Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='ElectricStarshine']I finished up Coalition's End last night. I absolutely HATE where they ended it. Thankfully Karen Traviss is writing a 5th book.

Based on the books, I think GoW3 is going to be a ridiculous amount of fun. Especially if some of the scenes in the game play out like they do in the book...[/QUOTE]

the ending was meh but considering it leads pretty much directly into the game, I didn't mind it that much.

I preordered @ BB and was wondering if any CAGs were interested in my mech baird code.

[quote name='koruwa']the ending was meh but considering it leads pretty much directly into the game, I didn't mind it that much.

I preordered @ BB and was wondering if any CAGs were interested in my mech baird code.[/QUOTE]

I'm interested. I like Mechanic Baird. You can PM me.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']is GameStop not taking Epic Edition pre-orders in store anymore???[/QUOTE]

Since the whole DEHR fiasco they decided to stop preorders as they couldn't just take out the DLC codes and sell them on the side.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Since the whole DEHR fiasco they decided to stop preorders as they couldn't just take out the DLC codes and sell them on the side.[/QUOTE]

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

[quote name='cobra-05']For those with a Samsclub membership:

Epic Edition is $130
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=prod4130609&navAction=push

Limited Edition is $70
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=prod4130610&navAction=push

Controller is $45
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=prod4400117&navAction=push[/QUOTE]

Hey that's a great find!

@ H3MI RAM: why would shipping and tax 'kill it'? If you have a SAMs Club nearby you just go pick it up. And tax should be no different -actually cheaper- than buying any other product anywhere on the planet for $150 when you can get it there for $130 - think about it...
Sounds like a Win-Win situation to me.

I have a SAMs Club membership and I'm going to buy the controller for $45 since I've already payed-up my Epic Edition and the Retro Lancer from GameStop.

But yeah, NICE FIND!

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']is GameStop not taking Epic Edition pre-orders in store anymore???[/QUOTE]

They quit taking preorders for the Epic Edition not too long ago, had nothing to do with the DEHR 'scandal' - totally different type of situation - they simply ran out of preorders...

@ H3M1 R4M

Just noticed again how well you've kept-up with the updates and info in this Thread. Lots of information for everyone to help stay informed and better come up with they're plan-of-attack for purchasing they're Gears Swag!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

I have a question to anyone that knows about these weapon skin unlockables. Some of the unlockables say: Unlocked by playing on Launch Week, Veteran Gear achievement Gears 2. My question is will we be able to unlock those simply by playing on Launch Week? or do you ALSO have to have the Veteren Gear achievement - which that kinda doesn't make sense 'cause I thought you automatically got those Gold Camos for having the achievement. THX ahead of time!

Got the epic edition with hard cover strategy guide. Had to wait until a trade in at Amazon cleared. Total for purchase was $171.71, I had $171.85 in trade. I would say it worked out perfect.

Anyone know what SWAG Amazon gives for someone who got the epic edition?

Anyone know what's up with the XboxCogCodes.com?

Thanks Val@Cag. But shipping and tax does kill it for me. I guess it depends on YMMV because my Sams Club doesn't have it. I mean they suck they remodeled the store and yet they still have Halo Wars for $40 + Tax. Plus I myself don't have a membership but my dad does. Plus Sams Club is like 45 Minutes away from me so I would still have to pay for gas. It may be a win win for you but now for me. Lol. I'll update again later.

[quote name='VAL@CAG']I have a question to anyone that knows about these weapon skin unlockables. Some of the unlockables say: Unlocked by playing on Launch Week, Veteran Gear achievement Gears 2. My question is will we be able to unlock those simply by playing on Launch Week? or do you ALSO have to have the Veteren Gear achievement - which that kinda doesn't make sense 'cause I thought you automatically got those Gold Camos for having the achievement. THX ahead of time![/QUOTE]

Some of them you get if you play during launch week. Some you get ONLY if you have said achievement. others will be unlocked if you played in the beta a few months back.

