Gears of War - General Discussion 2 - Re-release 6/24 w/Maps and Extras (No PC Stuff)

Here's hoping there will still be SOME people playing this online now that Halo 3 is out.

I've recently started playing Ranked Matches, which aren't too bad depending on the group you get.

[quote name='asianxcore']Here's hoping there will still be SOME people playing this online now that Halo 3 is out.

I've recently started playing Ranked Matches, which aren't too bad depending on the group you get.[/quote]

It takes forever to fill up a room, unless you try 19 rounders. For some reason, 10-11 rounders won't fill up at all, but people still do 19. I just had a Gridlock 19 rounder with 36 kills.

If anyone's up for co-op insane or hardcore, give me a hollar. I'd like to get my Dom accomplishments on a run-through. Note: I have to start from the beginning, new live account.

[quote name='asianxcore']Damn you glitchy achievements.

125 Execution kills and still no achievement.[/quote]

Not as bad as having over 10,000 kills and STILL never getting Seriously.

[quote name='chakan']Is $35 a good price for a new copy of the CE? I don't have my 360 yet, but I want to have games ready when I do[/quote]

It's worth it, IMO.

Also, it took me 170 Torque kills for the achievement.

Wow, now I feel kind of silly complaining about not getting a 100 kill weapon achievement :)

Hopefully I get the Execution achievement soon. Downing people constantly is getting really boring.

Action figures revealed:
gearsfigureall-6.jpg

Action figure manufacturer NECA has been teasing us with artistic Gears of War product shots lately (they just released a preview of the Locust figure yesterday), but they're teasing has gone on long enough. Long enough, because we've come across teaser free full body shots of the new figures ... take that NECA!

The folks over at BigBadToyStore posted complete product shots of the new GoW figures including Mr. Fenix, Cole and a Locust, all of which are seven inches tall and retail for around $17 US. We also thought we should mention that BigBadToyStore has a listing for an unannounced Gears "Series 1 Sniper Variant" figure (no picture of course) and our edjamacated guess would be that it's another Locust variant. But, in the meantime, you can salivate over the complete GoW action figure product shot that we've lovingly placed in the gallery below. Yum!

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/01/22/gears-of-war-action-figures-now-fully-revealed/

I gotta get all 3!

Speaking of video game nik nacks, my fiance made me take down my Mario Galaxy coin display. She said it was dorky and I thought that was pretty rude.

BTW, and to stay on topic, I still play Gears online and it is probably safe to say its my #1 All time favorite 360 game ever.

Those aren't too bad. I know Foley will be happy because he's been going on about how perfect Gears' characters are for action figures... and here they are.

Damn that is sick, thats almost as bad ass as the Metroid plated Wii console or the Big Daddy halloween costume. Wow. That is cool as hell.

Seeing how much time and effort others put into videogame related stuff really makes me feel...um...normal. Its great to see, I never have made anything like this but I felt pretty bad the other day when my fiance made me hide the Super Mario Galaxy CE coin.

I do think the figures look great and would love to see a frosted headed Baird. Looks like the Cole train should be bigger though IMO.

I played some Gears last week. It is still such a fun game. Amazing that the graphics are still leading the industry.

I love torque bow.

[quote name='thrustbucket']I actually agree. I love the lack of story.[/quote]

I respectfully disagree. Sure, it's no bioshock but I liked the story. The characters were unforgettable and when Gen Ram knifed kim in the back, I was like "Kiiiiiiiim!!!!" and really wanted to kill that fucker.

And the characters! Wow, the cole train was one of the coolest/funniest/badest-ass characters in any video game I've played ever.

Marcus: "Is that resonator still in one piece?"
Cole: "You know it! The cole train is a smooth ride baby!"

Marcus: "You guys doin allright?"
Cole: "The train is at home on the rails!"

Fanfuckintastic dialogue.

