Gears of War - General Discussion 2 - Re-release 6/24 w/Maps and Extras (No PC Stuff)

[quote name='Khondor']Decided to go ahead and play through this after all this time.
Anyone up for a co-op run?[/quote]

Check back with me tomorrow and I might be up to it. I've played through this game three times already, and I'm about ready for my fourth run. Plus, I need the co-op achievements.

PM me tomorrow after 3pm (eastern) and I'll play if I'm not too busy.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Check back with me tomorrow and I might be up to it. I've played through this game three times already, and I'm about ready for my fourth run. Plus, I need the co-op achievements.

PM me tomorrow after 3pm (eastern) and I'll play if I'm not too busy.[/quote]

Will do :)

I just found that my save has lost my progress (I beat it on Insane, but Insane and level select is unavailable) even though it has my last save point at Pale Horse (only playable on easy/medium) and it lost my 30/30 tags. My achievements for those are still unlocked. Any fixes?

If not, anyone want to co-op Insane. I never did much co-op so it'd be cool if I could play as Dom to get the achievements, but I'd be down for hosting so someone else could get the Domchievements, too. I usually play around 12:30 AM eastern. PM me or send me an FR.

I have this game coming to me for the second time, so if anybody wants to co-op the campaign with me, that would be awesome.

I didn't play this game all that much when I originally had it, so let me know if somebody is in the same boat and we can rock it.

I don't know why but after getting back into this game with CAGtac, it seems that every time we go to Canals there's always one guy who can get insta-headshots with the sniper and someone else with a T3 connection who can do back-flips and cartwheels while shotgunning you. Any other map is fine, it's just Canals and it's literally every time we go there - definitely ruining one of my favorite boards.

My new copy should be here this week and I'm excited to jump back into it. Maybe all of the meatheads who I was always thrown into games with have moved on to COD 4 by now.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']I don't know why but after getting back into this game with CAGtac, it seems that every time we go to Canals there's always one guy who can get insta-headshots with the sniper and someone else with a T3 connection who can do back-flips and cartwheels while shotgunning you. Any other map is fine, it's just Canals and it's literally every time we go there - definitely ruining one of my favorite boards.[/quote]

Canals was an epic map when the game came out, but it is now lame.

[quote name='help1']Canals was an epic map when the game came out, but it is now lame.[/quote]I wouldn't call the map lame - it's still hot fire. I just found it odd that all these uber-connections/hacks call Canals their home.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So am I the only one who can't get used to playing this after a year hiatus?[/quote]I still make stupid mistakes (mostly when the enemy is down and whether to stomp/execute/knock him down twice more/etc.), but I can still place my shot reasonably well and get decent stats.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']I still make stupid mistakes (mostly when the enemy is down and whether to stomp/execute/knock him down twice more/etc.), but I can still place my shot reasonably well and get decent stats.[/quote]

You don't count, you're freakishly good at almost any game.

My return to GoW was horrible...I had about 10 games with zero kills. My first kill was accidental....I panicked cause I saw something come up and fired.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So am I the only one who can't get used to playing this after a year hiatus?[/quote]

Like ridin' a bike.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I never said I was good, but I was descent.

X vs Zew would be an interesting match :whistle2:k[/quote]That would be more like zew's face vs. the floor.

Hey....Xecutioner.

gearsofwar.gif

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So am I the only one who can't get used to playing this after a year hiatus?[/quote]

I took a 3 month hiatus and can't get used to it now. I'm just getting used to using cover effectively. I can't blind fire right though. I have to zoom in quickly and shoot. Stupid mistakes too.

At least you had a period of being good at all at it. I was never good from the get go and playing all these other games over the past few months hasn't helped.

