Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

What if the exclusive skin from the impossible mission is the Theron Elite (black Theron)? I don't think it's too far fetched given that: 1) the mission starts in November 24, before RAAM's Shadow is released 2) the skin is already in the game (locked content).

[quote name='popular penguin']What if the exclusive skin from the impossible mission is the Theron Elite (black Theron)? I don't think it's too far fetched given that: 1) the mission starts in November 24, before RAAM's Shadow is released 2) the skin is already in the game (locked content).[/QUOTE]

I hope its some king of lucust, because there arent that many good ones. I use kantus right now, but i dont even want to use the two golden locust you can unlock. There are a ton of COG characters compared to the locust. Would be cool if it was like a lambent grenadier or something.

[quote name='paz9x']sent request. im up for the dlc stuff anytime im on[/QUOTE]

Just sent my request. I'm always up for playing/DLC anytime I'm on.

It'd be nice if it was a female locust skin, just so that people had more options for Battle Mistress than teams of Myrrahs.

I still haven't had a change to buy a Silverback. Everytime I save up money and I'm close to buying one, someone else beats me to it. I thought that helping repair the Silverback would allow me to level up, but it doesn't seem to do it.

I've been trying to just focus on making turrets so I can get a command center. If that's supposed to be "quick," then I have no interest at all at trying to upgrade the silverback. It took me forever just to get to lvl 5 turrets. Epic isn't very good at setting reasonable goals it seems.

also: FENRYYYY!

I need some help with 2 achievements: Like a boss & Host with the most. I'll be playing all morning tomorrow, so send me a message when you are ready for some Horde.

Well MW3 is out.... and it seems like Gears numbers are getting low. I see 1-2k people playing each of the game types, except KOTH had around 5k and most popular one TDM had about 12-15k. You would think with less people on, the lag would get better, especially when they have servers up. IDK if they are up now, but it doesnt seem like it. I played today and would evade, then warp back. Again i run into situations where i blow someone away with a gnasher then get chainsawed by the same guy. I think we need the servers up now more than anything since there arent many people playing and its hard to find a good connection.

I was doing good today with a couple friends. I think when i do bad, its usually because my team sucks as a whole, and the other team sticks together. I have big problems when 2-3 guys are coming at me and i have no backup. Sometimes i can take one out but i end up dead. I need about 350 assists for the Onyx medal in assists. Its pretty easy to get an assist. Either someone kills your down, or you shoot them a little, even tagging them before they die will give you an assist.

[quote name='The 7th Number']
I think when i do bad, its usually because my team sucks as a whole, and the other team sticks together. I have big problems when 2-3 guys are coming at me and i have no backup. [/QUOTE]
I think that's every Gears of War game, though, especially the original (due to it's tight map setup). It's ridiculous when you move up, get group attacked, look around, and your team has not advanced or tried to cover you. Then they yell when the exact same tactic is used on them. What they expect, though, as you numbers get reduced? Leaving me to die only delays their impending death as well.

It's not always true that sticking together works, as a Boomshot or Frag Grenade can easily kill clusters, but it tends to be the better strategy for almost every gametype.
Except Wingman. For some reason, and I never can understand this, I tend to play better alone in that gametype, but that's because I always play with randoms. Counting on someone to help me just never works in online games, so automatically realizing that the only backup I have is one guy makes me play more aggressively a as lone player. The other gametypes of 3-4 teammates gives me false confidence that I'm being protected.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I still haven't had a change to buy a Silverback. Everytime I save up money and I'm close to buying one, someone else beats me to it. I thought that helping repair the Silverback would allow me to level up, but it doesn't seem to do it.[/QUOTE]

it does help you lvl up but if you are playing on standard/normal & not in a Privet Match on Hardcore or Insane you are only geting about 60% of your money goes to your lvl up.
I only have the Decoys(4) Silverback(1) left to level-up

Last edited by a moderator:
THE BREAK DOWN

Depending on the difficulty, the amount of money spent on fortications versus the amount actually used to level-up will vary.
Difficulty Experience Affects:

• Casual = 60%
  • Normal = 80%
  • Hardcore = 100%
  • Insane = 120%
Note: These can be stacked with mutators.
(Difficulty Percentage) x (Mutator 1 + Mutator 2 + Mutator 3) = Fortifications Experience

Barrier:

