Free Gears of War 2 (or $10 LE) when you order the Amazon GOW2 Lancer
Free $10 gift card with Regular edition

Best Buy

Free RC Tank with Gears of War 2 Limited Edition

Circuit Ctiy

Free XBL 1600 point card with Regular and Limited Edition

Costco
Xbox 360 Pro Console Bundle $390 [hiddenlist]

• Xbox 360 Pro 60GB version (comes with Lego Indiana Jones and Kung Fu Panda)
  • 12 month XBL Gold membership
  • Extra Wireless Controller
  • Your choice of Gears of War 2 or Call of Duty: World At War
  • Voucher for 3 free XBLA Downloads (PacMan CE, Poker Smash, and Catan)
[/hiddenlist]

Newegg.com
Regular edition $53.99 - Limited Edition $66.99

Toys R Us

Free $15 gift card (Regular and Limited Editions?)

Walmart

Free $10 gift card with Regular and Limited Edition

Last edited by a moderator:
Got GOW 2 LE @ BB and PM'ed to CC's free 1600 point card

They would have givin' me an R/C tank as well, but their store never got any in stock. They said I could check back later.

edit: It's a really cool BB, but definite YMMV on the CC PM and R/C Tank goin' together

Last edited by a moderator:
I PM'ed BB w/the TRU ad and got the last copy they had of the LE for $59.99 out the door.

I tried to get the $15 GC as well, and even printed out the BB policy page that was pasted in this thread, and the lady said that policy refers to when BB is offering a GC and you PM that item from another store.

They were very friendly about it all though and I kept a nice tone and said thanks for trying, I just wanted to check.

I didn't realize the LE's were so scarce though, you can't even order them on ebgames.com anymore, and TRU didn't have any, and the BB i went to only had 1 left which i grabbed.

[quote name='purbeast']I PM'ed BB w/the TRU ad and got the last copy they had of the LE for $59.99 out the door.

I tried to get the $15 GC as well, and even printed out the BB policy page that was pasted in this thread, and the lady said that policy refers to when BB is offering a GC and you PM that item from another store.

They were very friendly about it all though and I kept a nice tone and said thanks for trying, I just wanted to check.

I didn't realize the LE's were so scarce though, you can't even order them on ebgames.com anymore, and TRU didn't have any, and the BB i went to only had 1 left which i grabbed.[/quote]

My BB had over a dozen or more LE's left, and I think they had a Midnight launch last night. Although my store is in the heart of Denver and I really don't think there are that many hardcore gamers here. At least I don't get that impression around here. The location may have an effect on how many LE's come to a store.

Also LE's come in based on pre-orders.

Just got my copy at CC. Looks like they were saving the point cards for pre-orders, but they did offer a "special order," where they charge you $40 for Gears 2 and $19.99 for the 1600 MS points card. They took my phone number and said I would be called within a week when they have more in stock.

So if you guys head to CC and there are no point cards in-stock, be sure to ask for a "special order" for the point cards. Hope this helps anyone.

[quote name='MtlTom']Just called my local CC. They said they have plenty of copies of the game but the 1600 point cards won't be in till at least noon. They did say if I keep the reciept they'll honor the free cards as soon as they get them in stock. I'm going during lunch so we'll see...[/QUOTE]

I just went to the CC in San Mateo (which was out of 1600 point cards) and I only had a week to get the 1600 point card and that is if they end up getting any... sigh

My closing CC had a sign up in the door that they weren't offering any of the advertised deals, so I went to BB and they refused to match the points deal. I mentioned the web site and they printed it out and said that Exclusions clause trumps all. They were firm about it and sounded like they've been slapping down this question all day.

Oh well, off to the CC near my home after work at the expense of a buck's worth of gas and a half-hour of my time. If BB is so flush with cash that they don't need my money, then fuck 'em!

