Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

[quote name='100xp']@Ryuukiski - fair enough, i'm seeing the prices for the DLC skins are avg about $20-$30. If I could sell my walmart code for that price it I'd would just get the controller or even go as far as buying the whole weapon bundle. (side note - strange seeing you with an avatar that doesn't showcase a ingame female character or anime chic for a change)[/QUOTE]
:lol:, guess I'm pretty predictable

[quote name='GUNNM']You missed out on a very powerful retro lancer in the beta other than that its the same pretty much.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to live with that...and I like a lot of gamers just like completion even if I don't use the skins. Cole Train would have been fun to have but I doubt I would have used it much. I'm enjoying Baird, mainly for his blue goggles and backwards cap.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']:lol:, guess I'm pretty predictable[/QUOTE]

hee hee. I drew my avatar, I didn't win that week's contest at bungie but I am glad that I did win week 2 of their all star contests.

Any one have tips on beating Beast mode on Hardcore & Insane without failing? I had a team of four last night on Hardcore and round 5 kept kicking our asses. Damn turret campers and barbed wire barriers.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Any one have tips on beating Beast mode on Hardcore & Insane without failing? I had a team of four last night on Hardcore and round 5 kept kicking our asses. Damn turret campers and barbed wire barriers.[/QUOTE]

With 4 i was able to get to wave 12 but die on trenches. That seems like a good map to play on. With 5 we were able to beat it. Use wretches a lot, they can stun enemies while other wretches knock them out. I love to use the grenadier, lob a nade, down 3-5 people then go in there shotgunning them dead. I dont remember too much of what we did that night, someone might have been a berserker in the last wave. Someone might want to use a kantus too so they can heal people instead of people dying and having to buy a new guy. Plus their inks can be effective.

Probably start with 2 wretches, 2 savage drones. Until you can buy kantus. Then go with the Grenadiers, and Berserker in the last wave?

Checkout was the easiest map to play on because you could skip most of the lasers by jumping over a ledge next to them tbh

Well does the big head event work in private matches? If it dont then i dont think the ticker event will work in private on insane. I havent played yet, probably will tonight a little.

[quote name='GUNNM']Only quick/ranked for big head[/QUOTE]

& Horde.

Dood, I'm a level 78 and I have zero Retribution medals (killed your nemesis). I hope Epic changes/removes the Vengeful medal (execute X nemeses) in a future update.

[quote name='popular penguin']& Horde.

Dood, I'm a level 78 and I have zero Retribution medals (killed your nemesis). I hope Epic changes/removes the Vengeful medal (execute X nemeses) in a future update.[/QUOTE]

Level 55 (or around there) here, and I've never had a nemesis...I think that is busted.

for some reason it's actually harder to snipe BIG heads... makes no sense. if you aren't aimed directly in the middle of the person's head though, you'll notice your reticle doesn't turn red, hair shots, etc stuff like that doesn't count as a part of their body at all. I suppose technically it makes sense, but you'd think since this is a video game, it'd just count... all I can say is my sniping is significantly worse on this mode, which I was looking forward to specifically to stack head shots, oh well.

That's because they didn't change the hitbox to match the big heads. Basically you still have to hit them where their original sized heads would be.

Not feeling Big Head Mode...I recall playing in the Beta, but just not a fan of it. It should be pretty cool in Horde mode.

For those of you that have played, do bosses and tickers have big heads too?

Does anyone else here have 830 already aside from 7th Number and myself? This isn't a bragging question, I really need to know.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']
For those of you that have played, do bosses and tickers have big heads too?[/QUOTE]

I only saw Beserkers as a boss. They have big heads, but looks kinda natural. Tickers are about double their original size.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']Does anyone else here have 830 already aside from 7th Number and myself? This isn't a bragging question, I really need to know.[/QUOTE]

I'm at 805 gamerscore because I don't feel like grinding those "#1 in arcade" medals.

