General Discussion for ATL CAGs In Memoriam Matthew Cherry

Status
Not open for further replies.

organicow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Hey guys, I figured since we totally hijacked that DS Lite thread to talk about everything from cider to live local music....we might as well have a dedicated thread for it. Especially since I think we definitely have the most robust discussions in the Southeast CAG forum!

I'll kick it off by describing my recent EB experience:

I hit the Northlake EB (the one with the cool manager) today to grab some B2G1 goodness. I ended up getting Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (XB), RE2 (GC), and RE3 (GC), all complete and mint for 86.65. Considering that MvC2 goes for $50-60 on ebay, I thought this to be a pretty good purchase! As I was leaving, the manager guy told me that the North Dekalb store had some rare shit right now too, and that I should check it out. What a nice guy!

Anyway, I f'n hate that EB, but I figured it was worth a trip (its not that far from home). I ended up getting complete mint copies of REZ (PS2), LoZ Promo disc (GC, the one with Master Quest), and Cubivore (GC) for $72.20. Cool.

I also got 3 used DS games (preparing for the Lite on Sun) for B2G1. All three of the games (Trauma Center, Advance Wars, and MarioKart) were complete. But, somehow, as the dipshit was ringing me up, the Trauma manual somehow disappeared from the box! Since they insist upon slapping those damned clear stickers on the edges at sale time, I didn't notice the missing manual until I was on the way home. Jackasses!! Well, they had another complete used copy, so hopefully they can help me out tomorrow....but I'm not counting on it.

In the meantime, this dude with a baby was trading in 20 Xbox games (and getting ripped off, I might add), and the clueless employees there couldn't seem to get it all worked out. That poor bastard must've been there for about 45 minutes, and still hadn't gotten the right trade in credit. UGH.

My two trips today really showed me how utterly opposed two EBs within a few miles of one another could really be. And that is why I always go out to Northlake!

/rant

On to more beer talk!! :cool:

[quote name='pogipinoy27']I don't know if it's still there, but I found exactly one Ghost Squad on thursday night at the Target off of 141 and Holcomb Bridge. I'll check again tomorrow.[/quote]

I found one at the new Johnson Ferry store (near the big starsucks) but it wasn no longer clearance and was detagged- and "not in the system" they offered it to me at full price, so it was a no go there.

Still looking though, was the one in Holcomb Bridge rd. still clearance tagged? If not it's not in the inv. system and you play pot-luck with the price.

I really want that game on the cheap, I love the zapper.

Your welcome to do the BestBuy employee move and hide one then PM me, lol.

[quote name='organicow']I'm gonna go ahead and put this out there..... I actually work at the Weather Channel, and I'm looking at a radar projection right now that shows snow as pretty darn likely.[/QUOTE]

crazy small world. my fiance works at the weather channel as well :)

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Any sightings of Oblivion SEs at any TRUs?[/quote]
I am taking my daughter to the one on Cobb Pkwy near Cumberland and the Buckhead one. We are searching for the yellow "chocolate scented" My Little Pwny. I'll let you know what I see.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Any sightings of Oblivion SEs at any TRUs?[/quote]

Is this the same as the Game of the Year Edition? If so, I might be looking for it too.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I am taking my daughter to the one on Cobb Pkwy near Cumberland and the Buckhead one. We are searching for the yellow "chocolate scented" My Little Pwny. I'll let you know what I see.[/QUOTE]
You realize we have our very own MLP expert right here in the thread? Maybe she can help you out.

while I appreciate the nod to me El Gray I must point out two things 1)I'm not a girl and 2) I'm not an expert on My Little Pony.

I'd help if I could .. but I just can't.

So I took a little trip today to the South Lake Mall in Morrow. The Sears there has Persona 3 for $50 in the glass case and some other games. The FYE in the mall also has 30% off all of their games which makes them close to retail, but you can probably find a good deal in there somewhere.

[quote name='Tybee']Is this the same as the Game of the Year Edition? If so, I might be looking for it too.[/QUOTE]

Didn't see any at the Morrow TRU.

I was at the Holcomb Bridge Target this morning. They had 2 (more) copies of All Pro Football for the PS3 for 7.48. They also had a copy of Ghost Squad for the Wii. It was sitting in the 29.99 end-cap rack. I didn't feel like dealing with any "not-in-the-system" nonsense, so I didn't investigate, but if someone has the stomach for it, feel free!