I just got back from my excursion to the North Fayette, PA CC (the one in the Pointe), and (surprise surprise) they didn't have any 1600 point cards. This location, however, is doing better than that, given that deals on points cards aren't that hard to score. They're instead issuing $20 GC's in their place. :D I also tried to combine 2x this deal with a $15 off $100 coupon I have but that was a no-go. Even so, I'm pretty happy with getting 2x Gears + $40 in GC's for a touch over $120, since there will be plenty of deals in the future to use the GC's on. :p

[quote name='Googer']I just got back from my excursion to the North Fayette, PA CC (the one in the Pointe), and (surprise surprise) they didn't have any 1600 point cards. This location, however, is doing better than that, given that deals on points cards aren't that hard to score. They're instead issuing $20 GC's in their place. :D I also tried to combine 2x this deal with a $15 off $100 coupon I have but that was a no-go. Even so, I'm pretty happy with getting 2x Gears + $40 in GC's for a touch over $120, since there will be plenty of deals in the future to use the GC's on. :p[/quote]

heh those GC's may not be worth anything in the next month or so, so you better use them quick.

[quote name='purbeast']heh those GC's may not be worth anything in the next month or so, so you better use them quick.[/quote]I thought about that but I'm not too concerned about using them even if CC as a whole goes under since that's probably not in the immediate future and none of my local CC's are closing for now (and even if they did, the GC's would still work on their website). ;)

fyi..circuit city in marple/springfield PA is all out of point cards. BUT they are giving out $20 gift cards as a sub..they even come with crayons so you can draw on the gc

Went to the Roseville, MN store over lunch and they didn't have any 1600 point cards. They told me I could special order it, but I called BB and they said they'd price match so I went there. Had plenty of points cards, picked 1 up and a copy of the game and went to customer service. It was no problem, they rang me up without any hassle and seemed like they'd been doing the deal all day long.

So if you don't want to wait for your points, try BB. Its YMMV, but try calling first.

[quote name='sleepernoob']I had trouble getting the $15 gift card at TRU. The CSR didn't want to give the $15 gift card because the ad says only through 11/6. I asked her "How can that be possible? The game came out today?". She said only preorders got the $15 gift card. I took the ad to the manager and he gave me a $15 discount. Now, I'm going to go back and try to get the LE version for $45[/quote]

YES, if your going to TRU be ready for this mistake. I only got it because the sticker on the case was still there. Even though it said the deal ended on the 6th. I had to get a manager to adjust the price. Hope anyone PM'ing doesnt get a smart clerk that notices the deal ended yesterday.

The Circuit City I went to didn't have any points cards (this was around 12:30PM). They did take my address though and said they would ship it to me. I'm hoping they do but wouldn't be shocked if they don't.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Just got my copy at CC. Looks like they were saving the point cards for pre-orders, but they did offer a "special order," where they charge you $40 for Gears 2 and $19.99 for the 1600 MS points card. They took my phone number and said I would be called within a week when they have more in stock.

So if you guys head to CC and there are no point cards in-stock, be sure to ask for a "special order" for the point cards. Hope this helps anyone.[/quote]

Yeah same thing happened to me at the Hialeah CC. No point cards so they took my number down and said they will call me when they get some back in stock. So gears came out to $46, not bad at all.

My CC was out of point cards (keep in mind this is like 10 minutes after they opened) but said I could come back later in the day to get one (they were coming in their shipment for the day)

Got mine at CC. No points card in stock and they said I can go any CC stores later to claim points card for free with original receipt. OTD was $59.99 + tax

I got the same bullshit at CC about not having any point cards. Seems kind of convenient that all CCs are out of cards just as this deal comes around. I just ordered it off WalMart's site instead for the giftcard and I'll return the game at CC. Better to get a $10 GC out of it than nothing.

The CC in White Plains, NY said they didn't get their point cards today and to come back tomorrow. I should point out that the clerk was nice enough to print out an extra receipt with the following at the bottom:

24ni63p.gif

So I would insist on the same thing if anyone else is headed to CC and they don't have cards "left."

EDIT: "Shade" was nice and all but I just saw the spelling mistake...*sigh* No wonder they're going out of business.

Mine said that I can pick up the points card whenever they get their "special order" in, and I'm supposed to get a call. I wasn't suprised at all to see an empty rack where the 1600 point cards are supposed to be, though. Hopefully I'll get them within the next week or so, but I'm going to go in eventually and see if I can just get the $20 back so I don't have to wait.

Mine had a ton. Went in at 1005 and everything was up front. Zero problems. Questions, since the receipt rings up 40 for the game, and 20 for the points...can I return the points for 20 and get the game for 40? I can always pick up points when they come on sale.

My (closing) CC in Mayfield OH had plenty of point cards but I saw no copies of Gears. Didn't bother pursuing it. Just went next door to TRU and got the regular edition with the gift card. I had no problem getting the GC.