Just a heads up, i read on the epic forums that the socialite medal only gets counted in vs this weekend. If you only play horde it wont count. Not sure if its true, but thought id pass it on.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Just a heads up, i read on the epic forums that the socialite medal only gets counted in vs this weekend. If you only play horde it wont count. Not sure if its true, but thought id pass it on.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm this. I played Horde first, but the Socialite medal counter stayed at 1/5. After playing versus, the counter changed to 2/5.

[quote name='dotCody']I love it when assholes leave Horde. I didn't even realize I was by myself on Wave 20 until I died -.-[/QUOTE]

Ditto. We'd all be doing fine then 1 drops out. Then 2 more, leaving me and some random defending our A$$es.

OT: On casual Horde last night, I finally got mixed in with a great team (everybody called out targets, worked on defenses and healed each other, and pretty much backed each other up) and we were doing so well, until level 40. We had the usual mulchers and theron, but also got hit with armored kantus, a couple berserkers and a brumak. I hit the berserkers with HOD but they just wouldn't go down. So much to say, we tried 5 times to get through the round and just couldn't do it. This was my 1st time getting past level 20+, and I'd hate to see what kind of crap they through at lvl 50.

[quote name='GuitarMan']Ditto. We'd all be doing fine then 1 drops out. Then 2 more, leaving me and some random defending our A$$es.

OT: On casual Horde last night, I finally got mixed in with a great team (everybody called out targets, worked on defenses and healed each other, and pretty much backed each other up) and we were doing so well, until level 40. We had the usual mulchers and theron, but also got hit with armored kantus, a couple berserkers and a brumak. I hit the berserkers with HOD but they just wouldn't go down. So much to say, we tried 5 times to get through the round and just couldn't do it. This was my 1st time getting past level 20+, and I'd hate to see what kind of crap they through at lvl 50.[/QUOTE]

i can only speak for myself but when i played level 50, the game was throwing lambent berzerkers at us like crazy. we must've played 8-10 straight attempts where the boss was a lambent 'zerker. after that, it would usually spawn 3 normal berzerkers or 4 gunkers and when we failed at killing those, it gave us a brumak which was remarkably easy to kill compared to the others.

If you were playing on casual you must have been in a private game. Toss on a mutator or 2 and it will be much easier. Doesn't effect achievements either

[quote name='masterchief2291']i can only speak for myself but when i played level 50, the game was throwing lambent berzerkers at us like crazy. we must've played 8-10 straight attempts where the boss was a lambent 'zerker. after that, it would usually spawn 3 normal berzerkers or 4 gunkers and when we failed at killing those, it gave us a brumak which was remarkably easy to kill compared to the others.[/QUOTE]

That is crazy. And to think this is only casual mode, I read a lot of posts about people looking for others to play insane Horde.
Any strategies about handling all that?

[quote name='GuitarMan']That is crazy. And to think this is only casual mode, I read a lot of posts about people looking for others to play insane Horde.
Any strategies about handling all that?[/QUOTE]

Use super reload, infinite ammo, and instagib mutators ;)

Unless you were talking about getting people together for an insane run, then ask people around here?

[quote name='kklems']If you were playing on casual you must have been in a private game. Toss on a mutator or 2 and it will be much easier. Doesn't effect achievements either[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The 7th Number']Use super reload, infinite ammo, and instagib mutators ;)

Unless you were talking about getting people together for an insane run, then ask people around here?[/QUOTE]

My god, I had no idea there were mutators, had to google that one...Now I know what tasks to work on...and what a task some of those mutators call for.

Thanks The 7th Number & kklems. Someday, I'll be ready to join your ranks on insane horde...but by then you'll probably be playing 'Gears of War Zero - E-day' or 'Gears of War IV - The Revenge of Raam Jr'.

Gears of War 4 will feature Space Locust and Space COG's.