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I found one at the new Johnson Ferry store (near the big starsucks) but it wasn no longer clearance and was detagged- and "not in the system" they offered it to me at full price, so it was a no go there.

Still looking though, was the one in Holcomb Bridge rd. still clearance tagged? If not it's not in the inv. system and you play pot-luck with the price.

I really want that game on the cheap, I love the zapper.

Your welcome to do the BestBuy employee move and hide one then PM me, lol.[/quote]

I just got back from the Edgewood Target, they had ONE copy on the clearance aisle and it was untagged and not in the system. The guy shrugged and gave it to me for 9.99. You want? PM me!

I was a little out of my normal stomping grounds today for unrelated reasons and checked out the Mableton Gamestop on Veterans Memorial Hwy (next to Publix) for the first time. They had one used 360 120GB HD for $129. Not sure if anybody needs one but it is $50 off the new price and if you're upgrading from a 20GB or got an Arcade console for X-mas, it might be perfect.

EDIT: After posting this I thought I'd try to download the XBLA freebie Undertow. I switched on my 360 to find the dreaded RROD! Anyone here have any experience with this? Any advice on dealing with Microsoft would be appreciated.

[quote name='chuckie88']
After posting this I thought I'd try to download the XBLA freebie Undertow. I switched on my 360 to find the dreaded RROD! Anyone here have any experience with this? Any advice on dealing with Microsoft would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

You can call them or use the online service request through Xbox.com. Either way, it's pretty painless. The acknowledge the issue very readily and they'll send you a box (I like to call it the coffin) with prepaid postage to send your Xbox in and they ship it back to you when it's fixed. May take about 10 - 14 days from when you request the box til you get it back. The worst part is that someone has to sign for it, so if you can have them deliver it to your work or make some stay at home, that works best. Don't worry about it though...I'm on my frickin 4th one (3 RROD) so I know it about as well as anyone. If 360 just didn't have so many awesome games and PS3 didn't have so few games I want, I'd abandon it. But I have to follow the games.

P.S. - You'll also get a 1 month Xbox Live Gold renewal card to make up for the time you missed.

Thanks Felder, I called 'em last night and as you said it was fairly painless. I didn't think of the "signing for it" aspect though, I may have to adjust my schedule. Thanks for the heads up. I agree with you on following the games in lieu of the PS3's selection. When you got your replacements, were they the same consoles you sent out, brand new, or old refurbs? As long as I get one with the same features back, I guess it's no big deal as to which. Now that you've set my mind at ease, I guess I'll polish off a few last-gen titles i've been saving for a rainy day.

I was at the Edgewood Target yesterday and they had a ton of Tony Hawk Proving Ground LE's (360) for 14.98. I'd say there were more than a dozen. Also Stuntman for PS3 for 14.98.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, I hadn't seen it.

[quote name='chuckie88']When you got your replacements, were they the same consoles you sent out, brand new, or old refurbs? As long as I get one with the same features back, I guess it's no big deal as to which. Now that you've set my mind at ease, I guess I'll polish off a few last-gen titles i've been saving for a rainy day.[/QUOTE]

when our 360 died we got atleast what i assume is a new one back. the manufacture date on the sticker with the serial number was only a couple weeks prior to our receiving it.

god speed to your box :)

My wife's grandfather passed away last week. He was a really sweet man and will be missed. The service was beautiful and people came out of the woodwork at the viewing and funeral to say how much he had meant to them over the years (guess that's what happens when you live 83 years and never travel more than 30 miles from your home).

Anyway, all of the family business meant several trips to Carrollton. Had opportunity to stop in Douglasville a couple times and scout around. Since I just got a 360, I've been on the lookout for 360 and original Xbox titles. Healthy clearance bins at the CC, which yielded Battle for Middle Earth II hand marked down to $16.57 (there were 4 or 5 more that I saw). One bin full of 360, Xbox, and PS2 (maybe a couple PS3), then another filled with PSP, DS, and GBA stuff, though I'd be hard pressed to tell you exactly what.

TRU - nothing
Kaybee - a few GBA titles
GS/EB in mall - lots of used games, all crap
FYE - ton of used games, including some good stuff (got a complete Knights of the Old Republic for $9.99)

[quote name='Tybee']Healthy clearance bins at the CC, which yielded Battle for Middle Earth II hand marked down to $16.57 (there were 4 or 5 more that I saw). [/quote]

I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather.

