Gears of War 3: Preorder Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='DeathByFRODO']To the People who bought this at Toys R Us, how does the receipt look? is the game 30$ and the figures 30$ or the game 60$ and figures free?[/QUOTE]

Game is 59.99
Figures are 0.00

[quote name='Stark Rhavyn']That's weird. My two pack from TRU has a sticker on it claiming to be a "Toys R Us Exclusive". Maybe it's just because of the weird orange guns.[/QUOTE]

Nah..got the TRU 2 pack with sticker and it's the same as the pic up on GS now. Figures retail for 15 a piece and it's a $30 2 pack retail in TRU. GS just has straight up the wrong pic. I don't think they even have the shipment from Neca yet. No GS B&M got them. It was unavailable before today and I can't find an in pack pic of this GS exclusive Jorney's end Marcus anywhere.

[quote name='cag1000']Nah..got the TRU 2 pack with sticker and it's the same as the pic up on GS now. Figures retail for 15 a piece and it's a $30 2 pack retail in TRU. GS just has straight up the wrong pic. I don't think they even have the shipment from Neca yet. No GS B&M got them. It was unavailable before today and I can't find an in pack pic of this GS exclusive Jorney's end Marcus anywhere.[/QUOTE]

You're right those are the same pics as the TRU ones. And same dumb orange guns. Is that a weapon skin option in the game? I haven't look at those yet, my Live account has been down for about a month. :roll:

I swear to God that Amazon seriously needs to switch from UPS to Fed Ex....Fed Ex is much more punctual (at least in my area).

[quote name='mgorsi']yeaaa, ppl from the BAY!!, am from SF[/QUOTE]
SF here!
I went to the Geary Best Buy midnight, got a drawstring bag and a t-shirt - the downtown bestbuy got the keychain, lanyard and beanie. I wanted that keychain, lol - wonder if I can ebay the bag & shirt, already got $25 for the Baird code!

[quote name='Linkgx1']I swear to God that Amazon seriously needs to switch from UPS to Fed Ex....Fed Ex is much more punctual (at least in my area).[/QUOTE]

FedEx couldn't possibly handle the amount of packages Amazon pumps out on a daily basis. FedEx is a small time operation in comparison to UPS. Your local FedEx driver probably has half the number of stops your UPS driver has to make.

[quote name='Linkgx1']I swear to God that Amazon seriously needs to switch from UPS to Fed Ex....Fed Ex is much more punctual (at least in my area).[/QUOTE]

Im in the same boat as you. fucking 4:35 pm and nothing. If I don't get the game within the next hour and a half everyone turn on your tv and switch to abc, CNN, where ever the news is shown because Im going on a 1 man army rampage thoughout the Tri-State Area.

Amazon release date shipping is the best thing ever. Now if only amazon would announce their Arkham City Preorder costume variant, and I will use my $20 credit on that...

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']FedEx couldn't possibly handle the amount of packages Amazon pumps out on a daily basis. FedEx is a small time operation in comparison to UPS. Your local FedEx driver probably has half the number of stops your UPS driver has to make.[/QUOTE]
Hmm...didn't know that. Well Fedex needs to expand JUST for Amazon. That's job creation right there.:bouncy:

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Im in the same boat as you. fucking 4:35 pm and nothing. If I don't get the game within the next hour and a half everyone turn on your tv and switch to abc, CNN, where ever the news is shown because Im going on a 1 man army rampage thoughout the Tri-State Area.[/QUOTE]
It would be even more awesome if you use a chainsaw attached to a machine gun. Definate way to ban videos to all of us gamers for life!:cool:

Hmm....Amazon already applied the $20 credit. But they said it would be two days after it was delivered. I'm not complaining just surprised is all. Can't wait!:bouncy:

[quote name='Linkgx1']Hmm...didn't know that. Well Fedex needs to expand JUST for Amazon. That's job creation right there.:bouncy:[/QUOTE]
yeah, but they'll lose their business and commercial contracts with the high volume. Fedex is great for commercial and overnight use, bad/slow for home delivery.

[quote name='finstersucks']yeah, but they'll lose their business and commercial contracts with the high volume. Fedex is great for commercial and overnight use, bad/slow for home delivery.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, you're right they do need to stay in their market. Being a business based business usually means less work and more money (but you gotta keep that there market share).

[quote name='Trance Addix']Why didn't you guys just buy copies at retail and return once Amazon delivers?[/QUOTE]
Whacha talkin' 'bout Willis?

Wouldn't that kind of sort of be a waste of time? Unless of course you mean by the free swag....

