General Discussion for ATL CAGs In Memoriam Matthew Cherry

Status
Not open for further replies.

organicow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Hey guys, I figured since we totally hijacked that DS Lite thread to talk about everything from cider to live local music....we might as well have a dedicated thread for it. Especially since I think we definitely have the most robust discussions in the Southeast CAG forum!

I'll kick it off by describing my recent EB experience:

I hit the Northlake EB (the one with the cool manager) today to grab some B2G1 goodness. I ended up getting Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (XB), RE2 (GC), and RE3 (GC), all complete and mint for 86.65. Considering that MvC2 goes for $50-60 on ebay, I thought this to be a pretty good purchase! As I was leaving, the manager guy told me that the North Dekalb store had some rare shit right now too, and that I should check it out. What a nice guy!

Anyway, I f'n hate that EB, but I figured it was worth a trip (its not that far from home). I ended up getting complete mint copies of REZ (PS2), LoZ Promo disc (GC, the one with Master Quest), and Cubivore (GC) for $72.20. Cool.

I also got 3 used DS games (preparing for the Lite on Sun) for B2G1. All three of the games (Trauma Center, Advance Wars, and MarioKart) were complete. But, somehow, as the dipshit was ringing me up, the Trauma manual somehow disappeared from the box! Since they insist upon slapping those damned clear stickers on the edges at sale time, I didn't notice the missing manual until I was on the way home. Jackasses!! Well, they had another complete used copy, so hopefully they can help me out tomorrow....but I'm not counting on it.

In the meantime, this dude with a baby was trading in 20 Xbox games (and getting ripped off, I might add), and the clueless employees there couldn't seem to get it all worked out. That poor bastard must've been there for about 45 minutes, and still hadn't gotten the right trade in credit. UGH.

My two trips today really showed me how utterly opposed two EBs within a few miles of one another could really be. And that is why I always go out to Northlake!

/rant

On to more beer talk!! :cool:

[quote name='Jam424']Anyone seen any Wii's for sale in the Atlanta area? I've been looking and everyone is still sold out. Let me know if you find one.[/quote]
I saw several Targets packed to the gills with Wiis last week, even later in the week.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']I found it last week at Best Buy Stone Mountain for $9.99. They had a good dozen left. From what I hear, other Best Buys in the area are doing the same thing with some 360 games; clearancing them out, that is.[/quote]
BB in Buckhead has it half off for 9.99 as well.

[quote name='jdawgg76']BB in Buckhead has it half off for 9.99 as well.[/QUOTE]

Sweet! You wouldn't happen to remember how many copies they had would you? I might have to make a MARTA trip tomorrow after class for that...

[quote name='AlohaMars2']Sweet! You wouldn't happen to remember how many copies they had would you? I might have to make a MARTA trip tomorrow after class for that...[/quote]
I haven't been there since Thursday last week, but they had probably four or five. I'd feel bad if you made a wasted trip. I can go by tomorrow on my way to work and make sure they have it and the sale is still going on (I go right by it and want CoD4 so it's no bother). By the way, I saw TT at a Target on 30% off clearance for 13.98 so it could be 4.98 in a few weeks if it hangs around.

just got back from the smyrna target. they've got the new 30% off section up in the back endcap of the computer games. things of note:

Harvest Moon DS $20 (one copy)
Chocobo Tales DS $20 (one copy)

Animal Crossing (GC) $14
Mario Sunshine $14

Castlevania Curse of Darkness (PS2) $14
Soul Calibur 3 (PS2) $14

oh, and, big sale: Pimp My Ride (360) $28. catch that one while you can :p

and I can save you the trip, no Wiis

[quote name='jdawgg76']I haven't been there since Thursday last week, but they had probably four or five. I'd feel bad if you made a wasted trip. I can go by tomorrow on my way to work and make sure they have it and the sale is still going on (I go right by it and want CoD4 so it's no bother). By the way, I saw TT at a Target on 30% off clearance for 13.98 so it could be 4.98 in a few weeks if it hangs around.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! It luckily wouldn't be too bad of a trip. I live near Piedmont Hospital.