Gears Of War re-releases at $39.99 (Ships 6/24)

Gears of War Content
  • Gamer Picture Pack
  • Emergence Day Gamer Picture
  • Emergence Day Theme
  • "FUTURE WEAPONS" Theme
  • Emergence Day Message from Cliffy B
  • Gears of War Map Pack 1 Trailer
  • Gears of War - Multiplayer Map Pack 1
  • 'Hidden Fronts' Multiplayer Map Pack 2
Gears of War 2 Content
  • Gamer Picture Pack
  • Teeth Theme
  • Teaser Trailer
  • Trailer
  • Assault Game Play Trailer
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=71542

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Gears Of War re-releases at $39.99 (Ships 6/24)

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=71542[/QUOTE]

Finally! I've been wanting this for a while, but refused to pay $60 when I've finished single player and know I won't be playing online nearly as much as COD4 or even Halo 3.

EDIT: Are the map packs free for download with the regular version? I couldn't care less about the theme, gamerpics, and Emergence Day stuff. If I can get the map packs for free on the marketplace, I'll just buy the regular version this upcoming week. CC is selling it for $39.99, and I can price match at Target and then use the $10 coupon to get it for $30.

Dumb question here, but for the guys who are really good:

Do you tap R when using the Lancer, or do you tend to hold down the trigger?

[quote name='seanr1221']Dumb question here, but for the guys who are really good:

Do you tap R when using the Lancer, or do you tend to hold down the trigger?[/quote]If they are at a reasonable distance = hold down.

If they run up right in your face/sidestep you = burst.

[quote name='PINKO']I like how Microsoft is not going to let this one drop to $30[/quote]

It is worth every penny, even at $60.

I would imagine that the best you could hope for, in terms of price drop, is that this game becomes a Platinum Hit around the time of Gears 2's release or soon after.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']I would imagine that the best you could hope for, in terms of price drop, is that this game becomes a Platinum Hit around the time of Gears 2's release or soon after.[/quote]

Yeah right...Halo 2 barely hit PH status this past Feb.

[quote name='help1']It is worth every penny, even at $60.[/quote]

It is but the only reason they are re-releasing it is so the game's price doesn't go down with Gears 2 in the horizon. There excuse for not dropping the price is now going to be that there is extra content in the package.

[quote name='eliter1']It is but the only reason they are re-releasing it is so the game's price doesn't go down with Gears 2 in the horizon. There excuse for not dropping the price is now going to be that there is extra content in the package.[/QUOTE]

According to the original post the rerelease is going to be $39.99. Not quite bargain but better than $60.

[quote name='eliter1']It is but the only reason they are re-releasing it is so the game's price doesn't go down with Gears 2 in the horizon. There excuse for not dropping the price is now going to be that there is extra content in the package.[/quote]

I can sympathize with those sentiments. I mean, all that crap is available for free if you have xbox live. Chances are that the non-updated versions will drop to 30 ish on ebay.

[quote name='Halo05']According to the original post the rerelease is going to be $39.99. Not quite bargain but better than $60.[/quote]

Yeah, but $40 for a game that is almost 2 years old is still a bit steep. The non-updated version costs less than $30 on Ebay. And all of the map packs are free. By doing this they are almost making people pay for the maps.

[quote name='help1']I can sympathize with those sentiments. I mean, all that crap is available for free if you have xbox live. Chances are that the non-updated versions will drop to 30 ish on ebay.[/quote]

Yeah, IMO they could have included the PC exclusive level in this pack and charge $40 for it then everyone would be all over this. They could've easily done something like Capcom did with Lost Planet Colonies, they have Lost Planet and added all the free maps already available and threw in some extra stuff. I think then people would be all over it.

[quote name='eliter1']

Yeah, IMO they could have included the PC exclusive level in this pack and charge $40 for it then everyone would be all over this. They could've easily done something like Capcom did with Lost Planet Colonies, they have Lost Planet and added all the free maps already available and threw in some extra stuff. I think then people would be all over it.[/quote]

I rather they concentrate solely on Gears 2, and not some frivolous expansion level that apparently isnt even that good.

bread's done
Back