General Discussion for ATL CAGs In Memoriam Matthew Cherry

Status
Not open for further replies.

organicow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Hey guys, I figured since we totally hijacked that DS Lite thread to talk about everything from cider to live local music....we might as well have a dedicated thread for it. Especially since I think we definitely have the most robust discussions in the Southeast CAG forum!

I'll kick it off by describing my recent EB experience:

I hit the Northlake EB (the one with the cool manager) today to grab some B2G1 goodness. I ended up getting Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (XB), RE2 (GC), and RE3 (GC), all complete and mint for 86.65. Considering that MvC2 goes for $50-60 on ebay, I thought this to be a pretty good purchase! As I was leaving, the manager guy told me that the North Dekalb store had some rare shit right now too, and that I should check it out. What a nice guy!

Anyway, I f'n hate that EB, but I figured it was worth a trip (its not that far from home). I ended up getting complete mint copies of REZ (PS2), LoZ Promo disc (GC, the one with Master Quest), and Cubivore (GC) for $72.20. Cool.

I also got 3 used DS games (preparing for the Lite on Sun) for B2G1. All three of the games (Trauma Center, Advance Wars, and MarioKart) were complete. But, somehow, as the dipshit was ringing me up, the Trauma manual somehow disappeared from the box! Since they insist upon slapping those damned clear stickers on the edges at sale time, I didn't notice the missing manual until I was on the way home. Jackasses!! Well, they had another complete used copy, so hopefully they can help me out tomorrow....but I'm not counting on it.

In the meantime, this dude with a baby was trading in 20 Xbox games (and getting ripped off, I might add), and the clueless employees there couldn't seem to get it all worked out. That poor bastard must've been there for about 45 minutes, and still hadn't gotten the right trade in credit. UGH.

My two trips today really showed me how utterly opposed two EBs within a few miles of one another could really be. And that is why I always go out to Northlake!

/rant

On to more beer talk!! :cool:

does anyone want The Darkness (360) for $9.99 + tax or equivalent trade, before I return it to Target? (would post in Target trade forum, but i dont plan on shipping it)

Also, I saw a guy in the Marietta Micro Center yesterday passing out the $10 coupons to random people... is that anyone of you perhaps?

[quote name='ZharTheMad']does anyone want The Darkness (360) for $9.99 + tax or equivalent trade, before I return it to Target? (would post in Target trade forum, but i dont plan on shipping it)

Also, I saw a guy in the Marietta Micro Center yesterday passing out the $10 coupons to random people... is that anyone of you perhaps?[/quote]

Yeah, I'll do the 9.99 plus tax with you.

Yo, anybody have any coupons for any big box stores? I need to get a new iPod. I used to see shit like "15 off 100", and I know Circuit had one going around for something off a 200 dollar purchase. If anybody has anything, please let me know.

Run, do not walk to the Cobb Pkwy TRU if you are looking for clearance titles. I got the last of their copies of Jam Sessions. Didn't do an exhaustive inventory, but here are some of the other things I noticed:

- At least 2 copies of Blue Dragon
- At least 2 copies of Earth Defense Force
- At least 1 copy of Final Fantasy V for GBA (this week they're running a B1G1 50% off on GBA titles, and if I had seen anything else I wanted, I would have gotten this, but other pickings were slim).

If anyone sees FF Fables: Chocobo Tales, LMK.

[quote name='Tybee']Run, do not walk to the Cobb Pkwy TRU if you are looking for clearance titles.[/quote]

I think I saw you leaving there this evening as I was entering, perhaps...

[quote name='Tybee']Run, do not walk to the Cobb Pkwy TRU if you are looking for clearance titles. I got the last of their copies of Jam Sessions. Didn't do an exhaustive inventory, but here are some of the other things I noticed:

- At least 2 copies of Blue Dragon
- At least 2 copies of Earth Defense Force
- At least 1 copy of Final Fantasy V for GBA (this week they're running a B1G1 50% off on GBA titles, and if I had seen anything else I wanted, I would have gotten this, but other pickings were slim).