Stopped by the Wal-Mart on Howell Mill Road and saw a few deals.

$19.99 EyeToy Play 2 w/ Camera
$20.00 EyeToy Kinetic w/Camerary
$19.99 Karaoke Revolution Country w/ Mic

Just a note. My brother and I have a birthday this Friday and we intend on doing as much damage to the city as possible on that day.

You all have been warned. Stay indoors.

[quote name='guinaevere']Just a note. My brother and I have a birthday this Friday and we intend on doing as much damage to the city as possible on that day.

You all have been warned. Stay indoors.[/QUOTE]

You have the same birthday as your brother? Funny, my sister and I have the same birthday too. All I ask for is ONE day where people can put me on a pedestal and I have to share it with my sister. AAARGH!

[quote name='guinaevere']Just a note. My brother and I have a birthday this Friday and we intend on doing as much damage to the city as possible on that day.

You all have been warned. Stay indoors.[/quote]

Wow, this town is going to be hurting then. Me and my friends are going out this Friday too for birthdays. Look out Atlanta!

[quote name='AlohaMars2']Thanks! It luckily wouldn't be too bad of a trip. I live near Piedmont Hospital.[/quote]
Sorry, dude, had a family emergency and didn't go to work yesterday. It's all good now and I'll check it out today.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']You have the same birthday as your brother? Funny, my sister and I have the same birthday too. All I ask for is ONE day where people can put me on a pedestal and I have to share it with my sister. AAARGH![/quote]Hey that's awesome Ubii!

For the longest time I was kinda miffed that I had to share a birthday cake, and growing up, we were pretty poor so it hurt to get even fewer presents. Nowadays that sorta thing isn't important. He's my best friend, so it's a gift in and of itself that we get to have our birthdays together.

[quote name='Jam424']Wow, this town is going to be hurting then. Me and my friends are going out this Friday too for birthdays. Look out Atlanta![/quote]Aww yeah.

[quote name='AlohaMars2']Thanks! It luckily wouldn't be too bad of a trip. I live near Piedmont Hospital.[/quote]
Sorry, man. All gone. I didn't see it and when I asked the guy said they sold out of it this weekend. The sale is still going on with no new games added.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Sorry, man. All gone. I didn't see it and when I asked the guy said they sold out of it this weekend. The sale is still going on with no new games added.[/QUOTE]

Makes me a sad panda

Just want to let you all know the K-Mart in Marietta on 1140 Roswell Rd SE (right off of 41 near a Checkers and other fast food places) has the pharmacy books with the 20% off coupons. They're in a little pamphlet display right when you walk in the first set of doors.

In happy panda news, I was at the Piedmont Target in Buckhead, and got to see that entire wall of beautiful red stickers. It was like being a kid in a low priced candy store. Sadly most of the 360 games are still at $13/20. I did pick up N3 for 20. Wasn't going to hold off much longer on it because I was scared Target might trash it.

[quote name='Gamerguy']Stopped by the Wal-Mart on Howell Mill Road and saw a few deals.

$19.99 EyeToy Play 2 w/ Camera
$20.00 EyeToy Kinetic w/Camerary
$19.99 Karaoke Revolution Country w/ Mic[/quote]

I live right down the street from that one and it never seems to have anything decent clearanced out.

[quote name='Tybee']Anyone check TRU today to see if they're selling Super Mario Galaxy yet? I'm going to try tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

They definitely weren't on Sunday. Heck, they were still taking pre-orders in Kennesaw. I'm hoping it shows up today.

[quote name='rupan_sansei']They definitely weren't on Sunday. Heck, they were still taking pre-orders in Kennesaw. I'm hoping it shows up today.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm going to go check at lunch.

[quote name='joemoedee']FYI...