Looks like the way to go with CC is online/over the phone. You may have to wait a bit for shipping, but if you want that points card it's the way to go...Or just call ahead to your local store.

[quote name='carbontiger']The CC in White Plains, NY said they didn't get their point cards today and to come back tomorrow. I should point out that the clerk was nice enough to print out an extra receipt with the following at the bottom:

24ni63p.gif

So I would insist on the same thing if anyone else is headed to CC and they don't have cards "left."

EDIT: "Shade" was nice and all but I just saw the spelling mistake...*sigh* No wonder they're going out of business.[/QUOTE]
I am in your neighborhood, westchester too.. LOL.. I got my Bestbuy to price match TRU for Gears 15 GC, and CC for the 10 GC for Resistance 2. small world.

I went to one of my local CCs just before opening and was the first person in the door. The alarm kept going off because of some malfunction (which was annoying) but one of the coolest red-shirts came up and apologized. He immediately pegged me as a Gears player and asked if I wanted the LE, swiping one off the front display. I couldn't find the point cards so he helped me look, then he called the electronics head who said they were "all at the front" ... all at the front being two. So, myself and the second Gears player through the door got them. :D

Meanwhile, I decided to check if two of the local BBs got in tanks... nope, zero. Apparently, over 250 stores did not get a tank shipment yet, so they were taking names of people who preordered. Unfortunately, as someone who ordered online I'll probably not get a tank after all, but I'll just return that one to BB when it comes in. The CC deal made up for it.

[quote name='wolfpackgamer']IDK if anyone else has experienced this but the Circuit City at Crossroads in Cary, NC is selling GOW 2 at a $20 discount because they don't have any point cards in stock. Walked out beaming, having payed only $17 because I had a $25 gift card. They had at least 20 or so copies of the game in stock, and you can choose b/t regular & collector's edition even if you haven't reserved it.[/QUOTE]

PLZ READ. I think if you guys tried to pursue this it would be much nicer to get $20 off instead of waiting a week to possibly get a point card. I'm not sure if anyone else actually got $20 off but most people posting seem to be getting wait for point card/get a gift card instead/ other screwy deals.

[quote name='Shan82']I went to BB here in Denver and just brought in the CC flyer and they matched the 1600 pts card with no problems!! :D

I

[quote name='Shan82']I went to BB here in Denver and just brought in the CC flyer and they matched the 1600 pts card with no problems!! :D

I

[quote name='nny77713']That is ridiculous.

I wonder why they are having financial trouble.

I remember the same thing happened last year with COD4 (free COD3 with purchase).[/quote]

yea same here... The CC i always go to in Arizona is closing down and the closest one is in Tucson. :bomb: I guess my best bet is to buy the game at Toysrus or Gamestop.

I called 4 Best Buys and none of them would price match the ad

My local best buy is giving 1 month gold cards out but will not PM Toysrus or Circuit City's deals. Circuit City did not have any cards, but they rang it up and said they would call once more were in.

I did the next best thing. I brought in the ad from TRU and they took off $10 since it has the picture of LE for $59.99

just got back from tru and got the $15 giftcard no problems,
bestbuy would not ad match tru i tried it before i went there,
so i had to drive extra 15mins down the road,
least i have gow2 now,

My local CC didn't have any 1600 point cards. The guy at the service desk said they only got in 4 (WTF?). They took my name/number and said they'll get more in next week. I'm not holding my breath.

The B.S. is that they charged me $40 for the game and $19.99 for the non-existent 1600 point card. So if I try to return the game they'll only give me $40 when I clearly paid $59.99? Isn't this illegal? It should be. Complete B.S.

I don't know if anyone else posted this or not but the Circuit City near me in Philadelphia PA on the Roosevelt Blvd was giving out $20 gift cards in place of the pts card. Not to shabby. Grabbed myself a copy of Resistance for PS3 pretty much for free as it was on sale there this week for $19.99

[quote name='TheHUZSG20']I don't know if anyone else posted this or not but the Circuit City near me in Philadelphia PA on the Roosevelt Blvd was giving out $20 gift cards in place of the pts card. Not to shabby. Grabbed myself a copy of Resistance for PS3 pretty much for free as it was on sale there this week for $19.99[/quote]
Every CC should have done that if they didn't have them in stock. The money is going right back to their store anyway.

