GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Did my last trade today, put 5 on stormblood and got the trade boost, not a huge weekend like last month but made about 500.
I did around the same. I wasnt prepared this month cause I was broke lol but I got what I could. Last month was a good one for me too though hopefully on this next one I triple it.

Which is why I was bummed they didn't have any copies of the game for :xb1: when I did my trade. I rarely want to legit play one of the games in their promos.
I legitimately wanted to buy this game and little nightmares. It was nice buying stuff I actually wanted rather then feeling like im wasting it on something I had no interest in just to get a bonus. Hopefully they have something similar with other good looking games next month.

Does anyone have the EBC code for the extra 10% off preowned from the receipt because I left my house without it and know it's a generic code? I want to pick up Zelda for the switch.

Thanks in advance.

EBC3055715
panicked because I lost my receipt and thought it was one time use code, wondering if it stacks with the 4/20 and what other games I should use it on now.......

I legitimately wanted to buy this game and little nightmares. It was nice buying stuff I actually wanted rather then feeling like im wasting it on something I had no interest in just to get a bonus. Hopefully they have something similar with other good looking games next month.
If your lucky some employees will let you get digital games and they will apply the bonus if they are out of stock physical. This happened to me last bump instead of paying 34.99 for little nightmares I paid 19.99 for xbox one digital and still got the bonus but the employee put 65% instead of 50% lol employee said "I know I did something wrong but eh who cares" lol.

An employee tried to steal my trade credit today. Some new guy I have never seen before. He had a trade card ready to put my credit on when I mentioned I had one already. He said something about giving me an extra $10 or something weird and takes my trade credit card and swipes it. Weird. When I hit ok or something on the screen, he seemed to do something with his hands and handed me back a trade credit card. I knew he had two out, and the weird bonus comment, so asked if he gave me the right one. He says yes, for sure, he "put everything on that one." Weird phrasing. Took the card outside and compared number on receipt and of course it's not the same. This is over $500 of credit.

Went right back in and told him. He checks a bunch of cards in random drawers until of course it's the one right in front of him on his register. Weird. Not sure what he was thinking at that point. Got my trade card back and confirmed value on website.

Burning him on the survey. It's gonna be brutal.

If your lucky some employees will let you get digital games and they will apply the bonus if they are out of stock physical. This happened to me last bump instead of paying 34.99 for little nightmares I paid 19.99 for xbox one digital and still got the bonus but the employee put 65% instead of 50% lol employee said "I know I did something wrong but eh who cares" lol.
Damn. Spend less on the game and get extra trade credit? You got lucky there. Lol.

You want me to get banned from all GameStop because a jr detective remembers me from trading games in. Stop acting like a melodramatic little girl.
You're basically admitting what you're doing and getting mad at him for calling you out on it. Not just to any dumb employee, but the store manager himself. You don't see a problem with that?

An employee tried to steal my trade credit today. Some new guy I have never seen before. He had a trade card ready to put my credit on when I mentioned I had one already. He said something about giving me an extra $10 or something weird and takes my trade credit card and swipes it. Weird. When I hit ok or something on the screen, he seemed to do something with his hands and handed me back a trade credit card. I knew he had two out, and the weird bonus comment, so asked if he gave me the right one. He says yes, for sure, he "put everything on that one." Weird phrasing. Took the card outside and compared number on receipt and of course it's not the same. This is over $500 of credit.

Went right back in and told him. He checks a bunch of cards in random drawers until of course it's the one right in front of him on his register. Weird. Not sure what he was thinking at that point. Got my trade card back and confirmed value on website.

Wow. I'd keep an eye on your balance and eventually try to shift the credit over to a new card. Never know if he took a picture of the card before you went back in.

I had this happen to me once when trading in a PS4 years ago. I went and grabbed a game off the floor and tried to buy it with the card he swapped on me. Of course it was empty and he magically came up with the correct card lickity split. He didn't act surprised at all. Terrible actor.

Have restaurant.com $25 gift cards always been 1,850 points or is that a typo? I would try one but I heard their shit as they let the restaurants set their own rules regarding how they take the gift card.
They've always been that price. I've never had issues using them at restaurants. You just you have to spend a minimum of $50 to use the coupon. This includes tax, but not tips.

Yeah but you've said this like 7 times now

Thanks for this. Anyone know if i can use this code along with a $25 off preowned coupon
You can, but the 10% will be taken off after the coupon and your PUR card. For example, I bought Mario Party 9 which was $49.99 after the preowned coupon it dropped to $25.00, then the PUR card took $2.50 dropping it to $22.50, then the 10% off coupon took $2.25 off.

You can, but the 10% will be taken off after the coupon and your PUR card. For example, I bought Mario Party 9 which was $49.99 after the preowned coupon it dropped to $25.00, then the PUR card took $2.50 dropping it to $22.50, then the 10% off coupon took $2.25 off.
That's fine since it's universal and free for us all to use. Not like money off coupons that cost points and are one time use.

