Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

[quote name='Gamer SDP']so I haven't been missing out on events? the last one was sniper/boltok.[/QUOTE]

yeah it was, personally im glad i maxed my socialite medal, or whatever its called. This weeks event sounds boring. Its like they have blades and nades.... oh yeah and a pistol to fuck it up. Just like last week they had snipers and boltok.... oh and smokes to fuck it up. There is always something from keeping it true.

First things first: Gears 2 update, I got the last non Seriously 2.0 achievement, so only 55k kills before I finish that off. Now then...

...I'm getting back into things, I decided to grind 3 Onyx Medals on 2-2 in Arcade. After 3 hours or so and realizing I was still 120 Chapters away from getting the Aficionado Onyx Medal I decided to stop for my own sanity. I somehow went from Lv. 50 to 56 (60% or so) in the process.

I did the Weekend Event, so I'm good to go there. Only 27 left to go since they fixed the Glitch for that :\ I feel like I should be setting a weekly goal for this game right now and try to get one Onyx a week for a while. That way I won't tire myself out. I'll probably end up getting the Season Pass as well since RAAM's Shadow interests me the most.

I am on now and will pretty much be on all night if anyone wouldnt mind helping me out with that all 5 as onyx horde blah blah blah achievement, hit me up!

GT TheBigAndy

[quote name='TheBigAndy']I am on now and will pretty much be on all night if anyone wouldnt mind helping me out with that all 5 as onyx horde blah blah blah achievement, hit me up!

GT TheBigAndy[/QUOTE]
Sent you a message. I can bring 3 gamertags and a guest if you need.

[quote name='kklems']Sent you a message. I can bring 3 gamertags and a guest if you need.[/QUOTE]

awesome I will be back on when I am done watching the walking dead.

The gaming session I had last night came dangerously close to convincing me to buy Raam's Shadow. The buffs they gave to the Hammerburst are absolutely ridiculous. I love that gun all over again now.

[quote name='TheBigAndy']awesome I will be back on when I am done watching the walking dead.[/QUOTE]
oh shit I forgot about the walking dead. got to love tivo! anyway my goal is to make it to lvl 3 silverback this week and to get 1000 kills with the lancer. then I will only need about 1000 more for onxy

[quote name='knightsmith']I haven't seen any great deals on games for black Friday. I was looking for some MS Points & Gold[/QUOTE]

3-month gold cards are $7.99 at Best Buy, and $10.00 at Target. They're also in several other ads for $12.99-$14.99, but that's not as good of a deal. If you can get 4 of them from Best Buy or Target (and that's probably a big IF) that's equivalent to a $32 or $40 12-month membership. Not bad.

Haven't seen any deals on point cards.

[quote name='knightsmith']I haven't seen any great deals on games for black Friday. I was looking for some MS Points & Gold[/QUOTE]

I meant playing Horde Mode on Black Friday :)

[quote name='willenglishiv']I meant playing Horde Mode on Black Friday :)[/QUOTE]
I knew what you where talking about. that just sparked in my head will I even get a chance to play on friday with all the shopping my wife will be doing I know I will be dragged out into that mess. no telling when I will get home to play!

[quote name='knightsmith']oh shit I forgot about the walking dead. got to love tivo! anyway my goal is to make it to lvl 3 silverback this week and to get 1000 kills with the lancer. then I will only need about 1000 more for onxy[/QUOTE]

Cool, send me a FR if you want help. I am trying to get my silver back up too, and I need to do like 900 more waves anyways.

[quote name='willenglishiv']anyone up for Horde mode this coming black friday?[/QUOTE]

Hey Willenglishiv,

send me a FR and I'll join you, if I'm on.

Well I work retail, so I am going to have to get a ton of GOW3 and MW3 in between Football and Turkey on Thursday, I am am really close to 2 more horde Onyx Medals.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Anyone want to try to get some Horde/Beast DLC achievements tomorrow around 7 or 8pm PT?[/QUOTE]

I might be on then.