If you scroll down a good ways on the front page of this thread, you will find all the info you need and then some
http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=764626

Quick question, Just canceled my pre-orders at GS and got all my money back. I plan to order Gears 3 from Amazon. Well the bonus offer says;

• Pre-order Gears of War 3 and get $20 off a future video game purchase. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. Additionally, receive the exclusive character skin Savage Kantus. The Savage Kantus code will be e-mailed within two business days after the product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

What if I have a family member that lives at the same household as me? Does he not qualify for the $20 giftcard if we both order our own Gears through our own Amazon accounts? Or would I have to get it shipped to a neighbor to qualify?

[quote name='kiwimonster']Quick question, Just canceled my pre-orders at GS and got all my money back. I plan to order Gears 3 from Amazon. Well the bonus offer says;

• Pre-order Gears of War 3 and get $20 off a future video game purchase. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. Additionally, receive the exclusive character skin Savage Kantus. The Savage Kantus code will be e-mailed within two business days after the product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

What if I have a family member that lives at the same household as me? Does he not qualify for the $20 giftcard if we both order our own Gears through our own Amazon accounts? Or would I have to get it shipped to a neighbor to qualify?[/QUOTE]

I would call Amazon and ask.

[quote name='kiwimonster']Quick question, Just canceled my pre-orders at GS and got all my money back. I plan to order Gears 3 from Amazon. Well the bonus offer says;

What if I have a family member that lives at the same household as me? Does he not qualify for the $20 giftcard if we both order our own Gears through our own Amazon accounts? Or would I have to get it shipped to a neighbor to qualify?[/QUOTE]

me and my brother have done this (with black ops.) both ordered it on our own accounts and had no problems. however if you are worried, you could opt to have your bro buy it from walmart. may have to pay tax (at either place i dunno) but it would make sure you'd get the $20 bonus. plus you would each have dif. characters for the multiplayer.

anyone know how the pre-order bonus for BB works? I know BB exclusive content like in LA Noire is packed in the case but for Fable III there was an actual card (should have been) received when pre-ordered.

[quote name='keithnoir']if you preorder at Toys R US before the 20th you get a $29.99 2-pack of Gears of war Figures.[/QUOTE]

Where did you see this? I looked on the website and dont see anything. Also which figures were in the package? I might buy it just for the figures, and sell the game on ebay. But it might be in store only, limited supplies maybe? Not sure if you would get the figures with pre order or when you pick up the game, any information would be great!

[quote name='Gamer SDP']anyone know how the pre-order bonus for BB works? I know BB exclusive content like in LA Noire is packed in the case but for Fable III there was an actual card (should have been) received when pre-ordered.[/QUOTE]

It's been debated in this thread a bit, no one knows for sure but people have said it may be packaged in the game and people have said it may be emailed out, people have also said it may be printed on the receipt when you pay.

[quote name='Flesseck']Well, this isn't BB, but I asked Walmart reps. My responses were:

Standard edition - emailed

Limited edition - packaged within[/QUOTE]
I really wouldn't be surprised if they misinterpreted the Adam Fenix / Limited Edition skin as the DLC you asked them about, instead of the pre-order skin.

I just can't imagine them e-mailing the code for one variant, especially the basic one, and insert packaging it for the limited edition of it.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']I really wouldn't be surprised if they misinterpreted the Adam Fenix / Limited Edition skin as the DLC you asked them about, instead of the pre-order skin.

I just can't imagine them e-mailing the code for one variant, especially the basic one, and insert packaging it for the limited edition of it.[/QUOTE]

That's a good point. I'll send another message, but I specifically said bonus code which is part of the item description if you look it up. But you're definitely right. It's a bit weird how they're handling this if true.

