GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
wait 1 week for email response on missing item and gamestop give me this hahahaha

Dear

Thank you for contacting GameStop, we apologize for the delay in the response, if you still have issues or concerns, please give us a call at 1-800-883-8895, If your concerns has been solved already, please ignore this email.

Thank you for contacting GameStop Customer Care, and I hope you have a wonderful day.

Best Regards.

David V.
C10119
GameStop Customer Care.
giphy.gif

Finally got my trade credit back. They put it on my PUR card but I'll move it to a trade card next flipping opportunity.

Whoever mentioned going to a store to get the problem fixed was correct. I was finally told this on my 6th call to customer service. In store took about 45 minutes or so, they were on hold for like 35.
Yeah, it's crazy that the in-store phone line also has ridiculous wait times.

Thanks to the Switch deal I traded in Madden and Watch Dogs 2 and put $5 on Mario and got more than $10 extra in credit after the putting down the $5 and got a PS Plus 12-month card for $7.99 in cash. I never would have noticed I could do that if not for this site.

Know what really grinds my gears, Nintendo pulled a Capcom with MK8 Deluxe to no criticism.

I have the digital MK8 for Wii U and I have to purchase again to play the content unavailable for the OG version.

Really sucks

Know what really grinds my gears, Nintendo pulled a Capcom with MK8 Deluxe to no criticism.

I have the digital MK8 for Wii U and I have to purchase again to play the content unavailable for the OG version.

Really sucks
True, I'm kinda pissed about it myself, even though the new stuff doesn't look that great. I think what's worrying me more is that Nintendo releases only 1 Mario Kart game for each system, I'm hoping this won't be the only one released for the switch.

I'm pissed that I bought quite a few games digitally on Wii U, only to find out how easy it was to get them through other means. You think we could at least get some kind of discount digitally on Switch...

Porting games costs money, not as much as making a new game, but it does still have costs. Making new content costs money. I bought the original on Wii U and got all the DLC but I think $60 for the deluxe pack is a good price point for everything involved.

I bought Shovel Knight for 3DS, should I be angry I had to pay for it again on Switch?

Also what does this have to do with Gamestop trade in?

Man I want wolf link and toon link why can't they have those around haha.
You could always buy the amiibo powersaves thing that GS is clearancing right now and make a "legal backup" of Toon Link or Wolf Link to the included rewritable chip. I got mine with leftover trade credit I had. I now have a chip with my Wolf Link amiibo data on it that's small enough to carry in my carrying case so it's a lifesaver.

I did some trades yesterday and the person behind the counter asked "why did I even check?" when he looked at the discs. I'm pretty sure they're all aware I'm trading in new games and don't care because they're all chill about it. The people at my GS are super friendly and fun to talk to.

Porting games costs money, not as much as making a new game, but it does still have costs. Making new content costs money. I bought the original on Wii U and got all the DLC but I think $60 for the deluxe pack is a good price point for everything involved.

I bought Shovel Knight for 3DS, should I be angry I had to pay for it again on Switch?

Also what does this have to do with Gamestop trade in?

You could always buy the amiibo powersaves thing that GS is clearancing right now and make a "legal backup" of Toon Link or Wolf Link to the included rewritable chip. I got mine with leftover trade credit I had. I now have a chip with my Wolf Link amiibo data on it that's small enough to carry in my carrying case so it's a lifesaver.

I did some trades yesterday and the person behind the counter asked "why did I even check?" when he looked at the discs. I'm pretty sure they're all aware I'm trading in new games and don't care because they're all chill about it. The people at my GS are super friendly and fun to talk to.
Can you add flashes to that? Or do i need the actual original amiibo. Does it store more than one?

Can you add flashes to that? Or do i need the actual original amiibo. Does it store more than one?
It holds one at a time, but can be rewritten to any figure. (ie, I wrote OoT Link to it, scanned it for the bonus, then changed it to Wolf Link)

You can find the files on a site that's an nfc figure bank (not going to link it for piracy reasons) to write to the rewritable tag, but I'm sure you're only going to use this for "legal backups." :whistle2:$

Also, download the NaMiiO software instead of whatever CodeJunkies uses for their portal. It works way better.

At that price I might be interested in getting it, not interested in investing any money in amiibos...

So $14.97 the clearance price?