[quote name='knightsmith']boosted the SB for 2hrs in horde only got lvl 2 halfway done.[/QUOTE]

I am not even on level 2 yet. I am putting all of my money into it, it is soooo slow. I would rather just put money into it and let someone else use it.

[quote name='TheBigAndy']I might be on then.

I am not even on level 2 yet. I am putting all of my money into it, it is soooo slow. I would rather just put money into it and let someone else use it.[/QUOTE]
It is slow to build but it is actually better to use it and put money into it. By using it you make more money each round (I usually stay out for round 1-3 each 10 levels since you usually take more damage than you can earn but after that it starts to ramp up) Make more money, put more into the SB, rinse and repeat.

Are you playing a public match or private. Casual private only puts a small amount of money earned and used towards the count. Better to go insane with harder mutators and repeat level 8-9 over and over again. They tend to give you lots of grinders, maulers and boomers which give you up to $525 per kill or stick to public matches and hope you have some teamwork. Feel free to message me. I have unlocked and gotten the SB achievement and would be happy to help with that and other achievements.

you want to consider playing on insane or hardcore more often, the investment amounts in those modes are equal or greater than the amount invested.

Anyone see or hear anything on the Impossible Mission yet? Its supposed to be revealed today right? I'm hoping for the Trasball Done skin. It is Football season after all.

I'm still waiting on the news myself. As of now most of the community as well the forum admin herself has no idea when the announcement will drop. Oh Epic... what have you screwed up this time? ;\

[quote name='LinkinPrime']What are those guys called, they're freakin' sweet.[/QUOTE]
Weapon skin = Impossible Set

Characters = Classic Carmine, Savage Creeper, Savage Marauder

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Oh man, I hope the weapon skins aren't the reward.[/QUOTE]
I kind of think they are. :whistle2:# But it's not clear to me if the character skins are also associated with the Mission Impossible event or if they're part of RAAM's Shadow, and just included in the Versus Booster pack for compatibility.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I could have sworn I read that the booster back wasn't supposed to include any skins.[/QUOTE]
Right, but it seems to me that the assets for skins and characters associated with RAAM's Shadow and the Mission Impossible event will be bundled with the free pack (just not unlocked), so that people who don't pay for RAAM's Shadow will be able to see other people using them online.

ETA: Just as I suspected, the Versus Booster pack will be a mandatory download to play online. I'm now certain that it contains all of the upcoming weapon and character skins for compatibility purposes.

I didn't understand the Classic Carmine skin until I read the comments. It's just Clayton Carmine in long sleeves. That's kind of interesting...

I really hope that weapon skin isn't the Impossible Mission skin. I figured it would at least be animated. And I still can't believe that his game is actually going to be the first 2000 Point game for Achievements. I always figured a Halo game would do that.

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/860497-Impossible-mission-announced

LOL. I knew it was going to suck. All that hype for a mediocre skin set for doing something nowhere near 'impossible'? Riiiiiight. My guess is the real reward/plans fell through and they had to scramble to give us this instead otherwise a delay of this magnitude wasn't necessary. The best part is none of us will actually receive the skins until the 31st of December which practically screams 'oh shit, we f*cked up'.

Free is free... of course. I just knew better than to expect anything out of the ordinary from an event.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']All that hype for a mediocre skin set for doing something nowhere near 'impossible'?[/QUOTE]
I'm just glad it's retroactive. :lol:

I was really hoping the skin would be like a flame that moved horizontally through the weapon skin, much like the iconic opening of the Mission: Impossible series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI9KhPJ-utE

A lot less cheesy than that, but imagine if the skin were dark with a bright flame moving through it, that restarted when it reached the end of the gun (different from the flaming weapon skins). That what I was hoping for.

Somewhat better video reference:
(Warning, the obnoxious editing of this may induce seizures)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFtHB4RevLM

bread's done
Back