Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

[quote name='The Ebbtide']Are there five people who want to do Insane Horde this weekend with mutators?[/QUOTE]
I'd be up for that. It would need to be at night though.

I'm down for insane horde, i dont have all the mutators though but really only the host needs it...I'm also down for hardcore horde, or even normal/casual from 1-50 so I can get that no fail medal or whatever it is. it'll have to be at night as well.

the last game Ryuu invited me to we breezed through 19-31ish despite one guy apparently thinking it was funny to stand infront of sentries and turrets.

[quote name='kklems']I would do insane Horde this weekend. I have instigib and the reload mutator. Still working on unlimited ammo.[/QUOTE]
Those are the two I have as well, and I know I am less than half-way to unlimited ammo, but I'm not sure if that's essential.

I'd be more inclined to want to do it at night, if that's when others want to.

Is there a map that's best for this? I'd think Checkout to avoid Brumaks and Seeders, but I could also see Checkout's tight setup being disastrous for the higher up waves with enemies and explosives.

Overpass? With Super Reload I could see a Brumak going down easily, especially with 5 firing on it.

I could help with horde on insane this weekend. I have infinite ammo, instagib, and super reloader. I've already beaten it on insane but I need all the other onyx medals in Horde. Its pretty easy on Overpass. Buy the command post up top, only buy/upgrade the fences at the bottom by the steps and have one guy buy/maintain a silverback.

[quote name='Sinfulfate']I could help with horde on insane this weekend. I have infinite ammo, instagib, and super reloader. I've already beaten it on insane but I need all the other onyx medals in Horde. Its pretty easy on Overpass. Buy the command post up top, only buy/upgrade the fences at the bottom by the steps and have one guy buy/maintain a silverback.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that sounds like the best strategy.

I have all the upgrades maxed out, so repairing and upgrading the wires and Silverback (and turret and sentry, if needed) shouldn't be an issue if people without the upgrades want to give me (or anyone else with the upgrades maxed out) their money initially to get those up early.

We'd also probably have to come up with a system of agreement about the Loot Challenges.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']Is there a map that's best for this? I'd think Checkout to avoid Brumaks and Seeders[/QUOTE]
I've gotten a Brumak on Checkout before. Twice, in fact. Never had a seeder in any boss wave ever though. Did you mean Reaver?

Yeah, I've had a Brumak on Checkout too. It was sweet because he glitched on a low roof and couldn't move. Do you mean Gunker rather than Seeder? I've had them on Checkout too.

I meant Reavers, but I was unaware about Brumaks on Checkout. Good to know. I just assumed that the small indoor setting would've prevented a Brumak from being used on that map.

If there's 5 people that are ready to do this, I'm definitely free this weekend to get it done.

I'm down for insane horde, beast, arcade whatever as well. Can't really play during the daytime hours though, more like 9pm and after EST.

Hey guys feel free to add me on xbox live for any and all gears action. I am usually on daily between 10pm-2 am PST.

I am ALWAYS on to boost the other medals, but Thats the times I actually play.

Word is that you get a black and orange weapon skin for this weekend. I'm at work and I have not been able to play today. But keep an eye out for it and if any one has seen it or has pic link it up!

If you get halloween theme'd wpn skins, is it's only for the event or do we actually get to keep it? a jack o lantern inplace of the cog gear skin would be pretty sweet.

[quote name='100xp']If you get halloween theme'd wpn skins, is it's only for the event or do we actually get to keep it? a jack o lantern inplace of the cog gear skin would be pretty sweet.[/QUOTE]
It is being said that it's just for the weekend & that you only see the halloween skins over the Flame skin set (you need to have the flame skins equipped to see the weekend skins)

[quote name='knightsmith']It is being said that it's just for the weekend & that you only see the halloween skins over the Flame skin set (you need to have the flame skins equipped to see the weekend skins)[/QUOTE]

damn.