Insane Horde isn't that bad if you know the trick on Trenches, which is still the weirdest thing ever. With the Mutators it reduces to Casual Horde without Mutators.

Managed to get to lv.46 and get the Onyx Medic Medal, so only 23 to go. Weirdly enough, I got the Columbus Day Ribbon, yet I don't see it on the Ribbons Board.

[quote name='dotCody']I love it when assholes leave Horde. I didn't even realize I was by myself on Wave 20 until I died -.-[/QUOTE]

When doesnt that happen? Someone is always gone by wave 7.

I always wonder why they even bother to join a game.

I just really wish that stopping power would work for once.

I retro someone running in a straight line and they manage to close the distance and kill me with the sawed off.

[quote name='yankeessuck']When doesnt that happen? Someone is always gone by wave 7.

I always wonder why they even bother to join a game.[/QUOTE]

They should probably limit when you can leave in Public Horde. Like you have to stay at least 10 waves at a time. That's what I do. 10 or 20 waves, give my cash to someone, then leave.

[quote name='KingBroly']They should probably limit when you can leave in Public Horde. Like you have to stay at least 10 waves at a time. That's what I do. 10 or 20 waves, give my cash to someone, then leave.[/QUOTE]

There certainly should be some kind of penalty but even then if you want to just play for 10 waves why not just play beast?

Kinda off topic but, General RAAM is taking his talents to the nba in NBA 2k12.
This is my "my player". :D

raam.jpg

[quote name='yankeessuck']There certainly should be some kind of penalty but even then if you want to just play for 10 waves why not just play beast?[/QUOTE]

Beast isn't exactly a carbon copy of Horde... >_>

I agree, it is annoying when people leave early on in Horde... but the solution is to either bring friends in, or play exclusively with friends. I play public when I have nobody to play with, usually getting to around wave 30 before everyone leaves.

And @The7thNumber:

What is that I don't even.

[quote name='KingBroly'] Weirdly enough, I got the Columbus Day Ribbon, yet I don't see it on the Ribbons Board.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I think it's sole purpose is to show you that you qualified towards the medal/socialite achievement.

[quote name='yankeessuck']There certainly should be some kind of penalty but even then if you want to just play for 10 waves why not just play beast?[/QUOTE]

Because Beast is 12 waves, not 10.

Level 47 now (Well, 20 minutes or so and I'll be there). Big Head Mode is kind of cool. I think I'll try to unlock it as a Mutator soon enough. I've been picking up a lot of Medals over the past 24 hours or so, and I expect to get the Onyx Buttoned Up Medal as well as some Bronze ones (Untouchable, Captive Kills, Pistol Kills) in order to make the grind to 50 all the more easy. I'll be playing more Horde and Beast mode though, since I am really close to getting Onyx in everything for those (Except Founder, which seems to be glitched).

Broly, have you been focusing on grinding for the medals or have they just simply been coming to you? How many hours have you put into the game?

I've been grinding them mostly, at least the Onyx ones. The Bronze's I've had to hunt down because some aren't really that natural like Pistol and Captive Kills. I have no idea how much time I've invested in the game though.

I know that if I play 10 Waves of Public Horde I get about $15,000 and 10,000 XP each time. I need to play online more, but I'm kinda limited on free time at the moment.

Finally beat Beast on Hardcore, only to realize that I only need the medal for Insane and not the need to beat on a every difficulty without losing a round :/

Finished it on checkout with a total of 3 people, will try Insane later, hopefully 3 is still enough.

Thank for the Checkout tip, it's definitely easier when you can hop over walls to avoid barriers.

I don't think 3 is enough. 4 is definitely doable (on Trenches at least), but 5 is always preferred. The one problem I've found with Beast Mode (and Horde as well) is that money doesn't scale with the number of players in the game. If there are less players, more money should be given out. As well as more time.

I think I'll be able to get to Level 50 by Wednesday at this rate.

bread's done
Back