And there's really no way to segue from that, so...
I've been looking for a copy of BFME2 for 360 for cheaps. How well does it work with the controller?

[quote name='Mr. Wiggly']I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather.

And there's really no way to segue from that, so...
I've been looking for a copy of BFME2 for 360 for cheaps. How well does it work with the controller?[/quote]

Thanks for the well wishes.

I actually haven't had a chance to play it yet, but everything I've read says it works pretty decently -- supposedly one of the better RTS efforts on a console. I'm a Lord of the Rings fan first and a RTS fan a distant second, so I'll probably be more forgiving than most, since I don't play RTS's very much. There's a demonstration video on Live that gives a pretty good overview of how you select units and such.

I'll let you know how it is once I take it for a spin.

Best Buy off Sidney Marcus has some new 50% off games. I picked up GBA Gunstar Super Heroes and PS2 Enthusia for 5 each. Also saw PS3 Homecourt and DJ Icon for 15 and some 360 games like Far Cry for 20. Pelican DS Screen Protector/Stylus pack for 4.xx. Also, the BB in Snellville has a 50% rack including games from most systems. Nothing too amazing, but I got Splinter Cell CT and Resident Evil for DS. Most notable was that ALL GBA and Gamecube games were 50% until gone. No more sections for those in the game area as they were all on the sale cart. Got Geist for 7.50. Apparently, it had gotten picked over pretty well as they said the cart had been pretty full and it was maybe 1/5 full when I saw it. I saw this the day the CAG servers crashed so they are probably more picked over.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Best Buy off Sidney Marcus has some new 50% off games. I picked up GBA Gunstar Super Heroes and PS2 Enthusia for 5 each. Also saw PS3 Homecourt and DJ Icon for 15 and some 360 games like Far Cry for 20. Pelican DS Screen Protector/Stylus pack for 4.xx. Also, the BB in Snellville has a 50% rack including games from most systems. Nothing too amazing, but I got Splinter Cell CT and Resident Evil for DS. Most notable was that ALL GBA and Gamecube games were 50% until gone. No more sections for those in the game area as they were all on the sale cart. Got Geist for 7.50. Apparently, it had gotten picked over pretty well as they said the cart had been pretty full and it was maybe 1/5 full when I saw it. I saw this the day the CAG servers crashed so they are probably more picked over.[/quote]

Those games have all been on the clearance rack for weeks now at the Sidney Marcus Best Buy. Im actually shocked there are still some left.

[quote name='Enron']Those games have all been on the clearance rack for weeks now at the Sidney Marcus Best Buy. Im actually shocked there are still some left.[/quote]I know Enthusia was a new addition and I thought Gunstar Super Heroes was new to the 50% off endcap, too. Some of the stuff has been there for months like WWE 2007 and DOAX2 is still 50% since it's just marked with a red dot sticker and sitting in the regular racks.

If anyone sees a 60GB PS3 at a Blockbuster/Gamerush in the area please give me a heads up as I think I may try and snag one with the credit I've built up now that I've gone HD. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Best Buy off Sidney Marcus has some new 50% off games. I picked up GBA Gunstar Super Heroes and PS2 Enthusia for 5 each.[/quote]congrats on Gunstar Super Heroes. that's one great game right there.

[quote name='Wolfkin']congrats on Gunstar Super Heroes. that's one great game right there.[/quote]Thanks, I never got to play the first one, but I've heard they're both awesome. Just for the record, it and Enthusia were frontlane games (with the big white and black price sticker) and there were some others so some of those frontlanes that are cheap, but not quite cheap enough may be worth keeping an eye on. Some of the games 50% in Snellville were FLs, too.

I never played or even heard of the first one but for $10 I figured how bad could it be. Turns out there are some games I wouldn't pay $3 for (Dynasty Warriors :gba:) You don't see game like Gunstar anymore. It's a pure fun game. LOADs of variety. Aside from the normal LTR shooting there's an asteroids like stage, a top down verticle shooter stage, a stage like a board game. My only disappointment with the game is that I was scanning a FAQ and spoiled the shape-shifter boss. He would have been much harder if I didn't have his secret. Speaking of bosses they're fun.

