GameStop Weekly AD 9/28-10/04

Royal High Knight

CAGiversary!
Feedback
133 (100%)
http://www.ebgames.com/weeklyad

It's that time of the week again. This week's deals aren't the worst but are far from good.

Noteables:

360 and PS3:

Mortal Kombat- $39.99
Transformers: Dark of The Moon- $39.99

DS:

Transformers: Dark of The Moon- $19.99

HNot much to say. Maybe the ds version of transformers can be a good flip to BB?
^Nevermind

Last edited by a moderator:
picked up Goldeneye at the store in Calexico, they still had another copy left. No luck on Bloodstone, hope Amazon pulls through.

I got Prince of Persia for 7.99 and The Darkness for 4.99 before my Powerup discount. Good deal? I'm going to try and find another Gamestop to sell me Bloodstone, since this one had a letter that ordered them to pull the game.

[quote name='TheCro']wat?

Anyway, this thread has been totally derailed. Anyone know if people still play Bloodstone online on PS3?[/QUOTE]

I hear ya. I just wanted to tell everyone about the weekly deal andthen somehow everything goes to hell. i don't mind, seems to happen on evey thread of mine that isn't a contest. Here's hoping that a b2g1 starts next week.

$7.99 for Prince of Persia b4 the discount is an absolute steal! The game is visually stunning - if you aren't turned off by the fact that the game isn't particularly challenging and can just enjoy the fantastic acrobatics and the insanely gorgeous art design, you're in for a real treat.

[quote name='Heavyd814life']$7.99 for Prince of Persia b4 the discount is an absolute steal! The game is visually stunning - if you aren't turned off by the fact that the game isn't particularly challenging and can just enjoy the fantastic acrobatics and the insanely gorgeous art design, you're in for a real treat.[/QUOTE]

This ! Price of Persia got alot of flack for "holding Your hand" but you play this game for the experience and the relaxation it brings. Stunning visuals, good story and great characters. 7.99 is a good deal for this game.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']I hear ya. I just wanted to tell everyone about the weekly deal andthen somehow everything goes to hell. i don't mind, seems to happen on evey thread of mine that isn't a contest. Here's hoping that a b2g1 starts next week.[/QUOTE]

In for BloodStone and GoldenEye. Thanks OP

[quote name='aptanor']Hey, people ranting about GS opening games and removing the disk, maybe if people didn't steal games there wouldn't be an issue. Just my 2 cents but it's not unreasonable if you're going to open it anyway. If you're looking to keep things sealed then don't shop at GS, but remember you're the minority of people who buy games. Keeping the games in cages wouldn't work for a game store either as they'd need several employees on hand at all times just to open them up for everyone going "Can I see that? Can I see that?" I'm just so sick of the complaints every time GS is mentioned :I[/QUOTE]

gamestop isn't the only victim of theft, and yet no other store has an "open box conditioned as new" policy

[quote name='Jacoblee23']I picked up Bayonetta for 9.99 today here. Great deal?[/QUOTE]

Yes thats a very good deal. Was that new or used? Game was easily worth the 60.

[quote name='Abeja']Yes thats a very good deal. Was that new or used? Game was easily worth the 60.[/QUOTE]

I loved bayonetta ! However my gripes with the game were the on rails driving segments,
Recycled bosses and the story. However If you just want flashy action with substance then this game is for you

[quote name='strait edge follower']I loved bayonetta ! However If you just want flashy action with substance then this game is for you[/QUOTE]

Yes Finally! That is what i have been waiting for.. ;)

[quote name='mightymek']I decided to try my luck getting a price match at Best Buy since I had a $5 coupon from my Shopkick rewards. They had no problem price matching with a printout of the Gamestop ad. What they did have a problem with was giving it to me for $9.99 when they sell their copies for $49.99. It took four employees, a manager, and some phone calls, but they finally agreed to price match. With my certificate, I walked out the door with a Xbox 360 version of Blood Stone for $5.29. I already beat it on the PS3 when it first came out. It's an excellent game and easily worth $10. If anyone is in the Palm Beach, FL area, the Boynton Beach Best Buy had at least 15 copies of the Xbox 360 version.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. Had to have the manager call Gamestop and verify it was not a mistake. They have no business selling that game for 49.99. No wonder they had like 10 copies of the game when I got there. At that priced they would sit there forever without price matching.