Target in Conyers had about 12 Wii's in stock 11/12 @ about 2pm.[/quote]

According to them they sold all 12 in stock Wii's by 1:30 PM on 11/11. :cry:

[quote name='Jam424']According to them they sold all 12 in stock Wii's by 1:30 PM on 11/11. :cry:[/quote]

Reading a calender is hard. :whistle2:# It was the 11th.

I was there at 2:00 pm, and they had the whole area filled with them. They're probably trained to say they have none....

If they have them now, well, I don't know.

Yeah, I checked Buckhead TRU on the way home last night, and was denied.

Has anyone located the coupon for an extra $10 GC with purchase of $75 in goods? I might try for that if they have Contra4, too.

Anyone had any luck w/ Mario Galaxy yet at TRU today? Was planning to hit it on my lunch break.

**edit - beat me to it! Any luck with the Buckhead location?

Got my TRU copy of Mario at about 10am at the Kennesaw store. Now I can just look at the box until work is over. :)

Edit: Got the $25 gift card too. Had signs all over the Galaxy display advertising it.

are they doing the $25 GC yet? or was that yet to come?

has anyone seen the clearance items updated?

I'm itching to get my hands on :gba:FFV. The Shrek/Shark Tale video looks tempting but just a tad more than I'd want to spend for it.

I'll drop by Buckhead TRU on the way home tonight and see what's up so if you guys are getting pick of the litter leave me one.

i just called cumberland tru and the lady said she didn't "have any more copies"...don't know if that includes preorders or not :/ good luck.

Cumberland still had preorders, but that was all they were selling. Two guys fell in behind me and seemed excited to be getting the game, but were turned away when the cashier found out they had no preorders. One told me Buckhead was sold out too. Were you guys CAGs?

Got the gift card, but didn't get a coin. :bomb: The department manager said they only got 10. To her credit she was very apologetic and encouraged me to come back with my receipt later on and if they had any she'd give me one, but seems unlikely that they would get more. Also tried to use the Babies R Us coupon, but the video game department manager, her trainee, and the two older women who were acting as runners getting the games out of the back (may have been managers) all had a conference and decided they wouldn't accept it.
Just made dinner for my wife which got me "You can play as long as you want tonight." :)

Got my game at Northpoint just after 6 last night. There were about 4 others waiting on SMG, two of whom were from my workplace. :) The frazzled guy who had just gotten on duty in the Zone gladly scanned the 15% coupon, and it worked. Got my gift card. Asked about the coins, and he didn't know where they were (or if they had Contra 4 in, for that matter). I hung around for a few, as there were 2 others wanting coins, too. Never found them.

I took off... had to make it to the sneak of No Country For Old Men. :D

Anyway, as I was leaving Phipps after the movie, I thought I'd check Buckhead. Slipped over there just before they closed at 10, and took my receipt in. The guy working in the Zone gladly gave me a coin with proof of purchase! Did not ask if they were out of the game at that point, but it sounds like they were.

Success!

And the game rules!

[quote name='El Gray']Got my game at Northpoint just after 6 last night. There were about 4 others waiting on SMG, two of whom were from my workplace. :) The frazzled guy who had just gotten on duty in the Zone gladly scanned the 15% coupon, and it worked. Got my gift card. Asked about the coins, and he didn't know where they were (or if they had Contra 4 in, for that matter). I hung around for a few, as there were 2 others wanting coins, too. Never found them.

I took off... had to make it to the sneak of No Country For Old Men. :D

Anyway, as I was leaving Phipps after the movie, I thought I'd check Buckhead. Slipped over there just before they closed at 10, and took my receipt in. The guy working in the Zone gladly gave me a coin with proof of purchase! Did not ask if they were out of the game at that point, but it sounds like they were.

Success!

And the game rules![/quote]

Hmmm...Maybe I'll try taking my receipt around to other TRUs and seeing if I can score a coin myself. Just seemed like they'd be reluctant given that anyone could say, "Oh, I didn't get a coin." when they actually did. There's no way to tell.