Level 1 - Already Unlocked
Level 2 - To Unlock: Spend 2,000 on barriers-Spike Barrier Repair Cost 8% Less & Level 1 Decoy Unlocked
Level 3 - To Unlock: Spend 8,000 on barriers.Razor Wire Barrier Unlocked
Level 4 - To Unlock: Spend 20,000 on barriers.Razor Wire Repair Cost 8% Less & Level 1 Turret Unlocked.
Level 5 - To Unlock: Spend 45,000 on barriers.Electrified Barrier Unlocked
Level 6 - To Unlock: Spend 75,000 on barriers.Electrified Barrier Repair Cost 8% Less
Level 7 - To Unlock: Spend 120,000 on barriers.Laser Barrier Unlocked - Silverback Unlocked
Level 8 - To Unlock: Spend 170,000 on barriers.Laser Barrier Repair Cost 8% Less

Decoy:
Level 1 - To Unlock: Spend 2,000 on barriers.
Level 2 - To Unlock: Spend 5,000 on decoys.Light Decoy Dummy Decoy Unlocked.
Level 3 - To Unlock: Spend 20,000 on decoys. Repair Cost Reduced
Level 4 - To Unlock: Spend 35,000 on decoys.Dummy Decoy with Red Paint Unlocked
Level 5 - To Unlock: Spend 75,000 on decoys.Repair Cost Reduced
Level 6 - To Unlock: Spend 110,000 on decoys.Dummy with boombox and explosives Unlocked
Level 7 - To Unlock: Spend 170,000 on decoys.Repair Cost Reduced
Level 8 - To Unlock: Onyx Guard Spend 220,000 on decoys *Need Horde DLC

Sentry:
Level 1 - To Unlock: Spend 35,000 on decoys.
Level 2 - To Unlock: Spend 10,000 on sentries.Light Sentry Repair Cost 11% Less.
Level 3 - To Unlock: Spend 30,000 on sentries.Heavy Sentry Mechanic - Heavy Sentry Guns Unlocked
Level 4 - To Unlock: Spend 90,000 on sentries. Heavy Sentry Repair Cost 11% Less
Level 5 - To Unlock: Spend 105,000 on sentries.Static Sentry Mechanic - Static Sentry Guns Unlocked
Level 6 - To Unlock: Spend 135,000 on sentries.Static Sentry Repair Cost 11% Less
Level 6 - To Unlock: Spend 200,000 on sentries.Incendiary Sentry *Need Horde DLC

Man-able Turret:
Level 1 - To Unlock: Retro Lancer Turret Spend 20,000 on barriers.
Level 2 - To Unlock: Spend 15,000 on turrets.Increased Acuracy
Level 3 - To Unlock: 50,000 on turrets.Lancer Turret Unlocked
Level 4 - To Unlock: Spend 90,000 on turrets.Repair cost Reduced
Level 5 - To Unlock: Spend 140,000 on turrets.Troika Turret Unlocked
Level 6 - To Unlock: Spend 200,000 on turrets.Repair Cost Reduced
Level 7 - To Unlock: Spend 270,000 on turrets.Armored Troika Turret Unlocked
Level 8 - To Unlock: Spend 360,000 on turrets.Repair Cost Reduced*Need Horde DLC for Command Center

Silverback:
Level 1 - To Unlock: Spend 170,000 on barriers.
Level 2 - To Unlock: Spend 200,000 on silverbacks. Repair Cost 11% Less*before DLC was 33%
Level 3 - To Unlock: Spend 500,000 on silverbacks. Rockets*Need Horde DLC
Level 4 - To Unlock: Spend 900,000 on silverbacks. Repair Cost 11%*Need Horde DLC
Level 5 - To Unlock: Spend 1,500,000 on silverbacks. Repair Cost 11%*Need Horde DLC

*Need Horde DLC for Command Centers

Command Centers:
*Name listing of C.C. Outside Command Centers/ Inside Command Centers
Level 1 - To Unlock: Sniper/Boomshots C.C. Spend 360,000 on turrets/Level 8 turrents
Level 2 - To Unlock: Mortar/Boomshots & Frags C.C. Spend 5,000
Level 3 - To Unlock: Upgraded Mortar/Boomshots & Frags C.C. Spend 25,000
Level 4 - To Unlock: Hammer of Dawn/Vulcan Cannons C.C. Spend 40,000

think I had a couple people join my horde match earlier from here, so thanks for playing. sorry I didnt have my mic on, kids were playing in the back and being loud :whee:

Just picked up the Season pass & sent my friend request for CAGear3DLC.

I'm not as far off as most of you guys, in stats, but I love playing Horde. If you need an extra gun, I'm your man.