[quote name='Abeja']Yes thats a very good deal. Was that new or used? Game was easily worth the 60.[/QUOTE]

I think he used some whatever remaining credit he had to make it $10. Game is easily worth $50, the bad thing about this is that games like this go down in price pretty fast.

Ex. When I first got my Xbox there was a game that I needed to have on release date no matter what.. Ninja Gaiden 2. Paid $60 for that bad boy and loved it. Check back on GS 5-6 months later, the game is worth $20. I was so mad but didn't really let it bother me because that game is awesome and I can't wait for the 3rd even though I think i now what's going to happen to that one.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I loved bayonetta ! However my gripes with the game were the on rails driving segments,
Recycled bosses and the story. However If you just want flashy action with substance then this game is for you[/QUOTE]

I platnimuned the game but, I just loved playing the Angel Slayer arena that you unlock beating the game. The combat was so much fun. Soundtrack was pretty awesome too.

I didnt like the on-rails parts either and the story was off I had heard about the story before hand so I wasnt too upset.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']I think he used some whatever remaining credit he had to make it $10. Game is easily worth $50, the bad thing about this is that games like this go down in price pretty fast.

Ex. When I first got my Xbox there was a game that I needed to have on release date no matter what.. Ninja Gaiden 2. Paid $60 for that bad boy and loved it. Check back on GS 5-6 months later, the game is worth $20. I was so mad but didn't really let it bother me because that game is awesome and I can't wait for the 3rd even though I think i now what's going to happen to that one.[/QUOTE]

I guess so. I got confused by his post.

NG was pretty good. I gotta grab it again and play through it.

[quote name='sgr76']Yes Finally! That is what i have been waiting for.. ;)[/QUOTE]

Great Hope you enjoy it ! Oh and one tip for you, the kitana weapon is Your best friend. I didnt use the guns much except to get cheap damage against mini bosses that move around alot. I managed to beat the game with the kitana. Oh and grace and glory is a fucking bitch to fight lol.

[quote name='Abeja']I platnimuned the game but, I just loved playing the Angel Slayer arena that you unlock beating the game. The combat was so much fun. Soundtrack was pretty awesome too.

I didnt like the on-rails parts either and the story was off I had heard about the story before hand so I wasnt too upset.[/QUOTE]

I sucked at angel slayer so bad

[quote name='Royal High Knight']I think he used some whatever remaining credit he had to make it $10. Game is easily worth $50, the bad thing about this is that games like this go down in price pretty fast.

Ex. When I first got my Xbox there was a game that I needed to have on release date no matter what.. Ninja Gaiden 2. Paid $60 for that bad boy and loved it. Check back on GS 5-6 months later, the game is worth $20. I was so mad but didn't really let it bother me because that game is awesome and I can't wait for the 3rd even though I think i now what's going to happen to that one.[/QUOTE]

I meant to post that about Bayonetta in the Blockbuster thread. My mistake, not Gamestop. It was in the clearance bin at my local Blockbuster.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I sucked at angel slayer so bad[/QUOTE]

I had to get the Pillow Talk especially for Jill later on and those big dragon. It takes a bit to get to the Infinite Climax round. I never finished it either. It was just alot of fun to play. Loved fighting the angels.

[quote name='Jacoblee23']I meant to post that about Bayonetta in the Blockbuster thread. My mistake, not Gamestop. It was in the clearance bin at my local Blockbuster.[/QUOTE]

Yeah its been that price at Blockbuster. Still a great deal. I wish I would have grabbed another $10 copy back when Nebraska Furniture Mart had it.

I got excited for a sec. I thought Gamestop had another $10 on sale this week.

[quote name='aptanor']Hey, people ranting about GS opening games and removing the disk, maybe if people didn't steal games there wouldn't be an issue. Just my 2 cents but it's not unreasonable if you're going to open it anyway. If you're looking to keep things sealed then don't shop at GS, but remember you're the minority of people who buy games. Keeping the games in cages wouldn't work for a game store either as they'd need several employees on hand at all times just to open them up for everyone going "Can I see that? Can I see that?" I'm just so sick of the complaints every time GS is mentioned :I[/QUOTE]

I have worked at Gamestop for 2 years, and the reason why they 'open' the case is only if they have one copy left. All of the games they get are stored in drawers/cabinets behind the counter (or maybe in the back), but one copy has to go out on the sales floor so people know that they have it in stock. They take the disc out, and keep it behind the counter in a sleeve. It's the last copy if it's not in a case.

