GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
DId anyone see the 50% extra for tech?

I looked up a google pixel that I have and its getting 300- 450 cash for a pixel is tempting...

2 of them already have kodi installed, but im not going back in time to when craigslist was a thing.
If you want to trade it in to gamestop then go for it. All that is being suggested is you sell it in a different market and get 2-3x what gamestop is giving. It can be a market you find irrelevant or one you find relevant, but it makes zero sense to undercut yourself by trading them into gamestop.

If you want to trade it in to gamestop then go for it. All that is being suggested is you sell it in a different market and get 2-3x what gamestop is giving. It can be a market you find irrelevant or one you find relevant, but it makes zero sense to undercut yourself by trading them into gamestop.
i get what you guys are saying, but every time i put anything up on these online marketplaces (let go, facebook, craigslist) all i get is lowball offers. every time i sell something on ebay or any established online site im holding my breath hoping i dont get screwed by a chargeback via paypal on the 29th day. sometimes its easier, especially if you didnt pay anything for something, to take the money and run. (electronics same values cash or credit)

Facebook marketplace, let go, offer up. Plus many other options

i get what you guys are saying, but every time i put anything up on these online marketplaces (let go, facebook, craigslist) all i get is lowball offers. every time i sell something on ebay or any established online site im holding my breath hoping i dont get screwed by a chargeback via paypal on the 29th day. sometimes its easier, especially if you didnt pay anything for something, to take the money and run. (electronics same values cash or credit)
I'm with you. Craigslist is super toxic.

Chargebacks almost never happen to me on ebay, and when they do, and you follow paypal's guidelines for seller protection, they don't effect you. I have had both an ipad pro and a psvr get chargebacked and lost nothing. Paypal says "oh we have the tracking info and signature confiramtion? We'll deal with this."

Craiglist is mostly useless these days. No one responds and when they do it's a some silly lowball or they never actually follow through.

Chargebacks almost never happen to me on ebay, and when they do, and you follow paypal's guidelines for seller protection, they don't effect you. I have had both an ipad pro and a psvr get chargebacked and lost nothing. Paypal says "oh we have the tracking info and signature confiramtion? We'll deal with this."

Craiglist is mostly useless these days. No one responds and when they do it's a some silly lowball or they never actually follow through.
Craigslist is beyond useless. I put in huge bold letters that the price is non-negotiable, and yet I get some idiot asking if I'll take less. That or somebody will text me asking if I still have an item, I respond yes, and they don't respond. I swear people just want to waste your time on there.

At least with ebay, you don't get quite as many beggers, and if they message you with some entitled message, you can just ignore them/block them.

Craigslist is beyond useless. I put in huge bold letters that the price is non-negotiable, and yet I get some idiot asking if I'll take less. That or somebody will text me asking if I still have an item, I respond yes, and they don't respond. I swear people just want to waste your time on there.

At least with ebay, you don't get quite as many beggers, and if they message you with some entitled message, you can just ignore them/block them.
I've had someone offer me less than 10% of what I was asking for. I thought he mistyped his offer so I asked for clarification. He was serious/not a troll. Like why even bother?

People are always worried about chargebacks but it hasnt happened in the items I sold over the last few years. If it's the difference of a few bucks I'll just trade it in to gamestop. If its more I just throw it on ebay and amazon. I've literally run into chargebacks or anything related less than 1% of the transactions I've done. There has been more people complaining about not using ebay due to the fear of charge backs in the last few weeks than I've actually experience in the last few years putting items on ebay.

For craigslist I'm not a huge fan, but when I'm selling something I'm not in a rush to sell it. I sell phones on there every so often when I upgrade. Sure I'll get low ball offers but I don't even bother responding. They go straight to the trash. Then it might take a week or so to get a legitimate offer, but I'm not desperate for the money and have no problem waiting it out.

PS4 AC Syndicate Day 1 DLC "The Dreadful Crimes" mission codes; may or may not have expired 3/31/2016. Replace * with H.

K4MF-*8NK-2275

*R4Q-ELNP-DPK7

PS4 Deus Ex Day 1 extra digital content, redeemable through "http://sqex.to/register". Replace * with T.

PABUYO-099-*UMEXU-233

X1 Deus Ex Day 1 extra digital content, redeemable through "http://sqex.to/register". Replace * with T.

