GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a bunch of Nintendo games including Heart Gold and MP9 for a few bucks at garage sales last week, looks like I am going to Gamestop lol.

lol I'm ready for the bad questions does t mean I can't poke at em
What does Brock and Morder mean?

What time does Hollywood Video open?

How come people call Ganecube "GCN" and Switch "YMMV"?

Does my Walmart sell games?

What's the differences between Pre Owned and Used?

Will typing a website name with ass in the title get me banned from school library internet?

hoping for more flipping availability with that last second GS sale.  Just did a bit of research and can't find too much to move over to GS that's available locally.  Might sit this weekend out unfortunately.  But much appreciated BB.... :bow:

Caseless trade of blops 1 and 2 had them trying to take it in a 2 separate games, so YMMV if it hasn't already been said.

For those of you spending Amazon credit on Plants, for Sunday delivery, how much time left would I have to commit to it to still get them Sunday? You know how Amazon usually says "want it by ____? order in the next four hours and seven minutes", well it's not showing that for me for some reason, at least not from Amazon Prime itself (third party sellers selling them for $59.99 show the shipping dates). It's already mid afternoon, I would be hoping to buy Amazon GC from GS to buy them with, wanna make sure there's still time. Could always buy em from Walmart and return Amazons order of course to Walmart.

Also, are people here saying they're getting PVZGw2 for $10 or $15 from Amazon? Showing$15 for me.

For those of you spending Amazon credit on Plants, for Sunday delivery, how much time left would I have to commit to it to still get them Sunday? You know how Amazon usually says "want it by ____? order in the next four hours and seven minutes", well it's not showing that for me for some reason, at least not from Amazon Prime itself (third party sellers selling them for $59.99 show the shipping dates). It's already mid afternoon, I would be hoping to buy Amazon GC from GS to buy them with, wanna make sure there's still time. Could always buy em from Walmart and return Amazons order of course to Walmart.

Also, are people here saying they're getting PVZGw2 for $10 or $15 from Amazon? Showing$15 for me.
just price match it at best buy so dont have to wait, unless you got credit

PvZ PS4 shows sold out for me on Amazon right when I went to BB to PM. I have GCU but I'm already at 3 purchases this year.

-edit- went to another store and got it matched

Are the PUR B2G1F coupons tied to the specific account you signed up with, or can the coupon be used with any PUR? 

(This community is the best if one could ask something this specific and find the answer lol) 

That's what I thought. Why this guy wouldn't want a renewal under his Col score is beyond me!
Whenever I get push back from an employee about something like that, I just ask if they could just try putting it through once. Explain that if it does it a win win, and if it doesn't you know for the future. That tactic worked great during the Kongregate coupon days when they still worked on PSN or XBL currency.

Rime works.   However... I'm a little nervous about trying to do 4 separate pre-orders at different stores.  I have basically 4x of each thing I want to trade so I don't want to miss out on too much credit but I feel like it will be easy to get Jr'd when I'm trying for the 3rd or 4th pre-orders... have you guys ever pre-ordered something one day, and then cancelled it the next (with presumably a different person?) I was thinking of trying that instead.

Rime works. However... I'm a little nervous about trying to do 4 separate pre-orders at different stores. I have basically 4x of each thing I want to trade so I don't want to miss out on too much credit but I feel like it will be easy to get Jr'd when I'm trying for the 3rd or 4th pre-orders... have you guys ever pre-ordered something one day, and then cancelled it the next (with presumably a different person?) I was thinking of trying that instead.
Don't pre order the same item dummy. You can apply five towards the same order till it's paid off and it'll trigger the bonus. Lol

Don't pre order the same item dummy. You can apply five towards the same order till it's paid off and it'll trigger the bonus. Lol
Wait, I was planning to hit 4 stores... can I keep adding $5 to the same pre-order even after I go to another store? I am trading in multiples of the same games and don't want to hit the same store over and over so I figured I would just do it at 4 separate stores but I'm pretty sure that requires 4 different pre-orders.

Well shit. Ordered two copies of pvz2 and delivery switched to Tuesday, Monday being a holiday.

I tried to cancel and got denied. Called and tried to cancel and got denied. fuck me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Whenever I get push back from an employee about something like that, I just ask if they could just try putting it through once. Explain that if it does it a win win, and if it doesn't you know for the future. That tactic worked great during the Kongregate coupon days when they still worked on PSN or XBL currency.
Here's an idea I don't think is discussed often or in the FAQ:

Can you cancel a GS/PUR account, and simply make a new one, for situations like too many renewals pushing you to like five years stacked membership?

I know in states with ID, this doesn't get you around the trade in limits, but would you be able to get around whatever perceived, suspicious junior detective BS just by making a f---ton of dummy accounts only used to get B2G1 coupons, ya know? They don't ID/home-address you based on renewals or upgrades to "Pro" do they?