I curse my buddies for telling me they werent going to play Gears, so i opt'd out of the beta...now they are playing gears, and after they beat it, they'll trading it in to GS. Otherwise, they're really good buds...

[quote name='100xp']damn.

I curse my buddies for telling me they werent going to play Gears, so i opt'd out of the beta...now they are playing gears, and after they beat it, they'll trading it in to GS. Otherwise, they're really good buds...[/QUOTE]
I gave up on friends that I chill with playing & keeping the same games as I do! I have 2 friends that will get down with me in gears (everyone else is COD & Madden) **they will never get a full $60 out of me!. I have a lot of xbox friends that will get down with me in gears any day & time.

Thanks you just sparked a Mem. that piss me off. I gave 3 of my friends codes to get into the beta the 1st week after the Bulletstorm week They never used the codes!

[quote name='knightsmith']Thanks you just sparked a Mem. that piss me off. I gave 3 of my friends codes to get into the beta the 1st week after the Bulletstorm week They never used the codes![/QUOTE]

if you can't perform a fire ball motion, they most likely won't hold onto the game after they beat the campaign. I stopped sending them CAG like deals and/or codes for stuff.

as for triggering bad memories...you can take them out on some trick or treater's tonight in the gears event. :hot:

i dont have sound at the office, but it was interesting. looks like hong kong...funny thing is the guy playing marcus looks so tiny in the gears outfit but you know that dood probably knows all sorts of mad kungfu.

[quote name='100xp']i dont have sound at the office, but it was interesting. looks like hong kong...funny thing is the guy playing marcus looks so tiny in the gears outfit but you know that dood probably knows all sorts of mad kungfu.[/QUOTE]

It's only playing the song Mad World. so your not missing much but it has an effect on the video.

yes the guy is small as I don't know what! I think I would look small in that. from the looks of it! 6'1 225

Im looking for some CAG members who are willing me to help me complete the Campaign on Arcade (4player co-op) with the following acts/chapters on Casual/Normal.
Act 2 Chapter 1,2
Act 3 Chapter 1,2,3
Act 5 Chapter 1,2,3,4,5,6

[quote name='Seaworthyset']Im looking for some CAG members who are willing me to help me complete the Campaign on Arcade (4player co-op) with the following acts/chapters on Casual/Normal.
Act 2 Chapter 1,2
Act 3 Chapter 1,2,3
Act 5 Chapter 1,2,3,4,5,6[/QUOTE]
Goodness you need to just go ahead and do it on Insane and get it all out of the way!

[quote name='TheBigAndy']Tip, while 3 players are on insane, have the 4th on Casual in campaign, have them run ahead and kill everything. It makes this super simple.[/QUOTE]

i didnt know individual players can set their own difficulty in arcade...does the guy set to casual still get credit for insane completion?

On Arcade, all players have the same difficulty. No exceptions.

And no, the Casual Player gets credit for beating it on Casual.

Different difficulty settings only works in Standard campaign.

But it's not too hard to clear Insane on Arcade legit. Just keep joining games until you get a chapter you still need. Half the time you join when they are 5 seconds away from finishing the chapter anyway.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Different difficulty settings only works in Standard campaign.

But it's not too hard to clear Insane on Arcade legit. Just keep joining games until you get a chapter you still need. Half the time you join when they are 5 seconds away from finishing the chapter anyway.[/QUOTE]

oh snap...go too know.

What makes Insane hard is that there is no down-but-not-out, you just instantly die when your health goes down to zero. But that also means that the great advantage of playing with A.I. on Hardcore and below, the fact that they are professional revive machines, is irrelevant.

Playing with four humans there are really only two very difficult spots in the game-- the very end of Act 3 and the final boss. Act 3 is just brutally difficult and my best advice is to just keep trying until you get matched up with people who are really good. :) There's an occasional glitch in the final boss fight where the palace guards won't spawn like they're supposed to, turning an essentially impossible fight into a very easy one. Keep joining games and eventually you'll get lucky! This is why I'd also recommend trying to finish Arcade Act 5 soon, in case a future title update fixes this glitch!