In terms of GS I frequent, I always visit the one on Barrett next to B&N, despite living off of Cumberland Blvd. I know the manager there and everyone else is really nice. They usually have what I need. The CD Warehouse a couple store down from that GS is also cool. I have found some really good game and Blur-Ray deals there.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Also gotta hit Ikea again to buy our entertainment center.[/quote]

We picked up our entertainment center from Ikea and love it. It is the black one with the area for a tv and square areas all around it.

[quote name='jmm4648']In terms of GS I frequent, I always visit the one on Barrett next to B&N, despite living off of Cumberland Blvd. I know the manager there and everyone else is really nice. They usually have what I need. The CD Warehouse a couple store down from that GS is also cool. I have found some really good game and Blur-Ray deals there.

We picked up our entertainment center from Ikea and love it. It is the black one with the area for a tv and square areas all around it.[/quote]

Chris, right? He's very helpful. I was looking for GC component cables at one time and he checked inventory at 2 other stores for me, called to make sure they had them or not, then offered to have them shipped to his store so I didn't have to drive all the way across town. Unfortunately, someone at the other store had listed composite cables as components but Chris still went above and beyond for me.

[quote name='jmm4648']In terms of GS I frequent, I always visit the one on Barrett next to B&N, despite living off of Cumberland Blvd. I know the manager there and everyone else is really nice. They usually have what I need. The CD Warehouse a couple store down from that GS is also cool. I have found some really good game and Blur-Ray deals there.

We picked up our entertainment center from Ikea and love it. It is the black one with the area for a tv and square areas all around it.[/quote]

Holy crap, there's a CD Wharehouse that's still open? There used to be one right next to my office on cobb parkway, i used to find all kinds of stuff in there, including TWO Growlanser Generations LEs, sealed, for 19.99 each! I ebayed 'em for nearly 80 bucks apiece:)

[quote name='Wolfkin']I never played or even heard of the first one but for $10 I figured how bad could it be. Turns out there are some games I wouldn't pay $3 for (Dynasty Warriors :gba:) You don't see game like Gunstar anymore. It's a pure fun game. LOADs of variety. Aside from the normal LTR shooting there's an asteroids like stage, a top down verticle shooter stage, a stage like a board game. My only disappointment with the game is that I was scanning a FAQ and spoiled the shape-shifter boss. He would have been much harder if I didn't have his secret. Speaking of bosses they're fun.[/quote]The first one was on the SNES I think. Knowing a boss is a shapeshifter isn't spoiling it for me is it?;)

[quote name='neocisco']Chris, right? He's very helpful. I was looking for GC component cables at one time. . . [/QUOTE]Did you find GC components? I'm looking for components for my GC and Xbox now that I've gone HD so any suggestions on a good place to find them and good brands, etc is welcome from all. BTW, your thread from the xbox forum is gone. Did you figure out the problem you were having with your video? If not, I can try emulating it on my setup and see if the same problem occurs.

Has anybody been able to find any of the Best Buy deals listed in this thread at any of the Best Buy stores in the Metro Atlanta area??
Bullet Witch I've seen that cheap somewhere, but I also have an extra new sealed copy from CC for 16.96 I got for a friend who ended up finding it by him so you could have it for cost.
DOAX2 is marked 39.99 @ Best Buy off Sidney Marcus and has a red sticker on it which means it's 50% off. It's been sitting in the racks like this for months. The BB in Snellville on 124 also has this for half off from the 39.99 marked price, but they are on a seperate display with a big 50% off sign so they may go quicker.
You can get FF:SS for that price at Target and the one in Snellville has some. Top Spin 2 is usually 19.99 @ BB and the Sidney Marcus BB has some I think. All Pro is usually 19.99 @ BB and it's in stock everywhere. I saw the Bigs for 360 for 19.99 on special at the BB in Tucker where we got Sega Rally. The PS3 version may be the same.

[quote name='jdawgg76']

Bullet Witch I've seen that cheap somewhere, but I also have an extra new sealed copy from CC for 16.96 I got for a friend who ended up finding it by him so you could have it for cost.
DOAX2 is marked 39.99 @ Best Buy off Sidney Marcus and has a red sticker on it which means it's 50% off. It's been sitting in the racks like this for months. The BB in Snellville on 124 also has this for half off from the 39.99 marked price, but they are on a seperate display with a big 50% off sign so they may go quicker.
You can get FF:SS for that price at Target and the one in Snellville has some. Top Spin 2 is usually 19.99 @ BB and the Sidney Marcus BB has some I think. All Pro is usually 19.99 @ BB and it's in stock everywhere. I saw the Bigs for 360 for 19.99 on special at the BB in Tucker where we got Sega Rally. The PS3 version may be the same.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, jdawgg. From what I've heard on Bullet Witch, it's not even worth $5! ;)

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I was mainly referring to the deals the poster mentions in post #40. However, I think it's one of those ridiculously HUGE YMMV's.