Well shit. Ordered two copies of pvz2 and delivery switched to Tuesday, Monday being a holiday.
I tried to cancel and got denied. Called and tried to cancel and got denied. fuck me.
That sucks! You can save them for next month or you could just break even. Most of the time the TIV is $16.50 with PRO. I ordered everything earlier. I used my gift card balance to order Warehouse Deals games like :ps4: Project Cars, Need For Speed, N4S Rivals, Middle Earth GOTY, PvZ GW2, Injustice Ultimate Edition, Rory PGA Tour, etc, oh and some new copies of PvZ of course. I got some great trade ins like Rory was $42.50 after the $5 card. The only one that backfired was N4S Rivals but I'll just play it until the price goes up. Too lazy to return it

Rime works. However... I'm a little nervous about trying to do 4 separate pre-orders at different stores. I have basically 4x of each thing I want to trade so I don't want to miss out on too much credit but I feel like it will be easy to get Jr'd when I'm trying for the 3rd or 4th pre-orders... have you guys ever pre-ordered something one day, and then cancelled it the next (with presumably a different person?) I was thinking of trying that instead.
I have 4 cod WWII preorders at 4 stores. 2x Destiny 2. Nobody said anything. I plan on actually Keeping most of those though. I never cancel stuff until it's out or I am ready to move to something I actually want. Most of the time I just buy and flip on eBay. Low profile, Employees remembering you as a frequent customer, etc. Makes flipping smooth sailing long term. And I don't have to waste time returning stuff.

That being said, these $30 hidden gem bonuses are pretty straight forward.

Are there switch versions planned of any of those other bonus indie games besides rime that are pre orderable?

PS4 or X1?

You can always buy from local store to trade now and then use the Amazon ones to return to that store later.

If you have 4x of each game then you would need to go to 4 different stores with 4 different pre orders for the same game. This might run the risk of a jr detective randomly seeing that you have 4 pre orders for the same game and maybe later looking through your entire user history to see that you have traded in multiple copies of the same game. But usually, if you're helping their numbers with a pre-order, they won't have any reason to check your history.

Or you could go back to the same store when the employee that helped you earlier is off their shift to trade in an additional set of the same games. Employees working the morning/opening shift typically are off the clock by 5pm. With this method, you would only need to make 2 pre orders instead of 4. However, because you're not pre-ordering anything new, they might look through your history and see what kind of games you have already pre ordered so they can suggest new games from the same genre for you to pre-order. I've had this happen and it was awkward having to explain the multiple sets of Destiny/CoD pre-ordered at different stores.

Althernate methods:
1. Buy Guardians of the Galaxy Telltale for PS4 for $30+tax and trade it in for $15+50%=$22.5. You lose ~$10.
2. Buy 1 copy of NBA 2K17 for PS4, and 1 for the Xbox One to trigger the 50% as these items are on their "playlist" for $60+tax. Trade them in for $17.50+50%=$26.25(each). You lose ~$14

If you have 4x of each game then you would need to go to 4 different stores with 4 different pre orders for the same game. This might run the risk of a jr detective randomly seeing that you have 4 pre orders for the same game and maybe later looking through your entire user history to see that you have traded in multiple copies of the same game. But usually, if you're helping their numbers with a pre-order, they won't have any reason to check your history.

Or you could go back to the same store when the employee that helped you earlier if off their shift to trade in an additional set of the same games. Employees working the morning/opening shift typically are off the clock by 5pm. With this method, you would only need to make 2 pre orders instead of 4. However, because you're not pre-ordering anything new, they might look through your history and see what kind of games you have pre ordered so they can suggest games from the same genre for you to pre-order. I've had this happen and it was awkward having to explain the multiple sets of Destiny/CoD pre-ordered at different stores.

Althernate methods:
1. Buy Guardians of the Galaxy Telltale for PS4 for $30+tax and trade it in for $15+50%=$22.5. You lose ~$10.
2. Buy 1 copy of NBA 2K17 for PS4, and 1 for the Xbox One to trigger the 50% as these items are on their "playlist" for $60+tax. Trade them in for $17.50+50%=$26.25(each). You lose ~$14
Just tell then you want to spread the preorders around to help out their CoL numbers. Mention the Kotaku article and how messed up it sounds.

How long does it take for the b2g1 coupon to appear in your account? (I checked the FAQ but didn't find an answer)

Just buy that $29.99 game that brings up the bonus, trade it in, and eat the small loss. Just gotta deal with it
Some alternatives I've been doing are trading them on the forums here for games I actually want or waiting a month or so to see if they get a bump. Sold a copy of Little Nightmares, used, on the forum for $20. Now it got a bump to $17 or so I believe. Guardians of there was another game or two from the past HIdden Treasures promo that got bumps this time. There's plenty of options.

On another note, don't forget new boomerangs. Purchased a copy of Heartgold and Soulsilver and used a $25 pre-owned cert. Will transfer some points to useable credit and give me a small profit as well as build more points.

first time flipping last month was a success. first time boomeranging today was a success. thanks everyone that contributes to this community :D

During my trade today the GS employee made me pay in full for Rime even after asking if I could only put $5 down. I'll just go cancel it another day.
I've found that doing the preorder as an afterthought tends to work. Go in, start trading and then ask to throw $5 on the game, works everytime for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back