GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Question I guess for those of you that work at Gamestop:

Suppose I pre-order and fully pay for a game that has a trade bonus. I don't have any intention on playing said game. Instead, I never pick it up and simply use that credit to pick up the game I really want when it comes out. Would that hurt your "score"?
I'm not a GS employee, but since you'd technically be canceling a preorder to get that game you really want, the employee's "score" would likely be hurt.

Suppose I pre-order and fully pay for a game that has a trade bonus. I don't have any intention on playing said game. Instead, I never pick it up and simply use that credit to pick up the game I really want when it comes out. Would that hurt your "score"?

edit: what about moving the cash to another pre-order? Picking the game up and then exchanging it a week or so later for another game?
I usually move the amount to pre-order another game that I actually want. That way it won't hurt their "score."

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd what district was this?
14mrwat.jpg

Anyone know what timezone the price changes change at...i have gs funds on a regular gift card not trade card at home i wanna use to make orders and not home atm. Is it pacific time or central time?
It lets u add 10 per game idk if u can check out with that many tho
Corporate is in the Central time zone, so I would assume Central for price changes.

For those that want to stock up on Black Ops collection at $14.99 and have Prime, here you go:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01NCE21EA/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?tag=cheapassgam08-20&ie=UTF8&condition=all

Tweet also said XB1 and PS3 are at the same price.
Does that mean that the :xb1: version of BO3 would be $15? There isn't a Black Ops Collection for :xb1:.

Talked to a friend that works at my local Gamestop. His district manager sent an email to the whole district about trade in promo abuse this past weekend. That going forward, trades should be used to pay off the game the promo applies to, and then you would need to start a new transaction for the rest of the trade ins.

Hope you guys don't hear similar things in the coming weeks.
Which state/district?

Talked to a friend that works at my local Gamestop. His district manager sent an email to the whole district about trade in promo abuse this past weekend. That going forward, trades should be used to pay off the game the promo applies to, and then you would need to start a new transaction for the rest of the trade ins.
So take the trades in that are enough to pay off the game using the promos, then use the rest of the trades on another transaction without the promos, therefore losing the customer and store credit value, am I on to something here?

Because if I am that is blatant abuse of authority to change the trade permissions toward a title.

What area was this at?

Tried buying multiple Uber cards but the girl denied me more than 2. Said I had to be a corporation to buy in bulk and with trade credit. They would be more flexible if I was paying by cash
Lol you should have told her, "I am member of one!" and showed her your CAG card. She would have been like, "My apologies, Mr. Nick. Right this way."

I purchased another 4 today. I would have done more but that's all they had. They said that someone came in and purchased 10 of the cards and that's all they had left. At first, I thought they recognized me but it turn out to be someone else lol

Also purchased some Fandango gift cards for GOTG Vol. 2 woop woop...may 4th is almost here

Pretty sure it was referring just to the first two being BC.
Here is the text of the tweet:

@videogamedeals said:
Call of Duty Black Ops Collection (X1/360/PS3) $14.99 via Amazon (Prime Only). 1 & 2 X1 BC.
You're probably right, but I have to admit I did go looking for a copy of BO3 :xb1: on Amazon. It would be less confusing if "X1/" were left out of it.

I don't mind sitting on some spare games. Anyone know the odds of batman telltale, PvZ gw2 and phantom pain raising back up?
Beard's sheets have February, March end of month trade bumps.

Could go off that.
Added a new tab comparing Jan through April 's bump and listed all games that were consistent across all bumps so far this year.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BdHPvCiO19sCPuuEijdtfyt19jvXKKYKhbYrz7Tk8O0/edit#gid=1151285487

Did anyone run into issue over the weekend pre-ordering COD WW2 pro edition. Just curious when I was at my local store Sunday A soccer mom came in trying to preorder it and was told by the manager they have reach there pre-order limit on the pro. Said they were being limited on those due to all the people who pre-order the pro version of infinte warfare and didn't pick it up. Manager was nice enough though to put her on a list with other to call if people started canceling there pro copy.

