Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm i would have to order 2 from walmart or amazon... the only ones that give 20 credit, but would i be able to get two $20 gift cards/amazon credit or would i only get 1? Might have to do separate orders?

I don't think people will trade for Dom because it's the most common skin. A lot of people preordered at Gamestop for the Beta, so there will be a lot of Doms. Savage Kantus and Grenadier are more rare because you have to preorder online, requiring a credit card (kids have to ask Mommy).

Tiers for preorder skins:
1) Savage Kantus
2) Savage Grenadier
3) Mechanic Baird
4) Commando Dom

[quote name='The 7th Number']hmmm i would have to order 2 from walmart or amazon... the only ones that give 20 credit, but would i be able to get two $20 gift cards/amazon credit or would i only get 1? Might have to do separate orders?[/QUOTE]

Correct me if I'm wrong, I think the fine print for the $20 gc from Amazon is, "one offer per household". Not sure if the offer only applies once to each account. Preordering a second copy at a different address will not be a problem with me, if I can get another $20 gc.

But i am the one that wants dom, :D So there should be more than enough people who would want to trade their dom to me for a savage grenadier or savage kantus. The thing is i dont know if its worth the trouble, might lose money trying to buy 4 copies and sell the extra copies on ebay.

A friend of mine went to walmart and put down 10 bucks on gears 3, and he got the code right away for the grenadier. He does live in canada though, so i am not sure if they are doing that in the states.

[quote name='popular penguin']I don't think people will trade for Dom because it's the most common skin. A lot of people preordered at Gamestop for the Beta, so there will be a lot of Doms. Savage Kantus and Grenadier are more rare because you have to preorder online, requiring a credit card (kids have to ask Mommy).[/QUOTE]

You might be right on that... But Best Buy preorders always seem to get crazy on eBay... Another thing to consider, I bet most of the COGs will have unlockable skins for doing cool stuff... Not sure how many Locust skins there will be.

alright so i have pre ordered gears of war LE from Best buy, so getting mechanical baird. Then i pre ordered the Walmart bundle of the game, controller, and 20 dollar gift card for 105 after tax/shipping(85 if you discount the gift card). So i got the savage grenadier skin too. Ill sell the regular copy on ebay probably.

Now i just have to decide if i want to buy the game again from amazon and get the kantus skin + 20 dollar gift card and sell that copy on ebay.

and finally, maybe buy the 99 dollar walmart deal again, because its a great deal, sell the controller and game on ebay and use the grenadier skin for trade for the commando dom skin. Id also probably sell the infected omen skin separate from the controller maybe. Not sure if not including the skin would drive down the bid on the controller.

mmmm... decisions decisions....

[quote name='The 7th Number']But i am the one that wants dom, :D So there should be more than enough people who would want to trade their dom to me for a savage grenadier or savage kantus. The thing is i dont know if its worth the trouble, might lose money trying to buy 4 copies and sell the extra copies on ebay.

A friend of mine went to walmart and put down 10 bucks on gears 3, and he got the code right away for the grenadier. He does live in canada though, so i am not sure if they are doing that in the states.[/QUOTE]

Hit me up on release day and we can deal.

Anyone know where I can find the game for the cheapest price? Not interested in gift cards and newegg isn't offering their discount anymore I think...

Right now I'll be getting the Savage Kantus, Dom, and Adam Fenix since I ordered the Epic Edition from Gamestop, and the Gears 3 console from Amazon. I'll probably be trying to trade my Savage Kantus for Mechanic Baird.

[quote name='The 7th Number']alright so i have pre ordered gears of war LE from Best buy, so getting mechanical baird. Then i pre ordered the Walmart bundle of the game, controller, and 20 dollar gift card for 105 after tax/shipping(85 if you discount the gift card). So i got the savage grenadier skin too. Ill sell the regular copy on ebay probably.

Now i just have to decide if i want to buy the game again from amazon and get the kantus skin + 20 dollar gift card and sell that copy on ebay.

and finally, maybe buy the 99 dollar walmart deal again, because its a great deal, sell the controller and game on ebay and use the grenadier skin for trade for the commando dom skin. Id also probably sell the infected omen skin separate from the controller maybe. Not sure if not including the skin would drive down the bid on the controller.

mmmm... decisions decisions....[/QUOTE]

Jesus Christ now that's
9116802.jpg

so if i try to buy another 99 dollar bundle from walmart would i get another 20 gift card? it says one per customer. otherwise i might use a different email, send it to a relatives house, but use the same charge card. would they know its the sme customer by using the same credit card? was also thinking of using my first 20 gift card on the 2nd 99 dollar bundle, is there any way they would know what the gift card was from and limit me from getting another gift card? maybe ill just give my sister the money and she can order it for me with her charge, but id still like to be able to use the first 20 gift card on this deal. any ideas if that would give me any problems?