Looks like values have held
I hope so but I'm tempering expectations. During one of the last couple bumps the app estimates stayed bumped but then in store they rang up at pre-bump values. A few people had success getting the value adjusted manually but most did not.

You're basically admitting what you're doing and getting mad at him for calling you out on it. Not just to any dumb employee, but the store manager himself. You don't see a problem with that?
Admitting what? And I never said I was mad, I just thought it was funny he made that snarky comment, since it had been nearly 4 months since I last traded in anything. He wasn't even the one processing the sale, and just glanced over when he made that comment. I see nothing wrong with the comment I made. You, a guy who has admitted his "assistant" got trade banned and employees recognize for doing so many trades, have no no right to be calling me out.

All my local stores have had those banners up since the 4 for $20 started.
This store had put it up between Friday and yesterday. Was hoping it was some surprise Memorial Day sale.

In other news, saw a sign for 4 for $10 on games $4.99 and less. Asked about it, but was told it was not currently going on. Does anyone remember a $4 for 10 recently or do any GS employees know if one is coming up?

Still skeptical since the email did say values were til 5/29...stores are about to open here on the East Coast so I'll either call or hopefully someone can confirm soon.

Wait, I thought you had to trade something in for the code to work?

200.gif

I try to avoid conflict no matter what, but I would lose my shit if that happened. I'm not sure if this would help, but I would leave my cell phone number and say "feel free to contact me" on the survey in case the district manager wants to speak with you. Maybe they'd compensate you somehow. I would also put the time and date from the receipt on there in case they can review the surveillance footage and watch him make the switch.

Maybe I'm overthinking it and they already have all of that info from that receipt ID number you type.

So not a big deal but in my flipping an employee tossed another Pre order on my account. Pretty sure he was just trying to pad his numbers since he mentioned all my trade ins let him hit his metrics for the day so after I added MXGP3 he pre ordered tekken 7 too. Whatever, not like I can't get the credit back just made me laugh.

Excuse my stupidity, but I don't go to GameStop that often and I never really did. Anyhow, I read multiple posts and from what I gather, when GameStop has these promos where you trade towards X, Y, or Z and get a % bonus, you can trade MORE than what it costs for X, Y, Z and you get the % bonus on ALL your trade-ins? I didn't know that, if that's the case. That's the only way I could make sense out of the "spend 39.99 for a game to get hundreds extra in trade credit" comment I read earlier.

Any help explaining anything I missed would be greatly appreciated. I already know flippers buy out Target clearance the second they hear about it involving items that trade in for more value than the clearance price (before or after the Red card discount), so I get some of the tricks involved here. It's just if that's the way GameStop's flipping nonsense works, I would have lined up more of my trade-ins in the past with those promos.

Excuse my stupidity, but I don't go to GameStop that often and I never really did. Anyhow, I read multiple posts and from what I gather, when GameStop has these promos where you trade towards X, Y, or Z and get a % bonus, you can trade MORE than what it costs for X, Y, Z and you get the % bonus on ALL your trade-ins? I didn't know that, if that's the case. That's the only way I could make sense out of the "spend 39.99 for a game to get hundreds extra in trade credit" comment I read earlier.

Any help explaining anything I missed would be greatly appreciated. I already know flippers buy out Target clearance the second they hear about it involving items that trade in for more value than the clearance price (before or after the Red card discount), so I get some of the tricks involved here. It's just if that's the way GameStop's flipping nonsense works, I would have lined up more of my trade-ins in the past with those promos.
Read through the FAQ on the first page

And those $5 generic trade bonus coupons - you can just print that out everytime you go to trade in stuff and use it? Aren't those physical cards in-store that the employees have to have? LOL

And those $5 generic trade bonus coupons - you can just print that out everytime you go to trade in stuff and use it? Aren't those physical cards in-store that the employees have to have? LOL
I had it in the bag with the games I wanted to trade in. The GS employee just scanned it before he started scanning the games. It saved me the trouble of having to explain where I got the coupon.

This in my experience has been a toss up. Some fight me all the way unless I have a physical coupon while some just scan the barcode on my phone with no issues at all. Some employees tell me they can't give me a card when I'm trading in because I had to have it in my possession before walking in the store while others have handed me one while I was standing in line with my items to trade.

It's YMMV overall imho.

I'm trying to do an in-store pickup at Best Buy since I'm stuck at work. Even though the games are in stock and the product page says that I can get it today, at checkout it says that it's available tomorrow. Anyone else having this issue?

IHzpUha.png

It will be ready in a hour it happens to me some times but it's always ready if they have it in stock
I'm trying to do an in-store pickup at Best Buy since I'm stuck at work. Even though the games are in stock and the product page says that I can get it today, at checkout it says that it's available tomorrow. Anyone else having this issue?

IHzpUha.png

IHzpUha.png
I had that same message over the weekend but then had no problem, got the pickup ready email like an hour later.

Can we buy Amazon Gift Cards still with trade credit? Sorry haven't been in the loop in years, just came back. Read the last few pages, didn't see anything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back