[quote name='keithnoir']if you preorder at Toys R US before the 20th you get a $29.99 2-pack of Gears of war Figures.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The 7th Number']Where did you see this? I looked on the website and dont see anything. Also which figures were in the package? I might buy it just for the figures, and sell the game on ebay. But it might be in store only, limited supplies maybe? Not sure if you would get the figures with pre order or when you pick up the game, any information would be great![/QUOTE]

Okay, i saw a video of this pack, in this video they says its 30 dollars. Maybe you can buy it for 30, or get it free with buying the game? IDK, but im just posting this so you all know i found it and to pass on the info.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCUS1EKClnE

[quote name='VAL@CAG']They quit taking preorders for the Epic Edition not too long ago, had nothing to do with the DEHR 'scandal' - totally different type of situation - they simply ran out of preorders...[/QUOTE]

I hope you know I was joking...

[quote name='Gamer SDP']anyone know how the pre-order bonus for BB works? I know BB exclusive content like in LA Noire is packed in the case but for Fable III there was an actual card (should have been) received when pre-ordered.[/QUOTE]

I all ready have the epic edition preordered at gamestop, and had been on the fence about ordering a second standard copy from Best Buy, since A) I want the Baird skin, and B) with 4 Xbox's in the house, we tend to get more then 1 copy of multiplayer games. A best buy gift card reward from my credit card that arrived in the mail today sealed the deal. I asked the guy at the games counter, (who entusiastically told me all about Gears 3 when I said I wanted to preorder) told me that the code is emailed. He said it's tied to the reward zone card, and he verified my email address that is on my account, and told me when I pick up the game and pay it off, that will trigger the email to be sent. So....here's hoping that's the case. The only downside was, I asked if they'd be open for midnight release, and he told me no. I was thinking, since they are across the street from Gamestop, I could get my midnight release at gamestop, then run across the st and get the one from Bestbuy, and not have to go anywhere on the 20th!

On a side note, the same employee told me that Dizzy was going to be somehow availabe for play in multiplayer on Gears 3. Is this correct? He was listing off a bunch of characters that would become available, some right away, some that you have to unlock. I'd love for him to be right, as Dizzy was always my character of choice for MP in gears 2, but I haven't found any info about if he will appear in gears 3 anywhere. Has anyone seen any info concerning Dizzy in gears 3?

[quote name='JediKiller24']I all ready have the epic edition preordered at gamestop, and had been on the fence about ordering a second standard copy from Best Buy, since A) I want the Baird skin, and B) with 4 Xbox's in the house, we tend to get more then 1 copy of multiplayer games. A best buy gift card reward from my credit card that arrived in the mail today sealed the deal. I asked the guy at the games counter, (who entusiastically told me all about Gears 3 when I said I wanted to preorder) told me that the code is emailed. He said it's tied to the reward zone card, and he verified my email address that is on my account, and told me when I pick up the game and pay it off, that will trigger the email to be sent. So....here's hoping that's the case. The only downside was, I asked if they'd be open for midnight release, and he told me no. I was thinking, since they are across the street from Gamestop, I could get my midnight release at gamestop, then run across the st and get the one from Bestbuy, and not have to go anywhere on the 20th!

On a side note, the same employee told me that Dizzy was going to be somehow availabe for play in multiplayer on Gears 3. Is this correct? He was listing off a bunch of characters that would become available, some right away, some that you have to unlock. I'd love for him to be right, as Dizzy was always my character of choice for MP in gears 2, but I haven't found any info about if he will appear in gears 3 anywhere. Has anyone seen any info concerning Dizzy in gears 3?[/QUOTE]

Here, take a look at these. Dizzy and a few others are playable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJrmms2WrwA&feature=related

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JediKiller24']I all ready have the epic edition preordered at gamestop, and had been on the fence about ordering a second standard copy from Best Buy, since A) I want the Baird skin, and B) with 4 Xbox's in the house, we tend to get more then 1 copy of multiplayer games. A best buy gift card reward from my credit card that arrived in the mail today sealed the deal. I asked the guy at the games counter, (who entusiastically told me all about Gears 3 when I said I wanted to preorder) told me that the code is emailed. He said it's tied to the reward zone card, and he verified my email address that is on my account, and told me when I pick up the game and pay it off, that will trigger the email to be sent. So....here's hoping that's the case.
[/QUOTE]

never heard of BB emailing pre-order codes. that would be the best scenario.