I don't know if this is true or not or what Epic plans on doing but Rod Ferguson did say this. "PREORDER CHARACTERS WILL BECOME DLC AT A LATER DATE WHEN THE FIRST DLC IS RELEASED" Be patient people and don't go blowing money you don't have to. Just like with LA Noire and Red Dead Redemption both of those games preorder bonuses are now on the marketplace. I also read that you will be able to download each character individually for 80MSP or all four for I think 320MSP. Don't quote me on that part I may be wrong with the prices but I did hear Rod say and I did read on Epic Games forum that they will be DLC at a later date.

Where did he say that? well that is good news, i might just keep my 2 pre orders and wait for the other 2 to become dlc later. hopefully i wont have to pay for all 4 if i already have 2 of them though.

Well I know I have an Amazon copy and a BestBuy copy, all that's left is the WalMart copy/skin.

I'm really hoping they give it away with midnight purchases.

[quote name='knightsmith']Rod did not say anything like that! Epic has not made any statement of any pre-orders being in a DLC so get your ducks in a row if you want them all and don't sit back and think you can get it later bc you might not be able to. anyway it's 3 weeks away let the countdown begin[/QUOTE]

Like I said I don't know if it's true or not but I did read/watch an interview about it and he said there will be future DLC and the preorder characters might also be released as DLC. If I can find it I will post the link. I found it some where on Google News when I was first adding the MP Skins to this thread. I will look again tonight when I'm not busy.

Nice countdown timer. I'll try to add it to the op to replace the one I made. Is there anyway you could embed this on here like a video. Besides I probably won't even use Commando Dom and I normally play as Hoffman anyway. But I wouldn't mind getting Mechanic Baird since I will already have Commando Dom.

i was just crunching some numbers and if i bought....

99 bundle from walmart (controller+game+20GC+Grenadier skin)
99 bundle from walmart (controller+game+20GC+Grenadier skin) Grenadier skin to trade for dom skin
LE from best buy (game+baird skin)
regular copy from amazon (game+kantus skin)

after gift cards, and how much i would have spent on the LE+controller separately were taken out.... i would have to make at least 146 dollars on ebay selling 3 regular copies of the game, and 1 controller. I think that would be easy to do since i could go as low as 37 dollars per item to break about even. So i think there is a good shot id make more money off this, even more if i can find someone to buy the infected omen skin separate from the controller. hmmmmm

I would most definitely wait for the DLC to come out and get what you don't have then, but it's worth it to some people to have right away - which is cool too!

[quote name='spauldingfan']Not sure if it was mentioned yet, but Best Buy started a save $20 promotion if you buy the game, the triple pack, and controller. Not nearly as good as any of the other packages, but if you're buying from Best Buy who knows.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat250800050004[/QUOTE]

would be nice if i didnt have to buy the triple pack too. that kind of kills the deal, at least for me.

[quote name='Kablasia']Amazon still doing the $20 gift card?[/QUOTE]

lol really? In the time it took to make that message you could have searched amazon.com and found out yourself, yes they do still offer the 20 dollars credit and kantus skin for the regular version.

I did check if they were still doing the deal but it doesn't say anything about it on the mobile site. So that's why I posted the question on here.

This has been the longest wait for a game I think I have ever had to bear. We still have another 20 days on top of the rest of this month, I'm going insane.

None, not buying possibly renting. The game itself has a story that is pretty laughable, I think those cute vests that CliffyB came up with for the game are more homo-erotic than anything in gaming.

[quote name='honkyjesus']None, not buying possibly renting. The game itself has a story that is pretty laughable, I think those cute vests that CliffyB came up with for the game are more homo-erotic than anything in gaming.[/QUOTE]

Everybody rips on Gears' story but when I think about it its story is still more interesting than 90% of other games out there.

I still want to find out what the deal is with the sires. I want to find out what the deal is with the Queen and Marcus' dad. I want to find out what Marcus did to help his dad which landed him in a jail cell and labeled a traitor. And I want to find out how they're going to get rid of the Locusts permanently, if they even do.

I'd say there's enough interesting story lines in Gears to put it ahead of a lot of other AAA titles. It'll never beat out Mass Effect or Metal Gear but I think it holds its own.

sh!t that is nothing. saw a amazon.com kantus code. *Have not been given out yet & you can still order from amazon.com and get a skin.* go for $85 on monday!

[quote name='Luxuria']I don't get why people pay so much just for a skin. ~_o[/QUOTE]

Idiots on ebay are fantastic, I like making money off them.

[quote name='honkyjesus']None, not buying possibly renting. The game itself has a story that is pretty laughable, I think those cute vests that CliffyB came up with for the game are more homo-erotic than anything in gaming.[/QUOTE]

You sound really mad and your anger is misplaced in this preorder thread.