Today i was playing TDM and it seems like most people use retro/sos combo. Makes the game really boring. I tried using the sos just because everyone else was, and my shots would only work 50% of the time. Point blank shots dont do shit half the time. Also had a bit of lag too.

Also an update on this weeks gears weekend..

Longshots and Boltoks playlist this #GearsWeekend. Going to do some "snipe jousting" CQC style.

I also suggested to cliffy on twitter there be a Ring of Fire event, KOTH with starting weapons Scorcher and incendiary grenades!

I like the scorcher / incendiary grenades. and hope they do that, and only that. too many of these custom events are getting ruined by secondary and 3rd weapons, too much boltok sniping and not enough digger ammo was a fail, imo.

I'd like to see an actual jousting event.... just retro lancers.... with no ammo :x

that'd be freaking fun.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I like the scorcher / incendiary grenades. and hope they do that, and only that. too many of these custom events are getting ruined by secondary and 3rd weapons, too much boltok sniping and not enough digger ammo was a fail, imo.

I'd like to see an actual jousting event.... just retro lancers.... with no ammo :x

that'd be freaking fun.[/QUOTE]

We could set up a cag jousting night :)

Has anyone had the game remove all the collectibles/tags that they picked up? I still have the achievement for getting so many and my levels are still okay, but all my pick ups are gone except ones I've got after they were erased? Is there any way to get them back without finding them again?

Also, if anyone wants to play add me. I'm looking to do a co-op run through some time and always up for multiplayer. I'll add the CAG tag too.

Also, do any of you guys with the Gears console have trouble with controllers disconnecting? My Gears controllers keep cutting out, but it just seems to be them not my older controllers. Though I've heard reports that the system seems to be the issue.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Has anyone had the game remove all the collectibles/tags that they picked up? I still have the achievement for getting so many and my levels are still okay, but all my pick ups are gone except ones I've got after they were erased? Is there any way to get them back without finding them again?

Also, if anyone wants to play add me. I'm looking to do a co-op run through some time and always up for multiplayer. I'll add the CAG tag too.[/QUOTE]

I had my campaign progress and collectibles reset. Most likely no way to get hem back once you start a new game as it overwrites with the corrupt data. If you notice it quick enough some people can delete and recover their gamertag and it restores the data but once the game saves it self it is overwritten

Can't play the game right now. I press start on the title screen, and get to "Downloading Playlists" and it freezes on me. I checked the Epic forums and there's a thread about it, so I'm not the only one. Hopefully it's fixed soon.

Edit: It's working now, and it seems to be a problem with the new playlist, so it's been pulled until they can fix the problem.

So I'm probably leaving work a little early today and I'd like to get some DLC achievements if anyone's interested in helping me, I'm not just gonna play for the achievements but I'd like to get them then continue playing whatever, horde, versus, doesn't matter.

I'd like to knock out a 1-50 horde or just do 40-50, doesn't matter.

oh snap...I haven't heard the reference to "cry havoc" in ages.

I'll be on late tonight to jump in and out of horde games. I'll eventually unlock normal and heroic medal through random various waves.

I just finished horde on Normal last night with randoms. someone was a silverback piggy! So I worked on my decoy lvls I need waves 32-50 on Insane

Ah man, for some reason I thought this new event was going to be a one hit anywhere kill like the golden gun on Goldeneye, not an all snipers match. I suck at these things.

[quote name='Cry Havoc']Ah man, for some reason I thought this new event was going to be a one hit anywhere kill like the golden gun on Goldeneye, not an all snipers match. I suck at these things.[/QUOTE]

Me too, kind of sucks because we just had snipers a couple weeks ago paired with boomshots. I played a little already and from what i played it was fun, but i know it wasnt on servers, because when i got a match it was me and all bots. Also after a couple rounds we got the rustlung map, so i had to be host. I cant wait to get some shitty host tonight so when i duck my head back under cover, then it will get blown off. -_-

[quote name='hustletron']So I'm probably leaving work a little early today and I'd like to get some DLC achievements if anyone's interested in helping me[/QUOTE]

What time? I also need to get the DLC achievements, but we need a party of 5.

I was trying to think of how CTL could be improved and be better, more like Guardian, without making it guardian. So i came up with a few ideas.

1. If your leader is being held captive, and you die, you dont get to respawn unless your leader is freed. If he is freed then you respawn immediately. Thats kind of like guardian, but instead of killing the leader, then the rest, you capture the leader, and while holding him you try to kill the rest of the team to win. After you finish the rest of the team off, you execute the leader.