How was No Country... ? I'm dying to see it. We're actually going to a sneak of Juno tonight.

And yes, the game is AMAZING. Did three of the Good Egg galaxies and the first Bee galaxy before hitting the sack. Even the wife thought it was beautiful and fun to watch. She liked the coop aspect, though I don't expect she'll hop in very often.

No Country is very good. I'm having trouble saying more than that, but you should see it. I can definitely say that Bardem plays one of the best villains in recent years. EVIL.

I'm jealous of your JUNO sneak, too! So much great talent involved in that one.

I guess I'm the only loser who didn't get to the Bee parts last night, but I conked out kinda early. I'll do it tonight while I bake a cake.

YEAH, THAT'S RIGHT. I'M GONNA BAKE A CAKE.

[quote name='Tybee']Cumberland still had preorders, but that was all they were selling. Two guys fell in behind me and seemed excited to be getting the game, but were turned away when the cashier found out they had no preorders. One told me Buckhead was sold out too. Were you guys CAGs?[/quote]I tried buckhead last night and they were indeed out. I did however pick up :gba: FFV for $20 so yipiee to that. They got like 4 more if I had money I'd buy some for trade.

Just made dinner for my wife which got me "You can play as long as you want tonight." :)
I feel like turning that into a dirty joke but it's been a long day.
[quote name='El Gray']I'll do it tonight while I bake a cake.

YEAH, THAT'S RIGHT. I'M GONNA BAKE A CAKE.[/quote]That's freaking weird man. I've been baking cakes all month long. It is the mating season of my people where we all bakes cakes and such. I made pineapple upside down on Saturday and tonight I think I'm going for a lemon cake. It's practically compulsory.[quote name='Tybee'] Don't forget to use the extra 15% off coupon: http://www6.toysrus.com/our/bru/prom/2007NovemberISE/919738.cfm[/quote]is there another link that one is .. not responsive.

CAGs = Cooking Ass Guys

El Gray, we should really hang out one of these days. Between the cooking/baking and the taste in films, sounds like we have a lot in common, to say nothing of games!

Wolfkin: Thank you for your restraint. I can only attribute my inability to catch the double entendre to the fact that I was virtually putting SMG in my Wii as I typed that.

Hang on, they had a JPEG of that coupon in the deal thread...

EDIT: Here 'tis: http://www.kalyansuman.com/uploaded_images/babiesruscoupon-769757.JPG

As I said, they didn't take it in my case, but YMMV. If you can just get them to scan it without looking too close, it should work.

Hey,
Any ATL CAGs got a data transfer cable that comes with the 120 GB 360 hard drives? Long story short, I might be getting an Elite, and want to transfer my data to the hard drive it comes wit. Just checkin to see if anyone had one lyin' around, that I could use once and immediately return.

K THX BAI!

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']I'm a little perturbed that the Fry's price for Assassin's Creed doesn't cover us here in GA. That's $20 that I'm missing out on...[/quote]
What ? It was sale priced on the Wed ad that was on the back of the sports section.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']What ? It was sale priced on the Wed ad that was on the back of the sports section.[/QUOTE]

It was?? I looked at that ad and didn't see it. Are you 100% positive???

[quote name='Tybee']Hope it tasted better than in looked. ;)

Juno was great, btw. Should see it when it opens in a week or two.[/QUOTE]

It was not beautiful, but it was caramelicious, and gone in about 45 minutes!

I will definitely be seeing Juno ASAP. Been waiting a while for that one. Glad to hear you liked it.

[quote name='Wolfkin']thanks. I think if I do some creative tearing and remove all but the 'sRus' noone will read the fine print.[/quote]
I hope I can get it to work for Rock Band - $25 off on top of the $25 SMG GC means RB SE for $120. Anyone had any luck with it at the Tucker (Lavista Rd) TRU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back