Snagged two copies of Goldeneye 007 new. One was gutted but I'm playing that one so I didn't mind. Save the other for a Christmas gift for someone, or more likely trading at an opportune time.

Funny thing happened in my GameStop though. The clerk didn't know Goldeneye was on sale. I went and found a copy marked at $9.99 on the shelf. He told me that for some bizarre reason, used copies are still $26. Worst part, he had just sold someone a used copy at this price. Hopefully they get their weekly ad and bring that bad boy back.

i picked up blood stone for ps3 and golden eye for the wii. im not a big 007 fan but you cant buy one of those games used for the price i paid for both. $20.00 bucks for both.

Is gamestop still doing the used game deal of the week ? Or did the army of two one bomb so bad that they stoped it again after one week ? Im hoping they do one with darksiders for 9.99 or less

[quote name='Punisher138']Same thing happened to me. Had to have the manager call Gamestop and verify it was not a mistake. They have no business selling that game for 49.99. No wonder they had like 10 copies of the game when I got there. At that priced they would sit there forever without price matching.[/QUOTE]

There's no point in PM'ing at a place like BB that's going to be jerks about the PM, since BB doesn't do any kind of 10% of the difference type thing. Even if you have BB credit, walk in, pay, leave is better than walk in, spend 45 minutes talking to every person working in the store, possibly be accused of fraud, eventually pay, leave.

[quote name='cynicalaa22']I have worked at Gamestop for 2 years, and the reason why they 'open' the case is only if they have one copy left. All of the games they get are stored in drawers/cabinets behind the counter (or maybe in the back), but one copy has to go out on the sales floor so people know that they have it in stock. They take the disc out, and keep it behind the counter in a sleeve. It's the last copy if it's not in a case.[/QUOTE]

Wow... see you learn something new every day!

But seriously, why do some people defend this policy? It's a turn-off to many buyers and I can't see any business sense in it.

Okay, I will continue with the assumption that no one here has ever been to a Gamestop. So anyway, when you step into this store, you will likely see a box for a "new" copy of a game sitting on the shelf long after it has sold out everywhere else. How is this? Well, it's probably because it's open and the cover-art is now beat-up or possibly missing along with the manual. Hmm... definitely sounds like something I'd wanna pay full price for!

Tell me how are games sitting in their inventory forever making them money? Would it not be better business sense to use a promo box if available or a good ol' printer and empty case to convey the availability of the product to the customer, greatly expediting the sale of the last copy of each game? Wouldn't this free up capital for the company and also have the benefit of not irritating a significant portion of their customer base? Oh wait, that's right... then the employees couldn't take the game home and play it, then put it back for the store to sell as brand monkey-spanking new with scratches, no manual, and a generic cover.

Now I know there's no point in getting mad when you could just not buy the product if it's open - but to actually argue that it's a proper business practice to sell open items as new at full retail price is absurd. That is of course unless the employee pinky-swears that the game was never played and that there was never a manual in the case to begin with... which is obviously an infinitely better guarantee that a game has never been played than your standard y-fold seal (and does much more for the collector value).

[quote name='smcmanus1980']Wow... see you learn something new every day!

But seriously, why do some people defend this policy? It's a turn-off to many buyers and I can't see any business sense in it.

Okay, I will continue with the assumption that no one here has ever been to a Gamestop. So anyway, when you step into this store, you will likely see a box for a "new" copy of a game sitting on the shelf long after it has sold out everywhere else. How is this? Well, it's probably because it's open and the cover-art is now beat-up or possibly missing along with the manual. Hmm... definitely sounds like something I'd wanna pay full price for!

Tell me how are games sitting in their inventory forever making them money? Would it not be better business sense to use a promo box if available or a good ol' printer and empty case to convey the availability of the product to the customer, greatly expediting the sale of the last copy of each game? Wouldn't this free up capital for the company and also have the benefit of not irritating a significant portion of their customer base? Oh wait, that's right... then the employees couldn't take the game home and play it, then put it back for the store to sell as brand monkey-spanking new with scratches, no manual, and a generic cover.