I may be in the minority here but I also loved the ending, an epic ending by Epic. And the cliffhanger endings really don't bother me, I like knowing another is coming becasue I always sort of feel slightly melancholic after I beat a great game.

All just my opinion of course.

[quote name='pittpizza']I respectfully disagree. Sure, it's no bioshock but I liked the story. The characters were unforgettable and when Gen Ram knifed kim in the back, I was like "Kiiiiiiiim!!!!" and really wanted to kill that fucker.

And the characters! Wow, the cole train was one of the coolest/funniest/badest-ass characters in any video game I've played ever.

Marcus: "Is that resonator still in one piece?"
Cole: "You know it! The cole train is a smooth ride baby!"

Marcus: "You guys doin allright?"
Cole: "The train is at home on the rails!"

Fanfuckintastic dialogue.

I may be in the minority here but I also loved the ending, an epic ending by Epic. And the cliffhanger endings really don't bother me, I like knowing another is coming becasue I always sort of feel slightly melancholic after I beat a great game.

All just my opinion of course.[/quote]

Honestly, I could have done without the kryll vehicle level, but other than that, the SP was an amazing co-op experience. Here is to hoping GOW 2 has 4 player co-op!

Also, rumor has it that GOW 2 news is going to come out at GDC today.

:pray:

[quote name='Chronotrigga']Kim gets stabbed in the back?[/QUOTE]

that'd be a spoiler i guess. but i wouldn't call it stabbed, it's more of a wild sword shank to the spine.

[quote name='tgk2044']that'd be a spoiler i guess. [/quote]

Oh shit you're right.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']Kim gets stabbed in the back?[/quote]

No. No he doesn't.

How cool would 4 player co-op be for GoW2?

[quote name='pittpizza']Oh shit you're right.

No. No he doesn't.

How cool would 4 player co-op be for GoW2?[/quote]

Not in the back at least. ;)

not much to be known but from the debut trailer looks like their may be more of an emphasis on melee attacks or some close quarter combat.

[quote name='mr ryles']not much to be known but from the debut trailer looks like their may be more of an emphasis on melee attacks or some close quarter combat.[/QUOTE]

which I'm more in favor of... I hate the long distance of shooters.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']which I'm more in favor of... I hate the long distance of shooters.[/quote]

I really liked teh sniper battles or a torque bow battles in gears.

Lots of people bitch to high hell when they get melee'd in gears. I don't really mind it but I'm just saying it is a commonly heard gripe in MP. "fuckin melee-er!"

I'm not saying there is anythign wrong with the game, people will bitch about something no matter what, I'm just pointing out that it is a common complaint.

I really like the balance in gears b/w long distance fighting adn close qtrs shotty/melee fighting.

[quote name='pittpizza']I really liked teh sniper battles or a torque bow battles in gears.

Lots of people bitch to high hell when they get melee'd in gears. I don't really mind it but I'm just saying it is a commonly heard gripe in MP. "fuckin melee-er!"

I'm not saying there is anythign wrong with the game, people will bitch about something no matter what, I'm just pointing out that it is a common complaint.

I really like the balance in gears b/w long distance fighting adn close qtrs shotty/melee fighting.[/quote]

Well to me it gets annoying when someone runs around holding the B button :lol:

I agree about the balance between long distance and close quarters though. Also Pyro can suck it :lol:

Is there any way to reset the COG tags I've collected? After about a year away from the game I fired it up last night to refresh my memory and I remembered that I only found 25/30 COG tags and never got the 30/30 achievement... I started over on casual but it's tough when you see the red spray paint to know if you found the COG tag in the area.

[quote name='javeryh']Is there any way to reset the COG tags I've collected? After about a year away from the game I fired it up last night to refresh my memory and I remembered that I only found 25/30 COG tags and never got the 30/30 achievement... I started over on casual but it's tough when you see the red spray paint to know if you found the COG tag in the area.[/QUOTE]

Delete your save and start from scratch.

bread's done
Back