It holds one at a time, but can be rewritten to any figure. (ie, I wrote OoT Link to it, scanned it for the bonus, then changed it to Wolf Link)

You can find the files on a site that's an nfc figure bank (not going to link it for piracy reasons) to write to the rewritable tag, but I'm sure you're only going to use this for "legal backups." :whistle2:$

Also, download the NaMiiO software instead of whatever CodeJunkies uses for their portal. It works way better.
Dope I'll spend 15 for it. In stock at my home store I'll chhheck it oit

semi related, thanks for the advice on not getting the screen protector for switch from gamestop. The temper glass from amazon for 10 is awesome
Which one did you get?

Also how is it working if you installed it already? (e.g. any bubbles, adhesive issues, does it cover all the glass, etc.)

I want to get the Anker 2 pack that I ordered, but they wont have any until around 3/27 according to their CS and the email they sent.

A GS store mailed me the wrong game in the right case. Seems like a common theme with certain vita games at stores. Deader you need to crack the whip and get these employees to check the vita carts!

Trading a Switch game towards a Switch game does not currently activate the 50% boost. You get the 40% instead. I'm assuming it's a system glitch because PUR was applied.

FYI more Zelda ME have come up. This store in particular in Florida has 3 or more in stock apparently.

1500 Apalachee Pkwy Sp 2043-01 Tallahassee FL 32301

Hmmm... Battlefield 1 pre-owned estimates are around 12,000 per system right now. Wonder if they will drop the pre-owned price soon if they start exceeding 13,000 or 14,000.

Pokemon Sun and Moon are both around 8,000 now and the TIV dropped Wednesday from $20 to $17

A GS store mailed me the wrong game in the right case. Seems like a common theme with certain vita games at stores. Deader you need to crack the whip and get these employees to check the vita carts!
Slightly better than the case-with-no-game-inside I was shipped back in December (Odin Sphere Leifthrasir).

Hmmm... Battlefield 1 pre-owned estimates are around 12,000 per system right now. Wonder if they will drop the pre-owned price soon if they start exceeding 13,000 or 14,000.

Pokemon Sun and Moon are both around 8,000 now and the TIV dropped Wednesday from $20 to $17
I was trying to finish the SP for BF1, but decided against it. I'll wait till it hits the vault, hopefully trade in tomorrow.

I wonder how soon they will get a restock on the breath of the wild amiibo at all stores. Semester like something they would want to be easily available.

I ordered some hypersimension vita games and one of them was the Japanese version.

I wonder how soon they will get a restock on the breath of the wild amiibo at all stores. Semester like something they would want to be easily available.
Three of them are still in stock on the website, and the other two are available at pretty much every store around me. The stock issues aren't with the BotW Amiibos, they're with the 30th anniversary and Smash Amiibos

Three of them are still in stock on the website, and the other two are available at pretty much every store around me. The stock issues aren't with the BotW Amiibos, they're with the 30th anniversary and Smash Amiibos
Bought that programmable chip thing. Worked great. Rolling on epona with wolf link howling at my side. Worth it.

Anybody here have a GameStop credit card? I just got approved. Looking to build my credit back up any way I can. I just need to know if this card gets reported to all the credit bureaus like normal cards do.

Anybody here have a GameStop credit card? I just got approved. Looking to build my credit back up any way I can. I just need to know if this card gets reported to all the credit bureaus like normal cards do.
I counsel students about credit, and I would say to go for a regular MasterCard, Visa, or AMEX and avoid store credit cards like the plague. They usually have a much higher interest rate than regular credit cards.

I counsel students about credit, and I would say to go for a regular MasterCard, Visa, or AMEX and avoid store credit cards like the plague. They usually have a much higher interest rate than regular credit cards.
Yeah it definitely has an outrageous APR, but I had a bad stretch 5 years ago and my credit went from a 720 to total shit. This is the first card that I got approved for in years. I just plan on making small purchases and paying the card in full each month. But does it get reported to Equifax/Transunion/Experian?

Yeah it definitely has an outrageous APR, but I had a bad stretch 5 years ago and my credit went from a 720 to total shit. This is the first card that I got approved for in years. I just plan on making small purchases and paying the card in full each month. But does it get reported to Equifax/Transunion/Experian?
If they did a credit pull then yes it'll get reported. I'd cancel it if I were you in a year or so. There's a good website out there (nerd wallet) that'll tell you what cards best for your needs of the ones available.

Was able to score a Zelda SE at GS the other day, can I switch cartridges and return the copy I bought last week for full refund or will they want label as used?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back