If anyone sees FF Fables: Chocobo Tales, LMK.[/quote]
Sh*t aren't they closed now?

[quote name='ZharTheMad']I think I saw you leaving there this evening as I was entering, perhaps...[/quote]

The section or the store? I was in there around 6:30.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Sh*t aren't they closed now?[/quote]

Yup. But there's always tomorrow. ;)

[quote name='Tybee']The section or the store? I was in there around 6:30.[/quote]

Nope, wasn't you. I went around 7:45pm.

[quote name='CottonGamer']Hey Tybee or Zhar, did you see any Oblivion (PS3) at the Cobb TRU?[/quote]

Not that I remember, but I was mainly looking for 360 games. Sorry I couldn't give a definite answer.

[quote name='CottonGamer']Hey Tybee or Zhar, did you see any Oblivion (PS3) at the Cobb TRU?[/quote]

Sorry. Don't have a PS3 so didn't check that section.

Buckhead TRU had 4x Jam Sessions earlier this evening, if anyone wants that for $5. They're on the shelf, not in the bin. There were a couple copies of Lumines PS2 for $5 in the bins, and one copy of Zelda: LttP on the shelf, which I think is the one on clearance, right? Didn't see any Chocobo Tales, and I did look. Didn't notice a FF3. Some pretty good PSP games from the list in the bins, too. Sorry, wasn't paying any attention to PS3 games to see if there was Oblivion.

Also, there are some off-brand GC memory cards for about $2.50, if anyone wants to risk it. Lots of other accessories on clearance, but that was the only one that caught my eye as useful.

[quote name='RoninChaos']Yeah, I'll do the 9.99 plus tax with you.

Yo, anybody have any coupons for any big box stores? I need to get a new iPod. I used to see shit like "15 off 100", and I know Circuit had one going around for something off a 200 dollar purchase. If anybody has anything, please let me know.[/QUOTE]

This might help, but I haven't really looked into it:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185026

Ok, so recently I've been really wanting to buy a Game Boy Micro.

If it's not too much trouble, can everyone be on the lookout for GBMs at Wal-Mart (new) and Gamestop (used)? Supposedly they're on clearance at Wal-Mart for $25-30, so I'd love to grab one at that price.

I've had no luck finding any except on Ebay (I want it cheaper) and one on craigslist (the guy flaked out).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Buy in Stone Mountain has 1 copy of Castlevania: POR for the DS for $6 (70% off of 19.99). It's been there for at least a week, so you're chances are probably pretty good. I bought it a year-and-a-half ago for $35.

Rich pickings in Tucker. Didn't find anything I was looking for, but perhaps this will help some of ya'll. There may have been more, but I'm going from memory here:

Tucker TRU:

- Jam Sessions (at least 3 copies)
- Children of Mana (at least 2 copies)
- Magical Starsign (at least 5 copies)
- Elite Beat Agents (at least 5 copies)
- Puzzle Quest for DS (at least 3 copies) -- Not sure what the pricing on this is in the computer, but it was marked $15 I think, which is still a great price, especially as part of the B2G1 sale.
- Final Fantasy V for GBA (at least 3 copies)

Tucker Best Buy has a Manager's 75% off section with several interesting titles (prices after markdown, when known):

DS
- Master of Illusion ($7.50)
- Teenage Zombies

- Two Worlds

PSP
- The Simpsons

PS3
- Oblivion: Shivering Isles Expansion ($5)

[quote name='Tybee']
Tucker Best Buy has a Manager's 75% off section with several interesting titles (prices after markdown, when known):

- Two Worlds
[/quote]

Any guess how much this was? If it's low enough I might make a trip back out to Tucker... (was at the TRU today).

It was $17.50... and it's gone now :) many thanks for the heads up!!

(Thanks for listing out the Tucker stuff as I was about to do it.)