Did anyone run into issue over the weekend pre-ordering COD WW2 pro edition. Just curious when I was at my local store Sunday A soccer mom came in trying to preorder it and was told by the manager they have reach there pre-order limit on the pro. Said they were being limited on those due to all the people who pre-order the pro version of infinte warfare and didn't pick it up. Manager was nice enough though to put her on a list with other to call if people started canceling there pro copy.
When I was doing my trades, they said something about if you preordered the CE editions, they were being shipped to your home and not to the store because too many people were preordering them and not picking them up. I might not have heard that correctly though because I was only pretending to be interested and only half-listening.

Added a new tab comparing Jan through April 's bump and listed all games that were consistent across all bumps so far this year.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BdHPvCiO19sCPuuEijdtfyt19jvXKKYKhbYrz7Tk8O0/edit#gid=1151285487
Alright so reading this it shows that batman was 8 before and PvZ was 17. I assume that's their post bump value too. Neither are on the perma bump list so is that a sign that they're trash now? Metal gear didn't get a bump so it seems to be sad at least.

I ordered two copies each of Dead Space 3 :360: pre-owned and Black Ops Collection New :360: last night in the same order and got my order confirmation email almost immediately.  Earlier today, I got two separate shipping confirmation emails for each pair of games, one with a UPS tracking number and the other with a USPS tracking number.

This always happens the paranoia nonsense in regards to what DMs say. Gamestop employees arent the borg from Star Trek. Just because a particular DM says something doesn't mean it goes into immediate law down the chain of command. Every employee in every store doesn't obey the DMs every word.  There are store managers around me who seriously hate their DM and really don't care about anything he says.  Then of course there are managers who follow him tooth and nail.  

Yeah, Todd. That dude is nice - not overly friendly but very competent and polite. Between him, the Simpson dude and Charlene (not very bright but not unfriendly either) I hope the store turns out to be an alright one - it is now my "home" store [FML]. :)
I saw Todd on Saturday, thought it was strange he was there and not the Simpsons comic book guy manager. Although he was there Friday. Must of been his last day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Not sure if I want to believe someone with 9 posts.

Stores had limited allocations of them. The one I preorder at had 10 for each platform. I was #6 for xbo.

Went to go trade in 4 copies of game A, 2 copies of game B, 2 copies of game C and the rep is telling me I can allow trade in 1 copy of each game. Really? Apparently, the trade in value that shows up on the app can only be honored by a store manager.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Went to go trade in 4 copies of game A, 2 copies of game B, 2 copies of game C and the rep is telling me I can allow trade in 1 copy of each game. Really? Apparently, the trade in value that shows up on the app can only be honored by a store manager.

Yeah... The limit is typically 1 copy of each game per visit...

Love Game B and C but Game A is total shit.

When I tried to pre-order one on Thursday I was told one pro edition copy per system but today I went to another store and they let me pre-order another one. I told the associate there about being told one copy per system and he said it wasn't true.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Someone should make a new book called Gamestop Trading 101. Since most people don't read any of the basic info on the first page.
IT wouldn't be so bad if he just listened to the guy who told him the policy. Instead he's going to make a scene and probably get a ban before he even gets the ball rolling.

Did anyone else buy Lego avengers or Lego the force awakens used to boomerang? I bought 1 used copy of both titles at two different stores. They weren't shrink wrapped but they still had the Xbox seal on them.

Nothing east shattering. Just thought it was odd that they were basically selling new copies as used.

Did anyone else buy Lego avengers or Lego the force awakens used to boomerang? I bought 1 used copy of both titles at two different stores. They weren't shrink wrapped but they still had the Xbox seal on them.

Nothing east shattering. Just thought it was odd that they were basically selling new copies as used.
Yeah, I had a couple of those games that were sealed. I thought that was weird.

Local GS is still showing the stealth bump values automatically no "honoring" required. Unfortunately all the Targets in the area have squat for clearance games.

Someone should make a new book called Gamestop Trading 101. Since most people don't read any of the basic info on the first page.
I apologise guys. I was mistaken. I just read the info on the first page. I have failed everyone.

So update for any interested parties...

I received points for my power up rewards renewal and I also received my 2500 points for reserving Little Nightmares. Still haven't received my points for my trade in and purchase for Sunday 4/30 or received my Buy 2, Get 1 free coupon. I hope this is just delayed. Hopefully we all get the points we accrued and any coupons we should have received.

Dead Space 3 and Bops Collection both shipped for me today after ordering online last night.  Got two different emails so 2 different packages will ship.  Also my trade credit was debited correctly.  Just waiting for the gamecube game to ship. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back