[quote name='knightsmith']Rod did not say anything like that! Epic has not made any statement of any pre-orders being in a DLC so get your ducks in a row if you want them all and don't sit back and think you can get it later bc you might not be able to. anyway it's 3 weeks away let the countdown begin[/QUOTE]

Epic and Microsoft would be stupid if they didn't offer the pre-order characters as DLC later (its a guaranteed money maker for them). Several sources have already heard the rumors, but of course it won't be annouced officially until after the release (otherwise they would have some pissed off retailers).

The pattern already exists, look at LA Noire and Mortal Kombat. Just sit back, order one copy from wherever you want, and bank those MS Points from Bing.

I don't recall it specifically being mentioned but I was thinking:

Since you have to give up your information to preorder gears at BestBuy and they email you the code, or are supposed to email you the Baird code anyway, do you even have to pick up the game?

Will they email you the code on release or do they know when/if you bought the game and if you did then they email you the code??

ROFL! I guess everybody is entitled to his or her own opinion no matter how stupid it really is. You want to talk about a story that is pretty laughable and homo-erotic gaming. Go play Call of Duty. Every year it is the same thing the campaign is stupid and the multiplayer is even worse. Hey look everybdoy I got a Nuke or I got Attack Dogs. I have OVER 9000 Nukes. I camp to get them. I boost to get them. If I really suck I will pay 1600MSP in order to get in a Modded Prestige Lobby. If thats not bad enough I will buy Map Packs that cost 1200MSP each. Lets see now. I paid $65 for the game, $20 for the mod lobby, and another $60 on map packs. Yay not to mention Headsets and Controllers or the Hardened and Prestige edition. LOL. I had to go there.

Basically COD is like the programming on my television. Reruns from last year. The guns are the same. The attachments are the same. Pretty much almost everything is the same with a few changes here and there. I mean COD has used the same Melee Animation since COD4. At least Battlefield changed the animation and made it interesting to watch. Dont get me wrong people I used to like playng COD I would play COD4 and WAW almost every other day but after MW2 it became boring to me. Plus getting spammed with messages after each game about prestige lobbies also got annoying. I still play COD for Nazi Zombies and Spec Ops or just a game of friendly competition amongst friends. But the community itself about 85% of it sucks. So basically I am going to sum up COD right here and right now.

Sum of all Call of Duty games ever made.

Sorry for the long message also. Just getting a point across. Hopefully no offense is taken. Plus hopefully you realize that this s how much Activision and Infinity Ward cares for its customers. By making them download expensive add ons and other crap. If they really cared about their fan base and customers they would do like Borderlands, Fallout, and Gears. They would make GOTY editions for you to buy with all of the DLC included for one price. So please people stop spamming this thread with garbage about other games. If you come here to troll you are in the wrong place. Now go troll somewhere else. Thank you, OP.

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']
ROFL! I guess everybody is entitled to his or her own opinion no matter how stupid it really is. You want to talk about a story that is pretty laughable and homo-erotic gaming. Go play Call of Duty. Every year it is the same thing the campaign is stupid and the multiplayer is even worse. Hey look everybdoy I got a Nuke or I got Attack Dogs. I have OVER 9000 Nukes. I camp to get them. I boost to get them. If I really suck I will pay 1600MSP in order to get in a Modded Prestige Lobby. If thats not bad enough I will buy Map Packs that cost 1200MSP each. Lets see now. I paid $65 for the game, $20 for the mod lobby, and another $60 on map packs. Yay not to mention Headsets and Controllers or the Hardened and Prestige edition. LOL. I had to go there.

Basically COD is like the programming on my television. Reruns from last year. The guns are the same. The attachments are the same. Pretty much almost everything is the same with a few changes here and there. I mean COD has used the same Melee Animation since COD4. At least Battlefield changed the animation and made it interesting to watch. Dont get me wrong people I used to like playng COD I would play COD4 and WAW almost every other day but after MW2 it became boring to me. Plus getting spammed with messages after each game about prestige lobbies also got annoying. I still play COD for Nazi Zombies and Spec Ops or just a game of friendly competition amongst friends. But the community itself about 85% of it sucks. So basically I am going to sum up COD right here and right now.

Sum of all Call of Duty games ever made.

Sorry for the long message also. Just getting a point across. Hopefully no offense is taken. Plus hopefully you realize that this s how much Activision and Infinity Ward cares for its customers. By making them download expensive add ons and other crap. If they really cared about their fan base and customers they would do like Borderlands, Fallout, and Gears. They would make GOTY editions for you to buy with all of the DLC included for one price. So please people stop spamming this thread with garbage about other games. If you come here to troll you are in the wrong place. Now go troll somewhere else. Thank you, OP.
[/QUOTE]

I was going to explain how bad the call of duty stories were but I know the dude was just mad about something.