Sam is unlocked at the start in that video, which is the main person i wanted to use for COG. But i think ill stick with Mechanical Baird and Savage Grenadier Elite for a while since im getting both those pre order skins.

Hopefully RAAM, Kim, Tia, Carmines, and other Locust make their way back into the game via DLC. I was really hoping for a glowing Lambent Locust skin packed into the epic edition, but nothing. Hopefully something we see in future DLC.

As for the Marcus Journeys End figure, i guess its not going to be released until 9-20, even though for some odd reason Gamestop keeps changing the release date. Before it was 8-31, then it was changed to 9-6, now i go there today and its 9-13, which will probably end up back at 9-20 by then.

Isn't Rustlung one of the maps they're withholding for DLC later on?

I remember people on the Epic forums talking about a map that had a Silverback being built during the round. Epic said they weren't shipping that map on disc, and people on the site were really annoyed by that decision.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']I hope you know I was joking...[/QUOTE]

Oops, nope I didnt at all, my bad...
Thought I was helpin' someone out... : )
It's the thought that counts though huh!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='prateeko']Not sure if this has been mentioned, but if anyone is interested it seems like GameStop does have some more Lancers available, but only bundled with the standard edition of GoW3

http://www.gamestop.com/toys/gears-of-war-3-retro-lancer-bundle/91046

[EDIT - GOD DAMN. Literally hit enter and as the page refreshed spauldingfan's post came up!][/QUOTE]

;) Went ahead and got one myself, saved $20, getting Dom, possibly returning the game back to them in store or sell to a friend. Not a bad deal...for gamestop.

[quote name='spauldingfan'];) Went ahead and got one myself, saved $20, getting Dom, possibly returning the game back to them in store or sell to a friend. Not a bad deal...for gamestop.[/QUOTE]

I also ordered it. Price for the game is same as Amazon (factoring in GC) and I dunno if I'll change my mind and cancel, but I figured it's better to have that option than not since the Lancer sold out quite a while ago and finding a used one for a reasonable price (old version) is impossible!

[quote name='prateeko']I also ordered it. Price for the game is same as Amazon (factoring in GC) and I dunno if I'll change my mind and cancel, but I figured it's better to have that option than not since the Lancer sold out quite a while ago and finding a used one for a reasonable price (old version) is impossible![/QUOTE]

Yeah I learned the hard way last time when it sold out, I'm probably gonna put in a n order for the Marcus figure through the website as well since I doubt the stores will be getting em in.

[quote name='spauldingfan'];) Went ahead and got one myself, saved $20, getting Dom, possibly returning the game back to them in store or sell to a friend. Not a bad deal...for gamestop.[/QUOTE]

I ordered one, since I misssed out on this before they were taken down a couple weeks ago. However, when added to my cart, the bundle also says "Usually ships within 24 hours". I wonder if that means copies will leak out early.

There may be a mistake in this being added back to GS. I cancelled my order about an hour ago so I could reorder through shopdiscover and get the 5% cashback. Haven't been able to re-order since. Takes me all the way to Submit Order and then I get an error about it being unavailable.

Are you guys just paying for 5.99 shipping? Tax and shipping makes the bundle to be 158.xx. I guess I can always cancel--I really wanted the limited edition bundle w/ the lancer. That version is sold out on amazon.

I want to cancel my Walmart pre-order but it won't let me. I'm assuming because the free $20 gift card already got mailed to me.

So now I'll have to physically go into a Walmart *shudder* to return it.

[quote name='TheOmegaSoldier']There may be a mistake in this being added back to GS. I cancelled my order about an hour ago so I could reorder through shopdiscover and get the 5% cashback. Haven't been able to re-order since. Takes me all the way to Submit Order and then I get an error about it being unavailable.[/QUOTE]

Well that sucks. I got order confirmation and will hold onto that sucker hard if there are any problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back