Also as anyone seen:

GRAW 2 (360)
The Godfather (360)

at any of their TRUs?

Found Oblivion at the Buckhead TRU for $10. There's two more there, at least there was 2 at 4:30pm today. The are behind the glass and incorrectly marked as $20 each. I unfortunately was only there for oblivion so I don't know what else they had. Thanks Tybee and Zhar for trying to recall even if you weren't looking for PS3 games (its what I get for having the black sheep system).

[quote name='CottonGamer']...PS3 games (its what I get for having the black sheep system).[/quote]

Nah, I want a PS3, but when I bought my 360 for cheap there's not much arguing. :)

Not much of interest at the Dunwoody SuperTarget. Some ~$10 PS2 games, MX vs. ATX or whatever for the usual $41, and plenty of Wii Dancing with the Stars for $20, as usual. No Wiis or Fits.

I did buy a Bill & Ted double-feature for $5.50, though, so I'm pretty pleased with my visit. ;)
RIP, Rufus.

[quote name='El Gray']I did buy a Bill & Ted double-feature for $5.50, though, so I'm pretty pleased with my visit. ;)
RIP, Rufus.[/quote]
"Hi. Welcome to the future. San Dimas, California, 2688. And I'm telling you, it's great here. The air is clean. The water's clean. Even the dirt... is clean. Bowling averages are way up. Mini-golf scores are way down. And we have more excellent waterslides than any other planet we communicate with. I'm telling you, this place is great. But it almost wasn't. You see, 700 years ago the Two Great Ones ran into a few problems. So now I have to travel back in time to help them out. If I should fail to keep these two on the correct path, the basis of our society will be in danger. Don't worry. It'll all make sense. I'm a professional." - Rufus, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

[quote name='CottonGamer']. . . (its what I get for having the black sheep system).[/quote]I've got one, too, but it's a black sheep console in my own household because of my 360 Call of Duty 4 addiction. I woulda been looking for PS3 games, too, but I don't get a break at work anymore and that's when I used to do all of my deal searching :(
[quote name='El Gray']Not much of interest at the Dunwoody SuperTarget. Some ~$10 PS2 games, MX vs. ATX or whatever for the usual $41, and plenty of Wii Dancing with the Stars for $20, as usual. No Wiis or Fits.

I did buy a Bill & Ted double-feature for $5.50, though, so I'm pretty pleased with my visit. ;)
RIP, Rufus.[/quote]Excellent!!! And, RIP indeed.

Also, I got the last Godfather 360 at the Buckhead TRU when they did the B2G10 off a while back. Last I saw it was all out at the Tucker, Cumberland and Pleasant Hill TRUs. Sometimes they have stuff in the back that's not out front on the floor or in the case and I didn't ask. I saw it for $15 at the Microcenter in Duluth so if they run the $10 coupon again it could be $5.

[quote name='Wolfkin']dag nabit. I already got FFV:gba: matter of fact I'm pretty sure I got two. When will VI drop.[/quote]

Wondering the same thing. Not interested in V, but really want VI.

Hey Neo, you think that coupon for 40 off will work at your circuit for an iPod? Or are the RSCs there crazy on the coupons?

You guys should really be checking my CC clearance threads.:)

[quote name='RoninChaos']Hey Neo, you think that coupon for 40 off will work at your circuit for an iPod? Or are the RSCs there crazy on the coupons?[/quote]

As long as the fine print doesn't exclude Apple/ipod products I don't think it would be a problem.

[quote name='neocisco']You guys should really be checking my CC clearance threads.:)[/quote]

I get the TRU one, but somehow never subscribed to the CC one. Whoops. :oops:

I'm on there now. Funny that both of those threads are managed by Atlanta CAGs (well, maybe not jdawgg's for much longer). You guys deserve at least as much credit as Speedy1961. Maybe someone needs to sue you first. :roll:

I'll probably re-up them again because man I think I barely got the last FFVI:gba: at Buckhead CC. I had to literally dig thru the crates.