2. I also thought leaders should be able to use any kind of smoke/nade/ink/incendiary that they have while being held to free themselves, just like how they can hit B to stun the guy holding them. I mean you never die, so its not like you get unlimited amount of smokes, you would have to go get some after using your 1 smoke you start with. So smart leaders would hold onto their smokes until the last second, or use it if they are down to 1 teammate left to avoid losing the round.

Thoughts?

[quote name='popular penguin']What time? I also need to get the DLC achievements, but we need a party of 5.[/QUOTE]

I should be home at about 4:30 EST.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Also, do any of you guys with the Gears console have trouble with controllers disconnecting? My Gears controllers keep cutting out, but it just seems to be them not my older controllers. Though I've heard reports that the system seems to be the issue.[/QUOTE]
No sir I do not have that prob. but I have yet to use the actual controllers that come with the console. I picked up 2 Gears controller before I picked up the console but they are working just fine.

Anyone down to help a brother out with the beat a boss wave with 5 onyx guards in horde (requires DLC)? I will be on tonight around 11pm PST, and really want to knock this out before I start into MW3 Multiplayer tonight.

[quote name='TheBigAndy']Anyone down to help a brother out with the beat a boss wave with 5 onyx guards in horde (requires DLC)? I will be on tonight around 11pm PST, and really want to knock this out before I start into MW3 Multiplayer tonight.[/QUOTE]

I'm down. I am on now if anyone wants to play. Wouldn't mind doing some insane horde too. Need waves 20 and up. I am on the CAG friend list so just shoot me a message if I am playing MW3 or something else. I'd like to do these tonight as well.

If anyone has the upgraded silverback unlocked and wouldn't mind me doing some rocket kills that would be pretty damn awesome as well!

[quote name='100xp']gg ryuukishi (and friends) - 19 - 50 waves of normal horde (w/out mutators) now I just need this on hardcore and insanity.[/QUOTE]
That was pretty good, Blood Drive seems like it's ideally set up for Horde, even more so than Overpass. My second Long Hauler ribbon. :lol: And that Command Center is a lot of fun to play with.

Count me in on the onyx horde completetion for both the dlc and insane tonight, I can be on at 11 pst

ALSO the Onyx War-Supporter bug is back as well as possible others. I didn't use this last weekend, but it looks like its happening again.

I was complaining to my gf that a lot of my completions went away. Like all my executions and collectibles reset to 0, even though I have the achievement (Those stayed thankfully) My ribbons and medals stayed too, but it would give me the horde completion box such as wave 3/12 for the achievement after a match with it already completed. While this was happening I realized that it kept giving me ticks on the war-supporter box, I guess this evens out the other things that ill have to redo.

Having MW3 fatigue so if anyone needs a player let me know. Added cagears3dlc as well. I still need to finish level 2 of a silverback to unlock rockets so horde would be my preference but beast is ok to.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']That was pretty good, Blood Drive seems like it's ideally set up for Horde, even more so than Overpass. My second Long Hauler ribbon. :lol: And that Command Center is a lot of fun to play with.[/QUOTE]

ah crappy, I have to beat Horde from 1-50 at some point. Yeah, Blood Drive seems a lot better than Overpass. You have a ton more room to run around and regroup, Overpass you're screwed once a berzerker or a bunch of corpsers break run up the stairs...no where to run. I have a lot more horde to play to start enjoying the command center as well. tell the other ppl that we played with thanks for the group and gg.

I just picked this up with a new 360 - love this game. Worth the money I paid for the system and more...my whole weekend has been sucked away now. Anyway, do any of you have problems with your mic during online matches? I've only had it actually work for me once. Do most people just run silent these days? Or am I not realizing something here?

[quote name='hopesfall']I just picked this up with a new 360 - love this game. Worth the money I paid for the system and more...my whole weekend has been sucked away now. Anyway, do any of you have problems with your mic during online matches? I've only had it actually work for me once. Do most people just run silent these days? Or am I not realizing something here?[/QUOTE]
Actually I have noticed that. I've had several Horde matches where I was talking but no one could hear me or they could barely hear me. It's a new mic too. I can usually hear other people just fine though.

brand new mic from a slim console, ppl have trouble hearing me as well...so it might just be the quality (or lack there of) of the new headsets. otherwise, i hardly talk in MP unless it's in a party.

[quote name='100xp']brand new mic from a slim console, ppl have trouble hearing me as well...so it might just be the quality (or lack there of) of the new headsets. otherwise, i hardly talk in MP unless it's in a party.[/QUOTE]

Same here, but it is just because I HATE listening to children on xbox.

bread's done
Back