GameStop Weekly AD 9/28-10/04

Royal High Knight

CAGiversary!
Feedback
133 (100%)
http://www.ebgames.com/weeklyad

It's that time of the week again. This week's deals aren't the worst but are far from good.

Noteables:

360 and PS3:

Mortal Kombat- $39.99
Transformers: Dark of The Moon- $39.99

DS:

Transformers: Dark of The Moon- $19.99

HNot much to say. Maybe the ds version of transformers can be a good flip to BB?
^Nevermind

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm set to pick up Bloodstone tonight. Kind of regret getting Goldeney for $19.99 earlier this summer though, especially with the HD version coming out this fall.

Looks like I just found a great way to convert my $50 GS credit to Amazon credit and get a free copy of Bloodstone for myself in the process. :)

Bloodstone and Goldeneye are definitely worth $10 each. I already passed Bloodstone when I rented it from Gamefly, so I will skip this, but its tempting to pick it up for PS3 just to have it.

[quote name='argyle']Looks like I just found a great way to convert my $50 GS credit to Amazon credit and get a free copy of Bloodstone for myself in the process. :)[/QUOTE]

sneaky sneaky sneaky....don't take my copy :)

Do guys think the xbox bundle is a great deal or is there a for sure price drop coming soon? Do you think that I should wait a little bit more? TIA

[quote name='cancerman1120']Any chance Best Buy would price match this? My trade credit is currently with them.[/QUOTE]
They should. Just bring in a copy of the ad with you to BB. However I'm not even seeing Bloodstone listed on BB's website.

Last edited by a moderator:
well looks a trip to the local gs is in order...a couple of sweet deals at that price....i'll get golden eye and bloodstone....
thx op

[quote name='Vader582']They should. Just bring in a copy of the ad with you to BB. However I'm not evening seeing Bloodstone listed on BB's website.[/QUOTE]

I typed in Blood Stone on their website and it showed up. I hope they price match because I have a $5.00 rewards cert. that I would love to use towards Blood Stone. Has anyone had luck price matching Best Buy with a printout of Gamestop's ad?

Everyone should go to the goldeneye page on amazon and click on tell us about a better price. Then enter the link of goldeneye on gamestop.

Blood Stone was a VERY short game, probably about 4-5 hours, and the multiplayer's decent, but not too many people playing it online. The game is also in third person, rather than the traditional first person view. I enjoyed Quantum of Solace more than this, and there's still people playing online, but Blood Stone does have higher production values, at least.

does gamestop usually have their ads inside their stores. i remember the last time i brought in a printed ad to bestbuy and they would not honor it.

[quote name='mightymek']I typed in Blood Stone on their website and it showed up. I hope they price match because I have a $5.00 rewards cert. that I would love to use towards Blood Stone. Has anyone had luck price matching Best Buy with a printout of Gamestop's ad?[/QUOTE]About a year and a half ago, I was able to price match a $39.99 sale price for Fallout 3: Game of the Year at Best Buy during one of Gamestop's PowerSaver sales. The CS rep will have to call a local Gamestop and check the price, but it should still work.

[quote name='mightymek']I typed in Blood Stone on their website and it showed up. I hope they price match because I have a $5.00 rewards cert. that I would love to use towards Blood Stone. Has anyone had luck price matching Best Buy with a printout of Gamestop's ad?[/QUOTE]
I'm glad you found that! I entered it before and only found a trailer and some CDs with the same name. I'd prefer a sealed copy and to use my store credit, so I think I may try and PM too.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...&usc=All+Categories&ks=960#storeInventoryLink

I'm just going to get Blood Stone again - played it and absolutely loved it. It isn't without it's faults, but i'm a 007 freak so it's an experience i thoroughly enjoyed

Thanks OP! Picked up a 2nd DJ Hero turntable, Golden Eye for Wii, and Blood Stone for 360! -- Got them all off of store credit with trades I did today. So good deal for me! Thanks!

So it looks like only the new version is on sale... Weird considering they normally drop the used game price also I thought. While $10 is still a great deal was hoping for a $8 after used drop and PUR.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']So it looks like only the new version is on sale... Weird considering they normally drop the used game price also I thought. While $10 is still a great deal was hoping for a $8 after used drop and PUR.[/QUOTE]

It's just $2 more, go for it!!!

[quote name='Jimmienoman']So it looks like only the new version is on sale... Weird considering they normally drop the used game price also I thought. While $10 is still a great deal was hoping for a $8 after used drop and PUR.[/QUOTE]

What the f.ck?

Seriously dude, it's 2 freaking dollars more. Go to a "wish fountain" near you and pick up the quarters people threw at it if you want to save $2.

2 Dollars.

[quote name='Sir Daniel Fortesque']What the f.ck?

Seriously dude, it's 2 freaking dollars more. Go to a "wish fountain" near you and pick up the quarters people threw at it if you want to save $2.

2 Dollars.

2[/QUOTE]

sometimes it just baffles me that people will buy used vs. new with just a few bucks different. but hey, its their prerogative i guess.

2 Dollars.

2[/QUOTE]
Actually it's closer to $3 if he has a PUR card.
Save $3 where you can, Jimmienoman. GS will survive without those $3.

2 Dollars.

2[/QUOTE]

Why are you getting so angry about somebody wanting to save a little bit extra on a site called CHEAP ass gamers. Maybe you should look a the top of the page every once in a while

[quote name='THeMaddOx']Why are you getting so angry about somebody wanting to save a little bit extra on a site called CHEAP ass gamers. Maybe you should look a the top of the page every once in a while[/QUOTE]

I know, right? I just find the idea of saving 2 bucks between a "new" copy of a game vs. used (aka money for Gamestop) to be ridiculous.

[quote name='Sir Daniel Fortesque']I know, right? I just find the idea of saving 2 bucks between a "new" copy of a game vs. used (aka money for Gamestop) to be ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

dude did you forget about what website your on. The url mostly tells you. I don't want to play the game i'm going to flip it so i want to buy this for as cheap as possible. If you plan on keeping then i can see why it is annoying to get it used instead of new for only a difference of a few dollars.

[quote name='Vader582']Actually it's closer to $3 if he has a PUR card.
Save $3 where you can, Jimmienoman. GS will survive without those $3.[/QUOTE]

GS makes a much bigger profit on used games than on new ones.

It is Cheapassgamer here but sometimes being REALLY cheap gets annoying.

Then again, GS profits more on used than new.

[quote name='illennium']GS makes a much bigger profit on used games than on new ones.[/QUOTE]
True but if he's paying out of pocket that's less money for them. Buying used with store credit is hyperprofit for GS.

bread's done
Back