[quote name='shimz']SF here!
I went to the Geary Best Buy midnight, got a drawstring bag and a t-shirt - the downtown bestbuy got the keychain, lanyard and beanie. I wanted that keychain, lol - wonder if I can ebay the bag & shirt, already got $25 for the Baird code![/QUOTE]

Shit, thats my goto Best Buy, its like 10min drive for me. But I got mines at Amazon w/ $20 credit, only goodie i got was the stickers that came with it lol, but i got the weapon skins from the controller.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Im in the same boat as you. fucking 4:35 pm and nothing. If I don't get the game within the next hour and a half everyone turn on your tv and switch to abc, CNN, where ever the news is shown because Im going on a 1 man army rampage thoughout the Tri-State Area.[/QUOTE]

LOL! Dude chill out. :lol:
Besides, if you went on a rampage the cops / swat would just headshot you and then no more playing games. :roll:

so, I know its still really early in the game, but has anyone seen large amounts of the epic edition anywhere, or is it pretty slim pickings? I visited 2 gamestops and both were sold out. I'm hoping that it was overproduced, but so far I can't tell.

I received an email from Gamestop that my exclusive Marcus Fenix action figure has shipped and I will receive it this Friday via UPS. I noticed that Gamestop.com has posted the wrong picture of this action figure. They are now showing the two pack of Marcus and a Locust, which happens to be a TRU exclusive pack. The Gamestop exclusive figure is a single figure of Marcus, rumored to have him without upper body armor and comes with a gold Lancer. For $15, you can't expect to get 2 action figures. It is said to represent a special unlockable skin for the game. So, I wonder if you get this unlockable skin for purchasing the figure? I will find out on Friday...

[quote name='wolve']LOL! Dude chill out. :lol:
Besides, if you went on a rampage the cops / swat would just headshot you and then no more playing games. :roll:[/QUOTE]
Who's not to say that there isn't video games in heaven (or hell in this case)?

I swear this is the last time I'm ordering a game from amazon for day one shipping. All my friends are playing gears 3 while I wait for the ups guy to drop off my game... It said on the ups site that my game was on it's way to my house at 7:00am from Baytown, TX that's 10 minutes away I should of been one of the first deliveries.

It's 4:32 CST, and my game is still on the truck for delivery. ARG!

That said, it's more the fault of UPS than Amazon. UPS almost never arrives in my neighborhood before 3pm. Better than when I lived in Columbia, MO; where they just showed up at random times between 9am and 7pm, so if you had to sign, you were basically fucked.

[quote name='Linkgx1']Whacha talkin' 'bout Willis?

Wouldn't that kind of sort of be a waste of time? Unless of course you mean by the free swag....[/QUOTE]

Not a waste of time if some people took days off to play Gears. Only takes 10-15 minutes to run to the store for a "temporary play copy". Beats waiting for it.

[quote name='hufferstl']For the Savage Kanus code, check your junk mail.[/QUOTE]

irony for me is i empty my spam folder today so their chance it was their before got the 20 credit just no code yet

[quote name='Trance Addix']Not a waste of time if some people took days off to play Gears. Only takes 10-15 minutes to run to the store for a "temporary play copy". Beats waiting for it.[/QUOTE]
But they don't let you return games that have been opened right?

[quote name='mattcube64']It's 4:32 CST, and my game is still on the truck for delivery. ARG!

That said, it's more the fault of UPS than Amazon. UPS almost never arrives in my neighborhood before 3pm. Better than when I lived in Columbia, MO; where they just showed up at random times between 9am and 7pm, so if you had to sign, you were basically fucked.[/QUOTE]
Here in St. Louis, MO it sucks soooo badly.

For what it's worth, I bought the limited edition from best buy, got the code for Baird, & now just canceled the limited edition because it was back-ordered. I was still able to use the Baird code.

CNN is garbage. See if you can get on Aljazeera or PBS.

[quote name='Linkgx1']But they don't let you return games that have been opened right?[/QUOTE]
He's suggesting you return the Amazon copy to BB or GS, not the one you actually got from them. Of course, planning to do that is tricky business if they end up with different UPC's.

Just got my Epic Edition. 6pm for Release Date Shipping.

I think everything was nice, but even though I knew the game case didn't have a slipcover, I can't believe how crappy it is without one when you go to put it on your shelf. It's just a black case on the spine.

Really, Microsoft? $150 and you can't include a 5 cent plastic slipcase that the cheaper edition gets?

[quote name='Linkgx1']But they don't let you return games that have been opened right?[/QUOTE]
thats why you return the sealed copy to the store when ups delivers it

[quote name='Haggar']Just got my Epic Edition. 6pm for Release Date Shipping.

