GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
"despite her saying someone from a nearby store told her we had a ton."

GS employees lying to customers it seems.
They do, confirmed it about an hour ago. Called one store to ask if they had any NES classics in stock, and the first employee said none of the stores in the area have any in stock w/out checking. Called another store, one that has better employees, and I could hear the guy clicking away on the keyboard and he said a store 20-something miles away had one in stock, which was in agreement with your spreadsheet.

Anyone knows when the last time was that GS had a b2g1 on retro titles? They usually have them online more often than they do instore. I have $120 worth of retro titles in my cart and i want to pull thr trigger but my cheapassness thinks I should wait.
I made an order on 3/4 during what I thought was the last B2G1 retro sale. AFAIK there hasn't been one between then and now, so it's been about a month since they've done one of those sales.

Was at gamestop today and had one guy complaining about how couple days ago he saw a game trade in for $27 and now its $13.   He wanted those $27.  but not even credit.  he wanted it cash.  made a huge deal.  it gets very awkward in there when stuff like that goes down.

im curious with that whole huge drop.  does anyone know if a weekend boost will be showing up?  

Was at gamestop today and had one guy complaining about how couple days ago he saw a game trade in for $27 and now its $13. He wanted those $27. but not even credit. he wanted it cash. made a huge deal. it gets very awkward in there when stuff like that goes down.

im curious with that whole huge drop. does anyone know if a weekend boost will be showing up?
No. It was a stealth bump. It usually happens every last friday of the month and lasts until monday. Not all the time though. Check the first page of this thread.

Was out hunting (successfully) for the 1/2 priced world of Warcraft game cards and one store had 2 of the NES Classics behind the counter. I was surprised since checking the spreadsheet earlier only showed one store in my area with them and this wasn't it. Of course picked one up!

Anyone knows when the last time was that GS had a b2g1 on retro titles? They usually have them online more often than they do instore. I have $120 worth of retro titles in my cart and i want to pull thr trigger but my cheapassness thinks I should wait.
They had one about a month back. I'd wait unless you think they'll be out of stock when the sale starts. I got some really nice retro games on their last sale.

They had one about a month back. I'd wait unless you think they'll be out of stock when the sale starts. I got some really nice retro games on their last sale.
Its mostly gameboy games to complete some boxes I have. Ive been looking for a good quality Advance wars for my box and i can never find one with a good label or cheap. If it comes in looking like garbage or a fake, i can at least return it.

I actually just bought Advance Wars 1 and 2 during that last B2G1. Both came in mint condition

Been wanting to get the DS ones but I only collect CIB DS stuff, and most GameStops throws away DS cases :/

Days of ruin wasn't the best in my opinion. Dual Strike is fucking digital crack,  and you should pick it up regardless. Get the box and manual down the road.

Thank you Blackbeard! According to the sheets, two local stores had the nes classic in stock. I went to the closest gamestop and asked the employee about it and was straight up with me and told me he had bought it. So I asked him if he could find another store that had it and ended up calling the second store on the spreadsheet and asked them to hold it for me. Real nice guy. :D

Thank you Blackbeard! According to the sheets, two local stores had the nes classic in stock. I went to the closest gamestop and asked the employee about it and was straight up with me and told me he had bought it. So I asked him if he could find another store that had it and ended up calling the second store on the spreadsheet and asked them to hold it for me. Real nice guy. :D
They are not suppose to purchase while on the clock. He wasted your time but you got what you wanted.

Idk if anyone knows this but one of the employees told me if u cancel a certain limit of pre orders they will ban your account from pre ordering. He didn't know how many but he did say you can exchange and put the 5$ on anything else it is just for canceling pre orders. So yeah for Any one who didn't know that and idk if it's in the FAQ.

I read the faq including the part about the $5 pre order payment but I thought that they had a newish policy that charged you $25 for a cancelled pre order or something. Maybe for stores that force you to put down the full amount, you have to pay a $25 fee? I don't remember the details but the issue with such a fee is not in the faq to my knowledge. If anyone could fill me in on this issue I'd appreciate it.

I read the faq including the part about the $5 pre order payment but I thought that they had a newish policy that charged you $25 for a cancelled pre order or something. Maybe for stores that force you to put down the full amount, you have to pay a $25 fee? I don't remember the details but the issue with such a fee is not in the faq to my knowledge. If anyone could fill me in on this issue I'd appreciate it.
$25 is the minimum amount needed to preorder a collector's edition. There's no fee of any kind.

In regards to the 4 for $10, I"m reading its $4.99 and under correct?  I'm assuming its PS3/360 only or are other platforms (PS4 specifically) included?

In regards to the 4 for $10, I"m reading its $4.99 and under correct? I'm assuming its PS3/360 only or are other platforms (PS4 specifically) included?
Any game under $4.99 for any platform, although the PS4/Xbox One games are mostly old sports titles. I believe vanilla Destiny for either PS4 or Xbox One qualifies and Titanfall for Xbox One qualifies. Ragnarok Odyssey is the only Vita game that qualifies. But if you're a PS3 owner, you should be able to get 4 decent to great games.

So Nier is on sale for 50 bucks, does this stack with that gaming pass promo? Also, black have you looked at the clearance stuff lately to see if anything was worthwhile like those Gwent decks? I made like a 100 bucks on those dumb things.

So Nier is on sale for 50 bucks, does this stack with that gaming pass promo? Also, black have you looked at the clearance stuff lately to see if anything was worthwhile like those Gwent decks? I made like a 100 bucks on those dumb things.
You have to purchase the game within 30 days of release to use the Spring gaming pass. The period for Nier expired yesterday. Dates are listed on this page - http://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/landing/pro-pass/.

Apparently the pro Gaming Pass also gives you a $10 coupon off pre owned this month
Lets hope it happens otherwise this is mostly a smoke and mirrors promotion. I am calling it now, Mass Effect Andromeda will be on sale for $49.99 on exactly Thursday April 20, 2017 and not a day sooner at GS.

Florida, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Virigina Gamestops got Switches this morning now. Seems like the east coast will getting them today.

Lets hope it happens otherwise this is mostly a smoke and mirrors promotion. I am calling it now, Mass Effect Andromeda will be on sale for $49.99 on exactly Thursday April 20, 2017 and not a day sooner at GS.
That's kinda what happened with the last "Pro Day" the deals were just regular sales going on but GS let the PUR members have them 2 days early.

The GameStop on Morse Road at Easton in Columbus, OH had two nes classics in stock as of 10:30 am. They also had a sign up saying Switches were available.

Florida, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Virigina Gamestops got Switches this morning now. Seems like the east coast will getting them today.
Stores in Ohio are anticipating getting them today also.

Unrelated, I went to grab another NES Classic this morning and found a store that had two. Got one of them.

Has anyone seen more OEM controllers show up in the wild lately?

Titanfall 2 Marauders edition unboxing video for anyone curious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRVXgW0uSIg

doesn't seem worth $50 to me given its a bust, not the cool "costume helmet" the other T2 Vanguard CE is. I guess you get a decent statue. Base TIV of the game itself is $13.
Game is no longer included with any EA CE after the DA: Inquisition debacle. Mirror's Edge & BF 1 were each the same.

In case this isn't sarcasm, no, that is not a thing

Well idk he said it's a new policy they got/getting idk try it out let us know the results lol.
There is nothing to "try out," it's not true. The employee was lying to encourage you to not cancel preorders, because it would hurt their numbers if you did

Yeah what I usually do is just move the money I put down originally and put it towards another game that's coming out. At least that won't hurt their numbers as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back