Edit:
Is it a problem that I almost spelled dig with two 'g's and didn't see anything wrong with it. Thanks goodness for spell check.

[quote name='Wolfkin']I'll probably re-up them again because man I think I barely got the last FFVI:gba: at Buckhead CC. I had to literally dig thru the crates.[/QUOTE]

Cool... glad you found one. I was just trying to remember where I'd seen one, but wasn't sure. There's a lot to dig through in the Buckhead store, but they're pretty good about putting clearance stuff in one place, at least. A couple of the folks in the games/dvd department seem to know their stuff, too.

[quote name='Wolfkin']I'll probably re-up them again because man I think I barely got the last FFVI:gba: at Buckhead CC. I had to literally dig thru the crates.

Edit:
Is it a problem that I almost spelled dig with two 'g's and didn't see anything wrong with it. Thanks goodness for spell check.[/quote]

Hmm...May dig through Cobb Pkwy on my way home...

[quote name='neocisco']You guys should really be checking my CC clearance threads.:)

As long as the fine print doesn't exclude Apple/ipod products I don't think it would be a problem.[/quote]
It does say it excludes it but I know it scans normally, regardless of what is in the cart and takes off 40 bucks.

[quote name='Tybee']I'm on there now. Funny that both of those threads are managed by Atlanta CAGs (well, maybe not jdawgg's for much longer). You guys deserve at least as much credit as Speedy1961. Maybe someone needs to sue you first. :roll:[/quote]

I have an opinion on this...but this is one of the rare times that I'm going to keep my opinion to myself.:whistle2:#

[quote name='RoninChaos']It does say it excludes it but I know it scans normally, regardless of what is in the cart and takes off 40 bucks.[/quote]

Then it should just come down to who scans it out for you. Maybe they'll notice, maybe they won't.

No FFVI at Cobb Pkwy CC that I could see. Bins looked heavily picked over.

However, on an endcap that also had DS accessories, there were a couple of hidden treasures:

1 copy of Phoenix Wright: Justice for All for $15
Several copies of Picross for $15
Something else that's slipping my mind....

Just got back from Edgewood Best Buy, saw Folklore for ps3 marked down to 19.99. They had about 3 copies left in the glass case. Dont know if its a price drop across the board or just at this particular best buy, so YMMV

Anyone seen the cheap Target PC games anywhere? Mainly the $4.98 Quake: Territory Wars, $6.24 Kane and Lynch, $6.24 Timeshift, or the $12.38 The Witcher?

Any info would be helpful! Thanks!

[quote name='Jam424']Anyone seen the cheap Target PC games anywhere? Mainly the $4.98 Quake: Territory Wars, $6.24 Kane and Lynch, $6.24 Timeshift, or the $12.38 The Witcher?

Any info would be helpful! Thanks![/quote]

QW:ET, Kane and Lynch, and Timeshift have all been gone for at least a month if not longer.

As for as I know/have seen no Targets in GA have clearanced The Witcher yet.

Say, if anyone sees Mario Kart somewhere near/between Dunwoody/Sandy Springs, down around 285, or near Decatur today, please shout in here. A buddy of mine can't find it anywhere, and obviously isn't willing to drive all over creation for something that should be common.

Thanks!

I know its not in the area you specified, but the only places I have seen that consistently had copies was both Fry's locations. They are on an end cap instead of on the aisle, and I think people just miss them. I would definitely call first if he wants it bad enough to drive up here half way to Tennessee though.

I also saw a lone copy in the Alpharetta Sam's this weekend.

Anyone up for a New thread to kick off 2.0? And I've just started an atlanta group. Sending invites to everyone on the past few pages, but if I miss anyone, just click Join.

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot to post but last saturday I saw several Metroid Prime GC bundles at sears for 27.xx. Not bad if someone is still looking to pick some up. It was the Northlake location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back