VEBU*U-296-YUMUXO-202

I've had someone offer me less than 10% of what I was asking for. I thought he mistyped his offer so I asked for clarification. He was serious/not a troll. Like why even bother?
I've had somebody ffer low ball offers. I thought it was ridiculous and declined. I sold my item later for the price that I asked for. It's along process. I'll only sell on ebay if I can get more for my items than Gamestop.

I always get low balled with offer so now I just use the auto decline feature when I allow offers on my auctions. Saves me the hassle of having to decline manually.

People are always worried about chargebacks but it hasnt happened in the items I sold over the last few years. If it's the difference of a few bucks I'll just trade it in to gamestop. If its more I just throw it on ebay and amazon. I've literally run into chargebacks or anything related less than 1% of the transactions I've done. There has been more people complaining about not using ebay due to the fear of charge backs in the last few weeks than I've actually experience in the last few years putting items on ebay.

For craigslist I'm not a huge fan, but when I'm selling something I'm not in a rush to sell it. I sell phones on there every so often when I upgrade. Sure I'll get low ball offers but I don't even bother responding. They go straight to the trash. Then it might take a week or so to get a legitimate offer, but I'm not desperate for the money and have no problem waiting it out.
ive actually had to fight 3 chargebacks, and i think my feedback on ebay is 170 or so. i think all 3 times ebay just ate the loss because i had enough proof and they want to keep the scammers happy. I am also waiting on an auction that ended middle of last month because i received a message from another seller that he did a chargeback on them, so i am hoping that was a one time deal. craigslist i dont consider at all due to the amount of problems in my area (mostly counterfeit money), ive started using let go, but it doesnt seem to have much of a foothold in my area, everyone is on facebook marketplace and i despise facebook.

ive actually had to fight 3 chargebacks, and i think my feedback on ebay is 170 or so. i think all 3 times ebay just ate the loss because i had enough proof and they want to keep the scammers happy. I am also waiting on an auction that ended middle of last month because i received a message from another seller that he did a chargeback on them, so i am hoping that was a one time deal. craigslist i dont consider at all due to the amount of problems in my area (mostly counterfeit money), ive started using let go, but it doesnt seem to have much of a foothold in my area, everyone is on facebook marketplace and i despise facebook.
yea all depends on the area but I hate letgo. Always got people sending messages that are hours away and expect me to meet half way or something. I've put a decent amount of things on there since it is so easy to list but haven't sold anything. just a waste of time to me ha.

I like how it's set up but doesn't seem like they have enough people on there.

Sorry I had meetings all day today. I just now updated BB sheets but not GS (GS was more or less the same today) I patched the BB code to handle Switch games / make it more reliable / future proof it from BB or GS changes.

yea all depends on the area but I hate letgo. Always got people sending messages that are hours away and expect me to meet half way or something. I've put a decent amount of things on there since it is so easy to list but haven't sold anything. just a waste of time to me ha.

I like how it's set up but doesn't seem like they have enough people on there.
I've had good luck with letgo. Sold a few Xbox One's and PS4's, as well as my old 55" Sony tv.

I don't know where to ask this, but I'll try here.   I got a gift card for Gamestop in the mail fairly recently.  I don't know why and it had $0.02 on it.  Does anyone here know why this would happen?

Got my action replay, now wondering if it would be more worth it to get the N2elite or more NFC tags...cause I'd like to be able to carry around a couple of these or switch between them easily...

Got my action replay, now wondering if it would be more worth it to get the N2elite or more NFC tags...cause I'd like to be able to carry around a couple of these or switch between them easily...
NFC tags will get fried if you attempt to use it with the action replay. Read an article on it apparently there's some handshake issue with the action replay token. That said, if you have an android phone and NFC tags that's probably cheaper than an NFC elite.

NFC tags will get fried if you attempt to use it with the action replay. Read an article on it apparently there's some handshake issue with the action replay token. That said, if you have an android phone and NFC tags that's probably cheaper than an NFC elite.
Well shit, so it only works with their power tags? Only reason I really want more is to unlock stuff in Zelda easier. What are my options then? I have a android phone, but no NFC tags.

Stupid question that's probably already been answered. There's $100 promo and $25 bonus for PUR if you trade in a 3ds towards a Switch. I have the original black 3ds, would I get $125 or the 3ds TIV ($70) and bonus $25 so $95 total? 