Now I know there's no point in getting mad when you could just not buy the product if it's open - but to actually argue that it's a proper business practice to sell open items as new at full retail price is absurd. That is of course unless the employee pinky-swears that the game was never played and that there was never a manual in the case to begin with... which is obviously an infinitely better guarantee that a game has never been played than your standard y-fold seal (and does much more for the collector value).[/QUOTE]

As a job itself (duties, customer service, etc.), I've enjoyed it. But as far as business practices, policies, and managing, the company is awful. It's incredible how much they rip off customers, and the customers simply don't care in the least, it's like they welcome it. I know 'regulars' that come in about once a week, buy the newest game for $65 after tax, and then trade it in for $20 in store credit within 4-5 days after claiming to beat it, and the cycle repeats. It doesn't cross their mind to rent the game or to get Gamefly. Bunch of morons.

This is actually a pretty good weekly ad for GS, the 250 GB Kinect bundle rarely gets any love. Most other retailers have had the Shred/Ride bundles for that price as well as DSIII, maybe my standards for GS have lowered.

[quote name='cynicalaa22']I have worked at Gamestop for 2 years, and the reason why they 'open' the case is only if they have one copy left. All of the games they get are stored in drawers/cabinets behind the counter (or maybe in the back), but one copy has to go out on the sales floor so people know that they have it in stock. They take the disc out, and keep it behind the counter in a sleeve. It's the last copy if it's not in a case.[/QUOTE]

He's right that's what happen to PVZ when I went to pick it up. Still was mad as hell when he showed me that.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']He's right that's what happen to PVZ when I went to pick it up. Still was mad as hell when he showed me that.[/QUOTE]

I felt the same way when I bought Trinity Universe. Was hoping to complete my collection sealed PS3 JRPG's... now I have to try to track another one down. :hot:

[quote name='spacegundam0079']As for PM'ing at BB . It was a breeze . Picked up Bloodstone used a $10 cert and a pack of gum . Payed a lil over a dollar and walked out in 5 mins .[/QUOTE]

Can you also tell me what you had for breakfast today?

[quote name='Sir Daniel Fortesque']Can you also tell me what you had for breakfast today?[/QUOTE]

Forget that. I need to know what kind of gum he got. :drool:

[quote name='cynicalaa22']As a job itself (duties, customer service, etc.), I've enjoyed it. But as far as business practices, policies, and managing, the company is awful. It's incredible how much they rip off customers, and the customers simply don't care in the least, it's like they welcome it. I know 'regulars' that come in about once a week, buy the newest game for $65 after tax, and then trade it in for $20 in store credit within 4-5 days after claiming to beat it, and the cycle repeats. It doesn't cross their mind to rent the game or to get Gamefly. Bunch of morons.[/QUOTE]
I used to see some of those 'regulars' when I'd be in GS flipping some stuff. It just amused me to see so many people who are so uneducated/uninformed on promos and price drops and what not buying so much stuff at MSRP and then getting near nothing for it so soon after.

As for gutting a copy(or two/three) to make display cases for the wall, I have to wonder again why such a big national chain such as Gamestop can't or won't get display cases from the manufacturers of these games like TRU does. They have display cases out with coverart that still shows off the game and it doesn't require them to open up new/sealed copies of the games to make display cases.

Then again I guess GS doesn't wanna expend the half a cent per case/artwork they'd possibly be charged by the publisher of these games to get a single copy for each of their stores. It might hurt their precious billions in profit.:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I used to see some of those 'regulars' when I'd be in GS flipping some stuff. It just amused me to see so many people who are so uneducated/uninformed on promos and price drops and what not buying so much stuff at MSRP and then getting near nothing for it so soon after.

As for gutting a copy(or two/three) to make display cases for the wall, I have to wonder again why such a big national chain such as Gamestop can't or won't get display cases from the manufacturers of these games like TRU does. They have display cases out with coverart that still shows off the game and it doesn't require them to open up new/sealed copies of the games to make display cases.

Then again I guess GS doesn't wanna expend the half a cent per case/artwork they'd possibly be charged by the publisher of these games to get a single copy for each of their stores. It might hurt their precious billions in profit.:roll:[/QUOTE]

AMEN to that brother :applause::applause::applause:

I price matched my copy at Wal-Mart today. I didn't feel like dealing with the possibility of there being only 1 copy left that would be opened... Wal-Mart FTW!!!