At all of you reacting to my post, i completed insane with 2 friends the other night. Now i wat to beat all acts with 4 players total, but i cant make it up to 4 players.

This game would be a lot more fun if it was more consistent, and not so laggy. I played a few hours of boomsnipes, and it was fun at first. Then i start noticing my shots right under an enemies feet, and he lives through it. But they can hit a wall 10 feet behind me and i am annihilated. My last match i shot a boom at someone, got behind cover, pop goes my head. How did he shoot my head off when i was already behind cover? I also shot a guy twice with the boom and nothing, i ended up sniping his head off after 2 booms. And last but not least, love those invisible walls. I end up killing myself a couple times because i was aiming at someone and boom, invisible wall, im dead.

Also map rotation hasnt been fixed. I played trenches like 4 times, thrashball 3 times, never once got gridlock, old town. Wish they would do something about that. I tweet at cliff and rod about it a few times!

[quote name='The 7th Number']Also map rotation hasnt been fixed. I played trenches like 4 times, thrashball 3 times, never once got gridlock, old town. Wish they would do something about that. I tweet at cliff and rod about it a few times![/QUOTE]
The map system is awful. Epic should just make it an alphabetical rotation like Gears 2 for all unranked matches.

Oh yeah, for some reason half the time i point at a guy with sniper, then zoom in, i will somehow be looking at the ground. I dont know why it does this, it should zoom straight at what im looking at. But sometimes ill end up looking at something further down to where i wanted to zoom in at.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Oh yeah, for some reason half the time i point at a guy with sniper, then zoom in, i will somehow be looking at the ground. I dont know why it does this, it should zoom straight at what im looking at. But sometimes ill end up looking at something further down to where i wanted to zoom in at.[/QUOTE]

Hah, I've noticed that too, disorients me quite a bit

[quote name='The 7th Number']Oh yeah, for some reason half the time i point at a guy with sniper, then zoom in, i will somehow be looking at the ground. I dont know why it does this, it should zoom straight at what im looking at. But sometimes ill end up looking at something further down to where i wanted to zoom in at.[/QUOTE]
I hate when you're aiming from cover with a Longshot or Hammerburst and when you go to zoom in, for some reason it blocks you're sight with a wall.

This only happens when you're standing at corner cover, especially on Gridlock, but it makes the ability to go first person useless, as your shots get fired into the wall in that view.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']I hate when you're aiming from cover with a Longshot or Hammerburst and when you go to zoom in, for some reason it blocks you're sight with a wall.

This only happens when you're standing at corner cover, especially on Gridlock, but it makes the ability to go first person useless, as your shots get fired into the wall in that view.[/QUOTE]

had that happen to me on gridlock. I was aiming and could see fine, but zoom in and blocked by a wall. Doesnt make sense. I also notice there is a big delay when you shoot the sniper and try to get back under cover. Maybe thats why i feel like i should be under cover, but end up getting my head shot off.

[quote name='GUNNM']Halloween colors are badass[/QUOTE]

Haven't played the Halloween event yet. What do you mean colors? I thought they were all just going to have jack-o-lantern heads.

i wish there was private deathmatch.
-
makes sad that you cant use the matchmaking sets in private as well. me and my friend kept having to pick up the boomshot before we starting attacking. we killed each other several times before we picked one up (on purpose).

you know the old market level. i was at the digger and these two enemies were infront of me. i hit an invisible wall (or their boomshot). but they lived and i died, weird thing is they weren't looking at me and i clearly had the advantage. im thinking it was invisible wall because i fired my gun and i dont think they could have done the same in the span of time.

^
Halloween Event = flaming skins get changed to what I call "pumpkin skins". It looks just like tiger stripes, but black and pumpkin orange.

Halloween Day Event = Jack-o-Laturn heads.

bread's done
Back