Thanks again....

[quote name='jdawgg76']Did you find GC components? I'm looking for components for my GC and Xbox now that I've gone HD so any suggestions on a good place to find them and good brands, etc is welcome from all. BTW, your thread from the xbox forum is gone. Did you figure out the problem you were having with your video? If not, I can try emulating it on my setup and see if the same problem occurs.[/quote]

No, I never did. I decided to just hold off playing any progressive scan GC games until I get a Wii later this year. ebay is probably the only decent chance to get any at this point. You'll probably pay a minimum of $40. That's why I'm waiting.:)

My Xbox is playing in 720p now. I tried X-Men Legends II and it worked fine. I was trying Mortal Kombat: Armageddon when I was having the problem. It seems weird that one game would play while another wouldn't. HD gaming w/o buying a new-gen system is so nice.

[quote name='jdawgg76']The first one was on the SNES I think. Knowing a boss is a shapeshifter isn't spoiling it for me is it? [/quote]I would never do such a thing. No there's a problem with his pattern and it leaves a way to beat him perfectly every time. I read it in a FAQ I was scanning and I couldn't help using it. A similar thing happened to Exile III back in the day. Knowing which one of the races was going to betray me kinda took the surprise out of it at the end. If I recall correctly I thought i read the original was Sega.

My ATL folks over at Circuit City I have seen :gc:1080. I really want this game, but its' still ringing up at $39.99. I could have sworn it should be dropped to $19.99. It's in the clearance bin. It's really annoying.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Did you find GC components? I'm looking for components for my GC and Xbox now that I've gone HD so any suggestions on a good place to find them and good brands, etc is welcome from all. BTW, your thread from the xbox forum is gone. Did you figure out the problem you were having with your video? If not, I can try emulating it on my setup and see if the same problem occurs.[/quote]

The GCN component cables (have you confirmed your GCN can use them? Some can't) are notoriously hard to find, though that may have changed since the release of the Wii. If you have any inclination to get a Wii, you'd be better off getting that and the component cables for that system and playing your GCN games there than throwing down $40+ for a GCN set.

[quote name='Tybee']The GCN component cables (have you confirmed your GCN can use them? Some can't) are notoriously hard to find, though that may have changed since the release of the Wii. If you have any inclination to get a Wii, you'd be better off getting that and the component cables for that system and playing your GCN games there than throwing down $40+ for a GCN set.[/quote]

It's like you read my post.;) I bought the Wii component cables from monoprice a while back when they were on sale. About $8, I think. They're still much cheaper than any others, even at regular price. Now I just have to get a Wii.

[quote name='rupan_sansei']Looks like a few stores have broken the street date on Professor Layton for the DS. Has anyone seen this one on the shelf?[/quote]um.. Where? Been wanting this since I first heard about it. And now that I've given up shooters and other violent games for Lent, and I'm wanting the Professor in the worst way possible. I actually called up the manager at my local EB to whine at him about it not being out yet. Because it's clearly his fault.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Has anybody been able to find any of the Best Buy deals listed in this thread at any of the Best Buy stores in the Metro Atlanta area??

http://67.225.136.29/forums/showthread.php?t=170646[/quote]Naw. Just walked over to the BB in Douglasville (I'm at the ABC right now, free wifi ftw) and none of those games were marked down. Stranglehold for the 360 (think it was the 360) marked at 54.99, but that's hardly anything to get excited about.

I'm going to move that thread in a second, as it's just a local sale to the OPs locale.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Thanks, jdawgg. From what I've heard on Bullet Witch, it's not even worth $5! ;)
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I was mainly referring to the deals the poster mentions in post #40. However, I think it's one of those ridiculously HUGE YMMV's.
Thanks again....[/quote]Sorry, I just saw the OP, but I just looked at post #40 and my first thought was that store is closing, but then I saw another post higher on that page about the other BB in Appleton, WI and I am now wholly convinced that the entire city of Appleton is closing and everything must go. Those are insane prices as several titles are a couple months old and a few are less than a month. VF5 for 360 for 30? Deal.

