores showing the SE in stock

Special Edition Stores with Stock:

Maple Hill Pavilion,5300 W MAIN ST,KALAMAZOO MI 49009 - Low Stock (1-2)
Vicksburg Plaza,2310 IOWA AVE,Vicksburg MS 39180 - Low Stock (1-2)

Standard Edition Stores with Stock:

Panola Centre,3054 PANOLA RD STE B,LITHONIA GA 30038 - In Stock (3 or More)
Oak Park Mall,11775 W 95TH ST,Overland Park KS 66214 - In Stock (3 or More)
Veterans Starbucks,2705 Veterans Memorial Blvd STE B,Kenner LA 70062 - In Stock (3 or More)

Wii U Version Stores with Stock:

College Mall EB,2872 E. THIRD STREET SPACE C-02,BLOOMINGTON IN 47401 - In Stock (3 or More)
Cunningham Place,1614 Fort Campbell Blvd,Clarksville TN 37042 - In Stock (3 or More)
Veterans Starbucks,2705 Veterans Memorial Blvd STE B,Kenner LA 70062 - In Stock (3 or More)
Are the stores with SE instock preorders or extras?

No BOTW ME yet....

But I did find a few stores showing the SE in stock

Special Edition Stores with Stock:

Maple Hill Pavilion,5300 W MAIN ST,KALAMAZOO MI 49009 - Low Stock (1-2)
Vicksburg Plaza,2310 IOWA AVE,Vicksburg MS 39180 - Low Stock (1-2)

Standard Edition Stores with Stock:

Wii U Version Stores with Stock:

College Mall EB,2872 E. THIRD STREET SPACE C-02,BLOOMINGTON IN 47401 - In Stock (3 or More)
Cunningham Place,1614 Fort Campbell Blvd,Clarksville TN 37042 - In Stock (3 or More)
Any stores in WI with the SE in stock?

If you want to move or transfer credit that's a great suggestion. However that is not a flip whatsoever in any possible definition of the word.
lol. You were confused what "flipping 6 copies of BF1 to turn $205 GS to $184 BB credit" meant?

Or you just being pedantic?

If you want to bulk transfer credit to Best Buy from GameStop, you would need a b2g1 coupon and snag 3 smartphones that even out. In December I bought 3 LG G5s for 600 total and got 600 from Best Buy. It's a nice bump for you Elite spending and you get a good chunk of point at GS and BBY. BBY trade values have been awful for more than half a year now.

If you want to bulk transfer credit to Best Buy from GameStop, you would need a b2g1 coupon and snag 3 smartphones that even out. In December I bought 3 LG G5s for 600 total and got 600 from Best Buy. It's a nice bump for you Elite spending and you get a good chunk of point at GS and BBY. BBY trade values have been awful for more than half a year now.
Bestbuy trade ins don't count for elite spending anymore

Just emptied my flip tote bag and now I'm heading to Qdoba to celebrate paying off my Switch for roughly $40 out of pocket.  Blackbeard we are forever in your debt.

Also while you're at GS don't forget to ask for the Bottlecap Pokemon card.  It maxes the stats on one of your pokemon (sun and moon only apparently).

What makes you say that?
i opened few copies of middle earth and dishonored. the cover plastic scar mark on it, back artcover has tear but plastic has no damage, another case has the small piece of yellow 19.99 label on top right. pretty sure most are preowned and then bb repack them.

pre-owned versions of MKX are slightly better flips than new from BB > GS.

:xb1: and :ps4: Mortal Kombat X (also) Phantom Pain from BB > GS w/50% bonus:

13.49 BB GCU > 24.00 GS
8.99 BB GCU > 19.20 GS

INteresting. But no way to test the stuff to make sure it works before I sell it on Ebay. And I know from past experiences with buying from GS online that you get a lot of shoddy merchandise.

Still might dip my toes in the water.
I hear ya. I sell a lot of games on eBay so I basically own every system for testing purposes.

Btw not sure if the chick didnt know wtf she was talking about but when I went into store closest to me to do last of my trades she said if you have anything else to trade in make aure you do it by the 28th for the 60 percent bonus. So not sure if she knows about the promo getting extended 2 days or not but just thought Id pass it along.

Stopped at another BB on the way home and was prepared to leave disappointed with only a couple flips, then I found one of those value bins that had everything...Spider-Man 2, Mordor, etc...jackpot!

There are spiderman 2 and mordors all over. I flipped 3 of each platform today and am done. Ive got every switch preorder set except a pro controller. Damn fine week for flips.

Quick question I didn't see with an answer... going to multiple gamestops today and preordering Mario to put $5 on each time and was wondering is the first store I put the deposit the store I have to pickup from or can I change it each time I put money down?

The b2g1 works on phones? Good to know. I wonder if there are any phones to do that with right now. I have 600 in GS credit and two switches at BBY. Shit

These are stores showing In Stock Gray Switches right now. These are the number of available units (Extras that are not pre-ordered) I am assuming the smaller stores only got 1-2 extra and the larger stores got 3 or more.

Newburgh T/C,1433 ROUTE 300,NEWBURGH NY 12550 - Low Stock (1-2)
Bryan Freedom Center,3203 Freedom Blvd. Suite 600,Bryan TX 77802 - Low Stock (1-2)
Target Kyle Crossing,5167 Kyle Center Dr Ste A,Kyle TX 78640 - In Stock (3 or more)
Brenham Crossroads,103 Hwy 290W,Brenham TX 77833 - In Stock (3 or more)
Lake Jackson,121 Hwy 332 W STE D,Lake Jackson TX 77566 - Low Stock (1-2)
Sunrise Mall,212 Sunrise Mall,Massapequa NY 11758 - In Stock (3 or more)

Any news with stores carrying the SE on TX?

Hey Blackbeard is there any way you can insert a tab on cellphone values between the stores? I can guesstimate but I don't know shit about phone values really.
That could take a few days to do as I have written no code to do electronics trades. I can look into it however.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back