That's nice and all, but it is known that employees take these so called "new" games home and play them (Even with just 1 copy left).

I try to avoid GameStop, but if I do go there I now specifically ask "do you have game X unopened." If they don't have an unopened copy, then I leave and go elsewhere. I refuse to pay the full new game price for an opened game.

Price matched the Goldeneye at BB. Goddamn, I don't want to purchase games at stores ever again.

"Would you like to protect your game"
"You should definitely do it"
"It only costs $4"
"Would you like a card"

No f.ck you. If I wanted any of that crap I'd ask you about it. Shut the hell up already, aaaaaaargh.

Amazon FTW.

[quote name='Sir Daniel Fortesque']Price matched the Goldeneye at BB. Goddamn, I don't want to purchase games at stores ever again.

"Would you like to protect your game"
"You should definitely do it"
"It only costs $4"
"Would you like a card"

No f.ck you. If I wanted any of that crap I'd ask you about it. Shut the hell up already, aaaaaaargh.

Amazon FTW.[/QUOTE]

Actually you should do it for games that come with dlc. I get a warranty on a game with dlc and then like 1-2 later "pretend" it doesn't work and get a brand new copy with brand new dlc in it.

Preowned deal of the week. 20 GB 360 Hard drive $15. How can I edit the title so I can include that and that atleast 5 other threads aren't created just for that deal.

Damn man, I guess gamestops are YMMV, because I never get hassled like this.

I mean just today I was given a 1:1 game exchange without a receipt for my 360 copy of catherine for the ps3 version, granted I didnt open it and they gave me a 360 deluxe instead of the PS3 one I preordered, still. Then 2 months ago I exchanged a 360 LA Noire for a PS3 copy because I won it in a twitter contest and the guy was much obliged to do it, again unopened.

And today when I bought Hero Edition of iF2, guy just asked if I wanted to preorder a game in the future, and every game retailer does that so I wasnt bothered and we ended up in a discussion about PS vita and the 3ds price drop that happened when I casually asked if those 3DS' were flying off the shelves yet.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Preowned deal of the week. 20 GB 360 Hard drive $15. How can I edit the title so I can include that and that atleast 5 other threads aren't created just for that deal.[/QUOTE]

That's kinda weak. What a disappointment.

You guys think I should do GS weekly deals for now on. I wouldn't mind doing it. If I wiki this you guys can also edit it as well, so you can catch any hick ups I do? Also Updated some things

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Preowned deal of the week. 20 GB 360 Hard drive $15. How can I edit the title so I can include that and that atleast 5 other threads aren't created just for that deal.[/QUOTE]

That deal sucks hard, was hoping for darksiders for 9.99 or less since my gamestop has alot of copys and i would like one for really cheap. They are still 17.99 at gamestop :(

I lucked out today. I set out for GameStop today, and on the way, I decided I better call ahead and make sure they have it sealed. Guy says they do and holds it for me. When I pick it up, the guy tells me that he was getting ready to gut it and put it on display when I called. If I hadn't called, I wouldn't have gotten a sealed copy.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']You guys think I should do GS weekly deals for now on. I wouldn't mind doing it. If I wiki this you guys can also edit it as well, so you can catch any hick ups I do?[/QUOTE]

Ive been posting the last couple of ads ex this one but if you put it up before me then Thats ok :). I could make it wiki too so whoever finds out the used deal of the week can update it. Dont know why gamestop doesnt out it in the ad

[quote name='PretentiousWaffle']Looks like all the major retailers (BB, Gamestop, Walmart) have all dropped Starcraft 2 to $50. Anyone know why?[/QUOTE]

Either everyone is price matching eachother or its a msrp drop

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']...Then again I guess GS doesn't wanna expend the half a cent per case/artwork they'd possibly be charged by the publisher of these games to get a single copy for each of their stores. It might hurt their precious billions in profit.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Yes, they'd rather tie up $20 or whatever they paid for a game times tens of thousands of games for a year or better on each game by having gutted copies rot in their stores. I'm sure this policy was the brain-child of some corporate ass-hat making six figures or better... yet I'm un-employed and will probably be lucky to find a job making $12/hr... FML :cry:

bread's done
Back