Well shit, so it only works with their power tags? Only reason I really want more is to unlock stuff in Zelda easier. What are my options then? I have a android phone, but no NFC tags.
Correct powertags only. NFC tags in bulk average about a buck a tag. Otherwise amiiqo on an android phone with NFC ability and NFC 215? I believe tags.

Alright so this webpage:

http://www.gamestop.com/trade#!/consoles

Reads:

GET UP TO 50%
EXTRA TRADE CREDIT TOWARD:

NINTENDO SWITCH GAMES & ACCESSORIES!
PRO MEMBERS: 50% EXTRA CREDIT. OTHERS: 40% EXTRA CREDIT
See terms & conditions below. Valid through 3/19.
The terms & conditions below read:

LEGAL - UP TO 50% EXTRA CREDIT TOWARD NINTENDO SWITCH ACCESSORIES & GAMES
Pro Members: 50% Extra Credit. Others: 40% Extra Credit. Offer valid for game and accessory trades only. Credit must be applied toward the purchase of any new Nintendo Switch games or accessories. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Valid 2/27 - 3/19.
So I have an Xbox One S 500gb. Trade value claims $140 credit...so if I traded that in with an extra 50%, is that $210 for my console? It says I have to trade it in towards switch stuff, does that include the console? Can I just get it on a gift card and bypass all that "towards this" shit?

I'm sorry I don't do trade ins. I just hate my one and this is the best deal for getting rid of it so far. I want a switch eventually and if I can subtract $210 off the price of one I'll probably do this.

Alright so this webpage:

Reads:

So I have an Xbox One S 500gb. Trade value claims $140 credit...so if I traded that in with an extra 50%, is that $210 for my console? It says I have to trade it in towards switch stuff, does that include the console? Can I just get it on a gift card and bypass all that "towards this" shit?

I'm sorry I don't do trade ins. I just hate my one and this is the best deal for getting rid of it so far. I want a switch eventually and if I can subtract $210 off the price of one I'll probably do this.
The terms and conditions you copied and pasted Says games and accessories only.

Alright so this webpage:

Reads:

No, re read what you posted. Also, you have to put at least five bucks down on anything regardless. You can get that back later but you MUST do that up front its how their system triggers the bonus they don't key it manually.

It says I have to trade it in towards switch stuff, does that include the console? Can I just get it on a gift card and bypass all that "towards this" shit?
dhMeAzK.gif

Thanks guys. I've had them do that before when they had these promos but maybe my store was just breaking the rules for me? This was probably a long time ago back when rascals ran the store and did whatever the fuck they wanted lol.

Ah well...

Thanks guys. I've had them do that before when they had these promos but maybe my store was just breaking the rules for me? This was probably a long time ago back when rascals ran the store and did whatever the fuck they wanted lol.

Ah well...
These promos are almost always game/accessory only. Last November/December the promo actually included consoles which pretty much never happens.

5 GS to BB credit movers if trade values hold:

PES 2017 X1/PS4

Zelda:BotW

Uncharted 4

All barely above break even.

Battlefield 1 PS4/X1 loses 6.5%

Thankfully black whenever he's around is pretty good about finding those values and promos. Hopefully he's able to slot em into the sheets once it's live.
Yeah i just did a quick glance at the sheets and found 4 that are positive credit transfers if values hold.

It is looking like GS would have to put something on sale for anything else to have a chance.

Just an FYI I have been tracking Switch inventory at GS and it appears the last few days hand fulls of stores are receiving 1 or 2 units mostly the gray and very little neon.

Hmm, if you look at page 4 of the GS weekly ad, it says extra $50 towards an Ipad, extra $25 towards an Ipod. Last time they had an electronic trade in bonus, it was in the form of a coupon. But the crazy thing is, this one doesn't even specify what you are allowed to trade in, unlike the other 2 promos on the page, games and 3DS/Wii U. Even the fine print doesn't mention any thing besides no cash allowed. So before all the toxic posts and gifs start rolling in, I guess it's possible to trade any electronics towards an Ipad and get a $50 bonus. Technically has to be an electronic device, but Gamestop "wording" says it only has to be in working condition...

Edit: What's even crazier is that it's not even listed under the active trade offers on the website, only the Weekly Ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back