Also, I got BW for 8.96 and not 16.96 if that's makes a difference on whether you want it or I return it. Sorry about that.
[quote name='Neocisco']No, I never did. I decided to just hold off playing any progressive scan GC games until I get a Wii later this year. ebay is probably the only decent chance to get any at this point. You'll probably pay a minimum of $40. That's why I'm waiting.:)
My Xbox is playing in 720p now. I tried X-Men Legends II and it worked fine. I was trying Mortal Kombat: Armageddon when I was having the problem. It seems weird that one game would play while another wouldn't. HD gaming w/o buying a new-gen system is so nice.[/QUOTE]If I don't use GR credit on a 60 GB PS3, I'll probably get a Wii, but I doubt I get both and $40 is a lot to me right now. When I get component cables I'll try out MK:A. Where'd you get yours? I tried Red Dead Revolver on my 360, but there is severe flickering that only occurs in HD on a 360. I hate MS's BC. Gotta get those cables and hope my ailing xbox doesn't die completely. BTW, try Soul Calibur 2 if you have it. Not widescreen, but it is 720p and WOW!
[quote name='Wolfkin']I would never do such a thing.[/QUOTE]Haha! I figured as much!
[quote name='Tybee']The GCN component cables (have you confirmed your GCN can use them? Some can't) are notoriously hard to find, though that may have changed since the release of the Wii.[/QUOTE]Oops, I didn't realize that not all GCs could run components. I got mine pretty late when most of the KMarts around here closed so it might do it. How do I tell the difference?

[quote name='jdawgg76']If I don't use GR credit on a 60 GB PS3, I'll probably get a Wii, but I doubt I get both and $40 is a lot to me right now. When I get component cables I'll try out MK:A. Where'd you get yours? I tried Red Dead Revolver on my 360, but there is severe flickering that only occurs in HD on a 360. I hate MS's BC. Gotta get those cables and hope my ailing xbox doesn't die completely. BTW, try Soul Calibur 2 if you have it. Not widescreen, but it is 720p and WOW![/quote]

They were going to get trashed at work so I snapped them up. You might be able to find a stray set in a GS somewhere. I checked ebay and there seem to be some good prices on some of the auctions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Xbox-HD-TV-Comp...ryZ41015QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/XBOX-LCD-TV-HD-...ryZ20385QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-COMPONENT-C...ryZ41015QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Oops, I didn't realize that not all GCs could run components. I got mine pretty late when most of the KMarts around here closed so it might do it. How do I tell the difference?

If it has a digital A/V output on the back it will take component cables. If you plan on getting a Wii this year I would just wait instead of spending the $ (which is exactly what I'm doing).

[quote name='jdawgg76']Oops, I didn't realize that not all GCs could run components. I got mine pretty late when most of the KMarts around here closed so it might do it. How do I tell the difference?[/quote]

If you have a later GCN, chances are it doesn't have the ability to do component out. Nintendo dropped support for this feature halfway through the system's lifespan, largely due to poor support from developers and an assumption that most consumers didn't care. Actually, quite a lot of games support 480p. A few (mostly 3rd party) support 16:9. And a very rare few (single digits) support both. There's a more or less complete list here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=649817

But I agree with neocisco...Wait for a Wii to play your GCN games in 480p and/or 16:9.

[quote name='guinaevere']um.. Where? Been wanting this since I first heard about it.[/quote]supposidly Wal-Mart if I recall. I haven't checked though.

[quote name='guinaevere']um.. Where? Been wanting this since I first heard about it. And now that I've given up shooters and other violent games for Lent, and I'm wanting the Professor in the worst way possible. I actually called up the manager at my local EB to whine at him about it not being out yet. Because it's clearly his fault.[/QUOTE]

People have been reporting both WalMart and Best Buy selling it early. Haven't seen it there yet, but I found two copies yesterday evening at the Kennesaw Circuit City.

[quote name='guinaevere']um.. Where? Been wanting this since I first heard about it. And now that I've given up shooters and other violent games for Lent, and I'm wanting the Professor in the worst way possible. I actually called up the manager at my local EB to whine at him about it not being out yet. Because it's clearly his fault.[/quote]

Since all DS games are on sale Professor can be had at CC for $24 through Saturday. There is at least 1 at my store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back