At least the Gears story is relatively original.

I wish someone could answer my question!!!

[quote name='hustletron']I was going to explain how bad the call of duty stories were but I know the dude was just mad about something.

At least the Gears story is relatively original.

I wish someone could answer my question!!![/QUOTE]

I would call Best Buy if I were you. I don't know how they do preorder bonuses because I have never been able to preorder from them. Best Buy is to far away from my house. I will look this stuff up for you and see if I can help you out.

As far as the Call of Duty thing I posted you have to admit I am right about the whole franchise. Call of Duty used to be good now it just sucks. It's like watching last years reruns on television. At least Gears of War 3 is going to be awesome. Epic Games worked really hard on it and I can't wait to play it come September 20th.

This thread has been going strong for a long time and I would like to see it continue until release date. Keep it up people let's hit the milestone of 1000 replies. Just keep it Gears of War 3 related and don't start any fan boy wars or flame wars. Lol.

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']I would call Best Buy if I were you. I don't know how they do preorder bonuses because I have never been able to preorder from them. Best Buy is to far away from my house. I will look this stuff up for you and see if I can help you out.

As far as the Call of Duty thing I posted you have to admit I am right about the whole franchise. Call of Duty used to be good now it just sucks. It's like watching last years reruns on television. At least Gears of War 3 is going to be awesome. Epic Games worked really hard on it and I can't wait to play it come September 20th.

This thread has been going strong for a long time and I would like to see it continue until release date. Keep it up people let's hit the milestone of 1000 replies. Just keep it Gears of War 3 related and don't start any fan boy wars or flame wars. Lol.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate it man and you're right every Gears game something unique and new has been added, from Horde to Horde 2.0, Co-op to 4 player co-op, entirely new weapons that change the gameplay and mechanics.

COD sequels have been more like add-ons/expansions.

Gears is the one game I'm really looking forward to and cannot wait for.

[quote name='hustletron']I don't recall it specifically being mentioned but I was thinking:

Since you have to give up your information to preorder gears at BestBuy and they email you the code, or are supposed to email you the Baird code anyway, do you even have to pick up the game?

Will they email you the code on release or do they know when/if you bought the game and if you did then they email you the code??[/QUOTE]

Most BB exclusive DLC's are packed inside the game. Their SKU's are usually different than other retailer SKU's too just FYI.

seems like the infected omen dlc can get you 15+ dollars on ebay. Im considering trying to sell it separate from the controller. One guy has the IO DLC buy it now for 60. Now who in the right mind would buy that when you can buy the controller+DLC at the same price. LOL I understand why people would pay 15-30 bucks on the IO DLC if they dont want to buy a 60 dollar controller, or the 150 epic edition. So i dont expect it to go higher than 30. Otherwise they could just buy the controller and use the code and sell the controller to get some money back. Then again its ebay, where i once sold RDR undead nightmare used for a couple dollars more than retail price.

[quote name='Donut2922']Most BB exclusive DLC's are packed inside the game. Their SKU's are usually different than other retailer SKU's too just FYI.[/QUOTE]

The guy that took my preorder said they are starting to mail out preorder codes, he said it was what they did with a few recent new releases that just came out, think he mentioned Madden but I can't remember.

I think the receipt also mentioned that they would email the code as well, just wish I knew when.

Either way I didn't plan on opening any of my copies till I find out if the UPCs are the same or not, I'm going to be playing my WalMart copy at midnight.

Not to sound like a duche but why is this thread still on the front page ? The game is comming out soon and I doubt that more preorder incentives will be added at this point

[quote name='The 7th Number']seems like the infected omen dlc can get you 15+ dollars on ebay. Im considering trying to sell it separate from the controller. One guy has the IO DLC buy it now for 60. Now who in the right mind would buy that when you can buy the controller+DLC at the same price. LOL I understand why people would pay 15-30 bucks on the IO DLC if they dont want to buy a 60 dollar controller, or the 150 epic edition. So i dont expect it to go higher than 30. Otherwise they could just buy the controller and use the code and sell the controller to get some money back. Then again its ebay, where i once sold RDR undead nightmare used for a couple dollars more than retail price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's crazy just take a look at these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xbox-360-Ge...893?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb75bc71d

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gears-War-3...533?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1e5402e5

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gears-War-3...700?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1e608a94

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gears-War-3...363?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45fca3f6a3

[quote name='strait edge follower']Not to sound like a duche but why is this thread still on the front page ? The game is comming out soon and I doubt that more preorder incentives will be added at this point[/QUOTE]
*bump* :bouncy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back