I think everything was nice, but even though I knew the game case didn't have a slipcover, I can't believe how crappy it is without one when you go to put it on your shelf. It's just a black case on the spine.

Really, Microsoft? $150 and you can't include a 5 cent plastic slipcase that the cheaper edition gets?[/QUOTE]

To be fair, even the retail copy is just a piece of shit honestly. When I picked up the game all I heard was a game disc and it sounded like it was loose from the spine. Upon opening it up, just a gears of war sticker sheet and the instruction manual was like 2 pages of basic stuff like how to cover and run. They went really all out cheap for gears of war 3, yet the dlc is so damn expensive.

Finally got here!

Talk about bare bones...

6167672304_d1a2e9565f_z.jpg

[quote name='Shinpachi']He's suggesting you return the Amazon copy to BB or GS, not the one you actually got from them. Of course, planning to do that is tricky business if they end up with different UPC's.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, though the UPC's are the same.

In terms of game packaging: they did skim on it, like I said earlier. I am rather disappointed. Given that, I'm working through the campaign and it's great. Love all of the polish to the game.

Well Amazon has completely fucked up this order. I had release date shipping on it, it shipped last night so all was going according to plan. Then I get hit with an email telling me it's been delayed because it was sent to the wrong shipment facility......WHAT THE fuck??? About 2 hrs ago I get another email telling me it will be 1-2 more days until I get my game. Also I contacted Amazon's customer service earlier and they were about as helpful as a good case of herpes. This is the worst experience I've ever had with Amazon.

This delay normally wouldn't piss me off this bad but starting tomorrow I am swamped with work until Sunday so tonight was by far my best chance to play it for the week and now that's been shit on.

They sent me an email too about some bullshit, my order is delayed because it shipped in a way it was not supposed to.

I got my Kantus code but not $20 credit yet, I need that copy to return to Wal Mart, then I'm going to BB tomorrow to pick that pre order up and return right away.

And WalMart didn't have shit last night at midnight, so disappointed, I didn't even get a skin code cuz they didn't have anything to give, I guess it's an email only thing now with almost all the stores.

EDIT: I just placed an order on WalMart.com it still shows the bonus gift card and skin and now I can do site to store so we'll see how it goes.

For anyone that ordered on WalMart.com, how long did it take for you to get your skin email? It did come in an email right? Or maybe I have to pick up the game before I can get the email for the skin.

[quote name='hustletron']They sent me an email too about some bullshit, my order is delayed because it shipped in a way it was not supposed to.

I got my Kantus code but not $20 credit yet, I need that copy to return to Wal Mart, then I'm going to BB tomorrow to pick that pre order up and return right away.

And WalMart didn't have shit last night at midnight, so disappointed, I didn't even get a skin code cuz they didn't have anything to give, I guess it's an email only thing now with almost all the stores.[/QUOTE]

EHhh, I got an email saying mine didn't even ship till today. It still says "shipping soon." Not very happy.

So did anyone already get their Best Buy Pre-order email? I don't want to scroll through 6 pages back to see if they started being sent out or not.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']EHhh, I got an email saying mine didn't even ship till today. It still says "shipping soon." Not very happy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah so expect 3 to 4 more days of waiting.

[quote name='Trance Addix']Indeed, though the UPC's are the same.

In terms of game packaging: they did skim on it, like I said earlier. I am rather disappointed. Given that, I'm working through the campaign and it's great. Love all of the polish to the game.[/QUOTE]

Are you referring to packaging for the regular edition? If so, what did you expect? Most companies barely include an instruction booklet these days.

[quote name='Haggar']Just got my Epic Edition. 6pm for Release Date Shipping.

Really, Microsoft? $150 and you can't include a 5 cent plastic slipcase that the cheaper edition gets?[/QUOTE]

Same thing done with the Halo Reach Limited and Legendary versions. The Legendary with the statue of Noble Team, did not have a slip sleeve on the fancy game case, like the one on the Limited version.

[quote name='joshnorm']So did anyone already get their Best Buy Pre-order email? I don't want to scroll through 6 pages back to see if they started being sent out or not.[/QUOTE]

I got one already and I cancelled my preorder back in June lol

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']EHhh, I got an email saying mine didn't even ship till today. It still says "shipping soon." Not very happy.[/QUOTE]

As I mentioned to another poster, if you complain (nicely) to Amazon they usually will offer a credit as compensation. Yeah sucks not getting the game yet, but better than nothing.

Reminds me when LA Noire came out. I ended up getting like $35 total in credits because of shipping delay and increase in promo credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back