GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Whaaaaaat? Pic?
a74eafca8156059ed5753d24abac2bab.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Wait, we got to wait in line for hours if we preordered one? I was planning on showing up at like 11-11:30

We can trade in at purchase right?

Wait, we got to wait in line for hours if we preordered one? I was planning on showing up at like 11-11:30

You should go now and get rung up then you can just walk in and get your stuff and go. Not sure what they do with preorders that need to be rung up, likely will have to wait until after the pre rings and before the people waiting in line without preorders

And no one is going to take trades at midnight, you should do that now also

You're going to trade in the Switch immediately? There is no trade value for it ATM. I'm 100% sure you can sell it in 5 mins to almost anyone within 100' of your GameStop.

Thats just for people who dont have a pre order (like me sadly). You should be able to just go in, get rung up for it, they'll give you a ticket, then come back later and get your stuff.

Thats just for people who dont have a pre order (like me sadly). You should be able to just go in, get rung up for it, they'll give you a ticket, then come back later and get your stuff.
Yes just did that. got there at 7:45 and was 8th out of 40ish.. had 4 extra

My wife is sitting in line to get one right now for me since we didn't preorder. I wasn't going to get it at launch but Gamestop just wanted to give me all this credit lol. Paid for it almost entirely in just dance trade ins. My home store is attached to a Buffalo Wild Wings though so she was happy to get wings and be away from the kids for the night lol. My store got 6 extra.

So did I miss out on all the bonus trade credit (specifically for consoles)?

No interest in Switch, but was hoping to get the big bonuses on PS4 or Xbox One fat trade, buy and return the switch , then buy a Pro with the store credit.

The 40% for games only towards NS games only seems to be a wash with how low the standard TIV of nearly all Xmas 2016 games are at the moment.

My wife is sitting in line to get one right now for me since we didn't preorder. I wasn't going to get it at launch but Gamestop just wanted to give me all this credit lol. Paid for it almost entirely in just dance trade ins. My home store is attached to a Buffalo Wild Wings though so she was happy to get wings and be away from the kids for the night lol. My store got 6 extra.
Some gamerdad you are lol

Must have been some regional manager at my store. Dude would not quit the shady car salesman upsell. Apparently you need a headset for your switch..

Anyway I got a pro controller which I'm happy about.

Went by my local GSes. Both required folks who lack system pre-orders to wait until midnight, so all I picked up at pre-ring was a pro controller.

So pretty much if we didn't preorder,
not willing to wait inside a Gamestop for 6 hours,
or ask our wives to wait for 6 hours... Then we ain't getting one.

Ahhh well

So i was talked into purchasing all of the Zelda amiibo. I've never been into that shit. Any reason i should keep em?
If you don't collect them or don't plan on playing Breath of the Wild, I wouldn't. There could be a short time that you could sell them on craigslist or ebay but I bet they will get restocked quickly.

Just putting it out there, but if you have a Meijer near you, they should have some to sell at midnight. I just came from buying some groceries and the guy in electronics said they have 15 to sell and I only saw 2 people waiting in line.

Anyone else gonna go see Logan tonight? Gotta pass the time somehow, and it's got excellent reviews.
At 8:40. Good chance I won't quite make it to GS to pickup my Switch. No big deal but the homies are jazzed to see it and Zelda of course. Gotta ride the full 90s nostalgia train!

Hope I can score a pro controller.

So how pissed are you guys gonna be when they come out with a pro controller with a headphone jack this fall? Especially after you dropped $70 for one now?

Anyone speak on how the COL changed effective this past Monday?
I overheard a conversation yesterday. Now that sales are part of it an employee was freaking out about transferring something to another store because that would take a sale away from them. It was collectible shit though that in most of the stores in my area just sit there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back