I tried to do a PM at BB on the LE using the TRU ad, saying that they had it for 59.99 with a free $15 GC. The rep made a call to someone on the phone, then told me she could either do the PM and take the $10 off or give me a $15 GC. So I chose to get the free $15 GC and she rang up the game and the GC on separate receipts. Then, I went to another BB and PMed using the same TRU ad.

Ended up getting the LE for $58.99 plus a free $15 Gift Card. Also, I plan to return the copy I ordered from BB.com and keep the RC tank when/if it shows up.

i talked with a CC employee who actually knew wtf was going on with the Gears deal. he said they ran out this morning (i only saw 3 cards in stock yesterday) so what they are doing is mailing the 1600 point cards to you. with free shipping he said you'd get it in 4-10 business days.

sounds like a cool deal but I just don't trust CC anymore.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Just got my copy at CC. Looks like they were saving the point cards for pre-orders, but they did offer a "special order," where they charge you $40 for Gears 2 and $19.99 for the 1600 MS points card. They took my phone number and said I would be called within a week when they have more in stock.

So if you guys head to CC and there are no point cards in-stock, be sure to ask for a "special order" for the point cards. Hope this helps anyone.[/QUOTE]

They did the same for me. This was in Bellingham WA. I even called before they opened and the lady ( I should have got her name) said they had 125 cards. >_

[quote name='lupinckc']They did the same for me. This was in Bellingham WA. I even called before they opened and the lady ( I should have got her name) said they had 125 cards. >_

[quote name='KillaHoe']Circuit City has a in-store pickup...[/quote]

not offered for me, and I'm guessing not for most [free, but slow ship]
- it says 'Not available for in store pick-up'

Anyone here buy the Limited Edition version from Best Buy and got the remote control tank free? I bought both and wonder if I could keep the tank and get my money back on the game? Any one try that yet?

The CC in Madison Heights, MI was totally sold out of the GAME by 7:30 pm when I showed up. They'd just run out and they had received 100 copies!! They said they couldn't raincheck the points, so I went to Costco and bought it for $52 + tax. ($55.11 OTD) If I can find a copy at another CC tomorrow, I'll pick it up, otherwise, fuck it.

[quote name='heybtbm']My local CC didn't have any 1600 point cards. The guy at the service desk said they only got in 4 (WTF?). They took my name/number and said they'll get more in next week. I'm not holding my breath.

The B.S. is that they charged me $40 for the game and $19.99 for the non-existent 1600 point card. So if I try to return the game they'll only give me $40 when I clearly paid $59.99? Isn't this illegal? It should be. Complete B.S.[/QUOTE]

Return the point card and then u will be getting gears for 40!

I was told to came back next week for my 1600 card at my local CC. If they dont have them in by next Friday Im going to be pissed. The clerk asked for my address but didnt say they were going to mail it to me so Im going to check in with them next week like they instructed. CC had the $$$ to advertise this deal on TV so they should have been better prepared. I doubt I will participate in future CC deals as a result of this experience. Talk about dropping the ball.

[quote name='miktau']PM'd at BB with the tru $15 gift card, they just took $15 off the price. Bought two copies for only $48 each OTD.[/quote]

Wow... Lucky Lucky Lucky

Ive called 4 Best Buy's and none of them would price match the ad. Not even the TRU ad.

The Best Buy I went to tonight didnt even have the strategy guide for 25% off when you buy it. Same with the RC, they didnt even get a shipment at all

The only thing i ended up getting for free was a Gears of War 2 keychain and cup holder from Walmart when i didnt even buy it from there

Only surviving Circuit City local to me (Sunnyvale, CA) were total jerks and basically said "we're doing nothing for you" despite mentioning what other stores in the country were doing. I even spoke to the manager and with a snarky attitude he said the other stores aren't supposed to be doing anything, its against store policy etc. WELL, its probably illegal to advertise something that people have NO CHANCE of getting... I think they didn't have any point cards to begin with.. I'm glad CC is dying, and because of their runaround today I'll see to it they don't get any more business from myself or friends.

I opted to get the $5 off deal from Fry's straight up, no strings attached, no running out of pointcards giftcards or any of that crap.

Thanks so much for informing me of the Circuit City deal. That one really made the decision for me. They had no point cards in stock but they offered to send one to me by mail (very surprising)!! I was pretty shocked that I didn't end up having to argue with them about not having enough in stock. Thank

bread's done
Back